Ramadan 2005

270 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey I love food, but so far it is easy. Apart from the waking up bit...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

youve got it all stored in you somewhere :evil:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

suprisingly im finding them really easy!!!! Biggrin Biggrin

dey gona be alot longer wen we'r gona haf 2 fast in july tym!!!

salaam all.

to those of u who said ur gonna avoid the forum during ramadhan: y? i mean i get that ud probably wanna spend ur time doing ibadah and all, but i'm sure spreading some of your knowledge here, for the sake of Allah, would be ibadah in itself. (esp. posters like MuslimSis and Yashmaki.) Smile

anyways, i was thinking about how my non-muslims friends are always asking me 'whats so different in Ramadaan' and u cant always answer the question until Ramadaan comes. Also its good on a personal level to acknowledge the good (and bad) things ur doing this month, because since Shaitaan is locked up, all bad is from ourselves. so inshaAllah we know wot to improve after Ramadan's over too. basically i thought i'd post the differences i notice in this blessed month, on this thread...

first thing i noticed: its SO much easier to concentrate in Salaah!! usually i'm thinking about everything else under the sun, astaghfirullah, but now alhamdulillah its much easier to get through the Salaah with concentration. also its much easier to get up, on time, for Fajr Salaah. Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
also its much easier to get up, on time, for Fajr Salaah. Smile

lol-u have to for sehri anyway

but ur right tho

I don't fight in ramadan with bro/sis

my sister is more genrous with her stuff

i help mum out more without complaining

and its all to do with blessings of ramadan

so tru sis namaaz iz definitely more concentrated and meaningful in Ramadan....da devil aint der 2 mess wiv ya mind datz y!!

plus i read the Quran in Ramadan whereas usually i neva seem 2 find da time...but Insha'Allah im gona continue reading it daily after Ramadan.

Salaam

In order to become close to Allah (swt) we need to take on some of His attributes.

Allah (swt) is Merciful and Kind so believers should also be merciful and kind. Allah (swt) is Forgiving and Patient…and in order to get closer to Allah (swt) we too should try to incorporate His attributes into our characters.

Fasting is a deed in which the one who is fasting, can take on one of the attributes of Allah (swt).

Allah (swt) does not eat or drink, He is above this. However, He feeds His creation by providing sustenance for them.

Similarly, when one fasts he/she gives up food and drink, and if the one who is fasting spends his/her day feeding those who are not fasting (i.e. small kids, the sick, elderly and those who are travelling)….that individual takes on one of the attributes of Allah (swt)…

Fasting is one way in which we can get closer to Allah (swt) and be blessed with His raza (pleasure).

Wasalaam

i'm not so sure i agree with that^ MuslimSis...

isnt it better to take Muhammad (s.a.w) as an example as to how we should be character-wise?

i dont want this to get into one of those big pointless discussions, but basically referring to the Asmaa' ul Husna in relation to humans can get controversial. Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salaam

I know what you mean…there are many attributes that are exclusive to Allah (swt)…..However, some are for the believers as well.

The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is described in the Holy Qur’an as being “Merciful and Kind” to the believers and Allah (swt) is also “Merciful and Kind”.

The Creator and His creation do have some of the same attributes e.g seeing, hearing etc.

However whilst Allah (swt) attributes are unlimited the creations attributes are limited.

Allah (swt) beautiful names are characteristics that we should all aspire to incorporate into our characters.

Wasalaam

"Admin" wrote:
Hey I love food, but so far it is easy. Apart from the waking up bit...

giving up food aint that bad

Sehri is very hard for me and lack of energy in the evening-

empty stomach is what prevents 1 from sinning

"NaJ/19" wrote:
empty stomach is what prevents 1 from sinning

absolutely true ESPECIALLY for the youth.

Alhamdulillah with an empty stomach everyone know the fires of youth are dampened, may ALLAH make this blessed for us. Ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

But it makes everyone cranky as hell.

Its the time you see most fights happen...

There was almost one at work on first ramadan.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Less is More

believe me on that one

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:
But it makes everyone cranky as hell.

Its the time you see most fights happen...

There was almost one at work on first ramadan.

imo...i see to it less arguments less fights more patience...because when your stomachs empty the rest of your bodys full so u dont have that ENERGY to cause trouble, where as with a full stomach u tend to be more grumpy

I notice alot more fights during ramadan, and alot more anger.

People fly off the wall at the slightest thing.

It could be smokers though... they may be craving a smoke, and lose it immediately as all their effrt is going into losing their craving... but it is something I have noticed of alot of people, so I doubt its just smokers.

Ramadan should help up become patience. That could be that we lose our rag more often, but because we are fasting we try harder to control ourselves, by default raising our tolerance level...

yea true...

i've also noticed another thing about ramadhan...normally i tend to hear music blaring 24/7 in cars, but now its nasheeds....and they sound so GREAT... but u do get a few dodgy looks by onlookers, about time the music died down

huh? more arguments in Ramadan? thats wierd admin... i was gonna add to my list that i dont get annoyed as easily in Ramadan... Smile

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
In order to become close to Allah (swt) we need to take on some of His attributes.

Allah (swt) is Merciful and Kind so believers should also be merciful and kind. Allah (swt) is Forgiving and Patient…and in order to get closer to Allah (swt) we too should try to incorporate His attributes into our characters.

Wow. That's some REAL thinking going on her head.

Brilliant thought for Ramadan.

If would have been perfect if...

If only she went all the way and included cursing.

Perhaps she is too kind hearted.

[sentence deleted by Admin]

Omrow

[b]EDIT BY ADMIN[/b]

Omrow, show some respect, and do not insult others!

After all it is ramadan, when we are supposed toi be trying to make ourselves better people.

Salaam

Omrow, a Muslim should not be foul mouthed. I can easily get my point across, without needing to resort to cheap/common language.

By the way it’s true that some people get more angry and irritable in Ramadan-smokers in particular.

Their cravings make them short tempered, irritable and they flip easily too. They inconvenience everyone around them.

And some people just need food to be happy….their empty stomach also makes them short tempered.

Wasalaam

smokers shouldnt fast IMO

they cant hack ramadan

nor should them people who are addicted to food-and get angry when hungry

god does not even accept worship of them people who inconvenience others

[b]EDIT BY ADMIN[/b]

Sis, Fasting is Fardh for all muslims of the right age, and sane mind and body.

You cannot ask for them not to fast.

lol, and they say [b]I[/b] give fatawa.
?!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
a Muslim should not be foul mouthed...

Ofcourse he shouldn't.

But would you say that Prophet was foul mouthed when he
called Hakeem, an Arab leader of his day, " Father of the Stupid " ?

Omrow

i dont think he swore at all

to say the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) swore is dangerous....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

Furbal. The question was not to you.

However, if you wish to answer it then answer it. Dont ask another question.

Omrow

reference please.

Then we can discuss it. (better not to...)

I do not see that as a foul mouth though...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
smokers shouldnt fast IMO

they cant hack ramadan

nor should them people who are addicted to food-and get angry when hungry

god does not even accept worship of them people who inconvenience others

[b]EDIT BY ADMIN[/b]

Sis, Fasting is Fardh for all muslims of the right age, and sane mind and body.

You cannot ask for them not to fast.

calm down Mr-EDIT-WHEN- ITS-NOT-NEEDED :evil: :roll:

i said they shouldnt fast IMO

i would NEVER tell them NOT to fast

but I'm entitled to my opinion

unlike SOME people-I dont get my kicks outta passing fatwa's

The Prophet (pbuh) said that the one who dont give up bad actions when he/she is fasting- God does not care if he/she gives up food and drink

and EVRYONE knows that the people who inconvenience others with their religious actions-such worship aint accepted anyway

all I said that their fast is pointless-they might as well not fast IN MY OPINION

yeah but........... i'd say about half or less than half of fasters are like that

you cant tell em not to fast tho

only Allah swt knows whether their fasts are of any value, even if it seems clear to us that it isnt

and i agree....Mr Loner, editing now to make up when you should have edited all Judda's posts?!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

and i agree....Mr Loner, editing now to make up when you should have edited all Judda's posts?!

my point exactly

he can edit however much he wants

but its double standards when he lets Judda budda's posts remain

and its ME who gets into trouble and gets lectures from people for coming here when such members are present :evil:

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

you cant tell em not to fast tho

?!

Did I say that

put ur glasses on and read my post properly

i'm expressing my opinion

NOT telling others not to fast

You cannot express such an opinion.

Your opinion is that they should not fast.

That is unacceptable.

Pages