NO TOPIC 5

203 posts / 0 new
Last post

MuslimSister wrote:
Omrow wrote:
Thanks Power. I'll teach you sometimes.

MuslimSister wrote:

I'm STILL not back to school!!

But on a brighter note, i did get to visit sharm el sheikh. Go snorkeling in the red sea and drink beduion tea near mt sinai.

Is that place as good as looks on TV?

Even better.

Absolutely breath taking. The coral, reef, colourful fishes under the sea really felt as if I was in another world.

I loved the sea. Loved the mountains. Half wish I came here for my honeymoon. What I DIDNT like was the amount of naked girls I saw.

Each to their own. Personally I found Sharm horrible, then again I didn't have time to go diving (which seems like the whole point).

It was just a bunch of bright-red English people and some plastic palm trees. The mountains were great, but the actual town sucked.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, god i wish id stop havin the stupid conversation

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:

what conversation?

PS. I like:

“When a man says I cannot, he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakened his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished.”
——— Muhammad Ali.

I like your sig:

They are the losers, those who make the religion hard and tough. They imperil themselves who enforce tough practices of Islam. They destroy themselves, those who are extremes.
——— Prophet Muhammad (s) as reported by Ibn Masud in Sahih Muslim.

It is deep and very wise.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

What did you get out from it?

good question.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I've had 4-5 kids leave my classroom, cos parents thought I wasnt 'british' enough to teach them. I've been accused of being an egyptian many times, and when I've insisted that I'm british, pakistani and that I cant speak a word of Arabic I've been called a 'liar' ?!

What's more depressing is that, my management (who are well qualified british teachers) cant support me, cos its the parents who pay kids fees/pay our salary and therefore 'own us' (I cant even put a kid in detention unless i know who his dad is)

The irony, is the 'blond, blue eyed' teachers in my school, where the parents wish their children should be in, are actually high school drop outs - none of them have a teaching qualification, and are only in this country cos they married egyptians.

Racism is rife here.

and so does it seem an inferiority complex - do they expect the (native/caucasian) British to be better?

What is the actual teaching there like? decent quality, or due to all the other compromises... compromised?

Most international teachers here are foreign, and with all due respect to British and american people, being able to speak english and having blue eyes does NOT make one qualified to deliver a curriculim.

And the REAL ex pat qualified teachers are few. Most are unqualified.

Egyptian teachers, are not very good teachers, but thats cos their salary is very, very low and training is poor.

So in a nutshell, the kids in my school who are paying 10,000uk sterling a year for an british education are getting ripped off.

Interntional education is a sham, IMO.

If I'm ever overseas again and have kids, i will be homeschooling my kids.

EDIT: stiff, arabic keyboard. Hence the spelling mistakes.

s.b.f wrote:

what conversation?

a conversation about islam. :/ i had to actually say to the person

Stop insulting islam
stop being ignorant when u accuse me of being ignorant (about other stuff)
Dont ask the questions if you wont listen/try to understand.
I wasn't very happy!
but great friends get over such stuff Smile but i can see myself having the same(ish?) convo again :/

s.b.f wrote:

PS. I like:

“When a man says I cannot, he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakened his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished.”
——— Muhammad Ali.

i googled ur sig! and then some sites came up with quotes and stuff Smile

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

we were talking about crimes and getting away with them and this girl goes "if you want to get away with murder stab someone with a sharp icicle and it'll melt so there'll be no evidence" LOL

we were talking about crimes and getting away with them and this girl goes "if you want to get away with murder stab someone with a sharp icicle and it'll melt so there'll be no evidence" LOL

Hmm...what was that story by Roald Dahl, where...briefly..this woman kills her husband with a frozen meat thing, and then cooks it. She goes to the shops to buy something and comes back. Shock. She calls the police to say she just came in through the front door and found her husband dead. The police come and investigate. They can't find the weapon that killed the husband. There's a burnt smell coming from the kitchen. Wife suddenly remembers she had left the meat to cook. She offers it to the police. Everyone eats the evidence. Yum.

wow, when you quote a text, the boxes have shadows on them!

Biggrin (<< slightly too cheesy)

As for murders and conspiracies, I doubt they ever go to plan.

Even if there is no body, no evidence of anything having been done, you can still be convicted of the murder.

You wrote:
Biggrin (<< slightly too cheesy)

Lol

My phone is a loner.

It "screens" incoming calls by dying before I can answer them.

I also makes me be efficient by only allowing on average one call out before dying.

(unless I have it plugged into a charger, when it is fine.)

You wrote:
My phone is a loner.

like fone, like owner Blum 3

i guess the shadow thing can only be seen by firefox users?

i guess the shadow thing can only be seen by firefox users?

And Safari and Google chrome.

I'd LOVE to win a gadget show competition, it'd be soooo cool and then sell most of them, the ones that arent useful to me!!

it aint gna happen tho!

is today a special day?

I actually find this rather embarrasing. There is a new mosque being build in my local area and after about 5 years, maybe more, we as a community havnt been able to raise the £7 mmillion needed for the mosque. Yet they managed to raise £11 million in 18 months!!!

You wrote:
May Allah (swt) bless him with kids. I wonder if he will carry or push?

lol ameen to that, but i cant imagine Omrow being a husband or a daddddy lol, i think it would change his personality a little...maybe. Omrow are we invited to ur wedding? Blum 3

You wrote:
May Allah (swt) bless him with kids. I wonder if he will carry or push?

Push.

i *think* i was told once that it is encouraged u perform the ghusl of atleast 7 deceased people. is this true?

ok thank you Smile

im all shook up, no im not elvis for the night. Seriously i just threatened a woman next door coz i thght she was trying to burgle my neighbors. I saw someone climbing a wheelie bin to get in through the kitchen window. Two very very old ladies liv next to me, eccentric as they are i couldn't turn a blind eye. I opened the window and screamed out what the ... do you think you're doing. Turns out it was a lady in her 40s from across the rd. The old ladies told her to see if she could get their keys they were in rush coz one of them had accident in house. in rush left keys, locked out the house.

I apologised, but all the time ive been thinking i can't believe i did that. What if it had been a burgler, and a armed burgler, they could have attacked me or kids. i had thght about it before, but still thght i cant go to sleep if these women are being attacked, even if i get attacked it'll be worth it..if that makes sense lool

oh my gosh when the lady across rd realises i wear a niqab, she's gona be more afraid than she ever was before. i did apologise she said it's fine not to worry, but doesn't make me feel any better lol

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

In most cases, a burglar would just run away. Attacking you or the kids requires some thought and a level of cold bloodedness that is rarely present outside movies.

Pages