'UK's first female imam'

113 posts / 0 new
Last post

They did not ban women from going to mosque.

They disaproved under some circumstances.

But no muslim scholar has ever banned a woman from going to mosque.

If one has he is not a scholar.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
lol. actually i can see what med is attempting to get across, but because its not the social norm, its harder to comprehend.

basically, its not considered outrageous for ppl to call guys 'camp' or 'gay' if the guy is, i dunno, wearing [color=violet]pink[/color] or summat. Wink that doesnt mean the guy IS gay, but just tht he's doing summat associated to women.

whereas ud never see the same jokey accusations (of homosexual 'tendencies') being directed to women - its just not socially acceptable/ the social norm, because women have been 'trying to be men' for decades in the form of feminism.

i only thought about it myself after i read Meds post... so dont butcher me for the above u guys, Blum 3 but seriously, its worth thinking about... :idea:

whats worth thinking about?
your examples dont add up.
agreeing with Med is a dangerous thing Biggrin
hes obsessed with creating his new fatwas and putting women down at every opportunity...

maybe they dont add up because u didnt bother thinking about it :roll:

Ed, i rarely agree with Med, but i am open to some of his views, as i am to every other members (with the exception of Tex, Oldham Dude and the like, Thank God theyr banned).

anyways, i think one thing in common between u and Med (which is probably y ur always arguing) is that neither of u are open to drastically different views, ur both too set in ur ways. that cant b a good thing... Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

abit of info regarding women and the mosque,

There is a clear tradition of the Prophet (peace be upon him) encouraging women to offer their prayers inside their houses: "The best mosques for women are the inner parts of their houses."

Since the Prophet had not forbidden women to attend the mosques, they continued to come to the mosques. But after his death it became increasingly clear that it was not in keeping with the dignity and honour of Muslim women to come to the mosques for prayers, especially at night, because men, being what they were, would tease them. Therefore the Khalif 'Umar told women not to come to the mosques, but to offer their prayers inside their own houses. The women of Madina resented this prohibition and complained to 'A'isha. But they received a fitting reply from her: "If the Prophet knew what 'Umar knows, he would not have granted you permission to go out (to the mosque)."

'A'isha also prevented women from going to the mosques. When she was told that the Prophet (peace be upon him) had permitted them to attend the mosques, she replied:

"Had the customs and manners which women have adopted since the Prophet's death been there in his lifetime, he too would have prevented them."

But what has been suggested above should in no way be taken to mean that all women should be required to attend the mosque and indeed those who feel that their houses are as good as the mosque should be encouraged to offer their prayers there.

"NaJ/19" wrote:
this topic is slightly off the hook.........

no, not really, muslimsis brought it back with her post on the previous page. but i had to reply to Ed's old post up there, sorry bout that! Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

na i wasnt referring it to you lol, i edited that bit

Hadhrat Umar discouraged women from going to the mosque. He did not ban them.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

so if a woman is at work/passing down the road-not allowed in mosques-and there is no way she can get home in time will she be rewarded if she miss's her prayer?

:roll:

the whole point is that she is not even encouraged to comeout of her home for salah, so where the qsn of strutting the streets for work comes up I personally cant understand.

admin u say Hadrat Umar radhiyallahu anhu discouraged did not ban, care to provide evidence.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

what if she needs to work in order to survive

would God be happy if she lived in extreme poverty?

of course i wouldnt expect a backwards cavemen like u to understand this

MOST of the women who have worked in my family is COS THEY NEEDED TO SURVIVE :roll:

"Med" wrote:
the whole point is that she is not even encouraged to comeout of her home for salah, so where the qsn of strutting the streets for work comes up I personally cant understand.

Med.

fix ur attitude.

the reason most people are against u/don't bother listening to u is coz of that horrid condescending attitude if yours - speak TO ppl, not AT them for heaven's sake!

u have no right to judge women who go out to work and i'm sure u know that by using such words as 'strutting' ur making them seem like wayward women... and there's that 'holier-than-thou' attitude once again! jeez... :roll:

"Aasiyah" wrote:

u have no right to judge women who go out to work and i'm sure u know that by using such words as 'strutting' ur making them seem like wayward women... and there's that 'holier-than-thou' attitude once again! jeez... :roll:

my gran become a widow at a very young age-she was left with 6 young kids to bring up

she HAD to become the sole breadwinner and work long awkward hours just to put food on the table

thats why the backwards cavemen's views make me sick

"Med" wrote:

You should think before you speak.

Many women work due to dire neccessity.

To say that they shouldn’t be “strutting in the street” is insulting.

And, yes the woman who spat of the floor did come across as a bit of a “cavewoman”.

It’s very bad manners to spit in front of others (and its disgusting).

there will be 4 women who will claim to be prophets before the day of judment comes.... a total of 30 will come before qiyama will come...

this rubbish happening now is just setting the ground for such fitnahs to take place.

FiGhT fIrE wItH fIrE

widespread ignorance is also a sign of the end of time

and ignornace is around us already

end must be near

"Dragon" wrote:
there will be 4 women who will claim to be prophets before the day of judment comes.... a total of 30 will come before qiyama will come...

this rubbish happening now is just setting the ground for such fitnahs to take place.

???

4 or 30? day of judgement, qiyamah are same thing?

The scholars have said in the past that a woman who stays at home, it is best for her to pray at home.

Now if one is out and about working (just tio appease Med, lets say she is a teacher...) she is out and about. She has full right to access the mosque.

It is the duty of the mposque to provide for her spiritual needs.

If it does not it is gross negligence.

"Med" wrote:

admin u say Hadrat Umar radhiyallahu anhu discouraged did not ban, care to provide evidence.

If you ask...

Quote:
`Umar himself narrated that the Prophet said more explicitly, "If your women ask permission to go out to Salat, do not forbid them!" Musnad Ahmad (1:40).

Quote:
`Umar made sure they had a separate entrance and exit to the Mosque, which he forbade men from using, and separate ablution facilities. Al-Muhalla (3:131 and 4:119).

Quote:
Narrated Ibn Umar: One of the wives of Umar (bin Al-Khattab) used to offer the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayer in congregation in the Mosque. She was asked why she had come out for the prayer as she knew that Umar disliked it, and he has great ghaira (self-respect). She replied, "What prevents him from stopping me from this act?" The other replied, "The statement of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) : 'Do not stop Allah's women-slave from going to Allah s Mosques' prevents him." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 13, Number 23)

Quote:
Ibn 'Umar reported: Grant permission to women for going to the mosque in the night. His son who was called Waqid said: Then they would make mischief. He (the narrator) said: He thumped his (son's) chest and said: I am narrating to you the hadith of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), and you say: No! (Sahih Muslim Book 004, Number 0890)

And alot more quoted from Ed quoting the relevant sources. You two may not get along, but he fully answered yur point.

(PS Hanafi fiqh is based on the teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa, but alot of it was refined by his students, who occasionally disagreed with his position on some matters. So you cannot just ignore Imaam Abu Yusuf and Imaam Muhammad.)

"Admin" wrote:

(PS Hanafi fiqh is based on the teachings of Imam Abu Hanifa, but alot of it was refined by his students, who occasionally disagreed with his position on some matters. So you cannot just ignore Imaam Abu Yusuf and Imaam Muhammad.)

alhamdulillah i have already proved the hanafi stance. And for your informtaion brother, I refer you to my posts in Hijab and Jeans thread where I drew adequate attention to the rulings given by Imam Abu Haneefah AND Imam Muhammad AND Imam Abu Yusuf alayhim rahmah.
So your comment about me ignoring these great men is unfounded. Further just one small point, as muqallideen we dont rely on ahadeeth when deriving fiqhi rulings, we rely on the ijtihad of the Giants of Ijtihad. So the quoting of ahadeeth is not relevant, the ruling of Ahnaaf has not been disproved and as I am sure youe are aware, the Giants of Ahnaaf were fully aware of what the hadeeth actually say and what the meaning and application was by the Sahabah Karaam alayhim ridhwaan.

I refer you to my posts in Hijab and Jeans, where the issue has been dealth with thoroughly alhamdulillah. I will not be commenting further as the shari' daleel has been provided there.

May ALLAH bless us all with guidance.
ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

However you asked me to provide evidence That Hadhrat Ali (ra) did not 'ban' women from going to the mosque, not what the Schools of thought said...

yes point taken

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Admin" wrote:
"Dragon" wrote:

???

4 or 30? day of judgement, qiyamah are same thing?

30 all together, from which 4 will be women.

FiGhT fIrE wItH fIrE

Pages