419 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

whoa, irfgan is married with 2 kids? ur kidding right? Blum 3

no joke

a 3 year old boy and 15 month girl, if i remember correctly

wow, mashaAllah good for him. Biggrin he's kept it mighty quiet tho... :?:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

hes a humble man lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

any1 here planning to have a kid each year with a person they love?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

each year??

whats the rush lad?! :shock:

think about the practical issues, were not on farms anymore! lol

joke, kids are a blessing alhamdulillah

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Constantine" wrote:

21 is far too early, and there are other matters to sort out first.

your only 21? I thought u were older.

Btw can i ask y u dont have friends from ur own people at such a young age, if you dont mind me asking that is. I dont mean to offend but i just find it a lil strange that a 21yr old white man wants to hang around with a bunch pakis who live the other side of the pond.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

whats wrong with hangin with pakis? :o

its totally cool Dirol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

21 is far too early, and there are other matters to sort out first.

your only 21? I thought u were older.

Btw can i ask y u dont have friends from ur own people at such a young age, if you dont mind me asking that is. I dont mean to offend but i just find it a lil strange that a 21yr old white man wants to hang around with a bunch pakis who live the other side of the pond.

lol actually I have a lot of friends.

Not quite sure why I am always here though, it's an addictive place and Islam interests me.

That and I no longer like my friends all that much.

Sort of turned into a private person over the last couple years...

I still chill with my old polo team, but they all are in different schools and I can only really handle them in small doses.

I'm probably not going to leave here until I have all my questions answered satisfactorily.

Either that or I will be so busy with this carefully planned life my parents have spent so much time preparing for me that I won't have time.

Whichever.

k. I hope my question didnt offend you cos that wasnt my intention.

Also you might keep coming here, ALLAH might open your heart to Islam then we would be sending you over boxes of samosa and pakora specially for u.

Now if that's not an incentive to become a muslim then i dont knw what is!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
k. I hope my question didnt offend you cos that wasnt my intention.

Also you might keep coming here, ALLAH might open your heart to Islam then we would be sending you over boxes of samosa and pakora specially for u.

Now if that's not an incentive to become a muslim then i dont knw what is!

lol none taken - asked it a lot actually.

I have questions about Islam but not doubts about Christianity.

Well that's not entirely true... I have doubts with respect to when I should practice Christianity.

Hard to describe - I know what is right, I know why it's important to pursue what is right, However it does not seem practical to me and so I willingly choose not to obey certain commands.

I am sure I will answer for this.

I think it's because I was taught two seperate moral codes at the same time, two codes that cannot be balanced.

The Elitist realpolitik machiavellian practices my parents have always stressed, and the humble peaceful pacifism that Christianity stresses.

Strange isn't it?

There is no way to reconcile the two things.

"Constantine" wrote:

Not quite sure why I am always here though, it's an addictive place and Islam interests me.

Hey thts my territory! gerrof!

:evil:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Hey thts my territory! gerrof!

:evil:

Admin... there's a difference between being a private person and a human repelling hermit. Chill.. he's not about to steal your darkness
Blum 3

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Here comes the science bit!

I love the bit: "Events occurring in the brain when we are in love have similarities with mental illness"

Ain't that the truth?! Lol Lol

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

Quote:
Does love make you sad?
Rather than making you happy, love could actually make you depressed

an understatement i tell ya

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Quote:
Does love make you sad?

Who said that?

True, loving someone can sometimes put you on an emotional rollercoaster; but being IN LOVE makes you crazy - well, come on... if it can make you feel ininsible, make you feel more able, stronger, like a superhero for a while - telling me that's not nuts?

"Med" wrote:

Basically, I want to know how do you know if your in love? What are the signs and symptoms of this disease. And pls I am referring to boy-girl love so keep to this type of love, im NOT chatting about brotherly, filial, paternal love etc.

(Dont go get any ideas, im only asking)

aarrggg... hasnt this topic been done and done over till we've all killed it a horrible and miserable death...

Here we go again:

Love is an emotion, and as Admin pointed out its also a four letter word. Now whats important is not that its a word but that its an emotion. Its something that you feel and hopefully it only happens once in your life... but as it happens it sometimes happens a number of time... which i wont go into here.

symptoms: he cant stop thinking about her, he cant stop smiling, he starts doodling her name on everything in sight, daydreams, the world seems brighter & warmer, to you even the way the wind blows will be different, finds everything about her to be perfect and its not usually the obvious things e.g. if she wore glasses he'd find them cute the way they sit on her nose etc. he'll do his best to make her laugh and will laugh at every stupid joke she tells. And a sudden affection for the colour red.

(Dont go get any ideas, im only answering your question)

Back in BLACK

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

whoa, irfgan is married with 2 kids? ur kidding right? Blum 3

no joke

a 3 year old boy and 15 month girl, if i remember correctly

wow, mashaAllah good for him. Biggrin he's kept it mighty quiet tho... :?:

exactly, i cant believe irf is a daddy awwww, hayder u better not be lying...you got a cute lil gal a.

"Aphrodite" wrote:

Who said that?

it was on the website you linked....i did a lil reading on it lol

Seraph how long hav you been engaged? are we gettin a weddin invite? Wink

i dnt think you can truly define love unless youve been there, and i guess it differs from person to person sometimes.

im stayin tight-lipped on this 1 Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:

From Muhtarama's previous posts I had put you down as a shareef lady, then you put that post and I thought you were writing about your own experience. I was getting confused

me and SHAREEF.....no i wouldnt say that, WALAHI i WISH.....

u tell em!

Cavemen gone soft Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Omrow" wrote:

"Med" wrote:
I want to know how do you know if your in love?

When you think about her a lot, then know that you are in deep deep... trouble.

That could be infatuation..

In fact how does anyone know that they aren't in love but are just infatuated?

infatuated being what exactly...?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
infatuated being what exactly...?

Them silly school crushes...the ones teenagers fall in and out of every week.

Infatuation is like the wind, in that it comes, stirs up emotion, and then dies down...

Its a very superficial emotion. People often mistake it for love.

Med there isn't really an answer to your question... you're going to get about a thousand different answers with some overlapping i'm sure.

The fact of the matter is you'll figure it out eventually.

Love is like - a cheese salad sandwich

finished with 20 seconds?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Surprises you with how warm and comforting and fulfilling it is... even after you've had it for years. When nothing else will fill that void - have a cheese salad sandwich.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Quote:
Does love make you sad?

so its not necessary that you be happy if your in love?

Im getting a lot of answers here but am still none the wiser, some say it makes you feel like a superhero others saying you can be depressed.

I get if boy and girl both in love and know that they inlove with each other then they be all happy, but what if the love is onesided? If someone loves another, and the other doesnt know will the person still be feeling superhero-ey?

some1 mentioned thinking about the object of affection, but do you think someone can think about someone who they have never met and never seen a pic of? Isnt that a medical condition rather than love? What about if a person thinks about som1 all the time and only feels a heavy pain in his heart cos he has never met the other, and doesnt think he will ever meet her?

Is that love or is it a complex? cos i dont think u can love someone witohut meeting them or chatting to them in detail or in private.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salaam

When you’re in love with someone you go out of your way to make them happy….nothing is too much trouble for you.

You’re happy when they’re happy and what upsets them upsets you too..

I don’t know if meeting is a necessary prerequisite for love…it should be because if you love someone you gotta KNOW them….you can not fall in love with someone that you do not know…ignorance does not lead to true love.

You can be "infatuated" with someone without knowing them-but not "in love".

I don’t believe in all that “the world becomes a more beautiful place” stuff….

But it’s true that love has often been described as a sickness that impairs the mental state, clouds ones vision and sense of reason…

And No, I’m not in love. I just love reading books by the Sufi’s…they knew what “being in love” was all about.

Wasalaam

good post but im referring to boy-girl type of love, not the noble love of tasawwuf.

so u think that a if som1 has never met the object of his attention then he cant be in love but would be infatuated?

See, I thought infatuation was about looks and I thought that if you never seen someone then u cant be infatuated by them.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages