Riots and looting in parts of London, Birmingham and Manchester

London Ealing
There are now reports of looting in Ealing, west London
and a Tesco store has been looted

London Clapham
youths attacking shops in Clapham, south London

London Waltham Forest
Three officers injured after being hit by a vehicle in Chingford Mount, Waltham Forest,
More than 30 youths vandalising and looting a number of shops in Walthamstow and Waltham Forest

London Hackney
In Hackney, shops were attacked, and there were skirmishes as youths threw objects including chairs and pieces of wood at officers in riot gear.

Cars and bins were set alight, and contents from the bins were used as missiles by the offenders.

At one point, several people broke into the back of a stationary lorry.

They pulled its contents out onto the road, and some hurled it at police, while others used it to smash windows of a parked bus.

London Enfield
Extra police have been deployed to Enfield to handle clashes that have broken out this evening after a night of rioting in nearby Tottenham

At least 200 youths are believed to be in the area Enfield High Street where shop windows have been smashed and a police car attacked.

Scotland Yard confirmed several people have been arrested after looting in the borough.

It said earlier it has an operation in place across the capital tonight, with "high visibility" patrols being carried out.

Additional officers will be stationed in Tottenham throughout the night.

Hours of violence saw around 300 people battle police in north London on Saturday night and into the early hours of Sunday

Arrests In Enfield Amid Looting And Violence

Extra police have been deployed to Enfield to handle clashes that have broken out this evening after a night of rioting in nearby Tottenham.

At least 200 youths are believed to be in the area Enfield High Street where shop windows have been smashed and a police car attacked.

Scotland Yard confirmed several people have been arrested after looting in the borough.

It said earlier it has an operation in place across the capital tonight, with "high visibility" patrols being carried out.

Additional officers will be stationed in Tottenham throughout the night.

Hours of violence saw around 300 people battle police in north London on Saturday night and into the early hours of Sunday.

Mark Duggan's Brother Shaun Hall

It followed a protest over the fatal shooting of local man Mark Duggan.

The 29-year-old father-of-four died on Thursday after he was shot by police.

An Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) investigation into the incident is under way.

The IPCC, which is expected to make a statement later this evening on the fatal shooting, has said a non-police firearm was found at the scene of Mr Duggan's death.

Tottenham residents have told Sky News they were in fear for their lives as shops were looted, police cars and a bus set alight and petrol bombs thrown at officers.

Scotland Yard said 26 policemen were injured with eight officers - one suffering head injuries - admitted to hospital. They have all since been discharged.

London Ambulance Service said paramedics treated 11 other people, 10 of whom were taken to hospital.

A total of 55 people have been arrested for offences including violent disorder, burglary and theft.

The violence erupted after more than 100 people staged a vigil for Mark Duggan, marching from the local Broadwater Farm area to Tottenham police station.

Mr Duggan's family has told Sky News they do not condone the rioting.

In an exclusive interview with Sky News, the older brother of Mr Duggan called for an end to the violence.

Shaun Hall said he did not want any rioting carried out in his brother's name.

"The family's devastated. We don't want Mark portrayed as some kind of gangster. He was a good man, a family man," he said.

"We do not condone what happened, we are peaceful people

We are grieving and just trying to come to terms with everything that has happened. We do not want this happening in his name."

He added: "I know people are frustrated, they're angry out there... but I would say, please try to hold it down."

The area at the centre of the disorder has been sealed off in Tottenham High Road, where the crowd set fire to buildings, bins and vehicles.

A branch of supermarket Aldi was also set ablaze, and reports said looters had targeted JJB Sports.

London Tottenham
Petrol bombs were thrown, shops looted and 26 officers hurt during riots in Tottenham - prompting criticism of the police from the area's MP.

Violent Riot Ravages Tottenham After Shooting
575 Comments3:25pm UK, Sunday August 07, 2011

Petrol bombs were thrown, shops looted and 26 officers hurt during riots in Tottenham - prompting criticism of the police from the area's MP.

David Lammy said officers should have stepped in earlier to combat "small initial skirmishes" in the disturbance - which followed a protest over the fatal shooting of a man by police

The area at the centre of the disorder has now been sealed off in Tottenham High Road, where a crowd of around 300 had set fire to buildings, bins and vehicles.

Eight of 26 police officers hurt were taken to hospital - with at least one suffering head injuries - after violence that lasted from late on Saturday night into Sunday morning.

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said paramedics had treated a total of 11 people, 10 of whom were taken to hospital. Police say 42 people were arrested.

By the early hours of Sunday, many protesters had moved to nearby Tottenham Hale retail park, where some were spotted looting PC World and JD Sports.

Sky's Simon Newton, in Tottenham, said he saw youths wheeling out televisions and bags of clothes, but that police were not at the scene.
Violent Riot Ravages Tottenham After Shooting

David Lammy said officers should have stepped in earlier to combat "small initial skirmishes" in the disturbance - which followed a protest over the fatal shooting of a man by police

The area at the centre of the disorder has now been sealed off in Tottenham High Road, where a crowd of around 300 had set fire to buildings, bins and vehicles.

Eight of 26 police officers hurt were taken to hospital - with at least one suffering head injuries - after violence that lasted from late on Saturday night into Sunday morning.

Shops on Tottenham High Road were targeted

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said paramedics had treated a total of 11 people, 10 of whom were taken to hospital. Police say 42 people were arrested.

By the early hours of Sunday, many protesters had moved to nearby Tottenham Hale retail park, where some were spotted looting PC World and JD Sports.

Sky's Simon Newton, in Tottenham, said he saw youths wheeling out televisions and bags of clothes, but that police were not at the scene.

Daylight Looters Caught In The Act
:: Just hours after violence raged yards away in the centre of Tottenham, Sky News cameras caught people brazenly looting a local sports shop in broad daylight.

Around 120 people had earlier staged a vigil for shot man Mark Duggan, marching from the local Broadwater Farm area to Tottenham police station.

The 29-year-old father-of-four died at the scene on Thursday.

Violence escalated shortly after dark, when protesters set fire to two police cars and a double decker bus.

The cars, which were parked around 200 yards from the police station, were set upon shortly after dark.

"I don't think anyone could have forseen that such a peaceful and proper protest vigil would evolve into something like this."

Metropolitan Police commander Adrian Hanstock

Local MP David Lammy condemned "mindless" people involved in the rioting - but also criticised police for their handling of the situation.

"A community that was already hurting has now had the heart ripped out of it," he said.

"Many (of the rioters) were not from Tottenham and had come from far beyond this community, intent on causing violence.

"What happened here on Thursday night raised huge questions and we need answers, but the response to that is not to loot (and) to rob.

"This is an attack on Tottenham and ordinary people. There are questions about the nature of the escalation of this violence and the nature of the policing that led up to it.

"It seemed to go on for many hours before we saw the type of policing that I think is appropriate.

Timeline: Events Leading Up To Riots

"I think small skirmishes initially should have been stopped far quicker."

Metropolitan Police CommanderAdrian Hanstock said: "The death of Mark Duggan was absolutely regrettable.

"A peaceful demonstration was hijacked by a small number of a criminal element, that used that event for their own gain.

"We kept a dignified presence at the vigil. Our preparation was in place and the contingence we had needed to be proportionate to the levels of concern we had in the community.

Rioters left debris scattered. Picture: Sky reporter Simon Newton

"It was violence that could not have been anticipated on that scale. As soon as we saw the level, we moved all our available resources, bearing in mind this was at midnight on a Sunday.

"I don't think anyone could have forseen that such a peaceful and proper protest vigil would evolve into something like this."

Downing Street issued a statement condemning the violence as "utterly unnacceptable".

It all kicked off at 8.20pm on Saturday night. Many hours later, written words dribbled out from Downing Street and the Home Office. But where were the ministers?

Read Peter Spencer's blog

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Missiles were thrown at them. One was set alight and one was pushed into the middle of the High Road."

A branch of Aldi supermarket was also set on fire, and reports indicated looters had targeted JJB Sports.

The Met opened their Gold Command Control centre, in south London - normally only used for major incidents, such as the Royal wedding and the student protests.

Birmingham - Handsworth
A police station in Handsworth Birmingham has been set on fire

It looked like Karach Pakistan

I understand they were angry but what's the excuse for the looting?

My English is not very good

Ocean wrote:
stopincest wrote:
It looked like Karach Pakistan

I understand they were angry but what's the excuse for the looting?

It's a riot what did you expect? Display of flowers and candy with candles?

No, but come on man they were going in with "Shopping trolleys" ie they had that kind of thing in mind

It looked like some people were just out to loot/steal and they did not give a stuff about the shooting or anything else

What are you views on this?

@ SI - do you want to change your username?

If you plan to be a regular, i would rather see a much more paletable username.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Ok, let's change it to lollywood then

What are your views on this?

stopincest wrote:
You wrote:

you're looking for trouble...
if he keeps messing about, just change it to SI.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

lollywood wrote:
You wrote:

knew that was u as soon as i saw the lollywood lol!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Riots have now moved on to Enfield and Brixton. No point to them, just some mindless thugs ruining other peoples livlihoods. Kmt!

Lets reunite the ummah under one flag LA ILAHA IL ALLAH MUHAMMADUR RASULULLAH

Foysol89 wrote:
Riots have now moved on to Enfield and Brixton. No point to them, just some mindless thugs ruining other peoples livlihoods. Kmt!

Agree with you

some people are saying that its because of the cuts and that

lollywood wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Agree with you

That's just a very stupid excuse. I even hear some of the youth in Tottenham justifying their acts because they closed down their youth centres and now they have nothin to do.

IMO it's all rubbish, bloody greedy and selfish people.

Foysol89 wrote:
lollywood wrote:
Foysol89 wrote:

Agree with you

That's just a very stupid excuse. I even hear some of the youth in Tottenham justifying their acts because they closed down their youth centres and now they have nothin to do.

IMO it's all rubbish, bloody greedy and selfish people.

I guess you could call it frustration but that's no excuse for looting and burning stuff as we have both agreed, is it safe to call this anarchy?

The only positive thing is that its Christmas come early for some people Santa's got a trolley full of stolen presents

Dont agree with it all either. Especially that buidling that apparentley survived the war, but not the riot. I think that says it all really. Its crazy and they keep talking about how the youth doesnt have a good relationship with the police. Whats that about? Who has a relationship with the police?! :s If you break the law ur gonna be reprimanded for it, simple as. No relationship with the police is a GOOD relationship!

They mentioned on the news that most of the people arrested werent even from Tottenham! How can you travel from your home to another area just to demolish it?

I dont think its right though that no-one has spoken to the family about whats happened.

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

bilan wrote:
Dont agree with it all either. Especially that buidling that apparentley survived the war, but not the riot. I think that says it all really. Its crazy and they keep talking about how the youth doesnt have a good relationship with the police. Whats that about? Who has a relationship with the police?! :s If you break the law ur gonna be reprimanded for it, simple as. No relationship with the police is a GOOD relationship!

They mentioned on the news that most of the people arrested werent even from Tottenham! How can you travel from your home to another area just to demolish it?

I dont think its right though that no-one has spoken to the family about whats happened.

agreed
and lol

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

bilan wrote:

bilan wrote:

they keep talking about how the youth doesnt have a good relationship with the police. Whats that about?

some people are saying that coloured youths have died in police custody in the past and they are allegedly stopped a lot and they are angry about that

bilan wrote:

I guess they had ill intent in mind in the first place, all they wanted to do was copy what others were doing not only that but I heard some of the kids were just 8 yrs old- what were there parents doing?

The funny thing is look at how organised they are bagging every item like they have paid for the thing and there in no rush at all they are browsing and chatting at the same time, The question is why is the Police not stopping'em? why are they not using water canons and tear gas to disperse them like they do in Asian countries?

And our leadership
Dave is in Italy posing with some girl

don't know about bo-jo? not heard from him but I bet his on his little bike somewhere
Nick noleg to stand on has vanished into thin air
why can't they cut there holidays short come back and show some concern for once

If they were to do this in any other country it'd be a different story. This government has very little authority over these young terrorists and thugs. They get away with too much IMO.

Chop off their hands and we'll see how many of them are looting again.

Most countries will not even protest let alone riot unless they felt it was really necessary and even then there's consequences. These thugs in London really need a kick up the backside, no excuse for what they're doing. If only they knew and understood the values of what they have in this country they'd be greatful.

They could really learn a lesson or two from the youth in the thirld world countries. Kids here haven't worked for anything, everything's been handed to them on a plate. Yet they have the audacity to say they're living a hard life? Oh "i can't get a job" boo hoo. Join the rest of us.

I've seen people who are born and raised in war driven countries who are more civil, patient and greatful than these greedy kids.

Anyway that's my two cents. May Allah guide us all. Ameen

Foysol89 wrote:
If they were to do this in any other country it'd be a different story. This government has very little authority over these young terrorists and thugs. They get away with too much IMO.

I think the reason why they are taking it easy is because they don't want another Ian Tomlinson thing happening again

Foysol89 wrote:

Chop off their hands and we'll see how many of them are looting again.

+1 on that but then we will get people saying "oh but we are "civilised" and we don't want to do that kind of thing in this county - we now know how civilised robbing in day light, will they ever get caught I wonder? because they are all wearing balaclavas / masks and the such like

SUMMER SALE NOW ON EVERY THING MUST GO! and for free lol

Foysol89 wrote:

This government has very little authority over these young terrorists and thugs. They get away with too much IMO.

There is also a lack of parental guidance the police can only do so much

Foysol89 wrote:

Most countries will not even protest let alone riot unless they felt it was really necessary and even then there's consequences. These thugs in London really need a kick up the backside,

Who's gonna give them that kick? the police are scared to go near let alone touch them

Foysol89 wrote:

no excuse for what they're doing. If only they knew and understood the values of what they have in this country they'd be greatful.

They never are because its a cut throat kind of culture, mummy daddy I have the i-phone 3 but the boy at school has got i-phone 4 i want that it has face time on it

Foysol89 wrote:

They could really learn a lesson or two from the youth in the thirld world countries. Kids here haven't worked for anything, everything's been handed to them on a plate. Yet they have the audacity to say they're living a hard life? Oh "i can't get a job" boo hoo. Join the rest of us.

Yes maybe if they worked for it they would appreciate what they have and how there parents worked hard and saved money for them to live such a life style

Foysol89 wrote:

I've seen people who are born and raised in war driven countries who are more civil, patient and greatful than these greedy kids.

Anyway that's my two cents. May Allah guide us all. Ameen

[/quote]

Maybe that's because they are easy to please and they know the value of what they have got

Ameen

I can't believe the pictures i'm seeing of my local town centre. Completely trashed, where am i gonna buy my Eid clothes?I hear the riots have even moved to Birmingham now. This is getting really out of control. I'm lucky i just got home minutes ago. May Allah keep our bothers and sisters safe. Ameen

Foysol89 wrote:
I can't believe the pictures i'm seeing of my local town centre. Completely trashed, where am i gonna buy my Eid clothes?I hear the riots have even moved to Birmingham now. This is getting really out of control. I'm lucky i just got home minutes ago. May Allah keep our bothers and sisters safe. Ameen

Enough is enough the police need to get in there and help put a stop to it - At this rate the riots will spread to every city in England

Typical londoner over reaction.

I see no chaos up here and do not expect to either.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Typical londoner over reaction.

I see no chaos up here and do not expect to either.

Just wait sunshine

"They can't blame muslims for these riots our lads were busy in tarawee." lol

OMG I actually only watched the news today, before I had just been reading about it. It's CRAZY! Looting, Arson. All those buildings, cars and basically anything on fire! :O

They keep showing a furniture store in Croydon which has massive flames that aren't being put out :S

From the 'live updates' on an fb page apparently witnesses say there's more gangs going into bham city centre...

It's unreal!

[size=8]But the perfect story for my sociology report![/size]

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Revolution!

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
OMG I actually only watched the news today, before I had just been reading about it. It's CRAZY! Looting, Arson. All those buildings, cars and basically anything on fire! :O

Well the people of Pakistan for not alone for once plus I have found a positive side on this at least it proves the old age saying wrong noting in life is free oh well it is now lol

They keep showing a furniture store in Croydon which has massive flames that aren't being put out :S

From the 'live updates' on an fb page apparently there's more gangs going into bham city centre...

It's unreal!

[size=8]But the perfect story for my sociology report![/size]

There is mayhem and you are thinking about your sociology report Allah Allah kar te Kher Mang

You wrote:
Revolution!

It was way over due lol

lollywood wrote:

There is mayhem and you are thinking about your sociology report Allah Allah kar te Kher Mang

Please speak in english.

I can't do anything about it and I'm just going to be writing about it, nothing wrong with that.

lollywood wrote:

Please speak in english.

I can't do anything about it and I'm just going to be writing about it, nothing wrong with that.

OK

It's like a freaking warzone here!! I'm too scared to go out... Even though it hasnt even reached my part of east London...Does that make me a wimp??

PS Its sooo cute, apparently our Muslim Bro's were protecting East London Masjid.

GuestHarajukuDoll wrote:
It's like a freaking warzone here!! I'm too scared to go out... Even though it hasnt even reached my part of east London...Does that make me a wimp??

No,
I would stay in for now

HarajukuDoll wrote:
PS Its sooo cute, apparently our Muslim Bro's were protecting East London Masjid.

I was just mentioning this on tribune!

hand

Oh yeah, my friend texted me saying how this is the start of the new world order -_-

Pages