No.2

155 posts / 0 new
Last post

@ courage What if you came home to find your wife doing the DIY instead doing the cooking wouldnt you find that a tad bit strange?

If my husband started pushing the buggy i would think he was swinging the other way.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
@ courage What if you came home to find your wife doing the DIY instead doing the cooking wouldnt you find that a tad bit strange?

If my husband started pushing the buggy i would think he was swinging the other way.

So what you're saying is, you wanna live in the 50s.

Back in BLACK

No i dont wanna live in the 50s but men are men and women are women. What if your wife turned around and said i want to go out wearing a mini skirt? Would you allow it? Im guessing not. Would that mean that you wanna live in the 50s? No it wouldnt, it just means that you hold the old traditional value of modest covering.

Naz* wrote:
No i dont wanna live in the 50s but men are men and women are women. What if your wife turned around and said i want to go out wearing a mini skirt? Would you allow it? Im guessing not. Would that mean that you wanna live in the 50s? No it wouldnt, it just means that you hold the old traditional value of modest covering.

Yeah but covering your legs is an Islamic command. So that is COMPLETELY unrelated.

It is a Sunnah for a husband to share domestic responsibilities with his wife. are you saying that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) 'swings the other way'? astaghfirullah.

Personally I think pushing a buggy around shows he loves his wife, and doesn't want her to have to do any extra work.

So your saying you don't want to marry someone who shows that he loves you?

weird.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Ya'qub wrote:
It is a Sunnah for a husband to share domestic responsibilities with his wife. are you saying that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) 'swings the other way'? astaghfirullah.

now your putting words into her mouth. that isn't a nice thing to say. no muslim would ever dream of saying that. very offensive ya'qub.

Naz* wrote:

yes coz a woman wearing a mini-skirt and a man pushing a buggy is really the same thing. The answer you're looking for is no.

The 50s was basically the era where men went out to work and women did all the domestic work including taking care of the kids. Men rarely lifted a finger at home.

By the sounds of it, thats kinda what you want. To each his own i guess.

Back in BLACK

Naz wrote:

I would be surprised, but not actually worried. I would be if I came home and found her doing 50 pumps with the bar bell at 15kg! But that's different. It's called being a new man, and besides you work so you're the last person to be talking about traditional roles.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Ya'qub wrote:
Yeah but covering your legs is an Islamic command. So that is COMPLETELY unrelated.

Personally I think pushing a buggy around shows he loves his wife, and doesn't want her to have to do any extra work.

So your saying you don't want to marry someone who shows that he loves you?

weird.

Ok maybe that was a bad example. The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) never pushed around a buggy. Pushing a buggy is easy. If he wanted to push around the buggy I wouldnt stop him anyway id just find it a bit strange. If he really wanted to show me that he loved me he would do the cooking :p.

Question for the guys: How many of you would come home after a hard days work and cook (not putting some pasta in a pot and boiling it im talking about making the haandi and cooking ROUND chapattis) for your wife? Im guessing none. Those of you that are married how many times, if any have you cooked for your wife? Im guessing none.

Seraphim wrote:

The 50s was basically the era where men went out to work and women did all the domestic work including taking care of the kids. Men rarely lifted a finger at home.

By the sounds of it, thats kinda what you want. To each his own i guess.

If i wanted to be housewife i would have been married by now with 10 kids. If i wanted to be a housewife i wouldnt have put myself through college and uni. If i wanted to be a housewife i would in the kitchen right now with an apron on cooking but instead i have been stripping my sisters wallpaper and putting up some more.
So your assumptions are wrong so very wrong.

Courage wrote:
Naz wrote:

I would be surprised, but not actually worried. I would be if I came home and found her doing 50 pumps with the bar bell at 15kg! But that's different. It's called being a new man, and besides you work so you're the last person to be talking about traditional roles.

What so you cant be both traditional and modern you have to be one or the other?

I would say if you work and help at home you're more modern.

By the way, I can't hold it in any longer, but WHY is this thread called number 2? Why not call it second wife? Or something a bit more clean. Not trying to be too picky but I'm just interested.

I-m so happy :? Whats so unclean about no.2?

Naz wrote:
I-m so happy :? Whats so unclean about no.2?

'I'm going for a number 2' is a slang way of saying 'I'm going for a sh**.'

as opposed to a number 1, which is a wee-wee.

you are such a baby
.............and i thought i was small :roll:

it's not that I'm always right.....
I'm just never wrong

islam4eva wrote:
you are such a baby

Since when do babies say s**t? :roll:

Naz wrote:
islam4eva wrote:
you are such a baby

Since when do babies say s**t? :roll:

lol, i think she means how kids refer to it as 'wee-wee'

Back in BLACK

islam4eva wrote:
you are such a baby

Only a true baby would think that the comment was babyish

i initially thought one of the brothers were starting a thread on cosmetics because Boots have a cosmetic range called no.7, thought no.2? lol

My husband isn't here to comment but he's cooked for me on more than one occasion, and he cooks with me most weekends. Plus he isn't shy of domestic work. My motto is if you make the mess you should help to clean it up, otherwise go find a hotel room. I don't see why any woman (or man)should scrub toilets,cookers, floors, carpets, plates, laundry entirely on their own etc when every member in the house is contributing to the mess. As for men working, look at it this way women are at home looking after the kids and house and in laws if there are any. Now if that isn't a job what is?

As for the scenario that those men who have a day job are unlikely to come home and then cook supper for themselves, well perhaps it;s true of the indopak culture, because if the guy ain't got his wife to cook for him he's got his mother, because dear mummy molly cuddled him into adulthood and beyond. But in other cultures particularly the western men are encouraged to be a bit more independent. So I dunno learn to make toast, if that's too much it's a good skill to learn how to open a box of cereal it makes a great supper Wink

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

Not bad advice; people shud learn a lil independance.

And not rely on others.

Back in BLACK

Or at least learn to make beans on toast! That's gotta be the best dish ever!

love to live but living to die wrote:
what's it with Britain and beans from a tin?

Why? Where do you get your beans from?

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

Why? Where do you get you'r beans from?

Well obviously not from a tin Lol

Seraphim wrote:

i mean where does the 'bean passion' come from??

Maybe from the fact that it is about 37p and very nutritious.

Ya'qub wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

i mean where does the 'bean passion' come from??

Maybe from the fact that it is about 37p and very nutritious.

Nutritious... thats a matter of perspective.

Or as the age old song goes: beans beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.

Seraph wrote:

Or as the age old song goes: beans beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.

Ours is:
Beans, Beans are good for your heart,
The more you eat the more you fart!!!! Lol

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

Naz wrote:
Ive seen men pushing push chairs with their kid in it (sorry im a bit old fashioned i dont think its very manly or appropriate for a man to be pushing the push chair while his wife is with him, its the womans job).

Fathers pushing push-chairs are pretty cute in my eyes. There are fathers out there who neglect their children - Ive heard too many stories in my time of this :? , together with the negative press fathers tend to receive - that its beautifully refreshing seeing some active participation. Men DO love their children.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
Naz wrote:
Ive seen men pushing push chairs with their kid in it (sorry im a bit old fashioned i dont think its very manly or appropriate for a man to be pushing the push chair while his wife is with him, its the womans job).

Fathers pushing push-chairs are pretty cute in my eyes. There are fathers out there who neglect their children - Ive heard too many stories in my time of this :? , together with the negative press fathers tend to receive - that its beautifully refreshing seeing some active participation. Men DO love their children.

Ofcourse guys love their kids. What do you think women own a patent on loving their kids.
We just prefer to show it in other ways... like going to a job everyday that we hate.

@Love to live.... ditto

ppl youve totally taken what i have said out of context. All i said was i find the whole concept of a guy pushing a buggy a bit gay. I never said that he doesnt love his kid. You can show love to your kid without pushing a buggy. Im not stopping anyone from pushing a buggy anyway. Push away.

Naz wrote:
@Love to live.... ditto

ppl youve totally taken what i have said out of context. All i said was i find the whole concept of a guy pushing a buggy a bit gay. I never said that he doesnt love his kid. You can show love to your kid without pushing a buggy. Im not stopping anyone from pushing a buggy anyway. Push away.

That is the most stupidest thing ive heard.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Naz wrote:
@Love to live.... ditto

We know what you said, and we still disagree with you, I don't get how it looks gay.

Naz, are you going to stick to your opinion or do you think it may change in near future when situations change?

Maybe. Only time will tell.

Funzo wrote:
Naz wrote:
@Love to live.... ditto

That is the most stupidest thing ive heard.

which part of my post do you find stupid? The bit where im agreeing with Long to live.... about working mothers being defective or the buggy thing?

Courage wrote:
Naz wrote:
@Love to live.... ditto

We know what you said, and we still disagree with you, I don't get how it looks gay.

I dont know its just does. If it was the norm then maybe i wouldnt find it so gay but because it isnt and when i do see one on the off chance maybe thats why.

Pages