'UK's first female imam'

113 posts / 0 new
Last post

"irfghan" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
Brother Irf I said "if". It definately suggests/implies it. The BBC pride themselves in being a professional organisation I'm sure they know what the word Imam means. The article was written to outrage and anger muslims who follow orthodox Islam, but you can't see that.

What's the purpose of the article to give muslims glad tidings of another new imam? We already have plenty of them. They're focussing on it like vultures do with a clear agenda!

I really don't see it like that.

I don't see how this article is an attack on orthodox Islam.

Anyone who is outraged by it prob doesn't understand the issue.

Criticism of the use of the word 'imam' is understandable. But then what is an 'imam'?

Questioning the slant of the article is not relavent here.

And please, it's brother Irfan. Not brother Irf.

hes a BBC fan dont ya know :roll:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"irfghan" wrote:
Pernickety. That's a nice word.

When prefixed by 'brother', I prefer 'Irfan'.

Otherwise Irf is fine.

Fred or granpa are not fine :evil:

Big Poppa? Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Out of curiousity, why is irf fine on its own but when used with brother it should be "irfan" seems rather silly unless you have some sort of justification?

"irfghan" wrote:
Pernickety. That's a nice word.

When prefixed by 'brother', I prefer 'Irfan'.

Otherwise Irf is fine.

Fred or granpa are not fine :evil:

Pernickity is my third favourite word ever.

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

which means....? :roll:

whats your 1st and 2nd out of interest?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Is there seriously a place called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales or are my welsh friends just screwing with me.

They gut some peculiar names over there but 4 ls in a row doesn't seem buyable

"Constantine" wrote:
Is there seriously a place called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales or are my welsh friends just screwing with me.

yea, it really exists!! Biggrin i've been there as a kid, u shud see the sign at the train station! lol. cant remember the meaning now, will find it... its a complete sentence!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

hes a BBC fan dont ya know :roll:

Er... no I'm not.

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

yea, it really exists!! Biggrin i've been there as a kid, u shud see the sign at the train station! lol. cant remember the meaning now, will find it... its a complete sentence!

wooooow.

How is that pronounced?!

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Big Poppa? Biggrin

Er... no.

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

My second is doppleganger - not a clue what it means.

Can't tell you the first, I'll get in trouble.

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"angel" wrote:
Out of curiousity, why is irf fine on its own but when used with brother it should be "irfan" seems rather silly unless you have some sort of justification?

Eg Sister Angel, or Sister Yashmaki wouldn't be right, would it?

"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Thats cuz "angel" aint my real name. now saying bro irf doesnt sound weird to me....

"angel" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Thats cuz "angel" aint my real name. now saying bro irf doesnt sound weird to me....

'Irf' is not a real name neither.

Bro Irf is OK in an informal way.

But Brother Irf... na.

Anyway, let's not get too bogged down in this.

"Constantine" wrote:

and check out a less famous welsh place:
[url=

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"irfghan" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Big Poppa? Biggrin

Er... no.

sorrry man Sad

yeah wales has got sum funny named places, and they speak a funny laguage

i only been to cymru once, went to Llandudno, t'was fun

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
"irfghan" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Big Poppa? Biggrin

Er... no.

sorrry man Sad

yeah wales has got sum funny named places, and they speak a funny laguage

i only been to cymru once, went to Llandudno, t'was fun

My friend's husband is Welsh. I don't speak to him at all.. If need be, I communicate through her. He speaks English but I do not like the accent at all.

"Aphrodite" wrote:

My friend's husband is Welsh. I don't speak to him at all.. If need be, I communicate through her. He speaks English but I do not like the accent at all.

lol i think i rember you mentioning this once before on the old old forums...

"angel" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

lol i think i rember you mentioning this once before on the old old forums...

It's bad I know :oops: But I just... cannot.. stand Welsh accents. Or South African accents. Lord, let's not get me started on the South African accent....

"Aphrodite" wrote:

It's bad I know :oops: But I just... cannot.. stand Welsh accents. Or South African accents. Lord, let's not get me started on the South African accent....

I had this chinese guy over the fone at wrk (now i dont have anythin against them, lovely ppl) however they speak real fast and eat some of the words, wherever this guy was caling from, there was an awful lot of noise and he couldnt hear me so he says " i dont understand your english" and i was like "neither do i and it dont help the fact that ur speaking where there is so much bankground noise"! These ppl annoy me!

"Admin" wrote:

Women canot lead a mixed congregation in prayer.

If it is only women, they can.

why?

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Constantine" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Constantine" wrote:

wooooow.

How is that pronounced?!

good question! u shud ask ur welsh friends... Biggrin

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aphrodite" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

My second is doppleganger - not a clue what it means.

Can't tell you the first, I'll get in trouble.

lol, if u spelt it like this: 'doppelganger', it'd mean a ghost-double of a living person (which haunts its living counterpart!)... spooky! Wink

I agree with Muhtarama Yashmaki on this point.

If she wants to be an alima, hafiza, muhadditha, qaria then I see that as a great deed. But to want to call herself an imam is so hilarious and ridiculous I dont think I even need to comment on it.

My Mother, Sayyida Aisha Siddiqa radhiyallahu anha was an ocean of knowledge, wisdom and piety. She was a great woman but no-one has ever called Ammi Aisha radhiyallahu anha an imam. Allah has given honour to women in their fields, those women who imitate men, even if it is in religion, are deviated and we seek refuge in ALLAH Almighty from that.

She should sit at home and hide herself!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

hey, its only a female imam, get over it u sexist pigs!

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"Med" wrote:
I agree with Muhtarama Yashmaki on this point.

If she wants to be an alima, hafiza, muhadditha, qaria then I see that as a great deed. But to want to call herself an imam is so hilarious and ridiculous I dont think I even need to comment on it.

My Mother, Sayyida Aisha Siddiqa radhiyallahu anha was an ocean of knowledge, wisdom and piety. She was a great woman but no-one has ever called Ammi Aisha radhiyallahu anha an imam. Allah has given honour to women in their fields, those women who imitate men, even if it is in religion, are deviated and we seek refuge in ALLAH Almighty from that.

very good post...but as always you spoil it..by saying SHE SHOULD SIT AT HOME AND HIDE HERSELF...
thats not what i want to hear from our future scholar...

"yashmaki" wrote:
I thght Dave and Asiyah were having me on so i did a search tis true!!!! See here:

Quote:
If you ever go to Wales in the United Kingdom you would be missing out on a good laugh, not going to a small town called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch. Many of the people are very proud of their little town and its name. If you ask one of them to pronounce the name of their town, they are usually happy to oblige. Most people visiting would have a lot of trouble saying the name and I'm sure the locals have a good laugh at some of the attempts to pronounce the name. Many people visiting are intrigued when they hear the locals say the name.

Originally the town had a shorter, easier to pronounce name: Llanfairpwllgwyngyll. 'I think I would still have trouble pronouncing that'!

In the 1860s, more syllables were added to attract more visitors to the town. It is believed the name was officially conjured up by the village council, intentionally for the privilege and reputation of having the longest railway station name in Great Britain.

Do you think you could pronounce the name properly? The name is usually shortened to Llanfair P.G.

Llanfair P.G. is not very far from Caernarfon Castle, one of the largest castles in Wales. Well worth a visit.

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch means; "St. Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of St. Tysilio near the red cave."

There's a town with a longer name in thailand nutters!

Full article ref:

lol, thanx for posting the meaning yash, its wierd innit! Smile

"Med" wrote:

if all men were like u

I'm sure women would more then happily hide themselves in their homes in order to get away from u and ur weirdo beliefs

and them type of views^^^^^ is the reason why women become feminists

Pages