Juma Mubarak!

691 posts / 0 new
Last post

At lunch time I mark work, prepare for the next day, cos I dont like take any work with me home...I also eat.

But even though I could read it at lunch...I'm at a very secular/English school. I need to ask permission to read it somewhere.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
At lunch time I mark work, prepare for the next day, cos I dont like take any work with me home...I also eat.

But even though I could read it at lunch...I'm at a very secular/English school. I need to ask permission to read it somewhere.

Then do that.
Have a bite to eat do your work half-a$$ed and then read your namaaz.

Back in BLACK

Its not about the time.

Like I said, I work in a secular school and I'm not sure how to approach the headmaster, they guy scares me.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Its not about the time.

Like I said, I work in a secular school and I'm not sure how to approach the headmaster, they guy scares me.

Walk in there with a fully-packed rucksack... Biggrin he'll give you anything you want.

Back in BLACK

[color=indigo][b]lol[/b][/color]

You'd be surprised just how accomodating people are. When I first reverted, I was well nervous about asking my boss about a prayer area. Theres was no other Muslims in my work place and I thought he'd think I was going nuts or something. But he specially emptied a storage room and cleaned it for me alhamdulillah!

I know I was very fortunate but I have heard many similar stories. My friend went to the Albert Hall in London (very posh and snooty) and when he asked for a place to pray in the half-time interval, they found him an empty room upstairs and had someone guard the door for him! For my work I go to the Royal Courts of Justice every day, and they have designated a prayer room very recently (although it says 'multifaith', they only did it cos of pressure from Muslim employees). I also heard that BUCKINGHAM PALACE now has prayer facilities!!

People are so scared of upsetting Muslims they will bend over backwards not to offend you. My advice is to ask him for an extended break on Friday lunchtime and then trust in Allah. Offer to make up the time by coming in early. If he says no then atleast you tried.

I realise my experiences are all in London and the situation may be more hostile towards Muslims in other parts of the country...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
You'd be surprised just how accomodating people are. When I first reverted, I was well nervous about asking my boss about a prayer area. Theres was no other Muslims in my work place and I thought he'd think I was going nuts or something. But he specially emptied a storage room and cleaned it for me alhamdulillah!

I know I was very fortunate but I have heard many similar stories. My friend went to the Albert Hall in London (very posh and snooty) and when he asked for a place to pray in the half-time interval, they found him an empty room upstairs and had someone guard the door for him! For my work I go to the Royal Courts of Justice every day, and they have designated a prayer room very recently (although it says 'multifaith', they only did it cos of pressure from Muslim employees). I also heard that BUCKINGHAM PALACE now has prayer facilities!!

[b]People are so scared of upsetting Muslims they will bend over backwards not to offend you.[/b] My advice is to ask him for an extended break on Friday lunchtime and then trust in Allah. Offer to make up the time by coming in early. If he says no then atleast you tried.

I realise my experiences are all in London and the situation may be more hostile towards Muslims in other parts of the country...

That's interesting... I was under the impression that Brits were for the most part rather abusive toward muslims, also out of fear.

[b][color=green]Jummah Mubarak![/color][/b]

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

"Don Karnage" wrote:
That's interesting... I was under the impression that Brits were for the most part rather abusive toward muslims, also out of fear.

You get a bit of everything. Some polite, some not so. Some different.

If everyone has had one bad experience with abuse, it atill is one person they have met in how many? hundreds? thousands? we meet people every day. Walk past them, work with them, catch the same bus.

But one instance does get you riles up and it is the loud people you hear.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
[If everyone has had one bad experience with abuse, it atill is one person they have met in how many? hundreds? thousands? we meet people every day. Walk past them, work with them, catch the same bus.

But one instance does get you riles up and it is the loud people you hear.

its very hard to detect racism in this country cuz racists have gona smarter no loner are the days when people will jus come up to you and call you 'paki' well some do but it rare , most racism is undercover racism or 'closet racism; which you can only detect by looking at statistics as a whole

e.g. muslims more likely to be victims of crimes , more likely to be stopped and searched , more highest number of unemployed, lowest achievers in school

so yeh its very racists for muslims jus not open to us

I think racism is like the WMD in Iraq.

If you cannot detect it, maybe it does not exist.

Now that is a good point to ponder over.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Ya'qub" wrote:

[b]People are so scared of upsetting Muslims they will bend over backwards not to offend you.[/b] My advice is to ask him for an extended break on Friday lunchtime and then trust in Allah. Offer to make up the time by coming in early. If he says no then atleast you tried.

Myself and not a single member of my extended family living in Britian have ever experienced overt racist outbursts

my dad loves playing the "its cos i'm a paki" card on a reg basis

but thats only cos it works :twisted:

lol sometimes I'll play the WASP card.

People get confused.

"Don Karnage" wrote:

People get confused.

Watch out for the liberals!

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Don Karnage" wrote:

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

USA AAA-OKAAAAY

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

"Dawud" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:

People get confused.

Watch out for the liberals!

lol they're the ones I do it to... you know the type "I'm not racist I have a black friend!"

That drivel on about lack of economic equality and institutionalized racism et cetera, but drive BMWs and don't think to ask their doorman how his day is going, because he is a mere "working man."

Can't stand em.

So when they get into a self righteous flurry about how they are theoretically fighting theoretical racism I just say "this is SO typical, it's because I'm white isn't it?!" and carry on thusly.

You'd be AMAZED how fast they get worked up, frothing at the mouth calling me this that and the other thing. :roll:

:shock: I can't rant about liberals now that I know my wife is reading...

i think the situation is different outside of cities,

there are a few girls at my work who commute in from essex and kent etc, similar to where the Big Brothers Witches come from! they have really strange views that all start with 'Im not racist but.....'

they find it so strange that most of my friends are asian or black, but i guess im priveleged cos i grew up in a very mixed area.

one girl said a really scary thing. she sed she wasn't racist, BUT if she got into an argument with someone, she would brandish N or P words happily cos she knew it hurt people, the same way she would call them 'fat' or 'ugly' !!!!

i was absolutely horrified by this so i confronted her, asking why she thought being a particular race was 'undesirable' like being overweight or something and she got really uncomfortable and again told me she wasnt racist, in a very similar way to those girls from Big Brother.

I think we're all safe if we stay in cities or atleast carry a kalashnikov with us when we go on rambling holidays...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
I think we're all safe if we stay in cities or atleast carry a kalashnikov with us when we go on rambling holidays...

Bill Hicks[/url]"]"England, where no one has guns; fourteen deaths. United States - and I think you know how we feel about guns; whoo! I'm getting' a stiffy - 23,000 deaths from handguns. But there's no connection, and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one."

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

It is both cultural and legal.

If a wukfit cannot get hold of a gun, then there will be less shootings.

On the other hand iof there are less people out there wanting to do violence it would also help.

People often cite Japan as an example here of haivng low crime rates. No idea if it is valid, but it is far enough away that using it as an example for anything will sound intelligent.

"Admin" wrote:
People often cite Japan as an example here of haivng low crime rates. No idea if it is valid, but it is far enough away that using it as an example for anything will sound intelligent.

lol

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

That sounds more intelligent than most of my recent posts.

Could have something to do with my new found freedom.

But my spelling has turned utterly attrocious. I need to do something about this.

I am faster to the u than to the s. samething with g and n and with e and m.

and then ther are the double button presses.

why do u need permission MS ur not doing anything illegal plus it's ur break time u can do as u wish within limits. Just inform the headmaster that during lunchtime u will be praying is it ok to use one of the empty classrooms for a short time. No harm in asking, like someone already said ppl are very accomodating more than we think. The worst that could happen is he says no?

[list][list][list][list]
[img]
[list][color=indigo][size=15][b][list]Juma Mubarak![/list:u][/b][/size][/color][/list:u]
[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

[list][list][list][list]
[img]
[color=green][size=15][b][list][list]Shabbat Shalom![/list:u][/list:u][/b][/size][/color][/list:u]
[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Hey dude!

That from finding nemo?

It is a [url= Turtle[/url]. There is one in Finding Nemo. Here's a Clown Fish from [url= Geographic[/url].

The one above it is a flowering Eucalyptus.

Here's a Wren:

[list][list][list][img] Shalom![/list:u][/list:u][/b][/size][/color][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Thanks abd have a peaceful saturday.

Pages