Love thy neighbour

99 posts / 0 new
Last post

From what I understand Judaism and Christianity are very much their own separate religions. Most Christians haven't even heard of the Babylonian Talmud or the Zohar or of Lilith and stuff like that.

I remember a while ago Dave thought that Kabbalah wasn't really part of Judaism

"100" wrote:
I'm just in a rotten mood. btw nobody won, do as you please.

Whats up?

battleships at the ready!!

all sail to Carolina!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Very impressive analysis, salaf. WHY IS EVERYONE SO FULL OF BS?

Constantine,

I dunno, i don't like feeling cynical but it's happening. Seems sweet, happy and straight up are like tri-polar magnets or something, something gives.

"100" wrote:
Constantine,

I dunno, i don't like feeling cynical but it's happening. Seems sweet, happy and straight up are like tri-polar magnets or something, something gives.

Gotcha

"Constantine" wrote:
Compared to Christianity or Islam I think it's certainly a fair comment - most of the Jews I know only talk about Judaism with me in response to direct questions - i've never met a Jew who tried to convert me or anyone around me.

but isnt that because Jews are not meant to encourage non-Jews to convert? :idea:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

they beleive salavation can be earned without being a jew, some jews beleive that u have to be "born a jew" to be a jew, they don't like the sneaky chritians who call them self the "messiah jews" that convert jews to chritianity, my cuzin married a jew so he had to convert to judasum, if he decideds to go back home, he's dead meat!

i got lots of jewish and chritians friends, i didn't realise how much we had in common until last week, I never really liked islam or judaisum, but for the sake peace i bite my tongue. i always thought chritianity was a gr8 religion, but i've changed my mind, its got a dark side to it too.

We learn from the Quran that the Christians are closer to the Muslims than the Jews. This is just a statement of fact by Almighty Allah, that we can still witness during our time today (in this wonderful era :roll: :roll: :roll: ). Allah is the [u]best[/u] knower of the emotional structure of His creations and therefore was this statement of fact in 5:82. We can witness from the conflict in the Middle East for example , how very emotional the Jews get and how they react to conflicts with their fellow bro's and sis in israil, their enemies or even among themselves inside Israel.

[5:82] [i]You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers. And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant.[/i]

[i][5:82] You will find that the worst enemies of the believers are the Jews and the idol worshipers.[/i]

that simply states a fact, by no means did god give anyone the authority insult/attack a jew. The koran talks about rightous jews and christians aswell... SO WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE FORGET TO MENTION THEM!!???

This quote is especially for u Med!
[2:85][i] Do you believe in part of the scripture and disbelieve in part? What should be the retribution for those among you who do this?[/i]

[60:8][i] GOD does not enjoin you from befriending those who do not fight you because of religion, and do not evict you from your homes. You may befriend them and be equitable towards them. GOD loves the equitable.[/i]

[5:82][i]And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant.[/i]

well imo saudi chritians r very tolerent

but i wouldn't say the statement is strictly true....

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

You actually know Saudi Christians?!

I thought the regime wiped them off the map with their little aparteid

Yea i know a few back home (its all a big secret :twisted: ), da rest live here...

whats "aparteid"?

"Judda" wrote:
Yea i know a few back home (its all a big secret :twisted: ), da rest live here...

whats "aparteid"?

Didn't know you were actually from Saudi Arabia

Apartheid was a brutal segretationist system in South Africa

any saudi chritian or muslim that wants to convert to chritianity have to learn to keep thier mouth shut in saudi...

we don't have that problem here, my muslim mates want religiois freeedom, so do ppl there, its just the gov dats the problem...

"Judda" wrote:
we don't have that problem here, my muslim mates want religiois freeedom, so do ppl there, its just the gov dats the problem...

watch it ~ you might make me want to liberate you

mm i was just thinking about"why don't jews encourage others to convert but i thght i best not reply unless i get attacked for being ignorant blah blah. Well everything judda said in reply was all that i learned from a documentary i once saw on this same issue. Ty Judda!

yashmaki,

Suggesting that I would object to an honest question is pretty ignorant.

she's not 'suggesting' anything. ur 'assuming' - something ur always telling the rest of us to stop doing!

anyway, thanx judda, all good points in ur post!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Aasiyah, I'm not buying that!

"100" wrote:
Aasiyah, I'm not buying that!

buying wot, i'm 'selling' nout... :?

this is a forum. i accept its harder to guage wot ppl r trying to say when theyr just typing out their thoughts, but it makes life easier if u dont take personal insults when none are given. i.e. yashmaki did not address u, therefore i dont c y u had to take her post as tho it was directed at u.

I declare another victory for Uberjustice!

"Constantine" wrote:
I declare another victory for Uberjustice!

o really, and wot victory is that?

Who cares!

Victory is victory!

and when uberjustice wins... everyone wins

tis ok Asiyah thanx for the vote of confidence i knew he would say that. I always have to be careful what i say about any jewish topic in case he calls me anti semitic, it's just crazy. So i didn't say much but even so apparently i said too much.

100 you're suffering from paranoia. If anyone goes against your views on Jews and Judaism we're immediately labelled as ignorant or anti semitic, just who's being ignorant here?

I've said nothing bad about Jews, I've not demonised them. I don't see what your problem is, and since you only talk by "snoozing" at me, kindly don't speak to me.

You didn't seem to have a problem with Judda making those comments. Had I said just what he had said you'd have gone off your trolley. Go figure.

yashmaki,

I'm not suffering from anything, thanks. The post was certainly intended for me, and not to ask a question, otherwise it would have asked a question, and it wouldn't have assumed the worst for not knowing about Judaism, I'm not paranoid to recognise a barb. Your biggest giveaway is the ridiculous comment: "you only talk by "snoozing" at me". And I'm sorry to disappoint you, but with comments like that I'll speak.

"you'd have gone off your trolley."

Really? Talk straight and find out. I've previously made clear a position on remarks like juddah's and wasn't going to be drawn on it. Seems to me you're talking loose. And I really don't mind, you really haven't said what it takes to upset me here. On the thread where we disagreed about forced marriages you did, and it seems you've taken umbrage. lol sweety.

100 :xThere's lots of members here, and many guests too, I didn't want any Jewish ppl here to get offended coz some ppl are more sensitive than others.

Also I wasn't sure what I'd seen and read about Converting to Judaism was true or not, so I never made the post. Judda made the post and he reflected what I had in my mind that's all.

I didn't mean to cause any offence. Ok true you got me a bit worked up.

I apologise for my behaviour i don't like falling out with members.

so come on now get off my case please Sad is it true this idea that Jews don't seek converts, and that you're only considered a pure Jew if you're born one? Don't want to cause contraversy or an argument just curious. What's the orthodox position?

"yashmaki" wrote:
so come on now get off my case please Sad is it true this idea that Jews don't seek converts, and that you're only considered a pure Jew if you're born one? Don't want to cause contraversy or an argument just curious. What's the orthodox position?

yeh 100, after all tht, u havent yet ansered the question! Judda's anser covered all points of view i think. but ur our only Jewish member, so i ges ud b able to give a better answer. :?:
yash, i've heard Orthodox Jews are the ones who believe tht u cannot convert into Judaism at all i.e. u hav to b born a jew.

"yashmaki" wrote:
I didn't mean to cause any offence. Ok true you got me a bit worked up.

I apologise for my behaviour i don't like falling out with members.

Gold. No worries. Thank you for apologising.

Aasiyah, Yer! Woof, woof!

Nobody asked me a question.

Yashmaki,

Judda was pretty much correct. Judaism is a lot to take on, and you have to be extremely committed if you want to convert. Jews do have an obligation to guide monotheists and to promote basic moral universal laws. Non-Jews can attain salvation through a very straightforward moral code, whereas Jews are obligated to keep Torah. Therefore it would be highly unfair to promote conversion to Judaism to someone who did not already want it. There is also no merit in accepting people as Jews who do not have the commitment, and compromising our values for the sake of some numbers game.

"100" wrote:

Aasiyah, Yer! Woof, woof!

Nobody asked me a question.

err o-k. Fool

i was referring to my open question posted in this thread. i guess i expected u to answer it as ud probably no more about it than the rest of us. but Judda shocked us all with a good answer. Smile

Smile Sorry, in the original question you were correct. I forgot that, sorry.

On a tangent: About 'attaining salvation', because I just used the phrase even though it isn't a very Jewish phrase: we read of having a portion of the world to come, Olam Habah, as a result of our spiritual progress in this world, Olam Hazeh. Progress is measured in madreigas (levels) and we are always, at any moment, climbing or descending. A lot of chachamim (sages) identify Olam Habah with Gan Eden, the Garden of Eden. Olam Habah also refers to the world post Mashiach (Messiah). In Judaism these matters are not rigidly established, as many concepts are extrapolated from the sources we have and not specified directly by the Torah itself. When extrapolating, all other texts are considered as interpretations of the Torah rather than sources on an equal footing. So for example there isn't a uniform opinion on the afterlife, with many texts referring specifically to reincarnation before Olam Habah, but there are areas of consensus. Gehinnom (Hell) can last for up to twelve of our months before a nefesh (soul) joins Olam Habah. In these twelve months especially a soul can be 'redeemed' through the mitzvot (good deeds) and tefillah (prayers) of mourners. If this is interesting [url= is a reliable source.

Regarding Judda's reply about relations of Jews, Muslims and Christians, I really doubt whether the assertions are for eternity and beyond the time of Mohammed. It could not have been said in the Crusades:

"[5:82]And you will find that the closest people in friendship to the believers are those who say, "We are Christian." This is because they have priests and monks among them, and they are not arrogant."

Unless 'believer' has a much wider meaning than 'Muslim', this I don't know.

"100" wrote:

Regarding Judda's reply about relations of Jews, Muslims and Christians, I really doubt whether the assertions are for eternity and beyond the time of Mohammed. It could not have been said in the Crusades:

I heard it was Muhammad contemporaries, but some of it is still true today…

"100" wrote:

Unless 'believer' has a much wider meaning than 'Muslim', this I don't know.

There is an interesting argument about that. In sura 5 verse 69 it says that Jews and Christians will enter paradise and it said [u][b]anyone[/b][/u] who believes in (1) the one god (2) the hereafter (3)and leads a righteous life will enter paradise. But there is another verse (can’t remember where) which says “Islam is the only religion acceptable to god. Either that is a contradiction or an abrogation. But we can look at it from another point of view. The word “Islam” means peace, obedience and submission. The general theme of the Koran is the oneness of God which all three religions agree on.

Pages