Riots and looting in parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester

156 posts / 0 new
Last post

That is from 2008.

Where is innocent until proven guilty?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
That is from 2008.

Where is innocent until proven guilty?

But it says Uploaded on 7 Aug 2011 that's why I thought it was new

They must have some kind of evidence to prove him guilty later on other wise they would not have taken such drastic action

My English is not very good

common guys, stop wasting your time on this... FOUR PAGES already! geez...

what if...somethign ELSE is happening and their trying to divert our attention from it?! if this is true the world is a sick sick sick place.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Lilly wrote:

what if...somethign ELSE is happening and their trying to divert our attention from it?! if this is true the world is a sick sick sick place.

Yes, the murdoch case is no longer in the limelight.

And, Gaza's Phone lines, internet and all other types of connection have been cut. Gaza has been isolated by an Israeli act of violence.

And people are still starving to death and so on and so forth

But
This is a big deal for england, just look at the damage that's already been done in London. It's not a small thing so ofcourse there's gna be a lot of focus on it. :/

(Although its annoying)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

you know. in london. EVERYWHERE they've been redoing the pavements/roads etc.. to make it all look nice (for olympics i think) Its caused HORRENDOUS trafic jams and mazelike deviation. and now. the youth are using bricks to break the pavement stone to chuck at the police.

at Gaza, they've been cut by the Israeli? link please!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I don't have a link for it, you can ask exception for that...

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lilly wrote:
you know. in london. EVERYWHERE they've been redoing the pavements/roads etc.. to make it all look nice (for olympics i think)

The Olympics should be cancelled in my view and all the money that was going to be spent on a few weeks of madness should now be spent on re building London

Do you all agree with me?

Anyone think it's dodgy?

I've heard someone say it's dodgy how everything is so well organised - like how they were able to burn down that massive sony warehouse.

And this morning I heard cameron's rubbish speech. The govt aren't doing anything really since the police don't have the power to do anything. Although there were less riots in the city centre today cuz of more police, but in other places there won't be always be enough police to handle the situation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Anyone think it's dodgy?

A bit
Maybe they got a few tips from the Pakistani police lol

I've heard someone say it's dodgy how everything is so well organised - like how they were able to burn down that massive sony warehouse.
And this morning I heard cameron's rubbish speech. The govt aren't doing anything really since the police don't have the power to do anything.

If they did then people would be saying oh they acted heavy handed its a difficult one if you're the police

Although there were less riots in the city centre today cuz of more police, but in other places there won't be always be enough police to handle the situation.

Maybe shops are running out of stock of the items they want

You wrote:

What he looks 9 - 10 the parents or parent should be well ashamed of them self's

That btw is not from the UK riots, just some random place somewhere.

but the kid got dealt with - got a lesson hardly any parent could have delivered more accurately.

"The wounded kid who had his backpack raided has been named as Ashraf Haziq. He also got a broken jaw for his troubles."

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcfcKLmWDM]

You wrote:
That btw is not from the UK riots, just some random place somewhere.

I thought it was, please write on top of the video

You wrote:

but the kid got dealt with - got a lesson hardly any parent could have delivered more accurately.

Yes but then as you said it's not in the UK- had it been in the UK the guy stopping the kid would have got arrested and not the kid doing the damage knowing uk laws lol

Three people have been ran over in Birmingham

Lilly wrote:

Yes, the murdoch case is no longer in the limelight.

And, Gaza's Phone lines, internet and all other types of connection have been cut. Gaza has been isolated by an Israeli act of violence.

And people are still starving to death and so on and so forth

I am not surprised that Gaza's phone lines warrant that attention over al Qaeda blowing up pipelines in Sinai, Assad mowing down Sunnis all over Syria not to mention still shafting Lebanon hard, the massacres in Bahrain, fighting in Libya... but I will point it out.

And it is a zero possibility theory that links these gangsters and regular chavs to a diversion set up by either Rupert Murdoch or Israel. The damage to the UK makes it a slightly higher possibility that one of those countries in which the UK has supported rebels, such as Iran, is involved in these messages, but I think only slightly.

Quote:
But
This is a big deal for england, just look at the damage that's already been done in London. It's not a small thing so ofcourse there's gna be a lot of focus on it. :/

(Although its annoying)

If there are riots outside and all around should the news rather deliver updates on riots in another country? I don't understand what is annoying to you. You're right that it's a big deal and violent rioting with widespread looting and deaths will dwarf most international news.

NB A fairly looming prospect if riots continue is one or more police getting something seriously wrong like killing unarmed kids and the Captain Hindsight media will rip the police to shreds. A hard-left wing will pick at the government's and police's response and assign them overall culpability as well for the new gang cultures, the estate-bound tunnel-vision, the nihilistic absence of any principles, the lusting for blingy footwear fcs, the alcoholic dependency on welfare culture that is very much Blair's legacy as much as the spoilt striking of the public sector, and heads will roll in police and government. I would not swear that the tories can't advance the credible argument that Labour's cackhanded nannying makes stuff worse. I do think the police need to be reorganised into our helpful protectors, the police, and the government's legal prosecutors, the henchmen, so that teenagers who hang with bums and gangsters don't hate the police, and the police are not assigned bureaucratic paperwork. I also predict that these riots will not keep up with rain, certainly after the summer holidays, but that we will pass the occasional firebombed car.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

lollywood wrote:

They must have some kind of evidence to prove him guilty later on other wise they would not have taken such drastic action

You have faith in the police.

admin, how about putting 'do you have faith in the police' article from ages ago on the front page?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
lollywood wrote:

You have faith in the police.

admin, how about putting 'do you have faith in the police' article from ages ago on the front page?

One has to in a way tbh, other wise what else can we do?

Today

The Prime Minister has pledged to give the police whatever they need to combat rioting and said contingency plans are in place for water cannon to be available at 24 hours' notice.

Joie de Vivre wrote:

I am not surprised that Gaza's phone lines warrant that attention over al Qaeda blowing up pipelines in Sinai, Assad mowing down Sunnis all over Syria not to mention still shafting Lebanon hard, the massacres in Bahrain, fighting in Libya... but I will point it out.

I just pointed out some things that are happening, none are more deserving/important than the other.
Quote:

And it is a zero possibility theory that links these gangsters and regular chavs to a diversion set up by either Rupert Murdoch or Israel. The damage to the UK makes it a slightly higher possibility that one of those countries in which the UK has supported rebels, such as Iran, is involved in these messages, but I think only slightly.
Never said it was set up! You're assuming things about me, Joey...
Quote:

If there are riots outside and all around should the news rather deliver updates on riots in another country? I don't understand what is annoying to you. You're right that it's a big deal and violent rioting with widespread looting and deaths will dwarf most international news.
Joey, you don't seem to have understood my point at all :/

It was Lilly who thought there should be less coverage on this. I was saying it DESERVES all the coverage and discussion. Of course the news should cover it. Unlike some people I think it's a pretty big deal. What's happening is beyond disgusting, people's livelihoods being destroyed, others scared to leave their homes and now 3 guys have been murdered, whilst protecting their communities, so yes it definitely is worth talking about!

It's 'annoying' (not the best description) cuz it is the only topic of convo anywhere and everywhere I am. At home, on the news, online, everywhere! It's pretty depressing.

lollywood wrote:
Three people have been ran over in Birmingham

They died in the early hours of this morning, May Allah grant them jannah ul firudaus, and grant their families sabr.

I don't know for sure but two of the guys were brothers, and their apparently their dad died today too, after a heart attack and that one of the guy's was going to be a dad soon Sad

Last night there were riot police in front of the doors of the hospital too!! This is getting out of hand and the fact these guys have been killed will just make it worse especially between the Black and Asian community living in Winson green, I think.

One person has been arrested for murder.

It's interesting to see the Police call the murdered 'Asian' and not Muslim. Not saying this is or should be about race or religion but if they were the bad guys, I'm sure it wouldn't be the same.

On the bright side Sikhs and Muslims are seen to be cooperating.

They died in the early hours of this morning, May Allah grant them jannah ul firudaus, and grant their families sabr.

Ameen

I don't know for sure but two of the guys were brothers, and their apparently their dad died today too, after a heart attack and that one of the guy's was going to be a dad soon Sad

Two of the guys were brothers but not sure about the father having aheart attack

Last night there were riot police in front of the doors of the hospital too!! This is getting out of hand and the fact these guys have been killed will just make it worse especially between the Black and Asian community living in Winson green, I think.

One person has been arrested for murder.

Do these thugs not understand that there are no expensive phones, cloths, tv's in a hospital to loot?
What's the point of even thinking in looting a hospital for goodness sake you mindless thugs there are old sick people inside there they don't need any more problems they have enough to deal with

Lets hope that the person arrested is jailed for life

Now what if they loot every food store in the UK could we run out of food -I know it sounds a bit OTT but lets face it most people shop on a weekly bases

It's interesting to see the Police call the murdered 'Asian' and not Muslim. Not saying this is or should be about race or religion but if they were the bad guys, I'm sure it wouldn't be the same.

True

On the bright side Sikhs and Muslims are seen to be cooperating.

At times like this a lot of people see things on humanity bases and not on any other

lollywood wrote:

Two of the guys were brothers but not sure about the father having aheart attack

I know they were brothers,

EDIT: their dad is alive Smile

There's nothing to loot in a hospital :/

lollywood wrote:

At times like this a lot of people see things on humanity bases and not on any other

Yep unfortunately there's a lot of people who see it as a race thing.

Ameen

Whoa, this has now been going on for too long.. its pretty scary in fact...

And it is true, it is dodgy how well "structured" everything is...

Death is the end of time. Not the end of Life.

Smile Biggrin

I'm hearing there's gonna be muslims looking for revenge in Birmingham or they're just using it as an excuse to start a fight. Either way it's not something that needs to happen right now.

Man this thing is going from one thing to another until one day we won't know what it's about and people will be confused who they're supposed to be fighting and who are the bad guys. This is just ridiculous.

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
I'm hearing there's gonna be muslims looking for revenge in Birmingham or they're just using it as an excuse to start a fight. Either way it's not something that needs to happen right now.

I don't think any Muslims would start a fight in Ramzan

Foysol89 wrote:

Man this thing is going from one thing to another until one day we won't know what it's about and people will be confused who they're supposed to be fighting and who are the bad guys. This is just ridiculous.

That day is called Qayyamat my friend or that means its near

My mum was referring to the rioters/looters as terrorists earlier on in general conversation. ("what have the terrorists been doing")

I had an urge to interrupt with "but they're not (exclusively?) Muslims!"

You wrote:
My mum was referring to the rioters/looters as terrorists earlier on in general conversation. ("what have the terrorists been doing")

They are in a away because they're striking fear into people

Pages