NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

musslima wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Jacob does mean Ya'qub. But Jacob isn't an English name, it is a Hebrew name. In French the translation is Jacques and in Irish it is Seamus. In English it is James. It Portuguese it is Tiago.

It is a world-wide name. Like John: In Arabic it is Yahya, in Russian it is Ivan, in German it is Johann, in Spanish it is Juan, in French it is Jean.

Adam is a universal name, but it doesn't vary in the way it is spelt.

adam in my country is spelt adan but that coz in my country they change every name that ends with M to N

Is that Spain?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Somalia me thinks.

Halima = Halimo
Kulthoom - Kulthoon

Noor wrote:
Somalia me thinks.

Halima = Halimo
Kulthoom - Kulthoon

true its somalian

mariam = marian
ibrahim = ibrahin

why did you think its spanish yaqub

"to allah we belong and to him we return"

musslima wrote:

I think in Spanish M becomes N in certain contexts.

O well.

well all the spanish words i heard of all end with o and a so i kind of got confused

"to allah we belong and to him we return"

Ya'qub wrote:
musslima wrote:

I think in Spanish M becomes N in certain contexts.

O well.

Does it? Yaqub in Spanish would be Jaqub (pronounced: Khaqub) or you could just stick with Yaqub.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

love to live but living to die wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Jacob does mean Ya'qub. But Jacob isn't an English name, it is a Hebrew name. In French the translation is Jacques and in Irish it is Seamus. In English it is James. It Portuguese it is Tiago.

It is a world-wide name. Like John: In Arabic it is Yahya, in Russian it is Ivan, in German it is Johann, in Spanish it is Juan, in French it is Jean.

Adam is a universal name, but it doesn't vary in the way it is spelt.

wow!

so Seamus Heaney is actually Ya'qub something...
and Jean Paul gaulitier can also be known as Yahya something something....

btw just thot i'll share thsi wiv u all>> Yves Saint Laurent passed away! Sad He was a GOOD/ Wikid designer and stylist!

So is he called Hawwa Saint Lauren?

if Hawwa is the name in another lang then yep he is!

:roll:

if Hawwa is the name in another lang then yep he is!

You know I've never met or heard of a man called Eve. I'm think Hawa is Eve.

from last monday to today, i been from manchester to london, london back to manchester, manchester to inverness.......didnt realise how far inverness is till i got back midday today! clocked 1200 miles minimum in a week...from the south of UK to the very top.......totally shattered.

I learnt one thing, scots arent as friendly as many people think. some are quite rude, some jus so arrogant, a few racist. and they all drink a hell of a lot

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

did u get the job?

Sirus wrote:
from last monday to today, i been from manchester to london, london back to manchester, manchester to inverness.......didnt realise how far inverness is till i got back midday today! clocked 1200 miles minimum in a week...from the south of UK to the very top.......totally shattered.

I learnt one thing, scots arent as friendly as many people think. some are quite rude, some jus so arrogant, a few racist. and they all drink a hell of a lot

Och Aye!

Nope!

Takes the michael as they dont provide feedback and wont tell you why...So i can only guess why. I did pass several stages of the process, aced the exam i had to do, took about 6 months since i applied as well....so close, but oh well. Allah SWT knows best and He (SWT) didnt make it happen so im happy with His choice! There would have been certain difficulties had i got the job.

No Problemo, now just got to concentrate back on my law studes...back to uni in september it is Biggrin

Naz, you still doin LPC part time at uni next year?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Sirus wrote:
Nope!

Takes the michael as they dont provide feedback and wont tell you why...So i can only guess why. I did pass several stages of the process, aced the exam i had to do, took about 6 months since i applied as well....so close, but oh well. Allah SWT knows best and He (SWT) didnt make it happen so im happy with His choice! There would have been certain difficulties had i got the job.

No Problemo, now just got to concentrate back on my law studes...back to uni in september it is Biggrin

Naz, you still doin LPC part time at uni next year?

If that were me i wud be well peeved off. Cant believe they dont give feedback. How is someone suppose to know where they went wrong. I say ring em up and demand they give you feedback lol.

Its hard to crack Manchester, i thought London would have been easier coz they got more firms down there.

Yep still doin LPC part time this sept (i think thats what you mean when you say nxt sept lol) cant wait the working life sucks!

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

I hate the word terrorist
I hate how it is used
I hate the war began by it
I hate the hate that ensues
I hate the politicians, who squander human lives
I hate the people
I hate the people who allow
I hate the people who ignore the truth
I hate myself who stands helpless, frustrated, and confused
I hate… hate
I hate the truth of today
I hate the horror of yesterday
I hate that I cannot forget
I hate the media who conform the masses
I hate the fear that leaves a repugnant odor
I hate those that use this fear to kill
All this hate I bear eats at me
This hate eats you
Hate will consume us, until all of humanity is lost
While I spin so does the world
While we die so does the world
While the world is at war
There will be no winner
There will be no victory
There will be no peace
Wake up……
WAKE up…….
WAKE UP………
So we can end this hate

meaningful... had to post..

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

I was out driving and this lil girl... must have been barely 5 just ran across the road. Longest second of my life. Slammed the brakes... khudda ka shukar hai I didnt hit her and she was okay.

I hate parents who let their lil kids run around on the street, and then have the balls to bitch about when their kid gets hit by a car.

Back in BLACK

I just found out a couple of days ago! That I PASSED my EXAMS!!! Woooohhhoooooo!!! PARTY!!!!! lol Dirol

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

xSmurfy786x wrote:
I hate the word terrorist
I hate how it is used
I hate the war began by it
I hate the hate that ensues
I hate the politicians, who squander human lives
I hate the people
I hate the people who allow
I hate the people who ignore the truth
I hate myself who stands helpless, frustrated, and confused
I hate… hate
I hate the truth of today
I hate the horror of yesterday
I hate that I cannot forget
I hate the media who conform the masses
I hate the fear that leaves a repugnant odor
I hate those that use this fear to kill
All this hate I bear eats at me
This hate eats you
Hate will consume us, until all of humanity is lost
While I spin so does the world
While we die so does the world
While the world is at war
There will be no winner
There will be no victory
There will be no peace
Wake up……
WAKE up…….
WAKE UP………
So we can end this hate

meaningful... had to post..

Is this the day when humanity loses hope?
And hangs itself with the Deadly rope
Peace ain't easy, nor caring for humanity
But easy is greed and despairing apathy
One day this could all be through
If we stay patient, brave and true
This day could be many years away
But it's better than letting evil prevail

Made up on the spot.

Mez wrote:
I just found out a couple of days ago! That I PASSED my EXAMS!!! Woooohhhoooooo!!! PARTY!!!!! lol Dirol

Which exams were these?

My second year of university!

Your damn right!

Biggrin THEY PEOPLE WHO MADE THE CARDS FOR ME AND MY FAMILY MESSED UP ME AND MY SISTRS CARDS UP. THE PUT MY PCTURE WITH MY SISTERS NAME AND MYSISTERS PICTURE WITH MY NAME Biggrin

*dirol*''Biggy'*dirol*

Mez wrote:
My second year of university!

All right! Just asking, no need to shout. I'm sorry I didn't know, please forgive me. Don't unleash your cat wrath on me I'm just a poor soul! Blum 3 Lol

You are forgiven!

Your damn right!

Reminds me of something
(Courage bursts in through the door)

Mez: What the! You.....
Courage: (wiping his bruised and battered face) I forgive you.
Mez: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jumps out of the window)

To be continued........

Naz wrote:

If that were me i wud be well peeved off. Cant believe they dont give feedback. How is someone suppose to know where they went wrong. I say ring em up and demand they give you feedback lol.

Its hard to crack Manchester, i thought London would have been easier coz they got more firms down there.

Yep still doin LPC part time this sept (i think thats what you mean when you say nxt sept lol) cant wait the working life sucks!

It wasnt exactly law-related, but you are right, vacancies are more down south. Im tryna find some legal experience now, and there are very few vacancies up here compared to down there. I think ive done enough security work for now! Working doesnt suck, my job is alryt and easy. Watch shows and the audience, get paid. Come home, no deadline and exam worries. But i guess i need to get back to studying, carry on with the plan inshallah. Yup i meant this september coming. You doing any legal work?

Some places...ahem...dont provide feedback. I was aware of that before i applied anyway. What i dont get is what point i may have not passed on. I was told i would know how the interview went in 2-3 weeks....it was 2-3 days when the letter came home. Some things are for the better anyway. One good thing is tho, my Urdu defo improved coz of it. I know all my urdu numbers now!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol! this is not a drama episode! where it ends in a cliffhanger and says 'tune in next time to see what happen next' :roll:

Your damn right!

What? I'm sorry, sire. I didn't realise that I wasn't allowed to joke. I'm very sorry, your Messiness.

:badgrin:

Your damn right!

Mez, you're such a joker!

Arn't we all :badgrin:

Your damn right!

Pages

Topic locked