Mods to the slaughter

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

Message to mods:

The Eid Mubarak Topic should be heavily Modded.

Nothing negative should be allowed.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Message to mods:

The Eid Mubarak Topic should be heavily Modded.

[b]Nothing negative should be allowed.[/b]

oops

Salam

As we can all see everyone dislikes deletions of posts after they have been read by everyone.

Med has done it many times.

This is leading to some distress among the members.

Fuzzy is getting dizzy.

Polo is confused.

Furbal is pissed.

New Dusty woman is clueless.

And Beast is losing it.

Basically, the people dont like posts being deleted.

Admin. Why dont you consider this:

I suggest members should be denied to delete or amend their posts after, say, three hours. Many other forums have such a policy.

After three hours, if someone wants to make some amendments, they would have to send a request to the Admin. She will then decide the matter.

Med posting things and then deleting them has to stop.

Omrow

I would rather Med sort this out than making it official policy...

If it needs to be done, I will consider it.

For the time being, if its important enough, just quote the relevant bits...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Omrow" wrote:
New Dusty woman is clueless.

if u STILL think i'm 'new', ur the one who is clueless... :roll:

i have read all of Med's posts that were deleted. in most places beast dealt with him properly b4 he got the chance to delete. ppl have replied to other posts of his days before he decided to delete them.

overall its a good point - however, how wud this idea of omrow's work, since strictly speaking, we don't have the ability to 'delete' posts anyway, we 'edit' them. So to stop wot Med is doing, admin wud have to take away our ability to edit posts... which could potentially be a problem.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I personally think each mod should have a personal account and the facility to sign-in with two accounts ie ordinary member account and mod account. That way we can know who edited our posts, so admin/ed/JJE/phantom mod/new kid on block should be have diff. accounts and when they edit a post it should clearly say who done it.

Last time mine was edited and no one wrote anythin underneath to say who had edited it, i was not happy :evil:

"Angel" wrote:
I personally think each mod should have a personal account and the facility to sign-in with two accounts ie ordinary member account and mod account. That way we can know who edited our posts, so admin/ed/JJE/phantom mod/new kid on block should be have diff. accounts and when they edit a post it should clearly say who done it.

Last time mine was edited and no one wrote anythin underneath to say who had edited it, i was not happy :evil:

should hav asked.

seek and ye shall find

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

should hav asked.

seek and ye shall find

I did ask :evil:

Admin brushed it off as me imagining things that weren't there! :evil:

"Angel" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

should hav asked.

seek and ye shall find

I did ask :evil:

Admin brushed it off as me imagining things that weren't there! :evil:

lol,

shud hav kicked up a fuss then if the edit was uncalled for.
but usually it is.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

lol,

but usually it is.

I did! i demanded and explanation even muslimsis backed me up but Admin just ignored me - he's really good at that! I think Admin should rember the job he was assigned to ie Admin cuz he always forgets, he has more posts than most members on this forum even ME! :shock: :twisted:

"Angel" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

lol,

but usually it is.

I did! i demanded and explanation even muslimsis backed me up but Admin just ignored me - he's really good at that! I think Admin should rember the job he was assigned to ie Admin cuz he always forgets, he has more posts than most members on this forum even ME! :shock: :twisted:

lol,

Well Admin as you can imagine most of Admins friends are prob online... bless him.
I agree all edits should hav the name of the Mod on there to say they were the ones to edit it. Usually its obvious whose done it, but i suppose at times you cant tell.
If i were to hazard a guess, id say it wasnt Admin who eddited your post otherwise he would have responded and said why as he does with Omrows posts. Its most likely one of the other Mods IMO (MrEd, NewModOnTheBlock, Phantom)?? As to which one... your guess is as good as mine.

Back in BLACK

There was NOT any edit of those posts!

I was online when you posted them. I was rather surprised that you had shot yourself in the foot...

It was late and probably a lack of sleep.

I was the only mod online at that time (as far as I know), and I never touched anything.

The other mods do leave their sigs after editing.

I try to do so aswell.

"Admin" wrote:
There was NOT any edit of those posts!

I was online when you posted them. I was rather surprised that you had shot yourself in the foot...

It was late and probably a lack of sleep.

I was the only mod online at that time (as far as I know), and I never touched anything.

The other mods do leave their sigs after editing.

I try to do so aswell.

ADMIN dont argue with me. A certain post had been edited and it said

"i am your humble servant">>this was in regards to Duhboy, i wouldnt ever say that! (its in no topic somewhere)

To avoid confusion the mod shud tell that he/she has edited a post and right their silly names underneath it ie admin/ed/phanto/new-dumbo-on-block - its the least mods can do since they wana remain anonymous!

"Angel" wrote:

/new-dumbo-on-block - !

LOL

girl its GOOD to have u back

Mwah!

X

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

/new-dumbo-on-block - !

LOL

girl its GOOD to have u back

Mwah!

X

Thanks and its damn good to be bak

Been readin over the few threads, can see you have been doin a good job keepin the ahlul cavemen in check Wink

"Angel" wrote:

Been readin over the few threads, can see you have been doin a good job keepin the ahlul cavemen in check Wink

Well I try. Dirol Dirol Dirol

from ahlul cavemen they've been reduced to Ahlul U turns-thats why a lot of deleting has been taking place

but I best shut up now-Mr Admin will be on my case again :roll:

Admin: When you type why does it go to a simple header and then jumps to the main page? Whats the point of this header-only page? I dont get it.

That page serves no purpose.

Should just let it jump to therevivals main page straight away.

Back in BLACK

I bave heard posts have been disappearing.

I have not deleted any.

If posts have gone missing without explanation for anyone, post below.

The if a mod deleted them, PM me letting me know.

I need to know wether it is moderating, or wether wehave a problem here with the software...

"Admin" wrote:
I bave heard posts have been disappearing.

I have not deleted any.

If posts have gone missing without explanation for anyone, post below.

The if a mod deleted them, PM me letting me know.

I need to know wether it is moderating, or wether wehave a problem here with the software...

lol u got a problem wid ur software

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of my posts r being deleted.

Admin how much moeny does the revival cost?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

Salam

Many of my posts on various topics are missing.

They have been mysteriously removed. I don't know why.

No explanation has been given. Not even the usual [b]DELETED ENTIRELY[/b] sign.

Could it be the Jinns who are doing this.

Or, perhaps someone is being influenced by the rendition process.

Omrow

Admin did say that there may have been posts missing, it could be other mods deletin them (which isnt likely to be the case, plus i dont think ALL your posts are abusive, whereas judda budda's post deletions are not surprisin!) also he said there could be a problem with the system?

Admin what if someone has hacked into the forum :shock:

It seems that only Omrow's posts are affected.

I will change the advice to the mods now.

If you edit Omrows post, instead of totally deleting it, just deleted his text, and replace with [deleted by Mods]

(Omrow it seems the Mods listened to your request by the letter...)

They wanted to leave no trace of their crime. Or whatever.

"Omrow" wrote:
They wanted to leave no trace of their crime. Or whatever.

LOL

feel free to take it personally :twisted:

but I havent noticed any deleting-nor have I noticed u saying anything stupid recently

maybe ur imagining it

old age must be catching up on u

You haven't "noticed anything" because they have benn deleting things within a few minutes after posting.

"Omrow" wrote:
You haven't "noticed anything" because they have benn deleting things within a few minutes after posting.

exactly. good. ur the one who asked for them to be completely deleted so stop complaining.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
EXCUSE ME MOD!!! i thought we'd sorted this out in the Mods thread - u guys arent meant to edit our posts without leaving a message behind!! :evil: i'd never use that phrase!! :roll:

[b]EDIT: You used a phrase very unbecoming of a lady --------- ThePhantomMod [/b]

:roll: how sexist! ur beginning to sound like omrow... :evil: i have edited my post. dont do that again.

ADMIN.

i think u should get rid of the PhantomMod account. we should be able to assign the faults of a moderator to the particular person at fault - not him, and possibly 6 other people.

and it seems to me that a moderator, or all of u, are taking advantage of this account to moderate when its not that necessary - when u could get blasted for it by a member or another moderator.

After Omrow and Judda, i am probably the third most edited member, tho i have no idea y half the time. its ALWAYS the PhantomMod, and whichever one of u does the editing, never leaves a note of it behind.

i've had about enough of this censorship so please do something about it.

The Dusty woman is right. And as she is new here, please don't modify her too severely.

"Omrow" wrote:
The Dusty woman is right. And as she is new here, please don't modify her too severely.

Dusty woman, have you ever had anything [i]important[/i] edited?

"Beast" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

Dusty woman, have you ever had anything [i]important[/i] edited?

can u plz not call me that.

to answer ur question: it started off with completely unimportant things being deleted, and then when i protested, my post was deleted - so the latter was important. but the former wasnt, which just makes the editing of it even more pointless.

Pages