The Hijaab And The Jeans

My aunty has been moaning about her daughter (my best cousin) to us for days

(parents shouldnt complain about their kids to others-but thats a diff topic)

anyway-she has a prob with the fact that her daughter wears a Scarf but she wears jeans as well

SO WHAT!!!!!!

at least she wears a scarf- :roll:

and maybe one day when she becomes a better Muslim she might stop wearing jeans and will wear sumin looser

her mum says "she might as well not wear a scarf"

WHATS ALL THAT ABOUT!!!!?

I remember in high school when hijabans used to date, swear, smoke etc etc some of the bitchy girls used to say to them "u might aswell take ur scarf off"

thats TWO totally differnet issues!!!!!

My cousin cant stand her mum-she thinks she's too "backwards and cultural"

I can see where her mum is coming from

but what I dont understand is when she says "if you wanna wear jeans-then take your scarf off"? :?:

When people become intrested in Islam-they do stuff slowly

they dont jump the gun-her mum needs to chill

why do people make big deal out of little issues?

lol she should give her parents what they want.

She should wear an abaya, several rain coats, skipants, three hats - a skimask, a giant chicken mascot suit and finally a large black garbage bag overtop all that.

- then insist on going everywhere with "dear mummy"

lol why mrs. lilsis's cousins mom, what is that gigantic 9ft black tower following you around everywhere?

Oh... nevermind that.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Coz they are pathetic! (No offence to your aunty)

Headscarf looks better with jeans then it does with a jilbab and maybe your cousin wants to keep up with fashion.

According to the Sharia the jilbab is compulsory, remember that girl that took her school to court coz they won’t let her wear one?

I don’t understand why the women’s dress code is so bloody strict for. It takes more then a headscarf and a jilbab to stop me from chatting a girl up. Some girls STILL manage to look pretty with a headscarf on.

Even a niqab wouldn’t put me off chatting a girl up. My top 3 chat up lines for women who wear a niqab are:

1. Do you cover your face coz you’re blinding everyone with your beauty?
2. Are you that bloody shy that you need to cover your face up?
3. You must be dead cold to cover your self from top to toe, take it off and I’ll know exactly how to hotten you up?

I know they are dead cheesey but some of the Niqabis actually find it funny.

I got a right telling off from mi imam for chatting up niqbis.

I’ve read all the articles on the headscarf on the Revival site, I gotta say I don’t by it. Now I aint a submitter and I deffo aint preaching any of Rashad Khalifs teachings but as a Muslim boy I feel the headscarf is unnecessary and just because you don’t wear one that doesn’t make you unmodest. I find it disgusting how women in the Middle East are forced to wear one.

IMO the strict women’s dress code has created a culture in the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent where women are made to feel ashamed of their bodies. When ppl talk about girls who wear skin tight clothes they often say that the girl is ‘naked with clothes on’ I’m sure you have heard of that weird saying before, it doesn’t even make sense and I can’t understand why ppl say it. My sis wears skin tight clothes and family members look at her in disgust, like she has got something to be ashamed of.

I find it very strange how ppl think that a woman in a hijab and a jilbab has got a clean heart. It shows their brain level really….

ppl have got this ‘all or nothing attitude’ when it comes to religion, if you don’t do one thing they wonder why you do the rest and that’s the case with your cousin. I drink and play and ppl often ask me why I bother turning up to mosque. It has got nothing to do with them, its better being a little bit bad then all bad innit?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Dave" wrote:
lol she should give her parents what they want.

She should wear an abaya, several rain coats, skipants, three hats - a skimask, a giant chicken mascot suit and finally a large black garbage bag overtop all that.

- then insist on going everywhere with "dear mummy"

lol why mrs. lilsis's cousins mom, what is that gigantic 9ft black tower following you around everywhere?

Oh... nevermind that.

LOL-the funny thing with that is

if she does that they'll have even MORE of an issue with her

they already moan that she's "too much" into Islam :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

LOL-the funny thing with that is

if she does that they'll have even MORE of an issue with her

they already moan that she's "too much" into Islam :roll:

wow these are some pretty unreasonable people...

Yep.. She's screwed - no two ways about it.

[b]JUDDA SAID:
I’ve read all the articles on the headscarf on the Revival site, I gotta say I don’t by it. Now I aint a submitter and I deffo aint preaching any of Rashad Khalifs teachings but as a Muslim boy I feel the headscarf is unnecessary and just because you don’t wear one that doesn’t make you unmodest. I find it disgusting how women in the Middle East are forced to wear one. [/b]

what a load of cobblers....
proves ur a kid who dont know the basics of islam.....

covering hair for women is FARDH, COMPULSORY,,,just as it is for them to cover all teh body apart from face, hands, and feet.
And for men it is COMPULSORY, FARDH that men have to cover from navel to the knees.

these are words and rulings from the quran and sound hadith. this is islamic law. no argument, no ikhtilaaf, no Muslim argues or denies it.

If you deny it then you are denying quran and sunnah which is an act of kufr!!!!!

so please be careful before u say something dangerous and go outside the orbit of Islam.

wasalaam

mate its only mi opinion :roll: ...

I didn't know you were gonna be that upset...

Women should NOT be forced to wear one coz god said there is no compulsion in religion...

I is so glad I aint a girl....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:

Women should NOT be forced to wear one coz god said there is no compulsion in religion...

There may not be any compulsion in religion but if your gonna call yourself a muslim you SHOULD act like one.

Otherwise your just a hypocrit. Coz in Islam covering yourself is COMPULSORY!!

Back in BLACK

"Judda" wrote:
mate its only mi opinion :roll: ...

I didn't know you were gonna be that upset...

I is so glad I aint a girl....

what do you mean its your opinion. when Allah and his prophet have gave the ruling there is no room for opinion.

to say i think wearing hijab is unnecessary is saying u dont agree with Allahs ruling and that is definitely kufr!!!!!!

Of course women should not be forced to wear it, it is up to them...if they dont wear it then they will be accountable for their action, and we should it force it upon them, let them make their own decision and wear it when they are ready for it.....but what you are saying is that women shouldnt wear it all, its unnecessary which is blasphemy.

the problem is judda you give opinion over quran and sunnah....opinion is only valid on issues where there is room forikhtilaaf...this issue has no room for ikhtilaaf. The room for opinion of the ulema is whether niqaab is fardh or not, but hijab is mainstream is islam.

learn your islam brother before you give your opinion.

wasalaam

Salaam,
ok 1st ov all i jus wona say, Judda, u need 2 read more in2 this topic b4 u say such things. Revival Ed, i totally agree. Allah tells us women 2 cover so as 2 not attract the opposite sex, duznt mean we cant wear jeans at the same time, jus means we shudnt wear TIGHT jeans! U see, therz this thing called modesty in Islam which Allah prefers. As 4 chatin up women who cover, now thats where u men shud learn 2 b modest aswel!! u luk once @ a gal n its ok but u luk twice n its haram. u feel sory 4 gals coz they hav 2 cover? wel then m8 u dnt knw wot its ol about! Most gals who cover 4 the right reasons (COZ ALLAH TOLD US 2) wud neva think bout takin off hijab eva n infact feel more comfortable goin out n bout. "A woman is like a precious jewel, so u keep it hidden, not show the rest ov the world so they come up with alsorts ov ideas as to wot 2 do with it!"

P.S. no offence 2 any1

"Asiya_A" wrote:
P.S. no offence 2 any1

I AM OFFENDED.

and furthermore I demand an apology.

lol n wot exactly did i say 2 offend u?!!!

"Dave" wrote:
"Asiya_A" wrote:
P.S. no offence 2 any1

I AM OFFENDED.

and furthermore I demand an apology.

lol Dave, you forget to say a "written" apology

and demand half of their land as compensation.

Judda wiseup.

Back in BLACK

"Judda" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Coz they are pathetic! (No offence to your aunty)

Headscarf looks better with jeans then it does with a jilbab and maybe your cousin wants to keep up with fashion.

According to the Sharia the jilbab is compulsory, remember that girl that took her school to court coz they won’t let her wear one?

I don’t understand why the women’s dress code is so bloody strict for. It takes more then a headscarf and a jilbab to stop me from chatting a girl up. Some girls STILL manage to look pretty with a headscarf on.

Even a niqab wouldn’t put me off chatting a girl up. My top 3 chat up lines for women who wear a niqab are:

1. Do you cover your face coz you’re blinding everyone with your beauty?
2. Are you that bloody shy that you need to cover your face up?
3. You must be dead cold to cover your self from top to toe, take it off and I’ll know exactly how to hotten you up?

I know they are dead cheesey but some of the Niqabis actually find it funny.

I got a right telling off from mi imam for chatting up niqbis.

I’ve read all the articles on the headscarf on the Revival site, I gotta say I don’t by it. Now I aint a submitter and I deffo aint preaching any of Rashad Khalifs teachings but as a Muslim boy I feel the headscarf is unnecessary and just because you don’t wear one that doesn’t make you unmodest. I find it disgusting how women in the Middle East are forced to wear one.

IMO the strict women’s dress code has created a culture in the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent where women are made to feel ashamed of their bodies. When ppl talk about girls who wear skin tight clothes they often say that the girl is ‘naked with clothes on’ I’m sure you have heard of that weird saying before, it doesn’t even make sense and I can’t understand why ppl say it. My sis wears skin tight clothes and family members look at her in disgust, like she has got something to be ashamed of.

I find it very strange how ppl think that a woman in a hijab and a jilbab has got a clean heart. It shows their brain level really….

ppl have got this ‘all or nothing attitude’ when it comes to religion, if you don’t do one thing they wonder why you do the rest and that’s the case with your cousin. I drink and play and ppl often ask me why I bother turning up to mosque. It has got nothing to do with them, its better being a little bit bad then all bad innit?

First of all the word 'hijab' does not refer to the headscarf but in fact it refers to covering of the body in such a manner where a female's bodily curves are not shown and the material of her clothing should be thick (so that it is not see through) and most importantly should act in a modest manner so that she is not attracting attention of anyone and have a clean heart, clean thoughts. This is HIJAB.

The hijab it there not to make woman ashamed of their bodies but to protect them, if you look at the statistics woman who dress in an immodest way i.e. short skirts etc are the ones who are likely to get sexually assaulted.

'Naked with clothes on' if you can see the bodily curves of a woman, then what is left to imagination?

THROUGH LOVE all that is bitter will be sweet.
Through Love all that is copper will be gold.
Through Love all dregs will turn to purest wine.
Through Love all pain will turn to medicine.
Through Love the king will turn into a slave!

"Asiya_A" wrote:
lol n wot exactly did i say 2 offend u?!!!

I dunno...

All I know is that I was reading what you wrote and I suddenly felt OFFENDED!

I demand a written apology and HALF OF YOUR LAND!

...and next years crop of vegetables.

Wel tough!!! you'r not getin an apology frm me!!

"Dave" wrote:
oh well...

U tried Dave, you tried...

But any1 can try... Ur supposed to be Dave Tiggerific.

You used to be cool man whatever happened.

Back in BLACK

Jeans, I must admit, they look good on a girl.

Its not the actual material, but rather the shape of the girls back side.

I'm sorry for being graphic here, but its how it is. Jeans are the equivalent of a wonderbra for the bum.

Thing is though, the woman is well aware of this. I mean okay a woman here in the west will Justify wearing Jeans because they feel comfortable, and they look good. Some even admit to the fact that they do it for the men. Its a kind of a confidence booster.

But arnt women supposed to be preserving eye candy like the shapes of their backsides for the viewing pleasure of their husbands only?

Personally, I'd give my woman her own choice in what she wears. But admittedly if she chose to preserve her beauty for my own viewing pleasure and not for the viewing and judging of the public, It would make me happy.

[b]EDIT: Inappropriate comment regarding sisters, pls keep such comments to yourself.
-ThePhantomModerator[/b]

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Khan....Hence, many people think jeans do not seem ryt on a gal who is covering her hair

Well dont get me wrong sis...

That in my opinion is a seperate issue that I failed to comment on.

A sister who wears Jeans and covers her hair definatly has Islam inside of her.

I've seen sisters who wear Jeans and a head scarf, those who i have seen wearing the combo, I've prevented myself from perving as the head scarf reminds a Muslim of the constant prescence of the Almighty.

The power of a girl covering her head definatly deters a Muslim man from looking at a sister in the wrong way.

Of course if she was wearing something more revealing like a mini skirt, it would be different as the headscarf in this instance will totally lose its divine power, and can incite anger in a Muslim.

I personally would not judge a sis for wearing the combination, rather it would please me to see that a sister has taken a step towards the Almighty. I basically choose not to see her head scarf as a fashion accessory when worn with Jeans.. rather I'd choose to look at it as a transition phase a sister is going through in order to become a good Muslim.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Salaam

The thing with the jeans and Hijaab issue is that people need to realise that everyone is at different levels of Iman and Taqwa.

Yes, Hijaab is not restricted to the headscarf only. A Muslim woman’s entire body should be covered will loose fitting attire…. And I have yet to come across a pair of jeans for women that are really loose…..maybe they do exist-I don’t know.

But the argument that she “might as well take her scarf off if she’s gonna wear tight jeans” is lame.

It’s like saying “cos you don’t pray you have no right to Fast in Ramadan”

It’s always better in the long run to delve into Islam slowly…those who overload themselves straight away often suffer.

When I first started to think about wearing a headscarf, I started keeping my hair tied up instead of all open….

Then came on the Hijaab with the jeans….a short while later it was Hijaab and jeans with long tops/short dresses over the jeans….now it’s the dresses or long skirts with the Hijaab and occasional Jilbaab.

Maybe one day I’ll be strong enough to wear the Jilbaab and maybe even the Niqab…

People should be encouraged at whatever level they may be in Islam and not condemned.

Wasalaam

When someone does something good, you should not overlook it and just mention something they are not doing.

Hijab is fardh.

Now jeans... alot of stuff has been said about them... some good some bad... some not appropriate for an Islamic forum.

Everything is done in small steps. Never discourage others from practising Islam, no matter how small the step is. However never go all gushy and defend the person at all costs. Everyone has faults. We have to live with them.

Loose jeans can be a part of hijab. skin tight jeans are not. However even they are looser and less revealing than some of the current 'shalwar kameez' that people have no hesitation wearing.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

imo: wearing jeans has got nothing to do with the fact that u might aswell take your hijaab off.....u wear the hijaab coz its fard and when it comes to wearing jeans they should not be tight coz a womens body should not be revealing other than that loose jeans are orite.

im used to wearing the hijaab worn it since i was 9 properly....and now wear the jilbaab to....feel really uncomfortable without the hijaab anywhere even in the house i hav it with me.thinking about doing the nikaab seems very difficult inshallah in the cming future i will to that to.

i also think that its about how u bring up a child that gets them doing hijaab at an early age...like in my family my parents were strict on us girls from the beginning thats made us so used to wearing hijaab.

Remember the scarf is not hijab. the full covering of the required parts is hijab.

A niqab is a form of Hijab. So is a jilbab. A head scarf can be part of hijab.

Any clothing that does the job does the job. Skin tight jeans don't. Loose ones can, depending on looseness.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think for every individual the right way of doing "hijab" is different, now if sum1 does the hijab and doesnt read namaz one should encourage their act of doin hijab and vice versa and not put them down for not readin namaz, if you put them down then that will just make the person move away from you further and helpin them come to the right path will be hard. Its imposible for everyone to feel comfortable to do hijab until they know the true purpose of it, that takes time.

What nonsense!!

What exactly is the point of covering your hair, if you gonna expose your legs?

Hijab is NOT headscarf.

Hijab is a unique islamic concept. It means segregation of men and women. It means a woman concealing evrything from a man. It means men not acting lewdly with women. It means acting like strangers. It means protecting your gaze and concealing your body - MEN AND WOMEN - wearing loose clothing is hijab.

SUBHANALLAH! I heard from a brelwi alim recently that infact men and women BOTH have to obsreve hijab. ALLAH has given women beauty and he has let them keep their beauty so they have to cover the face when they appear on rare occasions outside the home. Men however have to appear outside the home more. When males are pre-maturity they have beauty, they are beardless; at this time in their lvies they are similar in status to women in that their parents and older brothers are responsible for their upbringing. When the boy becomes mature he has to look after himself, has to earn his own bread, has to be held accountable for his actions. Hence upon maturity the boy has to leave the hosue more often to earn a living SO ALLAH gives the man a pre-fitted veil - the beard.

In actual fact the brelwi alim said that for men the beard is a their faceveil, it conceals a major part of their face and also detracts from their childish beuaty to give them mature nobility. Similarly the mature women obtains nobility when she veils. In both cases hijab has been ordained for mankind- in bioth cases the hijab gives them nobility and honour and also veils them and acts as a barrier between the sexes.

Now a man who makes funny lines on his face and calls them beard, and a woman who struts around in tight clothing are making a mockery of hijab. Get some shame ppl and stop acting like animals!!

Euch!!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
What nonsense!!

What exactly is the point of covering your hair, if you gonna expose your legs?

Hijab is NOT headscarf.

Hijab is a unique islamic concept. It means segregation of men and women. It means a woman concealing evrything from a man. It means men not acting lewdly with women. It means acting like strangers. It means protecting your gaze and concealing your body - MEN AND WOMEN - wearing loose clothing is hijab.

SUBHANALLAH! I heard from a brelwi alim recently that infact men and women BOTH have to obsreve hijab. ALLAH has given women beauty and he has let them keep their beauty so they have to cover the face when they appear on rare occasions outside the home. Men however have to appear outside the home more. When males are pre-maturity they have beauty, they are beardless; at this time in their lvies they are similar in status to women in that their parents and older brothers are responsible for their upbringing. When the boy becomes mature he has to look after himself, has to earn his own bread, has to be held accountable for his actions. Hence upon maturity the boy has to leave the hosue more often to earn a living SO ALLAH gives the man a pre-fitted veil - the beard.

In actual fact the brelwi alim said that for men the beard is a their faceveil, it conceals a major part of their face and also detracts from their childish beuaty to give them mature nobility. Similarly the mature women obtains nobility when she veils. In both cases hijab has been ordained for mankind- in bioth cases the hijab gives them nobility and honour and also veils them and acts as a barrier between the sexes.

Now a man who makes funny lines on his face and calls them beard, and a woman who struts around in tight clothing are making a mockery of hijab. Get some shame ppl and stop acting like animals!!

Euch!!

No one is denying that women should cover themselves up appropriately but one has to realise that some ppl dont have this knowledge and by sayin to them "get some shame ppl and stop acting like animals" aint gona bring them any closer to islam or make them observe hijab in the right manner!

"angel" wrote:
by sayin to them "get some shame ppl and stop acting like animals" aint gona bring them any closer to islam or make them observe hijab in the right manner!

true. absolutely true.

There are two approaches. 1 is the softly softly one and the other is an in-your-face get on the straight and narrow.

From what I have read it seems many ppl here think that condemning her for wearing a scarf and tight jeans is rong. I disagree. I dont think that the girl is unaware that wearing jeans and a scarf looks extremely dodgy and is impermissible.

I think girls who wear a scarf and funny clothing with it know full well that it is a type of deviation and that is is extremely sinful. However other ppl dont criticise such types of dress; they encourage it and say ''oh how gud u wearing a scarf! oh how nice u look with ur scarf on sista!'' etc. Thei ppl get encouragement for this rather than be told straight that look u acting and looking like a strange hybrid between a loose-woman and a modest woman. Sort urself out and cover up!

Too many ppl act softly softly and it doesnt work in most cases. You got get out there criticse and shake up the system.

I used to be proper hardline but then got a bit soft, now back to how it was before. Acting nice with ppl doesnt make much difference, they just take advantage of you and give u a bad name cos u associate with such ppl.

Hard and fast advice is the way.

I used to see enough girls walking around town with make up and scarf, and tight jeans and scarf and i was like what a joke u making of islam and hijab. Same with men who walk around with small stubble on their faces and act like they big inviters to islam and the sunnah.

Get outta of ur comfort zone and strive in this religion. You gonna die in at most around 90 years. Spend your time wisely and sacrifice- 100 yrs of worship and deprivation in lieu an eternity of peace!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

But would you say to her she may aswell remove the scarf?

I doubt it.

My position is we should encourage people to follow Islam. At the end of the day its their choice, so we have no right to criticise them.

However encouragement may make the person take the next small step to becomeing a better muslim.

Just saying: 'Get some shame u slag' will not get you anywhere. It will actually discourage the person from following Islam.

"Medievalist" wrote:
"angel" wrote:
by sayin to them "get some shame ppl and stop acting like animals" aint gona bring them any closer to islam or make them observe hijab in the right manner!

true. absolutely true.

There are two approaches. 1 is the softly softly one and the other is an in-your-face get on the straight and narrow.

From what I have read it seems many ppl here think that condemning her for wearing a scarf and tight jeans is rong. I disagree. I dont think that the girl is unaware that wearing jeans and a scarf looks extremely dodgy and is impermissible.

I think girls who wear a scarf and funny clothing with it know full well that it is a type of deviation and that is is extremely sinful. However other ppl dont criticise such types of dress; they encourage it and say ''oh how gud u wearing a scarf! oh how nice u look with ur scarf on sista!'' etc. Thei ppl get encouragement for this rather than be told straight that look u acting and looking like a strange hybrid between a loose-woman and a modest woman. Sort urself out and cover up!

Too many ppl act softly softly and it doesnt work in most cases. You got get out there criticse and shake up the system.

I used to be proper hardline but then got a bit soft, now back to how it was before. Acting nice with ppl doesnt make much difference, they just take advantage of you and give u a bad name cos u associate with such ppl.

Hard and fast advice is the way.

I used to see enough girls walking around town with make up and scarf, and tight jeans and scarf and i was like what a joke u making of islam and hijab. Same with men who walk around with small stubble on their faces and act like they big inviters to islam and the sunnah.

Get outta of ur comfort zone and strive in this religion. You gonna die in at most around 90 years. Spend your time wisely and sacrifice- 100 yrs of worship and deprivation in lieu an eternity of peace!

It may be the fact that they are aware of this, many sins we commit we know are wrong but we still do it, it our weakness which we have to overcome. I dont think anyone said that wearin inapropriate clothes with hijab is fine what most of the ppl here are sayin is that if a girl is wearin a headscarf then she should be encouraged for this act....ppl maybe aware it is wrong but understandin the true purpose behind hijab is what many ppl lack which why ppl should be educated on this matter in a gentle way.

I diasgree with you, i think the soft approach is the most effective.

Pages