Ramadan 2005

Surprised no-one has done this already...

As the blessed month of Ramdan dawns upon us, how will this bear significance upon our lives?

What changes are we looking forward to implement personally?

Are we going to be one-month good muslims again?

What are we looking forward to the most in the great month where the devil is locked away?

For me personally, I look forward to using it as an opportunity to attain good manners and be nice to everyone (not that i aint.... Lol but there are a few people i need to get back in their good books)

P.S.S Iif anyone is holding an Iftaar with some nice food....let me know! Smile

Salaam

I was going to start this thread...but a bit closer to the time-lol.

I can't wait for Ramadan, its the best time in the year for me. Every year I try to do something that I didnt do the year before.

Last Ramadan for the first time I read most of my Tarawih paryer and promised not to fight with my brother and sisters at Iftar time.

This year I'll try to read all my Tarawih prayer and try to read the Qur'an more too....(I'm such a slow reader).

Every Ramadan my prayers get accepted too. Last Ramadan I prayed for Hajj...and my dua got accepted...

p.s slightly off the topic but what's your fav Iftar munch? For me it fruit chart...

Wasalaam

lol...i knew you would do a thread like this, i tried copying your style of new thread posting....obviously not as good as yourself! Biggrin

oh...i forgot to mention about Trawih...this year im going to attend at least one unlike last year :oops:

last year was bad, i made up quite a lot of excuses....only few were valid...and then one day i thought i would make the effort to go...and something came up :oops:

Inshallah this year, im going to attend as many as possible, now that i hold standing in prayer for ages in a better view (a test of character and willingness to come close to Allah SWT rather than a burden!)

Fav Iftaar........too many to call, but i love the samasa's, chicken n chips, Pakoray, KEEEEEEMAA!!! (all year round!!), them crispy pastry rolls things as well. oooh....i cant wait Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

the main purpose of fasting is to achieve Taqwa. So how do people try to achieve taqwa? how do you try to get that fear of God inside you?

wasalaam

im not too sure on that one, i just keep asking Allah SWT to increase my level of Taqwa.

try thinking of him whenevr you normally wouldnt usually helps

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL-anyone can copy my sister style of thread posts

she starts of with an intro and ends with at least 50 pointless Q to get the discussion rolling

below is an example

Salaam

Ramadan the special month of fasting will be upon us very soon.

Its a special time where prayers get accepted and teh devils are locked up.

But what does Ramadan mean to YOU? Are you happy when this month comes or are you sad? How do YOU fast? How SHOULD we fast? WHY should we fast? How SHOULDNT we fast? What SHOULD we get out of Ramadan? What SHOULDNT we get out of Ramadan?

Share your throughts please, thank you very much......

Wasalaam

Dirol

seriouly tho-

I fight with my bro too much in Ramadan-cos he pigs out and jacks all the munch

he eats all the samosa's

I also get very lazy and tired in Ramadan

this ramadan I have to control my temper

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

I fight with my bro too much in Ramadan-cos he pigs out and jacks all the munch

be the better person, let him have it. im sure theres enuff for everyone! its not even worth arguing over (says the guy who eats his lil bros food on the low low :roll: )

laziness and tiredness is your nafs!! you gotta battle it (says the laziest guy known :roll: )

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yeh but at Iftar time a person is STARVING

mum always makes enough but his greed makes him munch it ALL

one day he'll get so FAT and then he'll be sorry he ate my Samosa

tis Ramadan I'll prob get mum to make me a seperate plate before hand

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
yeh but at Iftar time a person is STARVING

Ramadan is more than just about food!!

by iftaar anyway, you cant really eat more than you normally would at a normal meal....you just have more of a thirst for food

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

when I was a little girl -to me ramadan meant eating "iftari"

my baby sister holds the same concept

i know Ramadan is more then just food-but lack of food to me always makes me short tempered

thats an area you needa tackle. Ramadhan should allow you an opportunity to control your temper, your tongue, your eyes, your ears. its all about bettering yourself. Ramadhan is the easiest time to do so, and Inshallah i hope we all have the strength to carry on for the remainder of the year....allowing us to take the next steup up next ramadhan

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

a beautiful, beneficial, blessed and most benedictine book on Holy Ramadan is

''Ramadan of the Saintly Elders'' by Hadrat Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandalwi alayhi rahmah.

I would most STRONGLY urge ALL to read the book becuase it acts as a strong encouragement to people to achieve great things in Ramadan.

Qsn: Do any of you know of any masajid or madaris in UK where Quran Khatm is completed in 3/7/10 days etc? Back home some places complete Quran in few days so people can atleats get one khatm sorted. InshaALLAH I m gonna do 7 days khatm next year but was wondering if any other masajid/madaris do it also?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
a beautiful, beneficial, blessed and most benedictine book on Holy Ramadan is

''Ramadan of the Saintly Elders'' by Hadrat Mawlana Muhammad Zakariyya Kandalwi alayhi rahmah.

I would most STRONGLY urge ALL to read the book becuase it acts as a strong encouragement to people to achieve great things in Ramadan.

Qsn: Do any of you know of any masajid or madaris in UK where Quran Khatm is completed in 3/7/10 days etc? Back home some places complete Quran in few days so people can atleats get one khatm sorted. InshaALLAH I m gonna do 7 days khatm next year but was wondering if any other masajid/madaris do it also?

He is a big scholar of the ulema-e-deoband, yeah?
I have read one of his books, i think its Fazail-e-Amal? Good book. On eof my Tablighi Jamaat friends gave it to me.

MashaALLAH good good.

Hadrat was connected with Deoband but in actual fact he spent his whole teaching life in Mazahir ul Uloom Saharanpur and spent the end years in Madinah Munawwarah. Alhamdulillah ALLAH accept Him, He is buried in the Jannatul Baqee and has Sahabah as His companions in Alam e Barzakh.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
MashaALLAH good good.

Hadrat was connected with Deoband but in actual fact he spent his whole teaching life in Mazahir ul Uloom Saharanpur and spent the end years in Madinah Munawwarah. Alhamdulillah ALLAH accept Him, He is buried in the Jannatul Baqee and has Sahabah as His companions in Alam e Barzakh.

see i dont hate deobandi scholars, i also listen to Ahmad Ali, Riyad ul Haq, have respect for Imam Muhajjar al Makki....
i just disagree with some of the viewpoints and some of the mentalities...am i not entitled to that?

My brother u can differ on any issue you like! You are entitled to hold whatever opinion you like becuase it doesnt affect me. It is good that you listen to Mawlana Ahmad Ali, Shaykh Riyadh ul haq and Hadrat Mawlana Makki.

May I also suggest Mawlana Muhammad Sindhi of Leicester?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

can we stick to the topic of ramadan please?

every thread turns into a debate about scholars, sects, arguements on diffrences of opinion betwen a few of you :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

k Hay-DUH.

Ramadhan Holy is the month of Quran and its sole virtue and superiority over all other months is due to its connection with Holy Quran. Neglecting Holy Quran in this month is an act of great foolishness and people should make effort to read atleast one khatm in this blessed hours.

But I think it is best to start preparations for this most blessed and benedictine guest in advance. If we start the training for Ramadhan early then we can hope to benefit more from this month. Alhamdulillah madrassah has already started the preparations to welcome this Holy Visitor and I would encourage all brothers here to start to think sriously about the time we have left in this world. let us make intention that this Ramadhan Holy will be a month of striving, a month of patience and perserverence, a month in which we TRULY change for the better.

Subhanallah I have been taught that even making an intention is enough to attain salvation so even if we fall far short of what is required from us we can keep hoping in the ever present mercies of ALLAH Almighty and have hope that our intentions are accepted and a means of gaining proximity to the Lord of Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I've never pushed myself to read/do more then I can

I focus more on quality and not quantity

I'm more likley to read one surah properly with meanings rather then reading a whole spara really fast-making mistakes

"Medievalist" wrote:
My brother u can differ on any issue you like! You are entitled to hold whatever opinion you like becuase it doesnt affect me. It is good that you listen to Mawlana Ahmad Ali, Shaykh Riyadh ul haq and Hadrat Mawlana Makki.

May I also suggest Mawlana Muhammad Sindhi of Leicester?

NO , THREE TABLIGHI SCHOLARS ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH Biggrin
Ahmad Ali is good on general issues, but disagree on aqeeda
Riyad ul Haq is not a great speaker, good against HT's...but disagree on aqeeda issues
Mawlana Makki- havent heard him speak, but read several urdu books- agree on his beliefs, especially Mawlid which surprisingly his mureeds dont agree with.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I was going to start this thread...but a bit closer to the time-lol.

Apparently, the gentleman couldn't wait. Fast guy.

He must own a Yamaha R6. Awesome fun.

Omrow

your desire to pay attention to quality is indeed admirable but if i may give a suggestion.

Reading Quran without understanding, merely make a tilawah of the quran is also an act of great virute and blessings. By ALL means read tafseer and contemplate; that is an act of high reward but I would also encourage you to try to make atleast one khatm of Quran.

I think at most it takes very slow readers 1 hour to read one para. If a person makes inteention to everday read only 1 para then it is expected that one khatm will be completed. Think about it, no1 is saying read with mistakes, rather read slowly with correct tajweed and tarteel and even then 1 hour is enough to complete one para so really EVERY1 shoul be able to complete one khatm.

I hope my advice/encouragement isnt too medieval or overbearing or extreme or aggressive or narrow minded?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

no, i agree with you.

ive made a start before ramdhan has statred so i dont run out of time

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

u can make ur suggestions-its a free world

but I like to know what I'm reading

I derive more from the quran that way

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

Riyad ul Haq is not a great speaker

?!?!?!?!?!

That is really surprising. I see Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq Sahibs speeches as being amongst the most educated, eloquent and structured speeches delievered in english. Shaykhs speeches are not firebrand or filled with rhetoric but rather his approach is more intellectual and explanatory so thats y u perhaps think he is not a great speaker?

If you listne carefully the way Shaykh explains his bayans is unique. Very few ulama manage to explain quran verses with other quran verse and then bring in ahadeeth to explain ahadeeth.

I think if u made a note of his lectures you will be amazed at how Shaykh Riyadh ul haq Sahib delivers his speeches. Just a little complaint . . . I would prefer it if at the very least you referred to the Ulama with Mawlana or Imam or Molvi. It grates with me to see Mawlana Ahmad Ali and Mawlana Riyad ul Haq Sahib being referred to without some form of recognition. If that request is too hard for you I would be surprised!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

hes saying, try doing both. read with correct pronunciation and understanding, but at the same time yuo should try to complete one reading of the Quran in the month of Ramadan. both of you have viable arguements

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

like I said

if I read fast I make mistakes and dont give it justice

its not a race

Just a side note.

one of my ex brelwi mates told me this story that once a really really poor muslim husband and wife found a quran. They didnt have a shelf in their house or any high place to put the holy Quran due to their poverty so what they did is that for half the night the husband stood and held the Quran in a hgih position, and then for the second half the wife got up and held the Holy Quran so her husband could rest.

In the morning, ALLAH somehow sent a message to this husband and wife team that you spent the night in discomfort so that you could honour and keep my Word high, Lo! I have forgiven your sins and in return have honoured and raised your names and they two became big awlia ALLAH.

Amazing!

Imam Abu Haneefah ruled that the Quran has the right to be read ATLEAST twice in the whol year and that once started the Khatm Quran should not exceed 40 days.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

Riyad ul Haq is not a great speaker

?!?!?!?!?!

That is really surprising. I see Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq Sahibs speeches as being amongst the most educated, eloquent and structured speeches delievered in english. Shaykhs speeches are not firebrand or filled with rhetoric but rather his approach is more intellectual and explanatory so thats y u perhaps think he is not a great speaker?

If you listne carefully the way Shaykh explains his bayans is unique. Very few ulama manage to explain quran verses with other quran verse and then bring in ahadeeth to explain ahadeeth.

I think if u made a note of his lectures you will be amazed at how Shaykh Riyadh ul haq Sahib delivers his speeches. Just a little complaint . . . I would prefer it if at the very least you referred to the Ulama with Mawlana or Imam or Molvi. It grates with me to see Mawlana Ahmad Ali and Mawlana Riyad ul Haq Sahib being referred to without some form of recognition. If that request is too hard for you I would be surprised!

he is informative, but dry. educated but no passion. its more robotic than a talk....i wouldnt class him as a great speaker...let sleave it to that shall we
just like Shaykh Nuh Keller is a great scholar but not a great speaker.
Not every scholar is a great speaker.

he is informative, but dry. educated but no passion. its more robotic than a talk....

i will leave this topic, but Shaykhs bayan dont seem robotic. I think some ppl are in the habit of only hearing speeches which fire up the listeners, they dont value the gems that intellectual speeches deliver.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

he is informative, but dry. educated but no passion. its more robotic than a talk....

i will leave this topic, but Shaykhs bayan dont seem robotic. I think some ppl are in the habit of only hearing speeches which fire up the listeners, they dont value the gems that intellectual speeches deliver.

i do value them, u taking this the wrong way as always.

Pages