Juma Mubarak!

691 posts / 0 new
Last post

what doesh shvua tov actually mean?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4NZO" wrote:

[color=indigo][b]You smell.[/b][/color]

haha noori smells so dere nananaana

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"F4NZO" wrote:

It means have a good week.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Jummah Mubarak Biggrin

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Cool picture.

(All week I did not use the computer except to check e-mail and look up two important things. Very proud.)

Juma Mubarak, Shabat Shalom!

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

[list][list][list][img]

[size=14][list] [color=indigo] [b] Juma Mubarak![/b][/color][/list:u][list][color=blue][b]Shabbat Shalom![/b][/color][/list:u][/size][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Salaam

Shalom

shvua tov

God be with you

[color=green]Yaumul Ithnain Mubarak[/color]!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

[list][list][list][img]

[size=14][list][color=green] [b] Juma Mubarak![/b][/color][/list:u][list][color=cyan][b]Shabbat Shalom![/b][/color][/list:u][/size][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Happy days.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Lol

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days
Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days
Thursday, Friday, Happy Days
The weekend comes
My cycle hums
Ready to race to you...

Back in BLACK

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

i would insert a pic but i dont know how to so here u go :

----------------in this space there should be a betutiful picture----------------

----------------Juma mubarak and shvua tov-----------------------------------

Love to Seraphim, to Dawud and to F4NZO. And to everyone. Pesach has just ended, leaving me with a short week. Sh'vua Tov!

[img]

I forget 100 are you reform or orthodox?

Orthodox (but a free spirit at heart).

did u do the custom of burning all unleavened bread?

did u serve sumin bitter with ur meal?

i think some jewwish customs are way cool

Thanks! Yes we do a full seder meal including the bitter herb. We also get rid of all bread and other flour products like pasta (although we give most of it away rather than burning it). It is also an opportunity for a spring clean, so having taken all my questionable purchases to the charity shop I am now faced with restocking my wardrobe (on a shoestring, which means more questionable purchases). Biggrin

way cool

did ur meal last for hours and hours

did u have a lot of singing and dancing in it

did u hide unleavened bread in the house for kids to find whilst doing ur spring cleaning?

(u can tell i've made a jewish friend)

Yep. Lol

The seder nights went on until about 2am. My Hebrew is the most fluent so after the meal when everyone is dropping off I am given the honour of finishing the recitation reasonably quickly. Having more than 30 guests each night doesn't make it any faster because we do stop a lot to sing and also to discuss what we are reading. Inevitably someone also likes to ask very challenging (and sometimes quite cynical) questions which shakes things up a bit and induces the sacred thought that they should only shut up for a minute so we can eat already. Because the commandment is to discuss the exodus, as well as reading the Haggada we read the English translations and commentary or add our own thoughts, and some of our guests are Sephardim from Baghdad so we allot parts of the seder to them which they sing very beautifully.

My older siblings have kids and they really enjoy the preparation and searching for crumbs with a candle and feather. Because my sister's house is always tidy and not so big they do hide little packets of chametz around the house. I love spending time with the kids, they are unbelievably cute. Please God by me, soon, -ish. (Hi to your friend.)

Pray for peace everywhere.

Enjoy your shabbat. May it be peaceful and erm... successful?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Smile Just peaceful. Juma Mubarak.

[size=11]Thanks to the spammer for the reminder.[/size]
[list]
[list] [img]
[list]
[color=blue][b][size=14]Juma Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/size][/b][/color][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

re: Juma. Other posters spell it differently. Obviously it is just transliteration but is my spelling wrong? Does it need that other u?

close enough for an age where text speek is rife.

Juma Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom! and joyous festivities.

maqy every day be a celebration.

Pages