NO TOPIC the Third

1093 posts / 0 new
Last post

if ive ever said anything to offend you, tough!

Behold...Me!

Ya'qub wrote:
sorry for any offence I have caused

I forgive you for all the abuse you have given me Blum 3

only joking.

Have a brilliant time. Dont work too hard. Makes sure you get out in the sun and give that pasty complexion a tan lol.

I think i speak for everyone when i say you will be missed dearly.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

All the best Ya'qub. Blum 3

Yaqub its been great having you on the forum and it was even better meeting you in person at earls court (remember? wave in the air ill be able to spot you,lol) your input with the discussions conversations on this forum really nearlly always put a smile of my face. InshALLAH we will meet and speak again and inshALLAH ALLAH swt will bless your journey and your time in syria and make you an excellent teacher and make you a better muslim, may ALLAH swt give you a good life in this dunya and in the akhira AMEEN, have a good one , asalaamulaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu wa jannatu.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

ameen

Behold...Me!

YAY!
good luck yaqub!
it was cool meeting u btw at the islam expo!
n inshaallah by next yr youll have achieved your goals

dont forget us!

Best Of Luckk Ya'qubb!!
We will defoo miss ur presence in the forum!!
takecareee of urselff!

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Let us know when you get there!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

How do you know if your dyslexic?

In some ppl its really obvious because of the way they write or speak while others you cant tell.

Naz wrote:

In some ppl its really obvious because of the way they write or speak while others you cant tell.

You have to take a test

Back in BLACK

Naz wrote:

if u cant tell, it cant be much of a problem, so theres no need to know.

Behold...Me!

Best wishes Yaq'ub!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

I was at uni today and we were given a scenario and had to work in groups and come up with an answer. The question our group got was about a Jewish client coming for advice to a solicitor and the solicitors partner telling the solicitor to turn the Jewish client away. We all agreed there it could potentially be classed as discrimination (you would need to ask the partner what they meant by the comment before you could definitely confirm it was discrimination)

We all agreed that it was religious discrimination but the rest also said it was race discrimination. I disagreed with the latter because im pretty sure Judaism is not a race.

Here is a definition of race from the Solicitors code of conduct.

Rule
6.01 Duty not to discriminate

* (1)

You must not in your professional dealings with employees, partners, members, directors, barristers, other lawyers, clients or third parties discriminate, without lawful cause, against any person, nor victimise or harass them on the grounds of:
o Angel

race or racial group (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins);

Any thoughts?

hmmmm

I remember doing this.

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
hmmmm

I remember doing this.

well?

Yes it is race discrimination, you have to be BORN a Jew to be classed as a Jew, converting is really really difficult.

Courage wrote:
Yes it is race discrimination, you have to be BORN a Jew to be classed as a Jew, converting is really really difficult.

But if you look at the definition, race encompasses nationality and ethnicity. If a Jewish person was born in Britain it would make him a British Jew. If his/her ancestor were originally from Israel then it would make his ethnicity Israeli. So in this case IF he was being discriminated for being British or Israeli (which he is not, just for being Jewish which is a religion) would make it race discrimination.

Naz* wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
hmmmm

I remember doing this.

well?

Well what??

Back in BLACK

Seraphim wrote:
Naz* wrote:
Seraphim wrote:
hmmmm

I remember doing this.

well?

Well what??

Dont matter.

Naz wrote:
Courage wrote:

But if you look at the definition, race encompasses nationality and ethnicity. If a Jewish person was born in Britain it would make him a British Jew. If his/her ancestor were originally from Israel then it would make his ethnicity Israeli. So in this case IF he was being discriminated for being British or Israeli (which he is not, just for being Jewish which is a religion) would make it race discrimination.

Someone can be a Jew and be an atheist at the same time. There is Judaism the religion, and Judaism the race. They are not exactly the same thing.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Salaam ppl

Firstly I would like to apologise if I have offended anyone with my language, it wasnt appropriate.

Secondly I want to apologise to the ppl whose threads I have ruined by replying back to Omrow’s comments.

Thirdly to all the newbees that are currently on the forum and the passersby ignore what is going on between me and Omrow. We trying to resolve some issues that he has with me.

@ Mez your comment was bang out of order. There wasnt any need for it.

@Omrow its obvious you have a problem with me and we could go back forth making comments to each other (it really doesn’t bother me) however, its not fair on everyone else who wants to post on the forum but cant coz of me and you. So il tell you what If you don’t feel comfortable with saying what it is you have against me on this forum then come and find me on Thursday and we can sit down and discuss it face to face like mature adults. I will be on the 5th floor in the Sandra Burslem building (formally known as all saints) on Oxford road. Ive said my piece now the balls in your court.

w/salaam

@naz: do u know omrow (outside the forum i mean)?

Noor wrote:
@naz: do u know omrow (outside the forum i mean)?

No. And let this be the end of it.
No more shall we speak of it.

Back in BLACK

Good on you, Naz!

YA'QUB YOU DUCK! How dare you leave. You're married to the revival, you can't just up and leave when things aren't going so great. It's not only immoral its foul, you fowl! Have a good trip.

Naz* wrote:
I was at uni today and we were given a scenario and had to work in groups and come up with an answer. The question our group got was about a Jewish client coming for advice to a solicitor and the solicitors partner telling the solicitor to turn the Jewish client away. We all agreed there it could potentially be classed as discrimination (you would need to ask the partner what they meant by the comment before you could definitely confirm it was discrimination)

Any thoughts?

Yeah, why did the partner send the man away? Perhaps ther was a lawful reason. You need to first ascertain if the man was sent away because he was Jewish.

As for the question of religeous and/or racial descrimination:

Religeous discrimination is on the basis of someone's religeon. But if you think about it, rarely is it a case of theological descrimination. e.g. you might hear "You Muslim!" but its rare to hear "You mon-thiest!"
I mean aside from the drama of hand-amputation and flogging descriminators don't have a problem with what another person believes. The problem is usually to do with the descriminators opinions of behaviours specific to people of certain religeons. So he might think "muslims are terrorists" or "Jews are stingy" etc
But when you start descriminatin on the basis of stereotypical behaviours, are you not in essence descriminating against someone because of the'r social norms (whether real or imagined)? I think so.
So what it boils down to is that, alot of cases of religeous descrimination, whilst religeous because they tick the neccessary boxes are in reality a specific form of racial descrimination. Further I would go so far as to class religeous descrimination EITHER as a specific form of racial descrimination or as philosophic descrimination.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Funzo wrote:
Yaqub its been great having you on the forum and it was even better meeting you in person at earls court (remember? wave in the air ill be able to spot you,lol) your input with the discussions conversations on this forum really nearlly always put a smile of my face. InshALLAH we will meet and speak again and inshALLAH ALLAH swt will bless your journey and your time in syria and make you an excellent teacher and make you a better muslim, may ALLAH swt give you a good life in this dunya and in the akhira AMEEN, have a good one , asalaamulaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu wa jannatu.

ameen and i hope u the best... it was nice knowing you... (even though it was little)
p.s my real name is Anzel

it's not that I'm always right.....
I'm just never wrong

Salam

Naz wrote:

ignore what is going on between me and Omrow.
We trying to resolve some issues that he has with me.

Omrow
come and find me on Thursday and we can sit down and discuss it face to face like mature adults.

I will be on the 5th floor in the Sandra Burslem building.

First, Men dont have issues. Well, maybe girly men do.

Second, I could meet and discuss your anxieties, on that 5th floor,
but there is one small problem:

You are not mature enough for a civilised discussion.

The fact that you want you try to push guys off such a height is evidence enough of your insanity.

Omrow

All the best Ya'kub, (though you've probably gone by now!) enjoy yourself! remember me in your duas, i'll remember you in mine.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! Biggrin

[Naz & Omrow, your destroying this thread aswell. Omrow you can't talk, you're acting immature yourself!]

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

No Topic thread is indestructable.

So dont you worry little boy.

Pages

Topic locked