Al-Burāq, the mythological steed

Al-Burāq (Arabic: البُراق‎ al-Burāq "lightning") is a mythological steed, described as a creature from the heavens which transported the prophets. The most commonly told story is how in the 7th century, Al-Buraq carried the Islamic prophet Muhammad (SAW) from Mecca to Jerusalem and back during the Isra and Mi'raj or "Night Journey", which is the title of one of the chapters (sura), Al-Isra, of the Qur'an.

While the Buraq is almost always portrayed with a human face in far-eastern and Persian art, no Hadiths or early Islamic references allude to it having a humanoid face. This, which found its way into Indian and Persian Islamic art, may have been influenced by a misrepresentation or translation from Arabic to Persian of texts and stories describing the winged steed as a "... beautiful faced creature."

An excerpt from a translation of Sahih al-Bukhari describes Al-Buraq:

"...Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me." ... "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. ..."

—Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari[1]

After reading this I want to become a murtad fitri's

My English is not very good

You want to become what?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
You want to become what?

a murtad fitri

He is saying he wants to reject Islam.

I am sure there is a door somewhere around here.

It's not locked.

EDIT - apostasy is rejecting Islam after having at some point accepted it. I think that may be a challenge here.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
He is saying he wants to reject Islam.

I am sure there is a door somewhere around here.

It's not locked.

Ok, I'm going to become a munafiq lie to my family that I do believe in Islam but secretly I don't, it’s difficult to denounce your religion when both your parents are deeply religious and believe in every word of the quran

You wrote:

EDIT - apostasy is rejecting Islam after having at some point accepted it. I think that may be a challenge here.

I did in the past without questioning it

Commiserations.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

ThE pOwEr Of SiLeNcE wrote:
Commiserations.

What a huge typo:)
you mean congratulations

Oh my bad

Is your life that pathetic and sad that you are posing as a Muslim on the internet where no one knows you or gives a crap about you?

Noor wrote:
Is your life that pathetic and sad that you are posing as a Muslim on the internet where no one knows you or gives a crap about you?

Most people don’t give out their real names on the Internet

lollywood wrote:
Noor wrote:

Most people don’t give out their real names on the Internet

What on Earth??

cant believe this dude. its not ur parents u should be worried about! cant believe the way u came out with it!

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

so hmm..why did this particular event make you want to reject Islam?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Does this mean we can execute him, being an apostate and all?

"Verily, in the remembrance of Allah, do hearts find rest"

Lilly wrote:
so hmm..why did this particular event make you want to reject Islam?

Because it sounds like a fairy tale

bilan wrote:
Does this mean we can execute him, being an apostate and all?

How could you think like that?

Its not like you are a useful member of this world. Its called a drive for efficiency.

Pitchforks at dawn.

We have a bonfire to build.

Yeeeehawww.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You wrote:
Its not like you are a useful member of this world. Its called a drive for efficiency.

Pitchforks at dawn.

We have a bonfire to build.

Yeeeehawww.

Think of all the damage that you're going to be causing

When Abu Jahal heard about this from the mouth of Rasool Sallalahu Allahi Wassalam he rejected it, when Abu Bakr RA heard this incident from the mouth of Abu Jahal he immediately accepted it.

I just heard this in a lecture recently, how you caste aside your reasoning when Rasool Sallalhu Allaihi Wassalam says something, my own logic may deceive me but the words of Rasool Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam never will. If Rasool Sallalhu Allaihi Wassalam told me the sky is red and I could clearly see it was blue I would doubt my eyesight than his word. May Allah Swt guide us. Ameen.

The Pied Piper wrote:
When Abu Jahal heard about this from the mouth of Rasool Sallalahu Allahi Wassalam he rejected it, when Abu Bakr RA heard this incident from the mouth of Abu Jahal he immediately accepted it.

I just heard this in a lecture recently, how you caste aside your reasoning when Rasool Sallalhu Allaihi Wassalam says something, my own logic may deceive me but the words of Rasool Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam never will. If Rasool Sallalhu Allaihi Wassalam told me the sky is red and I could clearly see it was blue I would doubt my eyesight than his word. May Allah Swt guide us. Ameen.

ameen.

we cant practise shariah law here. we'll have to smuggle him out to the international waters. then bury him OsamaBinLaden style!

yeeehaww!

and i missed dawn...sad sad..so did Bilan. she's SO LAZY! i dont think she's awake still.

The Pied Piper wrote:
If Rasool Sallalhu Allaihi Wassalam told me the sky is red and I could clearly see it was blue I would doubt my eyesight than his word. May Allah Swt guide us. Ameen.

That just says it all

Lilly wrote:
we cant practise practice shariah law here.

You wouldn't be allowed to do anything if we had shariah law here

Lilly wrote:

we'll have to smuggle him out to the international waters. then bury him OsamaBinLaden style!

yeeehaww!

You guys are so wicked

lollywood wrote:

You guys are so wicked

That's us Moslems for ya

Valkyrie wrote:
lollywood wrote:

You guys are so wicked

That's us Moslems for ya

It's MoZlemz actually. get it right geeeez!

and naah dont worry, any rules on women oppression wouldbe thrown out the window when we get an apostate! tis eid i say! EIDDDDD

who spells it as mozlemz?!

the only myth here is you lollywood, who are yo kiddin are we supposed to belive u were a muslim to begin with. you behave ok dandy as a muslim on the forum , then bam all of a sudden a barrage of new threads all by you, all controversial, all seemingly innocent. all making bold statements then vehemently defending your muslim status . but today you say you reject islam. i think you were never muslim to begin with just a hoax.

btw no muslim even american muslims don't type mozlem, its part of usa american propaganda dictionary, like eyerack, its a huuuge giveaway.

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

eyerack? what's that? :S

iraq thats wat bush calls it eyerack loool

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

oh lol I get it now. I thought they pronounced it like that cuz of their accents :/

Pages