The Beard

144 posts / 0 new
Last post

I don't like honey either Sad Cannot take the smell, I have no idea why. My daughter is the same. I do try and put it into cakes and with yoghurt and stuff, just so I am having some... but I don't like it. My son on the other hand, is a connosieur Lol

If you don't like the smell of miswak, do as our beloved Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) used to do - leave the miswak soaking in rose water for a while - it dilutes the smell of the miswak, and gives you nice fresh breath Smile

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

or u could try out the flavoured MISWAAKS...

how many people here actually uses the miswaak as opposed to Colgate/Aquafresh/YourFavToothPaste ?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
how many people here actually uses the miswaak as opposed to Colgate/Aquafresh/YourFavToothPaste ?

i've tried using the miswaak sum time back but 4 sum reason i stopped...

u shud see my dad he cnt live without it whereever he goes here abroad

i know theres alot of benefits INSHALLAH..gonna start

Advantages of the Miswaak:

1. Miswaak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.
2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.
3. Miswaak creates a fragrance in the mouth.
4. Miswaak is a cure for illness.
5. Miswaak eliminates bad odors and improves the sense of taste.
6. Miswaak sharpens the memory.
7. Miswaak is a cure for headaches.
8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.
9. Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.
10. Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.
11. Miswaak assists in digestion.
12. Miswaak clears the voice.
13. The greatest benefit of using miswaak is gaining the pleasure of Allah.
14. The reward of Salaah (Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it.

Some of those things are also for just brushing the teeth. Miswak is also used as a term which encompasses 'toothbrush'.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Dizzy kuri. What does brushing your teeth got to do with beard.

Women just love to wonder all over the place.

Omrow

It's wander Om, not wonder :roll:

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"kuri/19" wrote:

2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.
8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.
14. The reward of Salaah (Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it.

SubhanALLAH, excellent post!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

Dizzy kuri. What does brushing your teeth got to do with beard.

Women just love to wonder all over the place.

Omrow

actually im the one who mentioned miswak first in this thread, so if u got issues take em up with me, yeh?

But I dont think u one to talk cos u the one who tried to make a mockery of the Noble Goat and Noble Slippers. What have they got to do with the Beard?

Think before you write omrow ''bro'' and dont go picking on the wrong ppl, pick on the one who started the topic not one who just responded to anothers posts.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"kuri/19" wrote:

out of interest how do you know the above, u read it somewhere, some scholar mentioned it, u done ur own research? just interested...especially regarding points, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11... HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Salam

"Med" wrote:
... the Noble Goat and Noble Slippers. What have they got to do with the Beard?

I was thinking of keeping a goatee.

But I get your point.

A goat has nothing to do with a goatee.

But a slipper can be used to slap girls like Kuri.

Omrow

A goat can be used to ram its head and curled horns into your stomach and twist around there, entangling on your intestines and then ripping its head back, removing your intestines as well!

Thats an imaginative response innit.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:

When the two messengers of Kisraa (Khusru – the Persian King) came to Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam], they had long moustaches and shaved beards. Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam turned his face away in disgust and asked them, ‘Who commanded you to do this (despicable deed)?’ They replied, ‘Our Lord, (i.e. King)’ At this, Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] mentioned, ‘But my Lord has commanded me to lengthen my beard and shorten my moustache.’ (Tabaqaat ibn Sa’ad vol.1 pg.147; Taareekh Tabari vol.2 pg.267-266; Bidaaya wan Nihaaya)

In this narration, Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] has stated that to lengthen the beard is infact the command of Allah Ta’ala Himself.

Good day to all, my name is Okani and here is my opinion on this hadith, in particular, and also the question of beards.

This tradition seems to present our Prophet in a most unusual mannor.

According to this tradition, the Holy Prophet is presented in a rude and unfriendly role, disrespecting his guests and calling them "dispicable" as soon as they enter his presence. All because they had no beard?

Does this sound like the Holy Prophet to you?

Does this not sound somewhat out of character for Allah's final Prophet? Would he really have treated his guests in such a fashion, especially as they were messengers of the King of a great civilisation like the Persians?

Since when did Rasul have such bad manners, I ask myself. There are many examples of the Holy Prophets behaviour, according to tradtion, but this one presents the seal of the Prophets in an unflattering way. Makes Okani wonder about the authenticity of this tradition.

Okani cant quite understand this, and wonders why this debateable hadith has been quoted on this forum. I hope it is not a manipulative attempt to distory the the Sunnah of our Prophet.

According to some Muslims, Allah will send beardless men into the fires of hell!

Does this sound convincing to you?

It doesn't to Okani. I think brothers and sisters, especially sisters, should remember that spreding untruths about the Prophet is a very bad thing indeed. It is well know that many people have invented lies about the Prophet of Allah for their own warped purposes.

We all want to follow the sunnah of the Prophet, but does this mean we should follow his guidance, manners, morals, courtesy, civility, graciousness, kindness and wisdom; or does it mean we should dress like him, and boast facial growth like he did?

Is there any reference from the Quran, or a genuine tradition, that supports the idea that those men who sport bald chins will be dammed for eternity? Remember that no "scholar" is worth even one millionth of a Prophet of Allah.

In ancient times ALL men had beards. There were no Gillette razor blades available in those times. Surely it is better to follow the charachteristics of the Prophet, rather than attmept to physically look like him?

Why are we told to forbid pricorial images of any human being? Surely its because of the danger of blind imitation and literalism?

Many times i hear Muslims ask, in self righteous tones, " why are Muslims suffering so much in this world?" I answer "becasue many Muslims cannot tell the difference between their backward culture and the beauty of Islam"

Okani has had his 25 pence worth. May Allah guide the genuinelly righteous and those who have eyes to see.

One Love. One God.

okani u appear to be a new member so I shall try and be easy on you.

dont start thinking your a big muhaddith. If you want to pass comment on hadeeth I advise you become a Hafiz of Hadeeth and then perhaps some may say u have a valid voice, if youre not a hafiz of hadeeth then keep your mouth shut on such issues.

secondly who says razors werent available at that time? yes gilette wasnt, but razors were. This is a lie that razors werent available, infact the persians had razors, the nation of Nabi Lut alayhis salaam were also shavers of beards andwere homosexuals. Further razors were available because how did people shave the head at umrah/hajj etc.

Pls dont chat rubbish, it doesnt help u or ur cause.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

If you have proof it is not correct, present it. Otherwise how do any of us have a right to just declare it false?

We accept the hadith. Turning away from a bad thing is not being rude.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"kuri/19" wrote:

out of interest how do you know the above, u read it somewhere, some scholar mentioned it, u done ur own research? just interested...especially regarding points, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11... HOW DO YOU KNOW?

studied it in HALQA...when at jamia, have the leaflets 4 it.
obviously taught by SCHOLARS.

"Omrow" wrote:

Omrow

I've come across decomposed bodies that are less offensive than you are.

"kuri/19" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

Omrow

[img]

"kuri/19" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

Omrow

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
Salaam

it was first proper day at uni and no1 had seen me with a beard before (well its gettin there!!).....and you get some funny reactions!!

one of my mates said on tuesday.......y u bien a scruff for? cant be bothered shavin?

same friend today said...r u keepin a beard? to which i replied yes. lol...then they said y didnt u tell us

i request the prayers of everyone here to give me the strength to grow a full proper beard (not that big either)....and keep it Inshallah

Wa Salaam.

Don't listen to those peeps, it adds character to your face, honestly, and it makes your lips look less red and girly. Also you're starting to look like Arnold Swarchznegger at the start of kindergarten cop, now that can't be a bad thing.

I wasn't too keen on having a beard either but I didn't want loose brownie points (not taking the mick) by cutting the few strands that grew off, but Alhamdulillah, its started to grow on me...boom boom tsh!

Also Okani, is your real name Zion Ben Jonah?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

bros Admin and Med.

I declared nothing false, don’t overreact bros.

I just think that the suggestion that the Prophet “turned his face away in disgust” is unlikely, especially when we remember his impeccable manners and character. I was merely giving my opinion, I don’t claim to speak with any authority, and neither do any of you.

Let me ask a question to the bros here…

If a guest came to your house, clean shaven but with a moustache, how would you meet and greet him?

Would you invite him inside, offer him some food or drink, and generally be the perfect host. Or would you take one look at him and then accuse him of being “despicable”, before turning away in revulsion?

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with beards, if you want to have one then do, nobody is stopping you. I don’t have a beard, (well I do at the moment cos I haven’t shaved for a week) yet I don’t believe my bald face is a sin against Allah.

Just don’t buy it, bros. You can accept it if you please, its no matter to me. I just think that Islam is too beautiful and important to be reduced to a long list of rituals and traditions that some people become obsessed with. I worship Allah not the scholars.

That guy who said “whats the big deal?” was right. Having a beard does not make you a superior Muslim in my mind. Chill bros. I noticed that some members on here are a little self righteous. Relax.

Bro Dawud, you lost me bro? That anything to do with Bob Marley?

"Okani" wrote:
bros Admin and Med.

I declared nothing false, don’t overreact bros.

I just think that the suggestion that the Prophet “turned his face away in disgust” is unlikely, especially when we remember his impeccable manners and character. I was merely giving my opinion, I don’t claim to speak with any authority, and neither do any of you.

When making such a claim, you do need proof. This is a documented hadith, and if that was the case, I am sure the muhaddith documenting would have considered all the implication.

Simply put, you have no right to such an opinion. Even less to air it. Unless you have proof, whoch you do not have, as you say it is an opinion.

In Islam you cannot choose which aspects to accepts, and which to reject.

Pages