Juma Mubarak!

691 posts / 0 new
Last post

My Hebrew isn't perfect. It means do me a favour. You're so clever. Taaseh is one word.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
My Hebrew isn't perfect. It means do me a favour. You're so clever. Taaseh is one word.

Lama ma HONEY?

Sad

I’m enjoying my Hebrew classes, who would have known that Palestinians are well versed in Hebrew Wink

My favorite phase tzetha leshalom veshuvha leshalom, reminds me of when you called all us scum :roll: I wont use that against you

I've used the word scum but that wasn't directed at everyone. I did storm out once, and apologised when I came back, whereupon I wasn't foaming at the mouth.

OK, a good weekend.

[list][img]

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

I've used the word scum but that wasn't directed at everyone. I did storm out once, and apologised when I came back, whereupon I wasn't foaming at the mouth.

OK, a good weekend.

I’m not easily blindly nor compassionate as others are

OK, a good weekend.

shabbat shalam Mr yahoodi/jew

it always is a sorry day for a Muslim when a non Muslim shows that he is a bigger/better person that a Muslim

"Admin" wrote:
I don't know why, but [url= is a really fascinating image[/url].

Click on it.

[img]

Yes... It is a reflection of how this life's only real meaning seems to reside in the fact that we exist, and that there is something outside of ourselves to pursue. It's not as if we are born with meaningful duties or ideas to contribute. If we do manage to accomplish something deemed important or we do contribute something to society at large we only gather meaning in others perception of what we are doing/what we've done/what we are going to do. In other words - it takes another entity to give us meaning. If we do not value that other entity, be it God or the opinion of society at large, then our lives becomes a mash of endlessly meaningless journeys and experiences.

Abstractly it shows how the meaningfulness that could be found in suffering shows that there is also purpose in that life which is almost barren of both creation and enjoyment and which admits of but one possibility of high moral behavior: namely, in man's attitude to his existence, and existence restricted by external forces.... Without suffering and death human life cannot be complete.

In terms of its visual impact on the human mind it rather characterizes a difference in perception: do we perceive something only by means of knowledge that has previously been saved or by means of a permanently installed, algorithmic apparatus, which-similar to an automaton-structures and processes information independent of our previous experiences? Visual cognition as construction, that is, reconstruction of a meaningful world versus cognition as a machine-like meaningless process.

Yes, Admin. Truly fascinating.

you sure? It works for me...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

beasty boy u have too much time on ur hands

u read of of that I-m so happy in a blank image :roll:

[color=indigo][b]Juma Mubarak![/b][/color]

[list]
[list]
[list][img]
[list][list][b][size=17] [color=green]Shabbat Shalom![/color][/size][/b][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
[/list:u]

Lol And to you. Juma Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom!

[list][list]
[list]
[/list:u][list][img]
[size=13][list][list][list][b][color=green]Sh'vua Tov![/color][/b][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/size][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

[color=olive][b]Juma Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom to all ![/b][/color]

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Jummah Mubarak and Khair mubarak to all

May Allah swt shower his mercy upon us all

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Biggrin

[list][list][img]
[list][list][list][color=darkred]Sh'vua Tov![/color][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Does the issue raised in the Greetings thread mean you can't wish me Shabbat Shalom any more?

wouldnt think so. dont know what it means, but shabbot shalom to you

what does it mean?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus, Shabbat is the seventh day, the Jewish sabbath, and Shalom is peace or a regular greeting, so it means Good Sabbath or, for our purposes, have a good weekend. We use it on Shabbat and just before Shabbat.

[list]
[list]
[list][img]
[list][list][list][color=cyan][b]Sh'vua Tov![/b][/color][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Jummah Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom to all!

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

Lol

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages