Love thy neighbour

Like any country Britain has its mixture of the picturesque and the downright ugly, services and attitudes we can take pride in and some we find inadequate, things that work and things that don't. Culturally Britain has spearheaded progression in areas like industry, equality, justice and integration. Britain also has a colonial past, a mixture of strong values and selfish conquest. Today Britain seeks to make opportunities abundant for everyone who lives here.

Here we are. Do we love it? What if anything makes us proud to be British? What do we think?

its far from perfect, but im happy here

altho...for how long, i dont know

britain seems to be spiralling down to me.....

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

PG Tips makes me happy to be English it's the taste.

And Fish n' chips drenched with vinegar....gosh haven't had one for ages.

But I'm not really patriotic, is that a form of disloyalty? No matter where I live I don't think I'd rave on about my nationality. Keep a flag up outside my house. Sing the national anthems etc. Because I don't see the need for it, it kind of repulses me. Yes I love my homeland but I won't participate in what I perceive to be senseless ritualistic acts I don't love the Queen, in fact I don't see the need for royalty. But that doesn't mean I hate my country does it. Why should I be obligated to do certain things in order to be accepted as a pure Brit? As an asian am I truly a pure Brit? I think I'm a mix and therefore will never be accepted as one of the indigenous ppl.

Isn't there a difference between being English and British? There was some debate on radio five and this dude said you can't be english if you're scottish. He got a bit racist about it too. He also said if you leave india settle in Britain then your allegiance should be there. You should wave the flag, support the local teams. You shouldn't support India. You shouldn't speak the indian languages. Because that's a form of disloyalty? What do you think about that? I think he's off his rocker. This dude was of mixed race. Half arab Half english.

if you like your country you originated from, how can you say that?

he clearly doesnt, the dude who said that above about india

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

There certain element I love about England, as there certain bit that i don't. But saying that i could never imagine myself living anywhere esle at the present moment, maybe when i have family it maybe a different story.

Sense of Humour here is great, The mix of culture and races is element I like as well. Food very nice here as well and in the majority people are very civilised to you as well. The love of sporting life. The little bit of traditional they have here is great as well.

Things i don't like are the fact that life here is based around work and money. At time people can be ignorant. I don't fall for all this freedom and democracy stuff, it not what i see as being important her. Life can be abit of a struggle here at time.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

im proud to be british and i think Britain has alot to offer to all different religions and races of people. Britain is defo multicultural and you are allowed to practice your faith freely. The only bad thing bout Britain i can thik of rite now is the weather. Even though ma parents are born in paki land i perfer it here any day then to paki land, more prospects for women here.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Salam

I love Britain.

Despite all the problems, it is a wonderful place to live in.

Ofcourse, it invaded Pakistan back in 18th century. And thats why we Pakis are here. Our parents came here in large numbers to invade it back.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Our parents came here in large numbers to invade it back.

Omrow

lol i cant believe im gonna say this i must had hit my head or summit but i actually agree wiv Omrow on that point.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

hmmmm

some things I like abt britain, some things I dont.

I think the bit of britain I like are the paki areas, lol. I like alum rock, I like areas where I feel comfortable, I dont like the towns or the universities or other areas like that.

I think what I like about britain is the bit where we have created our own kind of mini-pakistan, mini-gujerat etc.

But for definite I prefer saudia and pakistan. I seriously am considering moving abroad after i graduate and set my parents up, so wifey better want to go abroad aswell.

Having said that, if after my Ustaadji decides for me to stay here and be involved in madrassah, then its gonna be hard for me to move abroad and the ways things are going looks like thats how its gonna be.

Basically if it were upto me I would spend a minimum of 6 months abroad, saudia or pakistan, but this is only if I am not involved with madrassah and a only working. If I am involved in madrassah, then alhamdulillah I dont have a problem staying in UK for the full year, but that is on condition that most of my time is spent on deen.

Does that make sense?

Ideally, I would love to complete my deeni taleem and teach in indo-pak, or in saudia, Im kinda backward in my soch apparently. I would love to just live back in the village, living a simple life, teaching and ploughing the land. I know its all idealised but sometimes I get so sick of all this fitnah around me, I feel like running away and spending my time with ALLAH alone but then the world traps me again.

However, if I were to become an Ustaad in our madrassah then for definite I would stay and give support to my Ustaadji, cos He does sooo much work almost entirely on His own.

May ALLAH reward my parents and my teachers with the sweetest of imaan islaam and ihsan. May He forgive their sins, raise their status and change their sins into good deeds, beshal this is no difficult task for ALLAH. May He ta'ala make my parents and teachers amongst His Choicest Servants and make me have full respect and honour for them. Oh ALLAH reward them with a reward and repay them for it is beyond me to repay their favours on me. May ALLAH make it so for all our parents and teachers.
ameen Ya Rabb e Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Hey love for your country is a part of iman.

I think that is from hadith...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Hey love for your country is a part of iman.

I think that is from hadith...

which hadeeth?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i love england. even though it isnt the only place i've lived. but its definitely where i feel at home.

fish and chips? nah. i cant stand vinegar! but PG TIPS!!! i have to have atleast 3 cups of tea a day, otherwise i start getting caffiene withdrawal symptoms! :oops: Biggrin

and there are other things, like manners. i've heard scholars say that muslims should be ashamed of themselves because we lack akhlaaq, which is actually manifested by many non-muslims in this country (some even say this is the reason for our downfall, and their status today - Allah is rewarding them in this world).

another thing i luv about ppl here is the common sense - they dont just believe wot theyr fed by the media, they actually make an effort to use their brains and find out for themselves wots true and wot isnt.

and the multiculturalism and pluralism... and the weather!! call me mad but i'm so used to this weather, alhumdulillah. Smile

as yashmaki pointed out tho, i dont feel the need to be overly patriotic either.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

True.

PG Tips.

However lipton yellow label from saudi tastes better...

I know someone who actually brought that to the uk after Umrah!

Oh, and down with tetley...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

However lipton yellow label from saudi tastes better...

I know someone who actually brought that to the uk after Umrah!

Oh, and down with tetley...

LOL. Yeh lipton is better than pg, but I brought back tea leaves from pakistan and stil been using that. I brought back I think 2 kilos of kaali chai ki pati and 2 kilos of sabz rang chai ki pati.

Paki tea is WAY betta than nasty english tea. i CANT drink english tea its so tasteless, and green tea or pathanon ki chai is delicious. mmmmmm

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Aasiyah" wrote:

another thing i luv about ppl here is the common sense - they dont just believe wot theyr fed by the media, they actually make an effort to use their brains and find out for themselves wots true and wot isnt.

Definitely, common sense is so rare today, but it something the majority of the british people have, you can have a decent discussion with the majority of people, just need to look at our very own Georgy boy.

PG Tips :roll: how old are you girls. I only going to start drinking tea when I am in my 30's. when you start to like drinking tea, it a sure sign of old age IMO.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Paki tea makes me want to puke

it stinks and takes ages to make

my sisters hates that tea so much that she refuses to make it-(I always make tea for dad)

rest of us all drink english tea-tetly

but non of us are addicted to tea-only drink it when we have a sore throat or very occasionaly with biscuits in the morning

I drink english tea aswell... I mainly got used to it from vending machines at work. Before I used to like the good old paki tea with the boiled milk...

But even in english tea, lipton Yellow label has more flavour... Do not know why.

But Tetley is bleugh! PG Tips all the way.

lipton...i'm sure I've seen that in the desi shops, so no need to ship it over from pakistan or saudi arabia lol.

I don't like the city areas of Britain/england. The beauty lies in it's country side. The only reason it's impossible to live there apart from the money is there are no Islamic resources there. No mosques. I can live without the big supermarkets, and asian shops and even without meat, but without a mosque no way.

Why do muslims always end up living in the dump areas? Is it because their parents settled there? But why do new generations continue to live in these areas. Yes they have the resources, but they are the most run down parts of the cities. Me and my husband always say all it would take is one group of muslims to settle in a village, have a village mosque along side a church why not. Country folk can be quite friendly. Ah dreams lol

So i love the country, the lush green hills. The mountains in Wales and Scotland. The lush areas in Devon, Cornwall. And I love the old historic towns, villages and buildings we still have. They out do any modern day building in terms of beauty and architecture.

I love the old houses, the period features, and the workmanship.

I love the bakeries. Fresh cream cakes, of every variety downed with some home made tea. Nothing like it anywhere else.

I hate big cities, over populated cities, dirt, rubbish, crime ridden areas. Houses built on top of each other. Cardboard housing, such that a neighbour flushes a toilet nextdoor, and it sounds like it's in your house. Ahh quality housing.

ok i'll shurrap for now think of more pet hates lol

You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.

I prefer to stick to the black and white world of right and wrong, with the guidance of the virtues of wisedom.

Back in BLACK

"yashmaki" wrote:
wht u on about seraph??? lol

oh im sorry... i forgot to add:

Yes ideed love thy neighbour,

commenting on previous posters talk about patriotism.

Back in BLACK

Hey somebody tell Rod Stewart he did a great job with our classics.

I heard he was going to be rerecording a whole lot of my favorite songs like Time After Time, and As Time Goes By and thought - Rod Stewart?

Like the English rocker?

Is he serious?!

Surprisingly the man was perfect for it! He doesn't have the greatest voice in the world, but his phrasing is spot on - and he didn't try to translate the music into rock.

10 points for England.

constantine you're back! so what made you leave and what made you come back?

"seema*" wrote:
constantine you're back! so what made you leave and what made you come back?

Personal problems and a bad week made me leave and the charming members and their seemingly psychic abilities brought me back.

Hows stuff!?

"Constantine" wrote:
and the charming members and their seemingly psychic abilities brought me back.

?

Awww Dave

ur just too kind. You've made me blush. See>>>>>>> :oops:

lol we might need to take this to the group hug thread.

bring it back Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"yuit" wrote:
PG Tips :roll: how old are you girls. I only going to start drinking tea when I am in my 30's. when you start to like drinking tea, it a sure sign of old age IMO.

no way! i got into the habit as a kid - we'd have 'tea-time' between school and (islamic) madrasah, come on, didnt anyone else do this? Smile

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

no way! i got into the habit as a kid - we'd have 'tea-time' between school and (islamic) madrasah, come on, didnt anyone else do this? Smile

Yeh always, tea and cakes/biscuits...ah those were the times, i wish i was back at school and learnin the Quran at mosque, great moments in life!

"angel" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

Yeh always, tea and cakes/biscuits...ah those were the times, i wish i was back at school and learnin the Quran at mosque, great moments in life!

definitely, alhumdulillah. Smile

Pages