NO TOPIC 5

Salam to everyone,

Welcome to the fifth installment of the NO TOPIC thread.

This is the place where we just hang out.

We dont talk about anything here.

We just chill, smoke and relax among ourselves.

I began this idea a vew years ago and it seems to be very popular. I dont know why. You can tell us why?

Part 4 lasted from April-August 2009

For those of you who have plenty of time, you can indulge yourself in the previous four very useful thread:

Enjoy.

I was staring at my hands and feet in wonder the other day.
And i realised... they're very pale :?

Attending an iftari this evening with friends. Hope the foods good.

I was watching the London Marathon on TV and I saw someone running who was in a chicken costume, and then nearby there was someone else in an egg costume. 'This could get interesting,' I thought...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

whyy isit on the home page on the left hand side where it says active forum topics there is a topic about milad raza qadris new album bt it doesnt come up where you go to the forums?

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

it's in the events forum.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i knew that

'Like all men, Prophets are truly fallible; their distinction lies in that God does not leave them in their error. He corrects them and often blames them therefore.'

Don't quite understand the last sentence.

Where did you get that from? I would question it...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Where did you get that from? I would question it...

The Life of Muhammad by Muhmmad Husayn Haykal.

It was from the Foreword which was written by Muhammad Mustafa al Maraghi.

? Not sure I agree with that sentence, but again, it needs further explanation to decide what the author meant.

Something else to read: - a one page article comparing the Muslim view of Prophets against the Christian and Jewish one.

You wrote:
? Not sure I agree with that sentence, but again, it needs further explanation to decide what the author meant.

Yes, that book! and there's me sitting with the hard copy in front of me. It's supposed to be really good.

I don't quite know what it meant either.

<< here's where I got it from..but I'm guessing you figured it out.

How do you find stuff like that on the internet?

You wrote:
Something else to read: - a one page article comparing the Muslim view of Prophets against the Christian and Jewish one.

Thanks.

From the same book:

'Islam began as a stranger and will return as a stranger. God bless the strangers!'

What?

s.b.f wrote:
From the same book:

'Islam began as a stranger and will return as a stranger. God bless the strangers!'

What?

Is it to do with the fact that most people aren't Muslims, so if people DO actually follow Islam they will (always, in every society) be seen as 'strange'?

Which makes it more difficult, therefore rewarding, to practice Islam?

I'm not sure. Good thinking behind it.

This is the full paragraph:

What we have witnessed today of the West's concern for the study of our heritage and the care with which western scholars study the legacy of Islam, its various contents, its ancient and modern history and peoples, of the fair treatment that some of them give to the career of the Prophet-may God's peace and blessing be upon him-and finally, what we know by experience of the necessary final victory of truth-all this leads to the consideration that Islam will spread all over the world. In this process, the strongest protagonists of Islam may well be its strongest enemies whereas its present alien antagonists may be Islam's adherents and defenders. As in the early period the strangers have supported Islam, strangers may yet help it achieve its final victory. It is said that "Islam began as a stranger and will return as a stranger. God bless the strangers!"

s.b.f wrote:
I'm not sure. Good thinking behind it.

This is the full paragraph:

What we have witnessed today of the West's concern for the study of our heritage and the care with which western scholars study the legacy of Islam, its various contents, its ancient and modern history and peoples, of the fair treatment that some of them give to the career of the Prophet-may God's peace and blessing be upon him-and finally, what we know by experience of the necessary final victory of truth-all this leads to the consideration that Islam will spread all over the world. In this process, the strongest protagonists of Islam may well be its strongest enemies whereas its present alien antagonists may be Islam's adherents and defenders. As in the early period the strangers have supported Islam, strangers may yet help it achieve its final victory. It is said that "Islam began as a stranger and will return as a stranger. God bless the strangers!"

OK. In that case, I have no idea.

How come in so many books about Islam they also mention 'it is said'. Does that basically mean 'I heard this somewhere but can't remember where/when' ?

Ya'qub wrote:

How come in so many books about Islam they also mention 'it is said'. Does that basically mean 'I heard this somewhere but can't remember where/when' ?

Smile

Good question.

I would say "yes".

Just a word of note - that book does not seem to be aimed at teaching/learning about islam and the Prophet (saw), but at academics so its focus may or may not be on things you want it to focus on.

The description of Arabia however does sound an awful lot like the fictional world of Dune and I think I do understand some of what Dave was saying all those years back...

dua request:

can you all please remember my nani is your duas, she's not well.

(and if you can, recite surah fatihah for shifa)

shukran.

go to this search engine and type in the word "sex" the result is funny
dw nothing stupid and just 2 clear up, i never tried it myself, sum1 told me

can u read the qur'an online without wudhu?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
can u read the qur'an online without wudhu?

yeah.

but it's better to have wudhu.

in fact, it's best to try to keep wudhu at all times (i.e. making it ASAP after each time it breaks)

Ya'qub][quote=s.b.f wrote:

It is said that "Islam began as a stranger and will return as a stranger. God bless the strangers!"

Apparently: when it says: 'Its is said that' : in this case, it was a hadeeth.

The Prophet said:
“Islaam began as something strange and it will revert to how it began, so
glad tidings to the strangers” {SaHeeh Muslim}.

AND:

Praise be to Allaah.

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Al-Sindi said in Haashiyat Ibn Maajah:

“Strange” refers to the small number of its adherents. The basic meaning of ghareeb (a stranger) is being far from one's homeland. “And will revert to being strange” refers to the small number of those who will adhere to its true teachings even though its followers are many.
“So give glad tidings to the strangers” means those who follow its (islams) commands and become strangers in their society due to this ,than such people have glad tidings of paradise or heaven from allah. “Tooba (glad tidings)” has been interpreted as meaning Paradise or a great tree in Paradise. This shows that supporting Islam and following its commands may require leaving one's homeland and being patient in bearing the difficulties of being a stranger, as was the case in the beginning.

In Sharh Saheeh Muslim, Al-Nawawi quoted al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad as saying concerning the meaning of this hadeeth:

“Islam began among a few individuals, then it spread and prevailed, then it will reduce in numbers until there are only a few left, as it was in the beginning.”

(so we can see now that just a handful of muslims are on true islam like islam of sahabas period and these handful of muslims are being prsoecuted ,tortured,killed and humilated and looked down upon in society!!!

subhanallah.our prophet pbuh gave us such clear picture of present era in this hadeeth

AND:

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 2/170:

The meaning of this hadeeth is that Islam began as something strange, when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called people to Islam, but no one responded except a few here and there. At that time it was something strange because its people were like strangers amongst others and they were few in number and weak, in contrast to the great numbers and strength of their enemies who persecuted the Muslims. Then some of them migrated to Abyssinia, fleeing for the sake of their religion from tribulation and to save themselves from persecution and oppression, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) migrated at Allaah’s command to Madeenah, after suffering intense persecution and in the hope that Allaah would give him people to support him in his call and support Islam. Allaah fulfilled his hopes, granted victory to his troops and supported His slave. The Islamic state was established and Islam spread, with the help of Allaah, throughout the land; Allaah made the word of kufr lowest and the word of Allaah is (always) uppermost, for Allaah is Almighty, All-Wise, and honour, power and glory belong to Allaah, and to His Messenger, and to the believers [cf al-Munaafiqoon 63:8]. This continued for a long time, then division and dissent spread among the Muslims and weakness and failure increased gradually, until Islam once again became something strange as it was in the beginning. But this is not because of their small numbers, because at that time they will be many, rather it is because they do not adhere to their religion or cling to the Book of their Lord and the teachings of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), apart from those whom Allaah wills. So they become distracted and turn to competing in worldly matters, like those who came before them, and they fight amongst themselves for leadership. So the enemies of Islam found a way in and they colonized their lands, humiliated their people and treated them badly. This is the way in which Islam returned to being strange as it was in the beginning.

A number of scholars – including Shaykh Muhammad Rasheed Rida – thought that this hadeeth gives glad tidings of a second victory of Islam after it becomes something strange again. They base this on the metaphor used by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “… will revert to being strange as it began.” So just as following the initial strangeness and alienation the Muslims were victorious and Islam spread, this will happen again after the second period of strangeness and alienation.

This view is more likely to be correct, and is supported by what is proven in the ahaadeeth about the Mahdi and the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) at the end of time, when Islam will spread and the Muslims will be victorious, and kufr and the kaafirs will be defeated.

And Allaah is the Source of strength. May Allaah send blessing and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon his family and companions.

Just found this topic under the rubble.

the [UGLY] revival website. Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Lol are u seriously suprised?

Fool why?

I like the layout of that theme, not the colours. if anyone wants to take a screenshot and have some "fun" in paint, by all means, go ahead.

wednesday wrote:
me me me me! Can I have a go? Now, how do I do it? and what do I do, just change colours?

What if I mess it all up? Biggrin Are you asking us to prepare a prototype first?

Lol

So much keenness and enthusiasm. Go wednesday!

Pages