The Hijaab And The Jeans

220 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Medievalist" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

unfortunately some of us have turned this RIGHT of the women into a restriction and prohibition.

by some of us are you referring to me?

editor bro im still waiting for evidence that the hanafi ruling has been changed? and what is this inalienable right? If this right did exist then why did Imam Abu Haneefah only permit the old women to come for Fajr, Maghrib and Isha/ was he taking away the womens inalienable right?

U cant make statements like that without back up. Plz provide evidence pertaining to our Ahnaaf Ulama.

So he did allow women?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

only old women during restricted times..

editor bro is suggesting total access for women..

theres a difference,

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
only old women during restricted times..

editor bro is suggesting total access for women..

theres a difference,

Now what was the reason for that ruling?

Why were all women not banned, at all times?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

in this thread the restriction and reasons have been mentioned,.. if youve just joined admin.. u shud have a quick read to catch up..

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

admin it is not really our job to look at all issues. That is the preserve of Ulama.

Again I am STILL waiting for evidence that the hanafi ruling is not as i stated.

tick tock tick tock

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
admin it is not really our job to look at all issues. That is the preserve of Ulama.

Again I am STILL waiting for evidence that the hanafi ruling is not as i stated.

tick tock tick tock

i have gave my full argumenst with full evidence ....i even quoted text from mukhtsar al qadoori....where it states imam abu hanifa used to allow women attend jumma salaah....
as i said women can read at home...thats better...but can attend mosque if they choose....and conditions are met...
the issue is not about just salaah....my argument is about attending masjid for events, talks, education, courses etc etc.... which is totally permissible according to the ahnaaf.
all this discussion started when u said muslim women shud be discouraged.... for salaah, may be for argument sake, but not for all other events...imam abu hanifa or his students have never state danywhere taht women should be discouraged to attend masjid for educational purposes, bayaan, course etc...
Allamah Ibne Abidin Shami, the great hanfi faqih states that women are allowed to attend mosque for educational purposes, learning the deen etc...dont worry i will get you the reference aswell....

i dont want to go round and round in circles, u have made ur argument, so have i....we wont agree...
but accusing me of claiming to be a mujtahid etc is childish.

wasalaam

Allamah Ibne Abidin Shami, the great hanfi faqih states that women are allowed to attend mosque for educational purposes, learning the deen etc...dont worry i will get you the reference aswell....

MashaALLAH! We concur with the view that are allowed to attend for EDUCATION.

I see we shall go round in circles. You still dont accept that women should not go the mosque solely for salah. I agree that if the mosque is the only site for education then they may attend provided the previous conditions are met. If a seperate house exists for education then there is no need for her to go, and if she can get receiver at home then she can lsiten to bayan at home aswell so again no need to go.

Alhamdulillah ALLAH has granted what He grants.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:

MashaALLAH! We concur with the view that are allowed to attend for EDUCATION.

I see we shall go round in circles. You still dont accept that women should not go the mosque solely for salah. I agree that if the mosque is the only site for education then they may attend provided the previous conditions are met. If a seperate house exists for education then there is no need for her to go, and if she can get receiver at home then she can lsiten to bayan at home aswell so again no need to go.

Alhamdulillah ALLAH has granted what He grants.

I thought you were a muqallid? why add more conditions?

(I am pretty good at stirring)

"Admin" wrote:

I thought you were a muqallid? why add more conditions?

(I am pretty good at stirring)

Lol! Alhamdulillah I am muqallid. The issue of seperate building being educational facility for women is not my own opinon. During the Holy Lifetime salallahu alayhi wa sallam a day was allocated for the women in a certain HOUSE in Madinah. The first Ladies Madrassah was not in the Masjid Nabwi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Alhamdulillah I am Muqallid and our Elders fulfill the sunnah even in this act which seems strange to the people today. Nothing to do with adding more conditions. I am not adding anything admin bro.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

But they were not discouraged from going to the mosque either.

Pick a position, and stick to it.

this year I'll be reading Tarawih in Mosque with dad

due to the obvious reason that no one in my family is a Quran hifz

looking forward to it-lots of my mates will be going too

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Yeah, you won't last the first 5 tarweeh. Lol

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

thats why u go last 5 Wink

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

LOL

prob

after the first TWO I'd be like

"Daddy YOU go...."

but i want to go-cos I don't know how to read Tarawih and I want to follow someone and then pick up how to read it

maybe then after that I might read at home-somtimes

Good Idea LilSis......its not Fardh anyway

i dont think our mosque has taraweeh for women, probz cant stand there 4 2 long. my mum n sis read at home

the procedure is fairly simple

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

LOL

prob

after the first TWO I'd be like

"Daddy YOU go...."

but i want to go-cos I don't know how to read Tarawih and I want to follow someone and then pick up how to read it

maybe then after that I might read at home-somtimes

You don't need to know, just read it like you read any namaaz. There no difference. In the mosque it hard, especially if you got Uni, school or work, It normally a struggle and it a real test of will power to concntrate for 1 hour and a half, I can't do it, I normally thinking about everything but the thing I should be. But I have got better in the last couple of years.

Yeah, listen to Yashmati, it will only take 20 minutes to read at home and you will gain the same reward as men I love to have that option., but it would be good for you to experience reading it in teh mosque, just so u know how it is for us.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
Good Idea LilSis......its not Fardh anyway

i dont think our mosque has taraweeh for women, probz cant stand there 4 2 long. my mum n sis read at home

the procedure is fairly simple

my local mosque and two other mosques in my town have facilities for ladies to read tarawih in the Mosque

so why shouldnt we make use of it?

its totally up to women what they choose to do

i read Tarawih in Medina behind the Iman when I did umrah in Ramadan

I LOVED it

cant get the same feel at home

Mashallah

i yearn to go Medina again Sad

our mosque has facilities too but i think most prefer to stay at home coz its not like as if Ramadan isnt a busy time for the women as it is

I agree tho, you should go if yu want to.....but im tellin ya....the last few are the best ones Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Ramadan aint a busy time for me

its RELAXED time

other then worship more-what else is there to do

what makes it more busy for women?

well its busy 4 evry1..... u are supposed 2 spend more time in worship.

but women normally gotta cook the big iftaar's!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:

but women normally gotta cook the big iftaar's!

yeh we gotta start frying the samose and cutting the fruit chart the night before? :roll:

that work takes only 45 min before iftar opens

and its quicker if EVRYONE chips in-like they do in my house

i just sad its more busier than normal....which it is

we have fairly large iftaars wehre all the mums make special dishes.......and when we have 1 at home, mum n sis gotta make enuff for 5 hungry men Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"yashmaki" wrote:
Yuit you trying to suggest im taking the easy way out by staying at home? I sure never said i can do it in 20 mins flat. I perform Isha in 20 minutes and tarawih is longer so tell me how can i do it in 20 mins?

Well if muslimsis has got a mosque which allows women to pray tarawih, she's going with her father why not? She can go. But if you want to do it at home sis you can. You just make intention for tarawih salat offer two rakats at a time. Read the surahs you know by heart, insha'Allah.

Tarweeh is normally 20 rakats, it differ with people, it may be less. Isha is 17 rakats. So there is not muh of a different. Plus I not saying it a easy way out, If I don't read in the mosque there a good chance I probably won't read tarweeh at home. It differ with different people. Also the time it take differs with the surah that you read, so there is no real time limit, I was just stating that tarweeh can be read at home in 20 minutes, while in the mosque it can't.

[url=http//

"yashmaki" wrote:
I'm keeping it simple no special food in this house unless im giving iftar to my mum, friends or neighbours. Husband said we can eat wht we always eat no need for fancy food. Some women (not all) waste half their day cooking and retain a small amount of time for ibadah. Ramadan should be about worship not cooking.

Yeah you got a large family darth but why should your mother run around making special dishes for you? You should count your lucky socks you get some dates, roti and water.

It makes me mad. My mother is the same spends nearly all day fussing over "special dishes", and we got a large family so she's there most of the day. I reckon she feels she has to do it coz of the lazy boys in the house. When i was there i was forced to help her and it's not nice. I ended up resenting her. I used to be knackered by the time i sat down to read quran. All this excess is sinful in Ramadan.

So Darth if you want "special dishes" pull your weight, help your mother cook. You know what, you get great reward for doing that because you're effectively giving someone their iftar meal.

Better yet treat your mother to sehri for all she does for you!

you took what i said waaay outta proportion :roll:

My mum chooses to cook big meals, and it makes her happy seeing her husband and 4 kids well fed and looked after. whats wrong with that? Of course we help out where we can but coz of work/uni/school it aint so easy

its good alhamdulillah your keeping the food simple......but food is also Allah swt's blessing, and should be enjoyed....whislt at the same time bearing in mind all the famine stricken people around the world and sending donations/food to them....which we do.

cant see why it angers you so much!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

good point yash

I've seen some mums who are slaving away in the kitchen whist the inconsiderate men of the house are waiting for their munch

not realising that their MUM is fasting too

i feel sorry for such ladies

yeah....only if they forced to or do it against their will

however, not all women are

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ