Ramadan 2005

270 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Medievalist" wrote:
women think a man aint all that bad, trust me men are animals save those who control their carnal desires so yes i agree i am evil so thats .

thats news to me

i never knew men were THAT bad-

man was created weak

but i didnt know he was THAT weak

or are u generalising based on ur self?

no, men are evil.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
no, men are evil.

could three other guys please confirm ^^^^^

so that my opinion becomes cemented.

no1s trying to cement your opinion. I am just stating a fact and whether any1 accepts it or not , doesnt change the truth.

scientific studies also prove that men think abt relations like every few seconds or few minutes or something. basically men are evil.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Medievalist" wrote:
no, men are evil.

could three other guys please confirm ^^^^^

so that my opinion becomes cemented.

Pretty much.

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
me bieng me, always thinking about the good of the revival Wink ...came up with an idea:

Revival Iftari!!

What a great idea, ummm err how the hell am i gona come down south? Who's gona pay for my ticket? no offers :shock: Sad oh well i'll just be there spirtually then Wink

angel....we'll have it in glasgow! ...or Edinburgh....or Fife...or Dundee...or Aberdeen...wherever you are! Biggrin

by the way, Men are Evil, no less than Women tho. i recks they equally the same. save my mum and sis, the rest of females in my extended family aint in2 deen and need guidance....the men aint so bad.

Aint there gonna be more women in Hell? coz of the backbiting etc

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Noone is evil. Acts can be evil though.

evil is a term used to make situations black and white.

All people have the capacity given to them to do both good and bad.

The 'evil' people are generally selfish, or angry.

Like that bomber.

He stated he was angry and wanted revenge. he committed an evil act.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I wouldnt go as far as saying men are evil.

As Admin said everyone (guys&girls) has the potential to be bad.

Out of all the rambling that LilSis does; she is right that we (men) are weak.

No matter how physically stronger than women we may be; we need them alot more than they need us. Thats just my opinon.

Back in BLACK

yeah ryt!!

women are equally weak as men.

in fact, it doesnt depend on your gender, just you

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
angel....we'll have it in glasgow! ...or Edinburgh....or Fife...or Dundee...or Aberdeen...wherever you are! Biggrin

lol you got it right the 1st time....men are evil!!! i said so end of.

"Seraph" wrote:
I wouldnt go as far as saying men are evil.

As Admin said everyone (guys&girls) has the potential to be bad.

Out of all the rambling that LilSis does; she is right that we (men) are weak.

No matter how physically stronger than women we may be; we need them alot more than they need us. Thats just my opinon.

Your future missus already has you in the bag?

:twisted:

speak for yourself Seraph.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i agree with Admin

Seraph Bro....your brainwashed by women, the worst possible thing that could happen to man

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Im not saying only men are weak.

no no no, men & women are both weak but in different ways.

where we are weak they are strong and vice versa.

And its got little to do with the misses.

im just not ignorant enough to say that men are without weakness. Not even the most educated of us can make such a boast.

Back in BLACK

Here's a Rumi that I know Med will like.

[b]RAMADAN[/b]
[i]
O moonfaced Beloved,
the month of Ramadan has arrived.
Cover the table
and open the path of praise.

O fickle busy body.
its time to change your ways.
Can YOU see the one who’s selling the halvah:
how long will it be the halvah you desire

Just a glimpse of the halvah-maker
has made you so sweet even honey says,
“I’ll put myself beneath your feet, like soil
I’ll worship at your shrine.’

Your chick frets within the egg
with all your eating and choking.
Break out of your shell that your wings may grow.
Let yourself fly.

The lips of the Master are parched
from calling the Beloved.
The sound of your call resounds
through the horn of your empty belly.

Let nothing be inside of you.
Be empty: give your lips to the lips of the reed.
When like a reed you fill with His breath,
then you’ll taste sweetness.

Sweetness is hidden in the Breath
that fills the reed.
Be like Mary—by that sweet breath
a child grew within her.[/i]

Just a bit of a tangent but Sayyidatuna Maryam alayhas salaam was approximately 10 when she was gave birth to Nabi Isa alayhis salaam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Just a bit of a tangent but Sayyidatuna Maryam alayhas salaam was approximately 10 when she was gave birth to Nabi Isa alayhis salaam.

proof?

sorry cant provide any. I heard it in a speech.

However I believe certain christian scholars have also stated that Sayyidatuna alayhas salaam gave birth to Nabi Isa alayhis salaam BEFORE the age of 13.

Further than this I have no proof except the statement that I heard it in a bayaan.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

can anyone provide some sort of clarification to this?

it seems very hard to believe :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Med" wrote:
sorry cant provide any. I heard it in a speech.

However I believe certain christian scholars have also stated that Sayyidatuna alayhas salaam gave birth to Nabi Isa alayhis salaam BEFORE the age of 13.

Further than this I have no proof except the statement that I heard it in a bayaan.

loads of 'bayaans' contain lies. Or atleast innacuracies. Some of the tales are just spun for the emotional atachment.

I am putting that simply, and it will hurt.

yeh I totally agree that a lot of bayaans contain lies.

But I am pretty confident in the person from whom I heard this.

Plus I notcie that some ppl make so many fabrications and embellishments in their bayaan that it leaves you wondering, were you there to gain some knowledge or listen to mythology and story-telling!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

an early [b]ramadhan mubarak [/b]to all...i think the first fast is on tuesday

"NaJ/19" wrote:
an early [b]ramadhan mubarak [/b]to all...i think the first fast is on tuesday

This happens every year.

I've been told Wed/Thrus but most likely Wed. :x

Oh well, we'll just have to follow the mosque to which we attend... that or until a better method comes up.

Back in BLACK

on my calendar it sez tuesday but aint sure..well when we find out from

saudi it'll be right

i was at Jummah in Victoria Park mosque, and even tho the calanders have been printed off, they havent declared the date yet

they admitted last year they made a cock-up so this time they will announce on monday or tuesday night.

but i think theyre expecting 1st roza on tuesday or wednesday, i think more likely wednesday.

no doubt someone will start tomorrow, and someone else on friday Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"NaJ/19" wrote:
on my calendar it sez tuesday but aint sure..well when we find out from

saudi it'll be right

saudi have made a calendar years ago, which they supposedly follow.

We need to follow the UK if the moon can be seen, or if not the nearest muslim country if it cannot. That country is Morocco, not Saudi.

yea morocco indeed...but saudi morocco have alwayz confirmed it the same time, well the mosque has said tuesday most likely, not yet been fully confirmed

Salaam

It is mentioned in a Hadith Qudsi that Allah (swt) multiplies the rewards of His pious servants by ten times up to 700 times except for the reward of fasting. In other words, there is no limit for the reward of fasting.

As regards to fasting, Allah (swt) states; ‘It is for Me alone and I will give the reward’.

Allah (swt) has made fasting, distinct from all other deeds because it is more difficult to fast then to perform the prayer and we are told that pain, hardship and inconvenience suffered for the sake of Allah (swt) will bring us immeasurable rewards and a multitude of spiritual benefits.
Another recognized benefit of fasting is that it results in the softness and purity of the heart, by which it is then ready to obtain the delight of intimate discourse with Allah (swt) and be affected by His remembrance.
When the stomach is empty one feels closer to Allah (swt) and is less inclined to do those things that will bring about His wrath.

However, without effort and sincere trust, Ramadan can easily be just another 30 days in a year. One cannot help but notice a tragedy in this; Allah (swt) generously opens portals in time, truly special opportunities for us to grow, learn, better ourselves, build something for the hereafter and gain proximity to Allah (swt), yet some people turn away from it and unfortunately derive nothing out of their fasts other then hunger.

Wasalaam

Pages