The Do’s And Don’ts Of Dawah

191 posts / 0 new
Last post

LOL

I'm five foot tall

slim and can easily get beaten up by my younger bro

thats why I talk more to compensate for the fact that I'll never be able to beat any one up Cray 2

You do have an even younger sister right? - Beat her up.

Problem solved.

And now you can tone down the barking.

Which means our collective problem is solved!!

she gets pushed around more then enough by me :twisted:

if I'm not venting my anger out on u guys I'm taking it out on a lil baby

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
she gets pushed around more then enough by me :twisted:

if I'm not venting my anger out on u guys I'm taking it out on a lil baby

lol way to pick on little girls.

You're like Susie from Calvin and Hobbes, Girly - but mean.

Really mean.

And just...

mean.

"angel" wrote:

I think when someone is doin dawah they should keep in mind not to tell the person off or come across as being better than them cuz only allah is the judge of that, also when givin dawah one should not overload another with so much info. cuz then it becomes pointless, in one ear out the other....one should not force islam one ppl or the views and the best way to give dawah is to act like a role model as mentioned by muslimsis.

yep no one likes "religious bullies"

but there seems to be an increase in them these days :roll:

I'm all for the door to door knocking, and am in agreement with medieval that those who find it annoying are the ones who are weak. And medievals correct in saying it takes a lot of courage to do that, especially the newer, less experienced members of Tabligh.

I've had young boys stuttering at my doorstep talking about the meaning of life in Islam. Just the prescence of these brothers makes me think about myself. I mean if they wanted they could be out playing footy, watching telly, they could do what they want. But for the pleasure of Allah, they pluck up the courage to knock on a fellow muslims front door. MashAllah. I wish I had that sorta courage.

Mind you, there have been times when Tablighi brothers have come to my door and I was in the middle of something. Its hard for you to tell them that you'e very busy.

Yashmaki, the Tablighi brothers / Mosques usually have lists of Muslims in the localities. Yes they target only the Muslims. I am total agreement with you that everybody should be targeted- muslim or non muslim. But I also understand the strategy used by the tablighi brothers. They believe their priorities are with reviving the Muslims to follow Islam, before attempting the non-Muslim in this manner.

Thats not to say they ignore the non-Muslims. Theyre strategy with the non-Muslims are by example, i.e. at work, when you're out, at college etc etc.

When they go on theyre 'Gashts', door to doors. They have a Aamir, a Rahba and a Mutaqallim. They do their duahs before leaving the mosque on correct intentions. They walk on one side of the road with their gazes lowered. They read zhikr with every step and do not partake in conversation re duniya. If there are any obstructions, dangers, litter, they will move it to one side before proceeding. They do their Istaghfar on theyre return to the mosque.

Trust, these men aint compromising anything in Islam when it comes to Dawah, they got their strict guidelines, and they follow it well. If you don't want them coming to your house.You just have to tell them and they won't bother you.

But any sincere Muslim won't do that. They will be pleased that there are Muslims in their community who are watching out for them.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

next time hypocritical religious buliies who do door to door dawah knock on my door

I'm gonna switch my door bell off

"khan" wrote:
I'm all for the door to door knocking, and am in agreement with medieval that those who find it annoying are the ones who are weak. And medievals correct in saying it takes a lot of courage to do that, especially the newer, less experienced members of Tabligh.

I've had young boys stuttering at my doorstep talking about the meaning of life in Islam. Just the prescence of these brothers makes me think about myself. I mean if they wanted they could be out playing footy, watching telly, they could do what they want. But for the pleasure of Allah, they pluck up the courage to knock on a fellow muslims front door. MashAllah. I wish I had that sorta courage.

Mind you, there have been times when Tablighi brothers have come to my door and I was in the middle of something. Its hard for you to tell them that you'e very busy.

Yashmaki, the Tablighi brothers / Mosques usually have lists of Muslims in the localities. Yes they target only the Muslims. I am total agreement with you that everybody should be targeted- muslim or non muslim. But I also understand the strategy used by the tablighi brothers. They believe their priorities are with reviving the Muslims to follow Islam, before attempting the non-Muslim in this manner.

Thats not to say they ignore the non-Muslims. Theyre strategy with the non-Muslims are by example, i.e. at work, when you're out, at college etc etc.

When they go on theyre 'Gashts', door to doors. They have a Aamir, a Rahba and a Mutaqallim. They do their duahs before leaving the mosque on correct intentions. They walk on one side of the road with their gazes lowered. They read zhikr with every step and do not partake in conversation re duniya. If there are any obstructions, dangers, litter, they will move it to one side before proceeding. They do their Istaghfar on theyre return to the mosque.

Trust, these men aint compromising anything in Islam when it comes to Dawah, they got their strict guidelines, and they follow it well. If you don't want them coming to your house.You just have to tell them and they won't bother you.

But any sincere Muslim won't do that. They will be pleased that there are Muslims in their community who are watching out for them.

now when u open the door u see a fewguys with big beards, in white robes or salwaar kameez, wearing a turbam..it will put anyone off. Biggrin

and what do they do, just invite you to the mosque for a 'bayaan'...wipeee!

they have come to my house a few times....and i start doing tableegh on them Lol then they say they have to go Biggrin

the brothers are good, i just dont agree with the methodology, thats all.

now if 1 person when to 1 house, and also gave literature, free english quran...then ppl wont mind..no one wants to have a conversation on their doorstep...an dno one wants to be disturbed....i was in middle of revival meeting, and 3 bros came....they cudnt understand that i was busy, they think i was trying to get rid off them, so i had to put my foot down and say im in the middle of a meeting, why dont u come later an di will invite you inside and we will have a proper chat and have some tea, then they went! Biggrin you call that tableegh!

i know tableegi brothers and i always suggest to them, rather going door to door, go to the park, youth club, snooker centre, community centre, town centre etc.... and speak to ppl there..but they said there is fitna there- i said EXACTLY!!!! thats where tableegh is needed!
:o

it would be cool if TJ's went door to door in a non muslim area..that would be real dawah, they can get message of islam to non muslims, give them literature, free Qur'ans, cds, etc...

again, im not cussing tableegi jamaat, just constructive criticism. and its not just TJ's who do that, other groups do it aswell.

anyway i have gave my suggestions about dawah methodologies..

The tabligh do post leaflets in our area and they do visit football pitches, too be honest I have never had anyone come and knock on my door, they have pull me up on the street, but their bayaan is always short and sweet, so the person remember it. I personally have alot of respect for them, as they have alot of zeal in their message.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

Salaam

I also don’t believe that anyone should knock on other people’s door without an invitation.

Simply and only because this inconveniences the entire family.

I’m sure if door to door dawah guys phoned before coming, they’d be welcomed and even fed…

This has got nothing to do with “weak Iman”…its basic Islamic manners/etiquettes.

I personally believe that speeches/programmes, Islamic Mags, informal study circles, radio’s and stalls are effective forms of dawah….

However, Islam should NEVER be forced down anyone’s throat…..regardless of whatever approach one has chosen.

What some may see as “passion and zeal” may be interpreted by others as being “too forceful”.

Wasalaam

its sad to see Muslims themselves are Islamophobic these days, being put off by beards and white robes. May Allah open our eyes.

in recent years, they have cut down on the random door to doors. i think they just go to the doors of Tablighi brothers now.

the tablighi's do not go to peoples doors to be fed or invited into the warmth. to hint otherwise is sad.

of course its to do with weakness. I personally do not see a problem with muslims knocking on muslims doors. When you mention etiquette, i think you've got it the wrong way around.

Basic manners and etiquette in Islam are of a more welcoming manner rather than 'do not disturb'.

You see, Islam is not being 'forced' in this instance as some of you are suggesting. Since they're approaching the Muslims, all they are doing is giving them a brief reminder.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

i agree with Mr Ed cos I'm his "fan" :roll: :roll:

coming without invitation annoys every member in the house

people are always busy at home doing sumin

its v rude

even whenever I fone my mate the first thing i say is "u busy?-can u chat?"

if they call before they came there'd be no problem

people with weak iman are the ones who think there is nothing wrong with inconvenicing others

I have seen them after Salaah, stand at the exit, not allowing people to leave...

I am all for them though. They have guts.

However there are different ways of preaching. One is talking down to people, another is talking to people. They should always go for the latter.

And should not judge. Its not their job, nor ours.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

sure people are busy wit duniya. they got things to do, people to see, places to go.

10 minutes of their time talking about Islam, for the pleasure of Allah.. hmm.. yeh dats soooo annoying.. :roll:

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"Admin" wrote:

However there are different ways of preaching. One is talking down to people, another is talking to people. They should always go for the latter.

the one who knocks on our door in known for "gripsing" guys by the collar and taking them to mosque

so try telling such a guy that we're busy and that the house is full of guests or that there is a ISLAMIC meeting going on so please stop by couple of hours later

This is a typical reflection of Muslims today. They don't have time for Allah.

No time to pray, Not even time to talk about Him on their doorstep.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

i was in middle of revival meeting, and 3 bros came....they cudnt understand that i was busy, they think i was trying to get rid off them, so i had to put my foot down and say im in the middle of a meeting, why dont u come later an di will invite you inside and we will have a proper chat and have some tea, then they went! Biggrin you call that tableegh!

its intresting u should say that

if ur self are busy in an ISLAMIC meeting-and have people in ur house

why cant the preachers undertand that ur busy with ur own ISLAMIC dawah work

this dont show that u dont have "time for Allah"

some people lack basic manners and think they are in a position to do dawah :roll:

its wrong to put muslims down like dat. suggesting that they will only come back for the tea. dats cold.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"khan" wrote:
This is a typical reflection of Muslims today. They don't have time for Allah.

No time to pray, Not even time to talk about Him on their doorstep.

This may be true, but the cure is not forcing yourself on others.

Its a choice.

Before preaching we must use wisdom.

The Revival preaches. But do we push people away? no.

We have a targetted audience. we engage with them. We deal with their issues. We give answers. We do not get the same exposure as others who do the hard sell, but we are effective in what we do. We make people think about their life.

We have had people on here who were totally unislamic, but with coming into contact with The Revival, have changed their way of thinking, and become better muslims.

On the Old old forums, we had a brother who came on, and was lost and confused. He came on again about a year later, and was a good muslim. He had managed to change his way.

Not because someone had forced him, but because he was presented an opportunity, and grabbed it with both hands.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Okay the revival got their methods, so have the tablighi brothers. Different methods, you cant compare the two.

Count the number of Tablighi members world wide, count the number of Revival members.

All I am saying, they got their methods, just because people aint very welcoming of their fellow muslims coming to their doors, just because they don't have time for Allah.. Don't give us the right to put them down.

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i agree with Mr Ed cos I'm his "fan" :roll: :roll:

Let not get too carry away now :roll: As long as you giving a explantion as well to why you think so, there isn't a problem.

But on the Tabligh,I went to my first tabligh mosque the other week and no lie, they probably had more people reading Magribh namaaz, then our mosque has reading Eid namaaz. This is really testimony to the work of teh Tabligh. Yes the method is not suited too all, but nor is the revival. I had people critising aspect of the mag, because in today environment you ain't going to appease all and people are going to have their difference of opinion. It just the way it is. But allhumduillah the tabligh mosque I went, was full and had many different nationality and revert there. We shouldn't knock a system just because we don't agree with it, I don't like the door knocking system, but if it producing result, allhumduillah.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"Admin" wrote:
[

So Mr Admin

if a person refused to take or read a copy of the Revival

do u think you'd ever be in a judgemental position to claim thats its cos "they have no time for God"?

We had these TJ ppl come over to over house and they so proudly announced that they had come from england and i thought why have u come all the way from england, what do we scots need more door-to-door dawah? I totally disagree with that they should make more effort on workin on their own family, friends, community and country then decide to come here..overall i dont have anythin against them but its just their timin is the worse and it takes them so long to just invite sum1 to the mosque.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
[

So Mr Admin

if a person refused to take or read a copy of the Revival

do u think you'd ever be in a judgemental position to claim thats its cos "they have no time for God"?

I don't judge. Full stop.

If I ever judge a person, its a weakness in me.

I do not know the person. I do not know why s/he did not take it.

The tableeghi's do have their methods. They may work for them, but as always there is a fine line.

We do need people who preach. They have the guts to do so.

i agree with Khan Saab.........and at the same time i agree with Admin

Too many people have negative views of the door0-to-door knockers....im sure they have good intentions and we shouldnt knock them for that. Kindly explain if your busy, but remember what counts as busy and what can be brushed aside for a few minutes in the rememberance of Allah SWT.

and about the fact they dress in shalwar kameez and have beards.....thats good aint it :?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

Some preachers pay more attention to their message whilst dismissing the importance of sorting their approach out.

The most futile dawah techniques in my opinion are the type when….

1-Preachers who just shout/criticise and talk down to you….those who patronise you.
2-The preachers that think they have the right to judge what you do/do not do….
3-Those who “force” you to listen to them….
4-Those who spew hatred towards those who they think may be misguided and the “dirty kufar”.

When such people talk, I hear but I don’t listen.

It’s got nothing to do with “not having time for Islam”. Everyone has a right to be treated with respect…..the preacher AND the audience.

It’s true that different types of dawah styles work for different people, however whichever type one chooses, we all should realise that a bit of Islamic manners and etiquettes goes a long way.

Wasalaam

...also since we are told to make 70 excuses for other Muslims, its wrong to claim that those who do not listen to the "door to door" preachers have "no time for Allah".

Only Allah (swt) knows best their home situation and state of mind.

tablighi's do not shout - theyre very feminine in their approach, hence why you rarely see them in the media.

now if there is a genuine reason for not participate in conversing about Islam at your door. Then cool. They won't jam your door wit their foot.

'no time for Allah' is my reponse to the 'do not disturb' attitude

tablighis do not judge, they just tell you whats right if you're willing to listen.

there no such thing as force in Islam, no-ones putting a gun to your head to listen to Islam. Well not in this country anyway.

agreed. etiquette goes both ways, the dawah providers part as well as the recievers. dat not to say if Muslims come to my door to convey an Islamic message its being rude.

angel you mentioned working on their families before preaching to the rest of the world. valid point.

The Tablighi strategy involves, beggining with yourself, your family, and your community. Thats not to say if you've got sinners in your family you should not give dawah elsewhere. I mean at the time of our prophet (s.a.w) I believe there were members of his own family who did not believe Allahs words straight away. Did that stop him from giving dawah elsewhere?

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

I didnt mention the name of Tablighi's anywhere in my post.

I don't know who the guys are who come and knock on my door, but I know that they are not "Tablighis" cos they make fun out of them.

And the ones who knock on my door are known to use force- they're famous for this.

so u dont know the name of the ones who force you to listen to Islam.. but theyre famous :roll:

Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,

Pages