Mods to the slaughter

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

should we have a more lax moderating?

Since yesterday it has been a virtual free-for-all.

And Ed has asked for more freedom...

He does not see the diference between discussing and arguing and bashing...

[b]EDIT: If you could draw up a list of "Dos and Don'ts", that would help out alot. ------ Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"Admin" wrote:
[b]Mods to the slaughter[/b]

I see, instead of the animals, this year we are offering Admins.

Lambs must be running out.

Omrow

"Hayder" wrote:
Quote:
[b]EDIT: Discussion of moderator identities is not welcome and it is not an option! ------- Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

stick this in the moderating thread......im not happy :evil:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

:shock: Admin! how come Hayder's thred has been deleted?!

and that reminds me of a question u failed to answer:

whats the point of locking a thread if u have the ability to delete it? (note: i am not encouraging random deletion of threads... :roll:)

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

the only reasons to delete a thread are:

1. The mod is feeling lazy.
2. EVERY single post is to be deleted with a reason
3. 'This topic did not happen' attitude...

A topic is locked when it is a good topic, but it has been taken in a certain direction which should not be gone down, and the mod is not feeling lazy, and cleans the posts...

For hayders topic, it was reason 1.

I do not feel like moderating anything anymore... let everyone be at everyones throats.

I'll provide the cutlasses.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
the only reasons to delete a thread are:

1. The mod is feeling lazy.
2. EVERY single post is to be deleted with a reason
3. 'This topic did not happen' attitude...

A topic is locked when it is a good topic, but it has been taken in a certain direction which should not be gone down, and the mod is not feeling lazy, and cleans the posts...

For hayders topic, it was reason 1.

I do not feel like moderating anything anymore... let everyone be at everyones throats.

I'll provide the cutlasses.

and when u delete a thread, is that it i.e. u can never bring it back?

true.

Its a non-reversible process.

"Admin" wrote:
true.

Its a non-reversible process.

:roll:

well in that case i think any mod who takes advantage of that option due to laziness is guilty of gross negligence. :evil: [size=7](hayduh look wot uv done to my vocab!)[/size]

it is not acceptable, no matter how 'dejected' one is feeling. there is a reason behind why moderators exist.

if a moderator is not doing a good job or is biased, he/she(?!) should not be in that position at all.

sorry to slate u guys, but you've really been slacking recently... :?

True.

Guilty as charged.

"Admin" wrote:
True.

Guilty as charged.

[size=7]if it makes u feel any less 'dejected', i think ur the best moderator out of the group.[/size]

Smile

thanks. It brought a smile to me.

But I am the only mod you know. I am getting the credit for the hard work of others.

"Admin" wrote:
But I am the only mod you know. I am getting the credit for the hard work of others.

did u mean to say u are 'not' the only mod? Fool

There are more Mods than what can be counted on the fingers of one hand...

No idea how often they are on though...

"Admin" wrote:

y so many? :? i dont think theres THAT big a need, and surely that would just complicate things further...

and yeh, i know ur not the only mod, thats y i was trying to correct u - in ur previous post u sed 'I am the only mod'...

Quote:
[b]If you could draw up a list of "Dos and Don'ts", that would help out alot. ------ Judge, Jury, and Executioner[/b]

Follow the above.

Towe me into place when needed.

Delete Omrows posts when he crosses the line instead of editting.

For everyone else, try to edit instead of deleting... always leave a message. You can have your unique sigs that you have atm... even though I have no idea who uses what.

and from now, back to a bit of law and order. Cut out the personal attacks.

All the above is if you feel like it.

I certainly don't.

"Admin" wrote:

I certainly don't.

:roll: u just undermined the rest of ur post with that^!

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

y so many? :? i dont think theres THAT big a need, and surely that would just complicate things further...

and yeh, i know ur not the only mod, thats y i was trying to correct u - in ur previous post u sed 'I am the only mod'...

They have been told to allow everything unless its blasphemous, or a personal attack...

The reason for so many was before people used to complain if something was not immediately deleted.

I would not mind seeing what this place would be like with no moderation whatsoever.

I am certain people will be fred to grow up, and because they WANT to be here, will start to be pleasant... after no one is forcing anyone here...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

I certainly don't.

:roll: u just undermined the rest of ur post with that^!

when I say I feel dejected, I mean it.

The mods are volunteers. They are volunteering to try and keep order.

"Admin" wrote:
when I say I feel dejected, I mean it.

The mods are volunteers. They are volunteering to try and keep order.

and as far as i'm aware, there has been no major 'disorder' unless u count the shi'a thread as that. i'm sure uv had much worse moderating hurdles in the past, like exHT and Naz vs. Omrow.

did the shi'a thread make u 'dejected'?

There has been worse.

No doubt.

"Admin" wrote:
There has been worse.

No doubt.

see, thats enuf reason to drop the 'dejectedness'. Smile

aaaaand....

[b][size=23][color=red]I[/color][color=orange]T[/color][color=brown]'[/color][color=green]S[/color] [color=olive]E[/color][color=blue]I[/color][color=violet]D[/color][color=indigo]![/color][color=darkred]![/color][color=cyan]![/color][/size][/b]
[img]

[size=7](ok i have nothing to celebrate as my dad's abroad and i have an exam tomorrow, so that^ better make u happy!)[/size]

Not for me.
Stupid idiots can never agree on a single date.

All the more for feeling dejected!

(thanks for trying though)

At work this woman I sold a phone to asked me about eid. I had to explain this whole mess...

"Admin" wrote:
Not for me.
Stupid idiots can never agree on a single date.

All the more for feeling dejected!

(thanks for trying though)

At work this woman I sold a phone to asked me about eid. I had to explain this whole mess...

:roll: oh great.

wel where i am we've known for a couple of days now that Eid's gonna b tomorrow, most ppl i know are doing it tomorrow if tht helps u make up ur mind. (i know u want to follow ur mosque, but there's bound to be one in ur city doing Eid Salaah tomorrow).

Course there are.

But you cannot pick and choose.

I have to do it when my local does it. No choice really.

"Admin" wrote:
Course there are.

But you cannot pick and choose.

I have to do it when my local does it. No choice really.

y not? there's no such thing as a 'local' really is there? i mean mosques are open to everyone, as long as u go to one inside ur own CITY, surely thats ok?

Is that not just like picking and choosing which parts of which fiqh to follow?

You cannot do that...

Besides I do not know who is wrong, and who is right.

"Admin" wrote:
Is that not just like picking and choosing which parts of which fiqh to follow?

You cannot do that...

Besides I do not know who is wrong, and who is right.

surely u have more than one Hanafi mosque in ur city? :?

And most are doing it on wednesday...

oh ok... wotever. Sad

i have to get up at 7 for an exam that starts at 9, so dunno wot i'm doing here. :?

everyone plz pray that i know all the answers in that exam paper. Sad

JazaakAllah Khair,
wassalaam.

Ameen.

And enjoy your eid.

Now get off to bed.

Pages