The Do’s And Don’ts Of Dawah

191 posts / 0 new
Last post

private = pay for
public = free

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

actually depends who u talking to. everyone knows a private school is private.

public school is also sometimes used to refer to grammar fee paying schools. They say a ''former public school boy'' and this refers to a person who was a former student at a private school.

its confusing

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
actually depends who u talking to. everyone knows a private school is private.

public school is also sometimes used to refer to grammar fee paying schools. They say a ''former public school boy'' and this refers to a person who was a former student at a private school.

its confusing

That's screwy... wonder how they came up with that idea.

Anybody else here a victim of boarding school?

its something to do with olden times. before all schools were church schools except for the public schools where the children of elite went.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medievalist" wrote:
its something to do with olden times. before all schools were church schools except for the public schools where the children of elite went.

ohhh well yea that does make sense then.

They did that over here too, my old hs was founded to be public.

i wnet state school!

PS114

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
i wnet state school!

PS114

ha - HA

Foolish Brit!

I have extracted very important information which I will be handing over to my government tomorrow!!

My brilliant cunning has revealed that there are AT LEAST 114 public schools in England.

AAAAAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHHAA

...maybe I shouldn't have gone with the double shot espresso

who says i went school in britain :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Dave" wrote:
[img]

how'd ya do that!

[img]

i was actually born and raised in philly

born and raised, the playground is where i spent most of my days
chillin and relaxin all cool....shootin some B-ball outsida skool
wen a couple of guyz were up2 no good
got in 1 lil fight and ma mom got scared....she said ur movin 2 ur uncle and aunties in .... :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
[img]

how'd ya do that!

[img]

got in 1 lil fight and ma mom got scared....she said ur movin 2 ur uncle and aunties in .... :roll:

will smith wanabe :roll: btw have u seen the asian version to those lyrics, very funny!

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
[img]

how'd ya do that!

[img]

You're from the US?!

.....Why the hell didn't you tell me?!

This is splendid I got two American for the price of... well not for the price of anything.

Philly is a splendid town - except for the whole gang violence problem

But it's truly a charming city.

You ever comin back?

philly is where my heart is at!!

i never left!!!

aye will try comin bak soon

might even pop into South Carolina Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"angel" wrote:
"Darth Hayder" wrote:
"Dave" wrote:
[img]

how'd ya do that!

[img]

will smith wanabe :roll: btw have u seen the asian version to those lyrics, very funny!

whatever!!

asian lyrics? link me please!! or send or tell me where

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
philly is where my heart is at!!

i never left!!!

aye will try comin bak soon

might even pop into South Carolina Biggrin

lol I think you would [i]like a lot of the people down here[/i].

i was close by once, never popped in

spent most of the time in Arizona tho.....wasnt all that :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
i was close by once, never popped in

spent most of the time in Arizona tho.....wasnt all that :?

Really? I liked AZ. New Mexico and Texas are way better though (becuz of the border) especially Texas - especially El Paso Texas.

Def go there

The Queso is extraordinary

never was too keen on the mexiancs unfortunately dave!!

i was born and raised in the hoods in my early days, learnt things the hard way......due to my associations i grew up with a wrong understanding of the other folks....folks who wernt like us

Queso does look extraordinary indeed

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth Hayder" wrote:
never was too keen on the mexiancs unfortunately dave!!

i was born and raised in the hoods in my early days, learnt things the hard way......due to my associations i grew up with a wrong understanding of the other folks....folks who wernt like us

Queso does look extraordinary indeed

Eh - that's the north for ya, yall live on top of each other and consequently can't stand each other.

Mexicans down here are the coolest people on earth - none of that gangbanger nonsense you see in the movies (or from the sounds of it got first hand)

Relaxed - "Chillaxed" fun, always in a good mood - fantastic cooks and just chilled.

Prolly the topical weather.

Lots of Islanders here too - I love the islanders a lot, they are the typa people that not only invite ya to puerto rico or haiti but invite you to stay at their houses.

You're going to be a wealthy man Haydar - and when you are, get yourself a shoreline house down South and relax.

Reeeelax.

Chillax!

will do dave, dont worry Dirol

if im around, we can have some of that mexican food and keema!!

what you say ol' pal?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

Sometimes people in their zeal to “conform” others and correct their misguided ways undermine the importance of Adab…

Naseehah (advice) especially should be given in private NOT in front of an audience. Naseehah is most likely to bear its fruit when given to a person when he is by himself, for in such a situation the person is less likely to be affected by the thoughts of others.

Why don’t people think of that when the publicly blam others in front of an audience?

You get ladies sometimes who attend a study circle and are not dressed properly...one lady in that circle will always start on her and will begin to talk about how the serpents in the grave will bite the parts of the body that she has exposed and everyone else just stares and listens…and then they wonder why people don’t return to the circle.

A wise man once said “"A believer covers up and gives naseehah, whereas an evildoer exposes and humiliates."

Wasalaam

Do you guys have those fools that run around trying to trick people into saying the sahadah and then declaring them converted?

That was started a while ago here and with the addition of two more egyptians to my school it's become the "in thing" for the compus dawah nazis.

"Dave" wrote:
Do you guys have those fools that run around trying to trick people into saying the sahadah and then declaring them converted?

That was started a while ago here and with the addition of two more egyptians to my school it's become the "in thing" for the compus dawah nazis.

Lol...No, I havent heard of that. That type of conversion wouldnt be valid anyway.

However, the link below is an example of fatal/extreme conversion. Its so depressing when people tell me about things like this.

[url= News[/url]

When giving dawah to fellow Muslims, rather than waffling and blabbing away randomly, we should try and structure the way we give out information.

Every Muslim must be able to recite Shahadah correctly in Arabic and know its meaning. The idea is to affirm the unity of God, to reject all dieties besides Allah, and to emphasize the obedience to the Prophet (s).

A Muslim must learn how to perform Salat correctly and in accordance with its prescribed rituals.

A Muslim cannot claim to be a true Muslim unless he is knowledgeable about the fundamental beliefs and practices of Islam. A Muslim must also perform dhikr (ritual remembrance of God) frequently in order to inculcate a habit of remembering Allah all the time.

It is incumbent on every Muslim to be respectful and polite to fellow Muslims and show deference toward them. This idea of "Ikram-I-Momin" (respect for Muslims) is not only a relgious obligation but also a basic prerequisite for effective da’wa work.

A Muslim must always incubate honesty and sincerity of purpose in all endeavors. Everything is to be done for the sake of seeking pleasure of Allah.

Finally, every Muslim must realise their responsibility of giving dawah.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

I heard something similar to the article above.

I think there was also a similar article in either the times, the independednt or the guardian where basically some excriminal blacks became muslim in prison and when they were freed they formed a gang called themselves some muslim gang name and went around extrajudicially killing and attacking other black gangs in london.

This is not islam, it s gangland warfare where one gang somehow becomes muslim and then use that as the criterio to be part of their gang.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

However, the link below is an example of fatal/extreme conversion. Its so depressing when people tell me about things like this.

[url= News[/url]

a lady was telling my mum about ^^^^ today

i HATE muslims who give Islam a bad name :evil:

Only one way to deal with such people - a short drop and a quick stop.

The only good from that is that boy is a martyr. May God have mercy on the rest of em.

Dawah Through Billboards

Coming out of Jumua'ah today I saw a different advert, this was for the latest "Bollywood Movie". I asked myself why does this Masjid allow such advertisements to be placed right outside their Masjid? Is it the reason that this Masjid gets paid for these Billboards on their property!! Or they just don't have a clue as to what benefits it would do if we used it to spread the deen of Islam?

If (That's a big IF) these committee members use these advertising Billboards, to place an advert giving dawah by placing a Ayah from The Holy Quran or a Hadith of the Prophet (SAW) on a weekly/monthly basis, will it not promote Islam? Will it show Islam as a Terrorist Religion? Will it teach that under the feet of our Mother is Jannah? Will it harm the Financial Budget of the Masjid? While every single Friday of the year the generous Muslim Community digs deep into its pocket each week to pay for the Masjid?

If you do wish to go ahead with the idea of your local Mosque, using the Bill Boards to give dawah, be ready for a statement like this:

“Oh Biddah, Biddah, why you imitating the Kufar! AstagfiruAllah, Tauba Tauba”

We have quite a few Muslims in our Community who think like this. Why is it that we have to think we are imitating the Non Muslims? Is it because they are ashamed of not coming with this idea first? Maybe it’s just the way some members of the Committee Members think. I can think of many ideas, but I really don’t care, in this time of age we the Ummah need to use all means necessary to promote Islam.

[url=

I LOVED this article

I think MPAC made a very valid point-

they are fast becoming my hero's Dirol

Astaghfirullah.

Tawbah Tawbah

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illaa billah.

chi chi chi
tut tut tut!

Im shocked!!
Im free from this!

llooooooooooooooooooll