Mods to the slaughter

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

There is generally some truth in humour.

Why do you think the personas of 2004 were not the ones you lot suggested?

('Ed wanted a vote... I wanted suggestions...)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Dust.... im an older member... im sure of it. But thats besides the point it was mentioned on these boards ... not the old ones... maybe it was on the ones that got wiped when it crashed?

you know what its just easier to say your all asleep.

wake up people... angel go put the coffee on.

lol.

Back in BLACK

"Admin" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
All Mods are secret. So is their gender.

And can you lot NOT try to predict who the mods are?

I will delete the assumption above. Any assumptive post will be dealt with.

admin thats dictatorial of u.

:?

I have never denied having a dictatorial streak.

My regime wil not be overturned.

I dunno man... they overthrew me when I was Emperor.

These guys are pros

*I* overthrew you using my minions!

(so now those who overthrew you are officially my minions now...)

Seraph: :evil:

When I say a topic is not open for discussion, Its an order, not a suggestion.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Seraphim" wrote:

lol.

Why me :evil:

Mez hit him one on the head for me :evil:

"Admin" wrote:

Yeah... he's now gonna build a grand clone army of the revival to counter the increasing threat of the sepratists.
[size=9]
thats how it goes right?[/size]

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
Dust.... im an older member... im sure of it. But thats besides the point it was mentioned on these boards ... not the old ones... maybe it was on the ones that got wiped when it crashed?

you know what its just easier to say your all asleep.

lol.

if it was posted on the forum, that would mean admin was asleep aswell, because he does not allow Mods to reveal their identities...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Admin" wrote:

Now you didn't!

I [i]clearly[/i] remember the charge being led by Angel and Aasiyah.

Oh and I remember ladies

I [i]remember[/i]

Mwuahahhahhahahhaha

"Admin" wrote:

Seraph: :evil:

When I say a topic is not open for discussion, Its an order, not a suggestion.

my humblest apologies...

It just rare a moment when i ve noticed something the other havent.

The feelings quite unsettling.

Back in BLACK

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
All Mods are secret. So is their gender.

And can you lot NOT try to predict who the mods are?

I will delete the assumption above. Any assumptive post will be dealt with.

admin thats dictatorial of u.

:?

I have never denied having a dictatorial streak.

My regime wil not be overturned.

I dunno man... they overthrew me when I was Emperor.

These guys are pros

ok, lemme jus clarify: i wasnt kidding in that post^. :?

Admin: it should be upto the individual mod whether or not he/she wants to reveal his/her identity.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Don Karnage" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Now you didn't!

I [i]clearly[/i] remember the charge being led by Angel and Aasiyah.

Oh and I remember ladies

I [i]remember[/i]

Mwuahahhahhahahhaha

i dont remember that... Fool (i mean i remember ur phase of being emperor and uberjustice dave and whatnot, but i dont remember being responsible for ur loss of power...) Blum 3

"*DUST*" wrote:
Admin: it should be upto the individual mod whether or not he/she wants to reveal his/her identity.

Well then they can PM me, and I will discuss it with the mod...

However any posts even guessing at mods, wether correctly or incorrectly will either be deleted or edited by the first mod that see's the post. (Mod's please follow that).

"Admin" wrote:
However any posts even guessing at mods, wether correctly or incorrectly will either be deleted or edited by the first mod that see's the post. (Mod's please follow that).

but y? this is a forum - its just harmless fun!

I agree with Aasiyah, should be up to the individual..

Neway i am off

Sweet dreams to all and i hope to see lilsis/muslimsis here 2mor

Tc wasalam

"Angel" wrote:
I agree with Aasiyah, should be up to the individual..

Neway i am off

Sweet dreams to all and i hope to see lilsis/muslimsis here 2mor

Tc wasalam

wa'alaikum salaam, plz come back soon, this place is beginning to depress me too. :?

why?

because some mods were coerced into the position with a promise of anonimity. All mods were made aware of this.

And questions WILL be asked of the mod. Like today. Apparently for a while n mod was online... people will not take that as a valid answer.

and 'people' is not just the regulars, but also random people who come onto here, and may see some posts. They may even know the mod in real life... then they WILL ask questions.

(as I said if a mod wants to reveal its identity, PM me, and I have already given them Moderating powers on their own accounts... so IF I agree, they can stop using phantom moderator...)

"Admin" wrote:
why?

because some mods were coerced into the position with a promise of anonimity. All mods were made aware of this.

OH - y didnt u just say that then? :roll: if thats the case, i retract my accusation of u being dictatorial (i thought it was a rule u had imposed on them all, that they could not reveal their own true identities).

"Admin" wrote:
And questions WILL be asked of the mod. Like today. Apparently for a while n mod was online... people will not take that as a valid answer.

actually i did consider that possibilty, but noone answered me:
"*DUST*" wrote:
what happened - were there no Mods present when he spouted all that rubbish?

u are assuming our reactions before we have had a chance to react - questions are more likely to fly when the mods are shrouded in unnecessary mystery. as i said previously, i assume the mods u chose were responsible old members of the forum - hence y would the rest of us not respect them? if we had questions we'd know who to ask (calmly) instead of getting all annoyed at them as we have been for the past few days.

"Admin" wrote:
and 'people' is not just the regulars, but also random people who come onto here, and may see some posts. They may even know the mod in real life... then they WILL ask questions.

so what, if a newbie knows the mod in real-life and yet is assuming things about the person's character from what they see on a forum, that just means the newbie is shallow, and i'm sure the mod will be able to answer the questions perfectly well - and he/she would get backing from us oldies who know what his/her views really are.

"Admin" wrote:
(as I said if a mod wants to reveal its identity, PM me, and I have already given them Moderating powers on their own accounts... so IF I agree, they can stop using phantom moderator...)

which reminds me - u havent replied to our posts on the last page about the PhantomMod account.
if after the above^ points Mods are stil hesitant to reveal their identity, they can still have their anonymity without using the PhantomMod account - u can just give them a seperate moderating account, like 'NewModOnTheBlock' has his/her own. so either way there is no need for this 'PhantomMod' account.

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Yeah... he's now gonna build a grand clone army of the revival to counter the increasing threat of the sepratists.
[size=9]
thats how it goes right?[/size]

Something like that

[size=9]I think so... not a fan of the new ones[/size]

[size=7]except for the part where yoda fights[/size]

[size=5]that was awesome[/size]

I have asked them to use diferent sigs...

The thing about having diferent accoutns is that noone will know which mosd did what unless you look at the sig left behind... so is better to just have a unique sig.

"Admin" wrote:
I have asked them to use diferent sigs...

The thing about having diferent accoutns is that noone will know which mosd did what unless you look at the sig left behind... so is better to just have a unique sig.

so is 'NewModOnTheBlock' not an account then?

That is a sig that on of the mods uses.

The others use a slightly modified one...

Can we recommend people for modship privately?

Or would you just shake your head chuckle and send back a polite reply?

...that's what I would do Lol

I am investigating adding a new usergroup called limbo.

If placed in limbo, a member will not be able to post. (and will be in limbo pending a decision wether to ban or not...). All mods will be able to place people in limbo.

I just need to find out how to do this properly, so it is not functioning yet.

(and I am really original with names...)

"Admin" wrote:
I am investigating adding a new usergroup called limbo.

If placed in limbo, a member will not be able to post. (and will be in limbo pending a decision wether to ban or not...). All mods will be able to place people in limbo.

I just need to find out how to do this properly, so it is not functioning yet.

(and I am really original with names...)

I LIKE IT!

Thats a really cool idea - but.

If a user is placed in limbo are they able to just not post in limbo or does that mean they are not allowed to post on the forum - only in limbo?

If it works out they will not be able to post on the forums.

Basically their account will be in limbo. They may still be able to PM (as the mods may need to communicate with the individual)...

I just need to find out how to implement such a thing...

There does not seem to be a ready made solution...

"Admin" wrote:
If it works out they will not be able to post on the forums.

Basically their account will be in limbo. They may still be able to PM (as the mods may need to communicate with the individual)...

I just need to find out how to implement such a thing...

There does not seem to be a ready made solution...

What are all the tools available or potentially available to mods?

You can see the individuals email adress... unless they have changed it after joining... then it may well be fake.

We can see who is online but hidden (so all you lot who stay here for hours without posting... sometimes in the middle of the night, I know!)

They can edit and delete posts. They can split/lock/delete topics.

And they can see the ip address the user used to make a post. (every signle post has the ip address logged...)

and soon if things work out, they will be able to place people in limbo.

hmm... i dunno how you could create limbo outta that - it's not much to work with...

I am looking to use the groups functionality. All the mod does is add the member to the 'limbo' usergroup.

The problem is that I want a group to take away functionality for the group ember, but phpbb workd only in one way right now... where it adds functions for the members of a group...

while looking for a solution, I came across:

[url= Troll Mod[/url]

If someone is added to it, it makes it appear as if the forums are buggy... things do not work, or 25% of the time they appear to work.... but really do not...

Only problem is it does not give mods the ability to add people to it as that required access to the database...

I will probably add a [url= Control Panel[/url], delegating some power down, allowing to actually call their bluff.

Pages