How Fit Are You?

119 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Constantine" wrote:
lol on a diff note you play squash?!

How the hell do you keep up with that, I tried once or twice and looked like a total idiot, not to mention it's so intense.

collapsed after 10 min

So did I, :oops:

But my sporting days are behind me, the closest I come to sports is my Championship Manager, i addicted too it. So much so I was in a interview today and all i could think about was, whether Ronaldinho would able to operate behind the front two, as my current striker are banging in 50 goals a season between them and i don't want to break up the partnership, but Ronaldinho on over £60 grand a week, which is too much for a sub. He also becoming a bit restless as the his lack of opportunity, defending the title is much more stressful then winning it. Sad

And lilsis you right, losing is hard to take, I feel traumatise for well over a week and don't feel right till I get my own back. I still training up on pro evo, so i can beat my 11 year cousin who beat me last week. I don't think i will be able to take another week of him telling everyone he better then me :roll:

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

LilSis....you wont understand

when playing sports or any games, a mans pride is at stake

i agree with yuit, it dont matter who your playing or playing with..........ive often got really angry at my mates and my big bro when playing footy, wats the point playin if not to win??

all the injuries ive taken have been worth it too

footy - cant ever get enuff

p.s. CM is toooooooo addictive, for health reasons i stopped playing and forced myself to un-installing it Smile

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

you can't just win... it's gotta be an anihilation to be worth it

break arms and shins

lol...against rivals yes

against friends and family........you can lose it now n then, throw a few insults........but dont go to the extent to sliding in with a two-footed tackle! (despie the temptations....)

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
lol...against rivals yes

against friends and family........you can lose it now n then, throw a few insults........but dont go to the extent to sliding in with a two-footed tackle! (despie the temptations....)

Ahh friends and family get it.

When you are playing against them they are the enemy and must be destroyed.

Nothing personal ~ leave it all on the field.

Give em hell!

"yuit" wrote:
So much so I was in a interview today and all i could think about was, whether Ronaldinho would able to operate behind the front two,

:roll: So thats why u still cant get a job?

"flower" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:
So much so I was in a interview today and all i could think about was, whether Ronaldinho would able to operate behind the front two,

:roll: So thats why u still cant get a job?

I am actually officially employed unlike someone :roll: and it a brillant job. Just one problem, no hours not until after Christmas, where the young criminal when you need them since I had the job it been dead quiet which mean next to no hours, i thinking of starting up my own gang. :?

Also Hayder, never write off the two footed tackle, i call it the equaliser, i was told one important rule when learning the art of defending, [b]either the ball goes pass you or the player, but never both at the same time,[/b] i let every striker know that. :twisted: [/b]

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Sun Tzu and the Art of Soccer

"Constantine" wrote:
I got overzealous once and lost my balance - got dragged about a hundred yards with my left spur caught in the stirrup, somehow I didn't get kicked but I got my leg all twisted up and had all kindsa fun medical probs.

ouch. that doesnt sound like fun.

i got thrown off a horse twice before i learnt to keep my back ramrod straight... keeping ur balance in polo must be well hard!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
I got overzealous once and lost my balance - got dragged about a hundred yards with my left spur caught in the stirrup, somehow I didn't get kicked but I got my leg all twisted up and had all kindsa fun medical probs.

ouch. that doesnt sound like fun.

i got thrown off a horse twice before i learnt to keep my back ramrod straight... keeping ur balance in polo must be well hard!

lol... it certainly can be - especially if you are really pushing yourself

"yuit" wrote:

since I had the job it been dead quiet

:roll: i wonder why? how did the job interview go today then? U think u gona get the job? Ive been to only two job interviews and im already really fed up

"MuslimSister" wrote:

But as Yash pointed out its very difficult for Muslim woman to be active in sports…most women only gyms are ridiculously over priced and its always stressful trying to sort our your attire for sports….its so difficult to do sports with hijaab…and even more difficult if you wear a jilbaab/Niqab.

why not just make yourself a gym at home, if you got a spare celler work out, we got one at our house had a couple of exercise machines but nobody ever used them so gave them to ma uncle. Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"Naz" wrote:

why not just make yourself a gym at home, if you got a spare celler work out, we got one at our house had a couple of exercise machines but nobody ever used them so gave them to ma uncle. Biggrin

My brother has a few machines/weights in our shed...I tried his punching bag once and gave myself sore knuckles...

But thats not what I'm into...I want to go play badminton/go bike riding swimming etc etc

But I'm sorted now, as I've started to go with my mate to the gym on her guest pass.

"Constantine" wrote:
you and a punching bag?!

I'm highly strung at times...and since I hardly ever throw a fit I need to release my anger somehow...lol-But I won't be doing that again, it messes up your hands...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:
you and a punching bag?!

I'm highly strung at times...and since I hardly ever throw a fit I need to release my anger somehow...lol-But I won't be doing that again, it messes up your hands...

lol.. stick to pillows then

Actually don't It may make you more angry.

You know the thing you are hitting is not suffering. you want to traansfer your anger through pain.

Pillows will not help. Unless you are smothering someone... And I would not reccomend that.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Annette punches me in the stomach sometimes.

Seems to make her feel better.

Usually i've done something amazingly stupid - but sometimes it could be something minorly stupid plus a frustrating day

It feels better to hit a person.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Revenge" does little for me...

Exercise is the best way to get rid of built up frustrations.

"Constantine" wrote:
I figured you for a jogger

I've never jogged.

But I did use to sprint for my school.

Is it true that a raw egg mixed in cold milk gives you strength?

Is it not dangerous to eat raw eggs?

A lot of recipes require raw eggs but it is not fashionable because of health concerns over salmonella. Should be fine but I don't want to be responsible for you getting some gastro-intestinal nightmare. Eggs give you strength either way. If you want to be strong most food will do the trick.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"MuslimSister" wrote:

No it aint true… it tastes yucky as well… eating raw eggs is really bad for you… they have so much bacteria in them…. There are quite a few eggs that are infected with salmonella and cooking them kills ‘em but eating them raw means ya gonna be stuck in the toilet for a month… the only thing that really works is protein milk and weights. For stomach muscles try “six seconds abs”… I’m sure you’ve seen the advert on telly, gym ball is pretty effective too…. But ya gotta learn to balance on it first…

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

I eat well and exercise regularly. I have done since a young age since as my parents stressed the importance of being healthy too me. (Though at a younger age I was more active, but ate more junk!)

"MuSlImAh786" wrote:
I need to get into shape and loose weight ... any tips guys?...
write me out a exercise plan and a food diary...that'd be helpful lol Wink

Be healthy and sensible about it, and don't overdo it or become too obsessed with it.

Oh and never diet. A few tips though: our bodies are designed to graze, not eat huge meals 2 or 3 times a day. Eat little and often. Good for metabolism-our metabolism is like a fire that needs fuel to keep burning. By not eating for long periods of time, or eating too few calories, our bodies go into starvation mode and you'll store fat-and when you start eating normal again, ironically, you'll probably be more heavier than you were in the first place! Exercise is important. Even if it is just 20 of walking a day, or something, find time do some exercise every now and then, and build it in your lifestyle eventually.

And then it's just the obvious really.

Go easy!

"Judda" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

No it aint true… it tastes yucky as well… eating raw eggs is really bad for you… they have so much bacteria in them…. There are quite a few eggs that are infected with salmonella and cooking them kills ‘em but eating them raw means ya gonna be stuck in the toilet for a month… the only thing that really works is protein milk and weights. For stomach muscles try “six seconds abs”… I’m sure you’ve seen the advert on telly, gym ball is pretty effective too…. But ya gotta learn to balance on it first…

It is easy to balance on a gym ball-unless you're using it incorrectly. Make sure your lower back is supported.

People who eat raw eggs are those who usually wish to bulk up and use it as a source of protein.

Forget these things you see on the telly though such as Six Second Abs...surely, considering the amount of people who've bought these things, wouldn't most of the people now be walking around with defined mid-sections, or whatever now? The reality is that they are there to make money.

I don’t want to bulk up. No way. I just want to get into healthy eating.

I often miss meals when I’m busy and then end up eating some greasy take away. I hardly exercise and get tired easily.

I want to be fit…I once got into drinking fresh juice every day from the juicer, but then I got lazy…I’m on and off trying to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I eat eggs at least 3 times a week….but now I’m getting too lazy and busy to make them for myself every day.

My uncle suggested eating them raw with milk?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I don’t want to bulk up. No way. I just want to get into healthy eating.

I often miss meals when I’m busy and then end up eating some greasy take away. I hardly exercise and get tired easily.

I want to be fit…I once got into drinking fresh juice every day from the juicer, but then I got lazy…I’m on and off trying to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. I eat eggs at least 3 times a week….but now I’m getting too lazy and busy to make them for myself every day.

My uncle suggested eating them raw with milk?

Depends. You should aim for at least one portion of protein a day whether it be meat, chicken, beans, eggs, etc. Many athletes and such eat raw eggs for protein to build their muscles. If you don't eat much protein, maybe you should consider it. There are health risks to it too, but not as much as there is made out to be.

Skipping meals is bad for you. You don't have to eat meals; just snack. Carry around healthy cereal bars, or something, to eat when you're busy. This stops you from becoming hungry, stabilises blood sugar levels, keeps the metabolism running, and then you won't crave a greasy take-a-way so much.

Like I said, just build exercise into your lifestyle. Just start with something simple like walking, and gradually, aim for more.

Thanks Shabs.

I eat meat almost every day. So I'm OK protien wise. But yeah it might be a good idea to start carrying stuff with me around.

The only reason I don't is cos I'm lazy...I don't like carrying stuff and I tell myself that if I need anything I'll just buy it. And the places where I'm present in at times don't always serve healthy food.

Pages