The Beard

what is the islamic rulings concerning beards ?

is it wajib to keep a beard or is it a sunnah?

Shaving is haram. As regards to the length, that is debated. But it is considered keeping a fistfull is sunnah as the companion Hazrat Umar (ra) used to hold his beard in his hand and cut the remaining.

Different Madhabs have different views but they all consider a handful to be the sunnah.

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

"kuri/19" wrote:

Why do you want to know?

Girls don't have to keep beards. :?

I IS NEVER GONNA HAVE ONE!

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

"irfghan" wrote:
"kuri/19" wrote:

Why do you want to know?

Girls don't have to keep beards. :?

maybe she needs advice for family or a friend or maybe just general knowledge :roll:

what are the benefits of keeping a beard?

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
what are the benefits of keeping a beard?

Gettin rewarded for implementing the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)

Quote:
To summarize, to have a beard is obligatory for the Muslim man. The wording of the above sahih hadith indicates it should be abundant, though this is conditioned by the 'urf or common acknowledgement for it among religious, practicing Muslims. The early Muslims trimmed their beards, and there is not an unequivocal text (nass) that establishes a fixed legal limit to length and size. While the sunna is considered by many ulama to be "the handful," my own sheikhs trimmed their beards considerably closer than this, and they were ulama. It is my conviction and the premise of my approach to Islamic law that Allah will not punish the ordinary Muslim for something differed about between traditional ulama.

Nuh Ha Mim Keller

...and guys always look better with beards...(In my opinion :oops: )

Lol...I too hate the tash without the beard-its horrible.

But a guy with a beard always looks good.

Have you noticed that a beard even makes an average looking guy seem even more good looking?

Salaam

interesting this topic crops up today

it was first proper day at uni and no1 had seen me with a beard before (well its gettin there!!).....and you get some funny reactions!!

some of the lads start shouting Mashallah every second lol

one of my mates said on tuesday.......y u bien a scruff for? cant be bothered shavin?

same friend today said...r u keepin a beard? to which i replied yes. lol...then they said y didnt u tell us

never knew it would kick up such a fuss!! :roll:

anyway im not bothered what people say, uni is full of fake people

i request the prayers of everyone here to give me the strength to grow a full proper beard (not that big either)....and keep it Inshallah

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

i request the prayers of everyone here to give me the strength to grow a full proper beard (not that big either)....and keep it Inshallah

I'll make dua for you brother-May Allah (swt) make it easy for you....but keep it neat and tidy yeah?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

I'll make dua for you brother-May Allah (swt) make it easy for you....but keep it neat and tidy yeah?

Lol

lol thanx yeah i will....its takin lyf 2 grow tho!!

i dont wanna keep a massive one tho.....goin into a proffesional career Inshallah and presentation counts for everything!

imagine standing in court with an Abu Hamza-esque beard Blum 3

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

My Dad always tells me never trust anyone with a beard.

He'll freak if I keep one. Biggrin

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

Lol

lol thanx yeah i will....its takin lyf 2 grow tho!!

i dont wanna keep a massive one tho.....goin into a proffesional career Inshallah and presentation counts for everything!

imagine standing in court with an Abu Hamza-esque beard Blum 3

Just keep it neat and tidy and you'll be OK.

I'm sure theres non-Muslim lawyers and even judges with beards.

Lol..my gran says that too.

She think the longer the beard the more dodgy the geezer. She also feels the same way about women in Niqab...

By the way, if guys don't want to/can't keep a beard...they can keep a shadow on their face at all time-can't they?

"irfghan" wrote:
My Dad always tells me never trust anyone with a beard.

He'll freak if I keep one. Biggrin

why do parents do that?

shouldnt they encourage you?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:

why do parents do that?

shouldnt they encourage you?

When I havn't shaved for a few days Mum tells me either shave or keep it. But Dad always always gets shocked and says 'shave now, don't go keeping a beard'.

....not a bad idea.....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:

they most certainly do but only the nice neat ones not the ones spread all over the face

"seema*" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

they most certainly do but only the nice neat ones not the ones spread all over the face

I agree.

For a beard to look good, it must be neat and tidy.

I was reading "The twits" to my baby sister the other day..(the book by Road Dahl).

He was proper cussing the beard...I hadnt noticed this bit when I first read the book as a child.

"Mr Twit is scruffy looking with a big, big beard" (Its obvious Mr Dahl was anti-beard). He says that it is impossible to tell what a man with a hairy beard looks like, or perhaps he would rather you did not know.

There a bit in the book which goes...."Mr Twit never went really hungry. By sticking out his tongue and curling is sideways to explore the hairy jungle around his mouth, he was always able to find a tasty morsel here and there to nibble on".

hahha....i remember that!!

aah the good old days :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"seema*" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I agree.

For a beard to look good, it must be neat and tidy.

I was reading "The twits" to my baby sister the other day..(the book by Road Dahl).

He was proper cussing the beard...I hadnt noticed this bit when I first read the book as a child.

"Mr Twit is scruffy looking with a big, big beard" (Its obvious Mr Dahl was anti-beard). He says that it is impossible to tell what a man with a hairy beard looks like, or perhaps he would rather you did not know.

There a bit in the book which goes...."Mr Twit never went really hungry. By sticking out his tongue and curling is sideways to explore the hairy jungle around his mouth, he was always able to find a tasty morsel here and there to nibble on".

But Mr Twit did have an ugly, unruly beard though

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

my brother has started to shave his face clean

we tell him he looks like a girly girl

he dont have to keep a beard if he feels he aint ready

but he should at least keep a shadow on his face

guys look good with shadows

Pages