Juma Mubarak!

691 posts / 0 new
Last post

[list]
[list]
[list]
[img]
[list][size=15] [color=orange]Juma Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/color][/size][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

Na-na-na-na-na-na

BATMAN!... :shock:

I mean Juma Mubarak Lol

Back in BLACK

as Robin would say:

"Holy Friday, Batman!"

Don't just do something! Stand there.

bit late but oh well Juma Mubarak and Shabbat Shalom

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Smile [size=14][b][color=blue]Juma Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom![/color][/b][/size]

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

[list]
[list]
[list][img]
[list]

[size=9][color=green][list][list][list][list][b][u]Sh'vua Tov![/u][/b][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/color][/size][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

[color=red][b]Juma Mubarak!

Shabbat Shalom[/b][/color]!

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

And to you Bliss!

[size=9]Coral:[/size][list][list][list][img]

[b][size=10][color=cyan]Juma Mubarak! Shabbat Shalom! Have a great weekend![/color][/size][/b][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

mr honey, it seems you have an endless supply of beautiful photographs!

peace and love everybody

Lol

That one is a picture my friend took on his travels in the far east. I take no credit!

Peace and love Ya'qub.

[list]
[url=
[size=10](click)[/size][/url][/list:u]
This is a clip from Fiddler on the Roof. In the Russian village of Anatevka where the Jewish shtetl and the Christian community rarely mingle, Tevye has agreed the engagement of his daughter, Tzeitel, to Lazar Wolf ( - Tzeitel, however, wishes to marry Motel, the poor tailor). In this scene they announce the engagement at the inn. (Fullscreen recommended.)

[list]
[list][color=orange][size=15][b]Sh'vua Tov! L'chaim![/b][/size][/color][/list:u][/list:u]

doesn't the butcher marry the daughter of a milk man?

thats not very kosher, ur not supposed to mix milk with meat are you?!

Lol

But the story develops...

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Am I the only person who didn't get that.

No your not and I have a feeling it was aimed at me.

"Purity is half of faith.......Prayer is the light...patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." Muslim

I think Ya'qub was just posting a funny photo and didn't mean to offend you. This thread is pretty peaceful.

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
I think Ya'qub was just posting a funny photo and didn't mean to offend you. This thread is pretty peaceful.

That is correct. I had no alteria motives for posting that photo. I just thought it was a nice photo. Reminded me of Monty Python's Flying Circus

The photo of the ducks mugging the kitten at knife-point however, THAT was meant to shock and offend many people!

And it did, Ya'qub. Oh yes.

hi mr honey or whateva u call urself now, i have sum questions about the jewish faith, i'm fairly ignorant about judaism so cud u plz clarify sum stuff. thnx

1.) what do jews actually believe in? wats ur creed? also, wat do u believe about the prophets isa (as), musa (as) and muhmmad (saw).

2.) whats so special about saturday? and do jews fast on the saturday?

thats all for now, i'll be back with more questions.

I'm on holiday and chilling in the country so I haven't checked in much. Nice picture Ya'qub. I'll have to see what that's about - there was something in the media recently but I wasn't aware it was so close to extinction. Sad.

"Noor" wrote:
hi mr honey or whateva u call urself now, i have sum questions about the jewish faith, i'm fairly ignorant about judaism so cud u plz clarify sum stuff. thnx

1.) what do jews actually believe in? wats ur creed? also, wat do u believe about the prophets isa (as), musa (as) and muhmmad (saw).

2.) whats so special about saturday? and do jews fast on the saturday?

thats all for now, i'll be back with more questions.

Hi Noor. Please call me by a username. "Whateva u call urself now" sounds a bit unfriendly. I know you're not.

1.) The basis of Jewish faith is the Torah, which comprises the first five books of the Old Testament, B'reishit - D'varim (Genesis-Deuteronomy). We also read the books of N'vi'im and Ketuvim (Kings and Prophets), which continue the history but don't contain laws and were not written by Moses. There are all manner of interpretations of Torah, but central to Jewish tradition is that after the Assyrians and Romans took Jerusalem there was no central authority or Temple, so the Rabbis put together a collection of interpretations and specifications - oral laws, called the mishnah - and later commentaries on this were called gemarah. Together these are called the Talmud. The Talmud is a compilation of discussions featuring different points of view with sources, and summaries covering whose view was adopted. The Torah and Talmud could be said to comprise the Jewish creed.

The Torah makes no mention of Jesus or Mohammed, being before their time. The Talmud makes occasional discussion of Jesus (I'm not aware if it has anything to say about Mohammed), making clear that Jesus is not considered to have been a Messiah or a prophet - he is called a false messiah. Some of the Rabbis were undiplomatic on the subject and it is not a well-studied tract, although antisemites rather like it. To clarify, specifics of the Qu'ran differ markedly from the Torah, which has been written down in a particular intricate lettering since the time of Moses and is believed to be unchanged since that time. Therefore there can be no suggestion that Mohammed's word is compatible. Maimonedes, a great sage, suggested however that Muslims do subscribe to the seven laws God gave Noah, and therefore that it is acceptable to study or discuss Torah with them ie we can argue and be friends.

Since a discussion on the details of Jewish observance and beliefs could go on forever I will leave it there, and you can ask further. Nothing I say is completely definitive, but makes a reliable general answer.

2.) The Torah in B'reishit says that after creating the world God rested on the seventh day and made it holy, and in Sh'mot and D'varim God says to remember and honour the seventh day. It is one of the 10 commandments given on Mt. Sinai. Shabbat is not a fast. It is a day of joy, prayer and study with family and friends, rest and good food. Rest doesn't necessarily mean a lie-in, but to refrain from general labour and finances, and a variety of specifics such as using electricity. There are several fast days in the Jewish calendar but, with the exception of Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement), fasting never takes precedence over Shabbat.

B'shalom.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

okay... most of that I-m so happy went straight in one ear and out the otha, sounds so confusing.. anway, sorry about the calling u watever bit, dint no wat account u was sticking to. once again, apologies.

Smile No worries and no offense taken, just a request. Helps me to distinguish different kinds of comments. (Bear in mind I've been at peace with the world in the beautiful countryside and happened upon a couple of malik's remarks, which sort of bursts the bubble.) Sorry if the answers are a bit unclear - we can return to the subject. Thanks Noor.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Joey of Vivre:

I do not pretend to be knowledgeable of Judaism to say the least, however I have looked into it slightly more than the average fellow. at the moment, in terms of the Oneness of God it seems spot on!! However, I do see one fundamental aspect of it as particularly troublesome for me to get my head around. Please clarify the issue for me to see if I understand it properly.

Jews see themselves as the 'chosen people of God' (the same way as the majority of religious people view themselves, including Muslims in a similar way).

BUT......

To be a Jew, your mother has to be a Jew. (Is this correct?)

'The Jewish People' refers to a racial group, not people who share a belief system (i know some Jewish atheists for example).

Does this mean that all non-Jews are going to Hell?

I know we believe all non-Muslims are going to hell too, but 'Muslim' means 'someone who submits them self willingly to God', while 'Jew' means someone of a particular racial group.

If this is all correct (and i'm not sure it is), then could it be argued that 'Judaism' in itself is a [b]racist[/b] belief system?

Is there any way for someone who is not ethnically Jewish to have salvation?

How about people who have never heard of Judea, Moses etc etc. (eg the Aztec civilisation. Muslims would believe that God sent them prophets, messengers and signs that He is One, and so they each had as much opportunity as anyone else EVER born to become a Muslim.)

If you don't feel comfortable answering these questions, could u point me to a good place that can clarify these issues for me (that is easy to read and engaging).

thank you very much mr man.

-O my goodness it is 2am!! i have to go to work in 5 hours!! i guess its time for a jumu'aa mubarak and shalom wa alaikum

Pages