The Beard

144 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Admin" wrote:
Can the real salafies please stand up please stand up please stand up.

(They do not like being called wahabbies... they prefer salafi... a twist of Salaf; which were the early pious muslims.)

lol at your impression of eminem...btw do we have any salafi's on this forum...so salafi is another name for wahabi's? all these terms are confusin me!

I think we should be fair here and not make comments about a certain jama'ah until and unless we are FULLY aware of their stance.

Now it is commonly said that the Salafiyyun today deem everything bida or shirk. Now regarding photographs I am not fully aware of the view of the salafiyya on this. No doubt there are some who will say that photography is impermitted and they have a valid view, a view that I am in agreement with, but to say they deem photography shirk should be based on evidence.

Like I said before, I am unaware of the correct legal verdict issued by the majority of the salafiyya today so I cannot comment on it.

But it should be noted that shirk is also of various degrees and types. It has been stated in a noble hadeeth that riyaa is shirk also, we all to some extent or other do riyaa, does that make us all mushrik? I think we need to look at the statements of the salafiyya objectively and not be clouded with prejudiced views that some people try to brainwash us with.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Well that is the fiqhi distinction between minor and major shirk...

They class many things as major shirk.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Med" wrote:

But it should be noted that shirk is also of various degrees and types. It has been stated in a noble hadeeth that riyaa is shirk also, we all to some extent or other do riyaa, does that make us all mushrik? I think we need to look at the statements of the salafiyya objectively and not be clouded with prejudiced views that some people try to brainwash us with.

For those who dont understand ie moi..what does riyaa mean?

So it sounds to me yall aren't precisely sure what the Wahabis believe is shirk but you do have a couple anecdotes...

riyaa is showing off.

Minor shirk.

One who commits is a sinner, not musrik.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"angel" wrote:

For those who dont understand ie moi..what does riyaa mean?

Sorry, I apologise. Closest meaning to riyaa in english I think is showing-off? or doing something for the benefit of others.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
What is their definition as opposed to the rest of yours?

Muslims worship God Almighty, whereas the Saudi Wahhabis worship Washington.

This is similar to the problem in America:

President Bush worships oil, while we know that Christians worship Christ.

Omrow

Well Washington is pretty impressive...

Not making sweeping generalisations there are you omrow, no, didnt think so.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Salam

"Constantine" wrote:
Well Washington is pretty impressive...

Indeed it is.

But it is not HOLY Washington.

Omrow

It does appear to be all powerful some times.

I'm just saying the confusion is understandable.

We cannot have false deities!

Washington must be destroyed!

Hey Now In understand OBL!

Why ya gotta be hating on the false deities?!

It's not their fault some fools confused them for the almighty.

Say you're a statue of Thoth, and you are chillin there one day in the sun staring blankly at the desert.

And outta nowhere a bunch of people riding on big smelly camels come up to you and leave you some fruit.

So you're like "COOL! I was just getting hungry"

Then the next day they bring you some fruit and gold and you're like "This is awesome!"

Then the next day you get a fax - from where? GOD.

Apparently God has been told you are running around telling people you are God!

You are to stop immediately or he shall smite you.

You don't want to be smited.

But you weren't telling people you are God! These damn ignorant camel people won't stop and now you're in trouble.

Poor Thoth.

poor DESTROYED throth.

"Admin" wrote:
poor DESTROYED throth.

Poor destroyed Thoth

"I got smited and all I got was this stupid T-shirt"

back to the subject of the BEARD..

one of my uncles dyes his beard black ,im pretty sure u aint allowed

to dye ones hair beard etc... BLACK.....i've heard this some where

is it true ? coz he doesnt believe it

or is it me whos mistaken.

it is permitted to die the beard black IF a person is going for jihad because dying the beard black will make the person look younger and so help to creat fear in the heart of the enemy.

If the uncle is going for jihad then nice one!

But if he just sitting at home he is not allowed to die it black and must use henna/mehndi.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

lol uncle and JIHAAD...dats funny he aint pious at all,

sum times i wonder if hes following the sunnah of the prophet with that beard or he just thinks he looks better with one,

are other colours apart from black jaiz,

but what is the reason behind the black colour not being allowed?

because when he dies his beard black he is decieving people into making them think that he is younger than he actually is. The dying of the beard black under normal circumstances is a deception and comes under that.

other colours which come with mehndi are ok like orangey, brown, auburn etc. I aint too sure about him putting blonde streaks in his beard though, so best to ask an alim on that 1!

lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

cant dye it black?

and i dont like mehndi :shock:

gona run in2 a few probs in my later days

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

brother thats LONG time away, who knows u might not even get to the days when the beard goes white!

worry about that when the time comes. For now inshaALLAH keep with the beard and put nobility on your face.

Just a word of encouragement. Four things are continuous practice of the Jamaat of Ambiya alayhim us salaam: Hinna, Itr, Miswak, Nikah. There are only a certain exceptions to these four practices but by and large these four things have been the practice of ALL Prophets. So be encouraged with the mehndi, it is a most beneficial dye.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yea its a cure for headaches 2

"Med" wrote:

worry about that when the time comes.

trsut me i can feel it very very soon lol

"Med" wrote:

Hinna, Itr, Miswak, Nikah.

whilst not to disrespect any of the 4 above, i cant hack the smell of mehndi....and not a big fan of miswak. other 2 are ok

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

whilst not to disrespect any of the 4 above, i cant hack the smell of mehndi....and not a big fan of miswak. other 2 are ok

I love the smell of mehndi, so relaxing. and what u got against miswak? its a natural miracle! Im one of them whose always walking around either with a miswak in his mouth or else holding it in his hand. Its my must have accessory, darling!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

niether of them are my cup of tea

i have a miswak ryt by my bedside now....reeks lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I think if you dont have good to say about mehndi or miswak then you should maintain silence.

If we have certain dislikes for things which ALL the Prophets liked and practiced then we have the problem, we should not make things worse by making dodgy remarks.

Get my drift bro, I ain preaching, just giving some brotherly advice.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

yeah i understand

all i meant is its jus my personal problems....i cant use either of em. but with that said i understand thier importances and significance. same with honey.

no offence intended, jus never knew dying was not permissable

however i would like some evidence on that

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

hadyer u dont like HONEY?!?!?!?!?!

Brother seriously what is wrong with you?! Honey is the one of the best things EVER! so sweet and thick and delicious. I went to one shop in Makkah Mukarramah and all they sold was different types of honey. I spent ages just tasting mountain yamani honey, egyption wild honey, and loads of other ones that i cant remember.

HONEY WE LOVE YOU!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

only honey in my jushanda lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ