Riots and looting in parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester

156 posts / 0 new
Last post

RIIIIIOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

More riots?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

maybe i actually meant...

ROTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

[size=5] i might not have meant it then, but i do now [/size]

Lilly wrote:
maybe i actually meant...

ROTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

[size=5] i might not have meant it then, but i do now [/size]

Don't eat too much of them because then you would need to riot to digest them

My English is not very good

Peace, unity and prayers on dudley road, for the hereos of bham <3 Smile

Speech by the father of one of the victim's
">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1VjUSKevc&feature=related]

A guy speaking at the memorial (he's got a very strong accent! lol)">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NYcUALwIlE]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

A guy speaking at the memorial (he's got a very strong accent! lol)

I wonder if they are going to build a memorial for the 3 guys that died?

Or if not a memorial then a slate with there names on so that they could be remembered in years to come

lollywood wrote:

A guy speaking at the memorial (he's got a very strong accent! lol)

I wonder if they are going to build a memorial for the 3 guys that died?

Or if not a memorial then a slate with there names on so that they could be remembered in years to come

isnt word of mouth enough? isnt memories enough? do we need to build a memorial? i dont think so.

Lilly wrote:

isnt word of mouth enough? isnt memories enough? do we need to build a memorial? i dont think so.

It would be something that the forth coming generations could look at, it could even become a part of history over time

The Government starts to take some action

David Cameron warns council tenants they could be evicted if they are found to be involved in rioting in English towns and cities

The public express there anger

The e-petition entitled “Convicted London rioters should loose all benefits” has now passed the threshold of 100,000 signatures and has been passed to the Backbench Business Committee to consider for debate. It will continue to be available for signature once the site is re-opened.

lollywood wrote:
Lilly wrote:

It would be something that the forth coming generations could look at, it could even become a part of history over time

i dont see the point...

Lilly wrote:

i dont see the point...

In that case what would you like to see happen?

Lilly wrote:
i dont see the point...

It is about recognition - God made us as individuals, and with distinctions etc too. The qur'an mentions that we were made in tribes so that we could be recognised.

Other than that, many tribe names are actually linked to a trade - there will be tribes called "blacksmith", "potter", "farmer", "barber" etc and such things are something that naturally developed over time.

There is no harm to them unless they are used to divide. But its the sme with evreything, and if you get rid of every "pointless" thing in life, life will also cease to have a point.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Lilly wrote:
i dont see the point...

It is about recognition - God made us as individuals, and with distinctions etc too. The qur'an mentions that we were made in tribes so that we could be recognised.

Other than that, many tribe names are actually linked to a trade - there will be tribes called "blacksmith", "potter", "farmer", "barber" etc and such things are something that naturally developed over time.

There is no harm to them unless they are used to divide. But its the sme with evreything, and if you get rid of every "pointless" thing in life, life will also cease to have a point.

The post above was about the Memorial not caste system

The caste things is here

Get ready for price hicks and tax rises

LONDON (Reuters) - Damage caused by riots in London and other cities this week will cost more than 200 million pounds says the Association of British Insurers

All them cuts and now 200 million pounds worth of damage,had they not cut so much and so fast in the first place maybe we might not be in the situation we are in now?

oops admin... confuzzled the topics admin! ya did! got too many "reply to comment" tabs open!

I would just want their death to not have been in vain. and for them to be remembered. and taken as examples if they were good people in their living.

no glorification, no overpraising the dead.

Lol

(on topic, there is that hadith where the girls are singing the Hadhrat Abu Bakr (ra) tells them off but the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) tells to leave them be... they were singing about a battle that involved their ancestors.)

A bunch of looters talk to sky news

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJlmZitdG1o]

One of them 16 I got some things for my young son

we were the first to break the news
everyone thought we were lying

I didnt see it personally though

im really proud of mancunians they cleaned up so well-didnt even look as though anything had happened a day later

1R4M wrote:

im really proud of mancunians they cleaned up so well-didnt even look as though anything had happened a day later

The thing that I like about Manchester is that the Manchester police have started a name and shame campaign -they will be playing pictures of people who they think that are involved in the lootings on big screens in towns centres, Good I say the rest of England should follow

lollywood wrote:
1R4M wrote:

The thing that I like about Manchester is that the Manchester police have started a name and shame campaign -they will be playing pictures of people who they think that are involved in the lootings on big screens in towns centres, Good I say the rest of England should follow

What will that achieve? Making them into celebrities?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:

What will that achieve? Making them into celebrities?

Them getting caught and punished

celebrities no way

They even looted a poundland store LOL LOL LOL
Things are very expensive in a pound shop you know Smile

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syXLEJhVx9E]

A London shopkeeper who lost more than £200,000 when looters "swept in like a human tsunami" says he bears them no malice.

"If I had the chance to speak to them I would make them tea and ask them why?

Brij Sehgal, 79, was called by a security firm in the early hours of Tuesday after rioters smashed their way into his electrical goods shop near Ealing Broadway in west London.

They emptied the store of plasma screen TVs and DVD players in a matter of minutes.

"I'm not angry because that is a very negative emotion and I want to look forward, not back," Mr Sehgal told Sky News.

"They swept in here like a human tsunami, like a plague of locusts sweeping everything before them."

Mr Sehgal has been in the shop since the 1960's and incredibly bears the looters no ill will for the damage they caused.

Ocean wrote:
BORING!

Don't open the topic then :roll:

@SI, at the moment there's a banner with "bismillah ir-rahman ir-rahim, To Allah we belong and to Him we returh" {their names} "They gave their lives protecting all of us", where the 3 guys died.

There was going to be a peaceful march tomorrow but the dad spoke to everyone and told them there's no need for it, it is not part of Islam and they are all better off going and praying and improving themselves etc.

Amazing man. May Allah continue giving him and the rest of the families sabr!

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Ocean wrote:
BORING!

Don't open the topic then :roll:

@SI, at the moment there's a banner with "bismillah ir-rahman ir-rahim, To Allah we belong and to Him we returh" {their names} "The died protecting all of us", where the 3 guys died.

There was going to be a peaceful march tomorrow but the dad spoke to everyone and told them there's no need for it, it is not part of Islam and they are all better off going and praying and improving themselves etc.

+1! too cool! Ameen.

A surprising article from the daily mail, I think

Its True, that is really suprising:

Instead, Mr Jahan made an open and straightforward declaration of his faith. ‘I’m a Muslim. I believe in divine fate and destiny, and it was his destiny and his fate, and now he’s gone,’ he said. ‘And may Allah forgive him and bless him.’

Ameen,Mashallah,he is so strong, and has utmost faith in Allah... May Allah grant us all sabr in hardship... Ameen.

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

@SI, at the moment there's a banner with "bismillah ir-rahman ir-rahim, To Allah we belong and to Him we return" {their names} "The died protecting all of us", where the 3 guys died.

Is it safe to call it a kind of memorial?

Wow religion does have its good then, as a Muslim one is taught that we are the property of Allah and he can take his property back when ever he wants and how he wants, who are we to argue with that -I think its because of this the fathers of the children are calm

Pages