Ramadan 2005

270 posts / 0 new
Last post

Can you not do Iftaar with your parents or his parents every now and then? Ramadan should be spent together!!

p.s. dont worry, i'll have my ps3 b4 any1 else Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"yashmaki" wrote:

My husband has said he will assist and the weekends will be kept aside to invite family and friends over for iftar. Insha'Allah I'll get through it. Man Eid is gona be lonely too Sad

do u live far away from ur family?

wud u not be able to link up for Eid?

thats weird...I didnt think stuff changes after u get married

my mum mum (my gran) lives in B'ham

mum always goes there at least 10 times a year (every time we're off from school)

and stays for days

I suppose some daughters are treated in a more spoilt/babyfied manner

I can see myself spending a LOT of time at home-even after i get married

if anyone makes me feel like a guest I'll sort them out

me bieng me, always thinking about the good of the revival Wink ...came up with an idea:

Revival Iftari!!

a get together for Iftari on any day of ramadhan, and all forum members are invited including the revival team.

We can have Ed and Admin doing a BBQ...im sure some of you hear cook a mean chicken and some keema!

if Admin persists on Judda bieng allowed to attend i must stress that it should be no-alcohol zone and he stays 100 yeard away from the ladies at all time!

anyone else agree with my motion? Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

nice idea but i dnt think the ppl at the revival would do segregation so count me out

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

wat u mean?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i mean i wouldnt expect the revival people to maintain the veiling of the women, rather they would encourage them to come out and ''talk'' with the brothers face to face and other evils.

in this light i wouldnt go but generally i dont go to iftar parties even at school and dont intend to attend ones at uni because from what i have seen they are not good places for ME.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

we'll make arrangements for segregation.

cmon yaraa.....wouldnt you like to share an iftaar with me? Sad

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

if it was just one or two people then i dont tend to have a problem but when it becomes a group thing i kinda get in a mood cos when ppl get in groups they begin acting in very silly and undignified ways. The only time i have iftari with large number of ppl is when i have to go to relatvies invitation or in the masjid, othre than that i prefer little company.

I dunno I think im a bit of a loner cos crowds I hate and I notcie that when there are groups of people the akhirah is forgotten EXTREMELY easily. But if u want to come down to sheffield sometime in ramadan i will give u a dawat fitting from an MP, u will see what it means to have original curry not cheap punjabi imitation but the authentic stuff from the foothills of my kashmir.

Ahlan wa sahlan bro u are welcome !

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

i will give u a dawat fitting from an MP

...an MP?! my honourable Lord, i would request that you serve a meal fit for a Knight!!

"Medievalist" wrote:

Ahlan wa sahlan bro u are welcome !

Jazakullah, never around sheffield but u never knw Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

...an MP?! my honourable Lord, i would request that you serve a meal fit for a Knight!!

My good sir I shall lay before you such delicacies, such exquisite and mouth-waterring dishes prepared by the most skilled hands of my land that you will wonder at the marvel placed before you.

It shall be a feast of cooked meat, curried vegetables, crispy pastries and freshly baked breads fit for as honourable a sir as yourself. Pray be so kind as to bring your own black bag cos the locla indian dont give bags for the empty cartons!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

LOL....

any reply i can think of would do no justice whatsoever to such graceful comments by thyself.

and for that reason alone my Lord, i am deeply honoured

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

bro i think there is something wrong with me?

Have u ever met a hafiz who chats like i do? one minute all firebrand and rhetoric, netx joking like my boys from rock rd, and third acting like a poncy white-upper class geek interested in medieval history?

However I will say one thing abt medieval history. You know Queen Mary I? the one they call ''bloody mary''? Well i really really really feel sorry for her.

I love reading about tudor history and you wont believe how much injustice history has done to Mary1. She has been made out to be some religious fanatic who burnt loads of people on the slightest pretext but that is a blatant lie on her. She in her 5 years as queen killed less people than her gluttonous father henryviii killed in one year of his reign.

You know there is a richard iii society which acts to support richard because a lot of lies were made about him aswell , well im thinking of setting up a mary i society. Whose with me?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

as much as British Medieval history is interesting...........theyre all dead!!

why bother setting up a society for some1 ho doesnt exist, and any accomplishments you make....are all of no value!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Revival Iftari" seems like a nice idea.

Brother Medievalist you have such a negative opinion about us.... :?

true....i think AS had somewhat of a say in his decioson to not attend :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

i dont mean to be condescending but i really hate mixed gatherings and gatherings of large people, anything more than 5 people gets me annoyed except when its a jalsa in which case the more the better.

hayder bro i get u abt them being dead but still interested. Y'know Mary1 was declared princess of wales, heir to the english throne, and was betrothed to the holy roman emperor charles (eventually she married his son) and the very next week anne boleyn finally got her way and mary1 was declared illegitimate.

you wont believe how cruel that henry8th was to her. She had to renounce her catholic faith and only after years and after getting a papal dispecnsation did she say she was the kings bastard and that her mothers marriage to henry8th was null and void. She even had to attend to her baby sister elizaebeth and was one of her ladies in waiting, and the truth was that elizabeth was conceived BEFORE MARRIAGE, so really elizabethwas the kings bastard and mary wasnt.

THEN when mary became queen, and dont ask how she got to that position cos its a ,long story, she twice thought she was pregnant. she was confined for months and both times it turned out that she wasnt actually pregant, the growth in her stomach which receded after hte first ''pregnancy'' and returned at the 2nd ''pregnancy'' was infact a cancerous tumour. Imagine. She was convinced that she would finally bring england back to the holy church but conceiving so late in life and giving birth to a catholic prince who would inherit england from his mother and spain, her colonies, and lands in germany and the netherlands from his father, philip.

I really feel sorry for the poor mare and she was really tolerant aswell. Elizabeth was a bitch against Mary but history has made elizabeth the good one and Mary the evil villain THATS why i get worked up cos history has assasinated Mary's character.

(As you can probably guess I dont get to chat about this aspect of my life to any1 much, least of all at madrassah so u guys are gonna have to listen to me state my grievances and mutter my sympathy for mary1st and catherine of aragon, and here me spew venoum forth on anne boleyn the harlot, and elizabeth who was an EVEN BIGGER harlot than her mother. )

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Which authors have you read on Mary I?

i think carolly erickson and antonia fraser but not too sure, didnt pay much attention to the authors

i also read The Six wives of Henry VIII. and read a bit about Mary Queen of Scots.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
nice idea but i dnt think the ppl at the revival would do segregation so count me out

salaam
come on bro, why always negative comments about the revival?
we're not that bad
we dont intermix
we do believe in segregation too you know
we follow shariah aswell you know

listen, we have several sisters on the revival team, 2 being sub-editors...you will be shocked but i have never seen them...communication is mostly through email and only over the phone when required.

we have studied Islam aswell you know, we're not uneducated liberal modern westernernised secular muslims you know.:D
dont you think you should show us at least a teeny weeny bit of respect...and dont assume so many negative things about us. you dont know us, we dont know you.
yes , we differ on a few issues, but thats Islam bro, i definitely respect you.

anyway....
take care

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
listen, we have several sisters on the revival team, 2 being sub-editors...you will be shocked but i have never seen them...communication is mostly through email and only over the phone when required.

i AM impressed! but even then dnt take it the wrong way but I dont mix with ppl at madrassah that much beyond revising lessons or helping each other out with something, so doubt I would go around spending hours eating samosa and drinking tea with ppl i barely know!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

hes shy i think

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
hes shy i think

or just extremly anti-social :roll:

I actually like the idea of a Revival Iftar. Doing iftar in the mosque is normally cool as well. But I found at iftar time all the good that you done by not eating all day disappear after you eaten too much and guilt start to take over. But Inshallah, will relax this year and only do iftar at home or the mosque, not both. :oops:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

i also think revival iftar would be a good idea

but unlike SOME twisted, dirty minded individuals I know that the revival get together would NOT be mixed

me angel, my sister and the rest of the girls would be having jokes in one room

and the lamo guys would be in a another room

the guys of course would have to bring the munch

and we girls will decide which dish was the best

it be jokes Biggrin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:
hes shy i think

or just extremly anti-social :roll:

He's a loner... bit like Admin... they would prob get on well togeather... but since they're loners they prob wouldnt...

Revival Iftari sounds like a good idea and ofcourse it wouldn't be mixing boys & girls... tut tut... what do you take us for?

I dunno about guys bringing food... i'd prob end up bringing pizza... or a Sub sandwich. What do you mean lammo guys?? We'd have plenty to chat about... heck you would prob here us laughing thru the walls.

Back in BLACK

i think Medieval man doesnt like the idea of a gathering of jokes.....we forget the Akhira to easily Biggrin

LilSis....the only thing you can do with the dishes is wash them Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yes i am a bit of a loner. I dont like sitting with groups of people unless its in a jalsa or in classes take from that what you will but I personally think its a positive for me.

Actually I like sitting with ulama, sitting with my Teachers and with huffaz but other than that I prefer my own company. as for me being dirty minded I agree. I wud go further to say ALL men save ALLAH's chosen servants are evil creatures with dirrty minds, women think a man aint all that bad, trust me men are animals save those who control their carnal desires so yes i agree i am evil so thats y i wud be better off away from ifatr with revival and also u wud be better off not having such a person in ur midst.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

LilSis....the only thing you can do with the dishes is wash them Blum 3

pur-lease :roll:

i dont wash up in my own house what makes u think I'll wash up in the revival iftar party

Pages