NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ya'qub wrote:
Maybe, just maybe, he is a Greek convert from Bedfordshire.

Or there are two Hamza Andrease Tzortzises, but that seems unlikely to me.

thats what i said!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:

you dumb dumb hes from luton which is in bedfordshire and yes i know hes a greek convert! i know what im talking about!

hehe i knew that were coming!

wow!!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Ya'qub - your teaching English right.. can you help me with conditional sentences?!! My head hurts Sad

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Snoopz wrote:
Ya'qub - your teaching English right.. can you help me with conditional sentences?!! My head hurts Sad

he is a really good teacher but he gets so annoying at tim's.

Snoopz wrote:

No problem,

Basically they refer to plans/intentions, depending on something else. This is why they are called 'conditional sentences', one thing happens on the 'condition' of another.

The 1st conditional is about likely/possible things.
E.G.
"If it is sunny tomorrow, I will go to the park."

The 2nd conditional is when you talk about something unlikely/impossible, relating to future events.
E.G.
"If I won the lottery, I would buy a car". or
"If I were you, I wouldn't do that!"

The 3rd conditional is when you talk about something which is impossible/in the past.
E.G.
"If she had known it was poison, he wouldn't have eaten the apple"

Is that OK? I'm surprised you're learning about it. Mainly this is not taught to native British speakers because we use sentences like the above a lot. It tends to only be taught to people learning Enlgish as a second language.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Im doing the Trinity College Tesol course

Got a langauge awareness assessment paper to complete - Ive sort of completed it but not sure if its right! I'l post it up when I get a chance- can you check them to see if they make sense?
JazakAllah Smile

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Ya'qub wrote:
Mainly this is not taught to native British speakers because we use sentences like the above a lot. It tends to only be taught to people learning Enlgish as a second language.

You English posts make me realise that us British citizens really need to learn the basic rules and structures of English properly. Its no wonder our English is so bad.

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Mainly this is not taught to native British speakers because we use sentences like the above a lot. It tends to only be taught to people learning Enlgish as a second language.

You English posts make me realise that us British citizens really need to learn the basic rules and structures of English properly. Its no wonder our English is so bad.

I didn't know anything (and I mean ANYTHING) about grammer until I did a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course. I certainly think it is worth learning, it makes you appreciate language more, but I'm glad its not forced down our throats at school (we learned what a 'verb', a 'noun' and an 'adjective' is, and that's it). If kids were forced to learn full grammer they would hate it.

The most important thing with English is for people to understand what you mean, if someone says 'can you borrow me a pencil' I don't see the point of correcting them, because I understand exactly what they mean.

ya'qub, hows ur arabic coming along?

Noor wrote:

Mushkeelah.

My Damascene dialect is OK, but term hasn't started for Fushah yet. I am staying with three Shariah students and a graduate (who speak decent enough Enlgish), so I am learning a LOT about Islam alhamdulillah. I can ask anything and they REALLY are experts!

wednesday wrote:
Midnight wrote:
wednesday wrote:
i got the first three books ... yaaay!... i'll send you (Midnight) PM when i finish the series... can't wait to tuck in!

YEH! Biggrin Wednesday, hav a read of the 1st one and leme knw wat you think. I dont wana say anythin incase it spoils it for u.

*growl* Wink (Just to clear the air: I'm not growling at you!)

lol

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

There's no good productive discussion on the forum, everything is scatterred on a marble floor.

That's why it's called the NO TOPIC thread.

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

wednesday here wrote:
There's no good productive discussion on the forum, everything is scatterred on a marble floor.

she wasnt referring to this thread lol.

wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

bingo!

bongo!

lol

I need to lay off the coffee. Biggrin

When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it is not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.

Midnight wrote:
wednesday wrote:
Funzo wrote:
wednesday here wrote:

bingo!

bongo!

lol

I need to lay off the coffee. Biggrin

And the crack.

Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Mushkeelah.

My Damascene dialect is OK, but term hasn't started for Fushah yet. I am staying with three Shariah students and a graduate (who speak decent enough Enlgish), so I am learning a LOT about Islam alhamdulillah. I can ask anything and they REALLY are experts!

Yaqub, mate, can you do me a favour? Can you ask your friends what Islam says on paying/collecting/charging tax? My understanding is, all transactions are halal so long as they don't involve ribba, and I've never heard of a tax system involving ribba. I just heard someone say that charging tax is haram. Could your friends just clarify that, please.

wednesday here wrote:

I started a new productive thread after your objections.

Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Mushkeelah.

Yaqub, mate, can you do me a favour? Can you ask your friends what Islam says on paying/collecting/charging tax? My understanding is, all transactions are halal so long as they don't involve ribba, and I've never heard of a tax system involving ribba. I just heard someone say that charging tax is haram. Could your friends just clarify that, please.

Charging tax is haram? Hahaha it sounds to me if someone has read about Religious Freedom laws and then has thought that this might be a way of getting out of paying tax. I wonder if the person who said this to you would object to an ambulance picking them up if they got run over, saying: "Please don't save my life, because the money that has payed for your equipment came from a haram source."

What is Jizya? Or even Zakat? Many scholars say that it is an Islamic State's duty to collect these.

Isnt it someones birthday this Friday???

You know who you are Biggrin

ill let you tell them.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

ill let you tell them.

Wayne Rooney?

Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Mushkeelah.

Charging tax is haram? Hahaha it sounds to me if someone has read about Religious Freedom laws and then has thought that this might be a way of getting out of paying tax. I wonder if the person who said this to you would object to an ambulance picking them up if they got run over, saying: "Please don't save my life, because the money that has payed for your equipment came from a haram source."

What is Jizya? Or even Zakat? Many scholars say that it is an Islamic State's duty to collect these.

Yeah, thanks for that. It's just that they were two of them, they seemed so confident and I'd expect them to know better. they asked another one of our friend who just said: "Allaho allim"
I just needed to clarify that. Smile

OK, is it your birthday Seraph?

Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Noor wrote:

Mushkeelah.

Yeah, thanks for that. It's just that they were two of them, they seemed so confident and I'd expect them to know better. they asked another one of our friend who just said: "Allaho allim"
I just needed to clarify that. Smile

OK, is it your birthday Seraph?

Nope.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:

ill let you tell them.

Ya'qubs Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Naz wrote:
Seraphim wrote:

ill let you tell them.

Ya'qubs Biggrin

Yep!! and he will get a page congratulations on his facebook from me lol!

Nice to see some people pay attention

Biggrin

Back in BLACK

Aaw Happy Birthday Ya'qub.

(hwd u guys knw its hs birthday?)

facebook

Midnight wrote:
Aaw Happy Birthday Ya'qub.

(hwd u guys knw its hs birthday?)

jedi used his powers.

WHAT! Its his Birthday? :o

Which one Revival Birthday or Real Birthday?

Why did not anyone tell me! Sad

And why am I the always the last person to know! :x

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Pages

Topic locked