Al-Burāq, the mythological steed

141 posts / 0 new
Last post

Differences and allowing differences are a strength not a weakness.

This is something that the western world took a further milenium to figure out when after many wars it decided that killing everyone from a slightly different understanding didnt work out too well.

On the other hand, this was allowed by Muslims more or less from the start where differences were tolerated.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Abu Bakr was unanimously chosen as caliph.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

You wrote:
Differences and allowing differences are a strength not a weakness

Muslims are not good at that, today a shia alim was killed in KHI and people were on the streets
a few years back in nishtar park a lot of sunni alims were killed again 1 is going to blame the other

In UK some Muslims don't pray at the same Mosque I have seen that with my own eyes

You wrote:

This is something that the western world took a further milenium to figure out when after many wars it decided that killing everyone from a slightly different understanding didnt work out too well.

OK, but Muslims are 1 UMMAH "Hum Aik Hain" so it should have never happened in the first place

You wrote:

On the other hand, this was allowed by Muslims more or less from the start where differences were tolerated.

I don't know for sure so I will take your word for it

My English is not very good

lollywood wrote:
OK, but Muslims are 1 UMMAH "Hum Aik Hain" so it should have never happened in the first place

Unity is not having only one opinion, but tolerating the differences.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:

Unity is not having only one opinion, but tolerating the differences.

I think you got that from the west

you - it goes all the way back to early Muslim society. read all about it in the link.

You wrote:
you - it goes all the way back to early Muslim society. read all about it in the link.

It's waaaaay too long, will read it tomorrow

The only Itehad we're ever going have is Itehad airways

We?

If there ever was a metaphorical circle, you are standing outside of it.

You wrote:
We?

If there ever was a metaphorical circle, you are standing outside of it.

Ouch! I felt that

Why?

You dont accept or believe in Islam.

You wrote:
Why?

You dont accept or believe in Islam.

Why can't we unite on other issues?
Polities
Entertainment

because that isnt what we/you were talking about before, but religious unity.

your idealised ethics and morals are different to mine.

You wrote:
because that isnt what we/you were talking about before, but religious unity.

we can do, then would I fit in this circle

You wrote:

your idealised ethics and morals are different to mine.

Tolerance?

Let me ask you a stupid question
What if the law of a ccountry said
I'm only going to let you in x country if you share my ethics and morals if you don't then sorry
how would you feel?

I would try to avoid going there.

You wrote:
I would try to avoid going there.

How would you feel about not being let in?

if I am not going there, not being let in wont be a problem for me.

Haha aw, You and Lollywood's flirty banter is quite cute.

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

Rawrrs_isarollingstone wrote:
Haha aw, You and Lollywood's flirty banter is quite cute.

SHUSSSHHH admin's going to back in his hole!!!

You wrote:
if I am not going there, not being let in wont be a problem for me.

SPOT ON!! who cares about this sissy country!! I GOT THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! daym Woody, you're so closed minded!!! open up. if a door closes here, another opens there. and dude. they just too uncool for us if their closing door. Hence why we ditch France and boycott Israel Dirol

Lilly wrote:

SPOT ON!! who cares about this sissy country!! I GOT THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!

What did you say?

Pages