How Fit Are You?

119 posts / 0 new
Last post

try fruit smoothie for breakfast... it really perks u up.... and u is less likely to fall to sleep in class.... avoid tuna, u can get mercury poisoning if u have it too often…. Try using dumbbells… eat more tomatoes it increases the number of little soldiers u have (hint, hint Ed)… avoid burgers they make u feel sluggish, try protein powder-that works.

Shabs I keep falling off my gym ball and each time I use it I feel dizzy :?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Judda" wrote:
Shabs I keep falling off my gym ball and each time I use it I feel dizzy :?

Dizzy?

Are you not used to exercise?

Well...you're not using it properly. Make your lower back is fully supported. Relax. Don't let the ball move while you're using it either. And don't use it fast-go slow.

How old are you?

my mum was giving me a lecture last night about my really bad eating habits

she was saying u eat too many sweets, chocs, fizzy drinks etc u always refuse fresh home cooked meals

she said I'm going to be fat in my 20's

if such a day ever comes I'll just join the gym

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
my mum was giving me a lecture last night about my really bad eating habits

she was saying u eat too many sweets, chocs, fizzy drinks etc u always refuse fresh home cooked meals

she said I'm going to be fat in my 20's

if such a day ever comes I'll just join the gym

lol...i often think that

feelin really gloated coz i had a double chicken burger meal :oops:

but i reckon its justified by the fact i played footy 2wice in 2 days.....but i needa lose wieght Sad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I'm ADDICTED to junk food

esp coke-cant live without that stuff

the day my teeth go bad or I start to gain weight is when I'll start stressing

people say don't they-that u can eat what u want when ur young and it wont matter

problems arise in ur mid 20's (thats when u begin to put on weight etc)

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

isnt it better to stop that from happenin tho?

my grandad is failry old.........but hes one healthy dude. no medication or special requirements like most old folks need....and thatz coz he kept a healthy diet all his life

he HAS to have his 2 roti's on time......otherwise thiers trouble

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I am seriously unfit, teh problem with me is I work in season, in the summer i eat less and exercise more, winter i do nothing and eat loads, For the rest of the year i mix it up. Which isn't good for my body.

But it is a lifestyle question, because if you eating junk and are in a habit of eating it, it will catch up with you. It is best to get into the habit of eating bland food, in the long term it work best. Always carry a bottle of water with you. Also try to take in as much calories as you need for any 2-3 hours, thus avoiding big meals.

He some good islamic sites about Mental and Health issues

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

isnt it better to stop that from happenin tho?

my grandad is failry old.........but hes one healthy dude. no medication or special requirements like most old folks need....and thatz coz he kept a healthy diet all his life

he HAS to have his 2 roti's on time......otherwise thiers trouble

our grandparents were from a diff time

they were brought up eating fresh good stuff

by dads teeth are weak (cos he's been smoking all his life)

but all my grandparents can crack walnuts with their teeth :shock: :shock:

Salaam

I was sitting in Nescafe Coffee shop with my sister today drinking a caramel cappuccino with three sugars and sharing a hot chocolate fudge cake with cream….and having a discussion on healthy eating.

I so badly need to become more fit…I only realised how unfit I was when I was running late for work a few days ago…I only ran up the road and was gasping for breath when I got in the school.

I don’t even know how to increase my physical stamina.

I don’t want to or need to lose weight…so I’m not sure if changing my eating habits will be the answer or if I should exercise…and I’m not sure what kind of exercise I should do….cos like I said. I don’t want to lose weight either.

How on Earth does a person increase their physical stamina? You know...do strenous stuff without getting breathless.

Or should I get myself checked out for Asthma? :?

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I don’t want to or need to lose weight…so I’m not sure if changing my eating habits will be the answer or if I should exercise…and I’m not sure what kind of exercise I should do….cos like I said. I don’t want to lose weight either.

How on Earth does a person increase their physical stamina? You know...do strenous stuff without getting breathless.

seriously in same positon.....i know im unfit but dont need to lose weight aswell, so i dont know how to go about that one aswell

as for you getting checked out for asthma i think you should go for it...its always better to get yourself checked out....maybe its in you family?

asthmas high in my family both my sisters have it...and many cousins ..
alhamdulillah im free from it ,had a health check recently..

shame on all the unhealthy fat/skinny young muslim youths, train yourselfs up and dont be fat lazy bums, or skinny junkie looking idiots

keep your body strong in mind, body and faith

"RAF786" wrote:
shame on all the unhealthy fat/skinny young muslim youths, train yourselfs up and dont be fat lazy bums, or skinny junkie looking idiots

keep your body strong in mind, body and faith

and shame on the vain ones.

:twisted:

(I agree that we should try to be healhty. Even me!)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"naj" wrote:

as for you getting checked out for asthma i think you should go for it...its always better to get yourself checked out....maybe its in you family?

Yeh, my baby sister has it..

Does it run in the family?

I'll see the doctor this week. I think its been over ten years since I visited the docter. :?

GP's and hospitals are depressing places.

"naj" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

seriously in same positon.....i know im unfit but dont need to lose weight aswell, so i dont know how to go about that one aswell

asthmas high in my family both my sisters have it...and many cousins ..
alhamdulillah im free from it ,had a health check recently..

if u keep up a healthy diet - eat everything, but in moderation - and exercise at the same time, then inshaAllah u wont lose weight guys. Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

Yeh, my baby sister has it..

Does it run in the family?

I'll see the doctor this week. I think its been over ten years since I visited the docter. :?

GP's and hospitals are depressing places.

im not sure.....i thought it ran in the family, all i know its been passed through my generation..

muslim sister you must be kidding! u havent been to see a GP for over 10 years...? just dont ever make a mistake of not seeing your GP.Even though theres nothing wrong, you should go for a regular check-up.I say this because my dad hadent been for a long time so therefore didnt have much of a record,when he got really ill the hosplitals couldnt figure out what was wrong...they checked his old records and realised he hadent had blood pressure check for years and years...he had high blood pressure and it caused his kidneys to shrink....and not work

so yes please do visit your GP a.s.a.p

"*DUST*" wrote:
if u keep up a healthy diet - eat everything, but in moderation - and exercise at the same time, then inshaAllah u wont lose weight guys. Smile

just cant hack fruits and vegetables.....more of a junk fooder!

the last time i had water...er probably 3 weeks ago..

but seriously i need to start doing something about myself.

its not about losing weight but just feeling more healthy..

Run around and have fun.
Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

I am soo unfit which is why i have decided that i am gona exercise, when that is gona happen is still to be decided. I need motivation plus i need to lose weight :evil:

I need to get fit n work off all the crisps and burgers *yum* - I tend to eat more junk food during the cold months :? ne1 else the same?

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Alisha" wrote:
I need to get fit n work off all the crisps and burgers *yum* - I tend to eat more junk food during the cold months :? ne1 else the same?

thats me all year round...

but i atleast i tend to drink water in the summer.

yea, frozen drinks in summer are bliss Smile I'm always munching on ice cubes though - all year round :!: does anyone else have an icecube addiction Lol

"Alisha" wrote:
yea, frozen drinks in summer are bliss Smile I'm always munching on ice cubes though - all year round :!: does anyone else have an icecube addiction Lol

dont your teeth hurt ? ouch

Sometimes I get tooth pain, but mostly it ok. Mum and dad keep saying that my teeth will fall out if I carry on Sad

"Alisha" wrote:
Sometimes I get tooth pain, but mostly it ok. Mum and dad keep saying that my teeth will fall out if I carry on Sad

yea parents are like that...lol

they alwayz at my brothers head when it comes to chocolates..

but i can imagine that pain...if i have to cold stuff i get a propa bad toothache and i havent even yet got a dentist

just use sensodyne Blum 3

"Alisha" wrote:
just use sensodyne Blum 3

u must be joking....

i remember there being a time when i used to have bad toothaches, cant remember the cause...someone recommended that paste,didnt do jack.

i used clove oil instead worked wonders Wink

"naj" wrote:

i remember there being a time when i used to have bad toothaches, cant remember the cause...someone recommended that paste,didnt do jack.

I used to have bad teeth aches too...I'd just lie on the sofa all day. I really cant hack pain.

And I remember using clove oil for relief. Thats the one with the strong smell isnt it?

It really does work.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"naj" wrote:

I used to have bad teeth aches too...I'd just lie on the sofa all day. I really cant hack pain.

And I remember using clove oil for relief. Thats the one with the strong smell isnt it?

It really does work.

yea its got an awful smell......the oil is quite strong aswell, its best to dilute it i believe....once i used it undiluted and it caused my gums to swell.

its best for toothaches.

Pages