How do you know if your in love?

419 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
OMG i actually feel really really sorry for you. How can you write 80-100 pages bout that topic!!? I always think you poor things have it much tougher than us...what yr of uni are u in?

We have all this semester to research and all next to write it but it's a bear. I am in my fourth and final year. Going on to grad school next year (possibly in merry old england actually!)

And since this is a requirement for graduation there is absolutely no way around it.

You guys don't have comps or projects or anything like that?!

Well this is my third yr, for the subjects i have attended i dont have any dissertations as of yet....but we might have to carry out an experiment and write up about it however it wont be long as 80-100 pages!!

Hey you should come to scot 2 study!

"angel" wrote:
Well this is my third yr, for the subjects i have attended i dont have any dissertations as of yet....but we might have to carry out an experiment and write up about it however it wont be long as 80-100 pages!!

Hey you should come to scot 2 study!

lol well it sounds like you will have your work cut out for you anyway - 80-100 pages regardless.

I was actually considering some of the oxford schools. In all likelyhood though I will be shying away from international law and will either go with Yale or UVA. They both have strong backgrounds in criminal and constitutional law - I sort of like UVA more because it's closer to home and it's got a better conlaw reputation than Yale.

If I go into int'l law though i'm definitely looking at schools in paris and oxford - the programs there are far superior to what we have in even the finest institutions in the US.

Couple or three points:

Hayder - Your brief isn't even qualified yet. Perhaps you need to rethink who you hire

Angel - don't worry hun, his brief ain't even qualified. Fool

David - Perhaps if you were banned for a few days, you'd have more luck getting your paper finished? It can be done, quite easily.

Bonus point: Pirhana and likelihood

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

If you think about cake all day long, want and need cake all the time, can't imagine your life without cake...

Does that mean you're in love with cake?

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"Aphrodite" wrote:
If you think about cake all day long, want and need cake all the time, can't imagine your life without cake...

Maybe.

Personally I fall in and out of love for certain foods…

One week I can’t live without apple pastry with fresh cream….and the second week I need chocolate cake at all times.

If was true love I’m sure we’d only hanker after one certain food at all times. Blum 3

...You gotta be loyal when you're in love Wink

"Aphrodite" wrote:

I'm in lurve with cakes!!!!!!

in my house tears have been shed, glasses have been broken, hearts have been broken, and people have been physically beaten up over that last piece of chocolote cake

once i told everyone NOT to touch my cake in the fridge

that cake in the fridge was the only thing that got me thru the day

i come home and theres no cake in the fridge

i ask my sister who ate it and she dodged my question

i assumed that it was waa pig brother who ate it so i threw a glass on his head-it missed and smashed on the floor

then i beat him up-and then i found out that it was my sister who ate it :roll:

and there u have it a story of hate, love, deceit and physical pain

all over a cake

so who says u cant be in love with a cake?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

in my house tears have been shed, glasses have been broken, hearts have been broken, and people have been physically beaten up over that last piece of chocolote cake

i assumed that it was waa pig brother who ate it so i threw a glass on his head-it missed and smashed on the floor

all over a cake

You're a smart girl!

"Aphrodite" wrote:
Couple or three points:

Hayder - Your brief isn't even qualified yet. Perhaps you need to rethink who you hire

Angel - don't worry hun, his brief ain't even qualified. Fool

David - Perhaps if you were banned for a few days, you'd have more luck getting your paper finished? It can be done, quite easily.

Bonus point: Pirhana and likelihood

lol i've been thinking that... I do have a lot of research done so I will meet my next goal.

Pirhana and likelihood.

Pirhana and likelihood.

Pirhana and likelihood.

Got it!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

all over a cake

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool. Bechare MuslimSisLilSis sis and bro. If they need help, im here for them to get over being related to her! lol

(joke yeh, dont go smashing me over the head with glass.)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

If a man is constantly thinking about someone, if he cant sleep because he keeps thinking about her. If he is depressed cos he will never meet her or marry her. If he thinks about her marrying someone he gets even more depressed and melancholy. If he just sits staring into space and thinks about her, about what she says, about how she seems. Is HE in love?

He doesnt know what she looks like, so when he thinks about her all the time he doesnt have any perverted thoughts just thinks about how clever she is, how witty, how funny she is? If he is always just waiting to see her rite something, and when she writes he wants to just see it again and again is that love?

If the only time he gets a little happy is when he knows that she is close, but at the same time he gets even more sad cos she and he never talk. He gets even more depressed cos she doesnt know he exists? Is it love?

If he is in love then how does he get out of it?

All day if he thinks about someone then how can he forget her?

(hypothetically speaking.)

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

hes fell in love over the internet!!! lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:

kindly read above my hayder.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
If a man is constantly thinking about someone, if he cant sleep because he keeps thinking about her. If he is depressed cos he will never meet her or marry her. If he thinks about her marrying someone he gets even more depressed and melancholy. If he just sits staring into space and thinks about her, about what she says, about how she seems. Is HE in love?

He doesnt know what she looks like, so when he thinks about her all the time he doesnt have any perverted thoughts just thinks about how clever she is, how witty, how funny she is? If he is always just waiting to see her rite something, and when she writes he wants to just see it again and again is that love?

If the only time he gets a little happy is when he knows that she is close, but at the same time he gets even more sad cos she and he never talk. He gets even more depressed cos she doesnt know he exists? Is it love?

If he is in love then how does he get out of it?

All day if he thinks about someone then how can he forget her?

That could be love that could be infatuation but what it definitely is, is one sided. You can't tell if it's love until you are actually with that person... not simply around them but genuinely with them and being engaged and interested in them.

That's when you know whether it is love or infatuation - you could dream about a given girl all day long and when you finally have a couple minutes to chill together all she talks about is the latest trend in gucci.

A sad but educational experience.

If you're laughing and truly enjoying each other's company and it just seems to click there might be something more behind it.

But you will never make that determination off of one sided emotional hijackings.

nah bruv, med.. i dont think it is love.. i think its Shaiytaan playing with his mind..

after all he doesn't wether she really is a girl or not. his desires are clouding his mind.

edit.. unless shes a pen pal.. who a relative has introduced to him.. Smile

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Salaam

Med, I don’t need any protection from my sister…she makes life a lot more fun and exciting-lol

By the way the guy in your hypothetical situations sounds like he’s seriously infatuated.

Infatuation can be described as a sickness as it affects the heart through yearning for the forbidden, it affects the mind by preoccupying the thoughts and affects the body for one often experiences loss of appetite and sleep.

True love for someone is rooted in the knowledge of them. If one does not fully know someone they can not claim to love them...and one cant know anything about a person until they meet them...one cant fall in love with a image that is being portrayed.

Hopefully this feeling should pass.

Wasalaam

That would be a toughy for a muslim (if the person in your hypothetical is a muslim) because I felt that way about Annette before I got to know her and started going out with her, and then I found out we had something a lot more meaningful than idealized infatuation.

A muslim from how I understand it is forbidden even exploring the idea unless they intend to get married on the spot.

So I your hypothetical man is going to have to let this go realizing that it's not going to come to fruition.

The nice part is your hypothetical person will get over it in due time and probably have many more infatuations later in life.

Maybe this hypothetical person is the person on the tech board who was interested in wanting to get married to a forum member. :?

"irfghan" wrote:
Maybe this hypothetical person is the person on the tech board who was interested in wanting to get married to a forum member. :?

What?!

Where are we talkin about? What is the tech board and how did I miss this??

haha found it;

lilsis answer was priceless!

Quote:
before he reveals which sister he's after he should know that

me, angel and my older sister have already been promised to illiterate cousins who live in a faraway village, a village with an unpronouncable name and no electricity-TEN years before we were even born

we will see them for the first time on our wedding day-CANT WAIT!!!

lol obviously i'm rubbing off on her.

It's locked.

I guess there's no wedding. Sad

lol yea I found it eventually - poor guy, that must have been terribly awkward.

"Constantine" wrote:

not really

no one knows anyone here

so how can anyone get embarrsed?

no wonder evryone is more confident here

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

not really

no one knows anyone here

so how can anyone get embarrsed?

no wonder evryone is more confident here

lol true.

Incidentally I am starting to shed the callous exterior in real life. Forum Dave appears to be turning into real life Dave.

Not precisely comfortable with that but it is interesting nontheless

"Constantine" wrote:

lol obviously i'm rubbing off on her.

ur not rubbing of on me

one of my fav past times is to get together with sis and exagerate and make fun outta my culture

No no no that's not true.

I am clever and witty and charming. Naturally any such display on your part must be a direct result of my luminous presence, shining like a beacon in the darkness.

I'm so cool.

Dirol

"Constantine" wrote:
A muslim from how I understand it is forbidden even exploring the idea unless they intend to get married on the spot.

thats WRONG understanding

if a guy likes a girl he CAN meet up with her (not alone tho)

if he likes her he can get married to her and if he dont he can tell her to get lost

he dont HAVE to get married on the spot

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
PUH-LEASE :roll:

Oh my pleasure.

"Constantine" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Our various associates are cooperating with me... naturally.

AND I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN 2 DAYS!!!

You cannot hold a spelling error against me!

sorry for sum1 who loves using long words you would think it would be easy for him to spell a name...why havent u slept for 2 days???

Senior Paper.

It's this mindnumbingly awful idea they came up with to torture us back in the 50s. We have to do all this research and then write an 80-100 page paper on a topic. Mine is about sovereignty in the Constitution and whether it belongs to the people or the states.

It's long.

It's boring.

It's eating my life like a hungry pyrhanna.

i probably misspelled that

i dont care

I would love to try to help Big D but my input would sort of go like this:

*Take one medium size egg.
*Make a small hole in the top.
*Place mouth over other the hole and ingest contents via suction.
*Feel free to strain yolk from white with your teeth at your discretion.

100 pages...just remember the journey of 100 miles must begin a single step. Also praying is good.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Pages