How Fit Are You?

119 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Try and keep off the kebabs and samosas lol.

noooooooooooooooooooooo....i cant do it... i give up! lol Wink

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

"Admin" wrote:
I thought this thread was about 'fitness', not 'fatness'.

You can be thin and still be unhealthy...

yeah thats me cant even walk a flight of stairs without huffin and puffin Biggrin
use to walk everyday to college but now its buses to uni and drivin down to town at weekends an even ma local morrisons which is a 5 min walk

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Amber" wrote:
"As they say healthy body healthy mind."

Advice on losing weight is go to Pakistan at the end of May, beginning of June, boy you lose weight really quickly, been there done that Wink

na best bet is go june/july come bk end of august an you defo lose weight trust me Biggrin
peeps in pak r so healthy probs coz they all work in the beatin sun and walkin everywhere instead of drivin or gettin buses. Oh yeah an the fact your drinkin water all day coz its hot fills ur stomach so you got no room for food. So any fattys out there i suggest you book a one way ticket to paki land this summer. Biggrin

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
true

some people think that skinny people dont need to get fit

that aint tru at all

gtting fit and losing weight are two diff things

yeah defo got to agree wiv you there. an Saadia your so rite bout peeps given you weird looks bout goin gym, peeps think gym is to lose weight but you can go to get fit.

"Naz" wrote:
"Amber" wrote:

Advice on losing weight is go to Pakistan at the end of May, beginning of June, boy you lose weight really quickly, been there done that Wink

na best bet is go june/july come bk end of august an you defo lose weight trust me Biggrin
peeps in pak r so healthy probs coz they all work in the beatin sun and walkin everywhere instead of drivin or gettin buses. Oh yeah an the fact your drinkin water all day coz its hot fills ur stomach so you got no room for food. So any fattys out there i suggest you book a one way ticket to paki land this summer. Biggrin

Oh right I thought Amber was talking about getting ill so that you can't eat. My enduring memory of India is having a meal then going outside to sit on the Manji and wait for it to come back up, I was like a cow only I didn't eat it once i'd puked it up. Plus I wasn't loud to drink any of the milk their. Cray 2

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

i try not to think about weight issues...

its depressin and makes u feel even more fatter then u already r Cray 2

i've tried nearly every diet ever known, none of them work, becoz as soon as u think ur thin enuf, its back to eating junk and u end up fatter then before

i really need to join a gym instead of whinging i s'pose

ive had enough of turning up to my lessons at college, looking like ive run the national marathon, when ive only walked up 1 flight of stairs

it can get 2 u after a while :evil:

I was doin fine with losing weight until ramadan (u knw how it is, fried food. ie samosa etc) but b4 ramdan i used to only drink water/orange juice and have food like salad sandwich and avoid eatin sweets and choco's, it helped a lot.

I felt i had lost weight but i think i gained it over ramdan (not cuz i ate too much but cuz i ate the wrong kind of food)

Looks like its back to healthy eatin which means no choco's/crisps/sweets etc Sad Cray 2 Sad Cray 2

"Amber" wrote:

yea i believe that works...1 of my sis went pakiland in summer just ta lose weight and she came back unrecognisable..LOL was shocked how she managed to lose that weight,

BUT i dont know how some PPL like my bro who is virtually a stick tends to stay the same even though he mostly has takeouts and eat LOADS of junk food..i mean if that was me i'd be a balloon.

but i have to watch what i eat in order to stay thin...but i see im thin and not very healthy...cant drink water , or have fruit or salads

"naj" wrote:
"Amber" wrote:

yea i believe that works...1 of my sis went pakiland in summer just ta lose weight and she came back unrecognisable..LOL was shocked how she managed to lose that weight,

BUT i dont know how some PPL like my bro who is virtually a stick tends to stay the same even though he mostly has takeouts and eat LOADS of junk food..i mean if that was me i'd be a balloon.

but i have to watch what i eat in order to stay thin...but i see im thin and not very healthy...cant drink water , or have fruit or salads

It just depends on your metabolism, somes works faster than others...hence they can eat and eat but i wont show on their body as it will be broken down easily etc. (dont wana go into detail)

i actually wieghed myself :oops:

now i know why i purposely avoided the scales Sad

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

LOL i feel sorry for u overweightys who tryin ta lose weight...i bet u still dont avoid the fatty foods lol then complain

i knw anoda fatso ere they betta start losin weight fast or they wont be lookin right on their wedding.

I don’t have a weight problem but I feel very unhealthy at times…when I’m hungry I just order myself a take away….I often miss breakfast (which is a meal that you should never miss in the day)….and I feel that my physical stamina is weak.

But as Yash pointed out its very difficult for Muslim woman to be active in sports…most women only gyms are ridiculously over priced and its always stressful trying to sort our your attire for sports….its so difficult to do sports with hijaab…and even more difficult if you wear a jilbaab/Niqab.

But I did visit Esporta gym today…it made me realise just how unfit I was…And after the session I was so hungry so I ate loads of chocolate…that kinda defeats the objective don’t it?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I don’t have a weight problem but I feel very unhealthy at times…when I’m hungry I just order myself a take away….I often miss breakfast (which is a meal that you should never miss in the day)….and I feel that my physical stamina is weak.

But as Yash pointed out its very difficult for Muslim woman to be active in sports…most women only gyms are ridiculously over priced and its always stressful trying to sort our your attire for sports….its so difficult to do sports with hijaab…and even more difficult if you wear a jilbaab/Niqab.

But I did visit Esporta gym today…it made me realise just how unfit I was…And after the session I was so hungry so I ate loads of chocolate…that kinda defeats the objective don’t it?

lol re: the chocolate! Smile

its not all tht difficult doing sports with a hijaab/jilbaab etc. i know one hijabi and 2 jilbabis who bike, and i know loadsa jilbabis who play basketball every weekend, lol! and say for example summat like tennis or badminton, theres courts in most parks or sport centres and its easy to do in jilbaab and hijaab! Biggrin
things like biking do involve overcoming one's self-conciousness tho! Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:

Lol...I'm far too self-concious to go bike riding in my Hijaab and skirt...and I'm sure my skirt will get stuck in the back wheel of my bike... :?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

Lol...I'm far too self-concious to go bike riding in my Hijaab and skirt...and I'm sure my skirt will get stuck in the back wheel of my bike... :?

lol, dunno bout skirts! but my jilbabi mates who bike do have a fair amount of torn jilbabs! Wink

if ur not wearing jilbab tho, mayb itd b easier to bike in a long top over jeans?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:

if ur not wearing jilbab tho, mayb itd b easier to bike in a long top over jeans?

I used to wear jeans and long tops...but now I've moved on to long skirts...one day maybe I'll be a full time Jilbaabi...and then maybe one day I'lll be a full time Niqaabi..

I can't go back..jeans arent all that decent compared to skirts. But one can only ride a bike in jeans.

(I only wear jeans at home)

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

I used to wear jeans and long tops...but now I've moved on to long skirts...one day maybe I'll be a full time Jilbaabi...and then maybe one day I'lll be a full time Niqaabi..

I can't go back..jeans arent all that decent compared to skirts. But one can only ride a bike in jeans.

(I only wear jeans at home)

true. (unles u dont mind ur skirt/jilbaab getting a lil' ripped!) Wink

inshaAllah jilbaab shouldnt b too difficult a step for u then. best of luck in the transition. Smile

my sister wants me to go play badminton with her..........

too much moving around for me Lol

diffrence between me and her, shes committed to losin wieght

im not fat, jus piling it on gradually coz i still eat the same, but stopped working out

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

badminton is the BEST game in the world

dad taught us how to play-we all play like pro's

summer time is the best when u can spend all ur day in the park/garden playing badminton

its funny though when the shuttlecock gets stuck in the tree and someone has to climb up the tree to get it

It's not a game for fatty's :twisted:

I'm ace at this sport, I suspect darths sis is too that's why he's backed out claiming he can't be bothered Biggrin Darth prob thinks a shuttlecock is a concorde poor lad.

lol.....funny,.....but not true Smile

i try not to brag, SOME people get the wrong idea.........but i am very competitive, and really am good at all sports i take part in

footy, tennis, badminton, snooker to name a few

i dont play cricket tho, i only can bat!

but......one thing with me, i ONLY play to win - dont care if its big sis or lil bro....i really do take the game serious

i say, bring on my sister!

me a fatty? a chicken? yeah ryt!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

yep, definitely girls - badminton is loadsa fun! Biggrin

stop being lazy and go play hayduh!

Badminton is a cool game, fitness is not as important as the game IMO is based completely on wrist movement and placement. If the girl are worried about parah, play Squash, one of the most tiring game about and is played in my local sport centre in a close off room so no one can look in.

I understand where Hayder coming from, where sports are concern I am so competitive, even when I play with my 3 year nephew I never let him win . But that is one of the reason I stop playing sport, especially football as it can get intense and you get loads of little agruments plus I alway end up playing through a couple of prayers time. But definitely looking to get back into it in some sort of way.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

competitiveness is def a problem, i can get kinda violent about it sometimes

"Constantine" wrote:

Yeah that the problem I have as well, but I have to say I love it, sports wouldn't be the same with out that competitive edge and that killer instinct, you know when you see the ball and the other player in a 50/50 situation, but both your health and that player health come secondary to getting that ball no matter how many broken legs it involve. Sport wouldn't be the same without it.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"yuit" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

Yeah that the problem I have as well, but I have to say I love it, sports wouldn't be the same with out that competitive edge and that killer instinct, you know when you see the ball and the other player in a 50/50 situation, but both your health and that player health come secondary to getting that ball no matter how many broken legs it involve. Sport wouldn't be the same without it.

lol def... you can carry it too far though, i've intentionally malletted players on the field before, and in football there have been more than a few tackles above the waist.

It seems like a great idea at the time but when you hear about hospital visits later in the day you wonder if it's worth it.

Unless they really piss you off :twisted:

"Constantine" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

lol def... you can carry it too far though, i've intentionally malletted players on the field before, and in football there have been more than a few tackles above the waist.

It seems like a great idea at the time but when you hear about hospital visits later in the day you wonder if it's worth it.

Unless they really piss you off :twisted:

lol, i luckily escape a hospital visit so far.

Yeah I had my fair share of broken noses and injuries, so I gone pass the point of caring now. But saying that, you alway have a mutual competition with someone on the other side, so you play fair, as long as you give and willing to take it what you have given, it ain't a problem and after there a mutual respect and life goes back too normal.

You ain't talking about polo are you, because that ain't a sport, the horse is doing everything for you. honestly :roll:

[url=http//

Yea.. mutual respect goes right out the door when your team is way behind though ~ esp if theres nobody to blame but yourself.

Not to mention personal stuff can carry itself into the game (just think about that time you "accidentally" slide tackled X from behind).

And polo's definitely a sport ~ got the injuries to prove it.

I got overzealous once and lost my balance - got dragged about a hundred yards with my left spur caught in the stirrup, somehow I didn't get kicked but I got my leg all twisted up and had all kindsa fun medical probs.

lol think i'm gettin arthritis there too now - on top of my back which is messed up from football.

lol on a diff note you play squash?!

How the hell do you keep up with that, I tried once or twice and looked like a total idiot, not to mention it's so intense.

collapsed after 10 min

boys act like such babies if they are ever beaten at a game :roll:

boys and their huge ego's :roll:

Pages