The Do’s And Don’ts Of Dawah

191 posts / 0 new
Last post

We are not laughing WITH you...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Thats ok, Im not laughing with me either!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

another DONT of dawah is that u SHOULDNT come across as a religious snob :evil:

the WORST type of dawah IMO is when people put other religions down in order to big their own religion up

this is WRONG

u get people explaining why muslim women wear hijaab by saying how "ugly, cheap and common" non muslim women look when they dont wear one :roll:

NO WONDER people dont want to know

well on the topic of Dawah.....

today at Uni of Manchester, Shaykh Zia Ullah Khan from Canada did a terrific speech, one that was really relevant, and as always with him - really funny.

i think more attempt needs to be made into coming across as knowledgable, approachable and funny.

second time ive heard him in a month, and this guy i rate.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
i think more attempt needs to be made into coming across as knowledgable, approachable and funny.

I think 90% of Dawah depends on the presentation/approach.

Yet, too many people undermine it's importance. One is more likley to reject someone's message if they have an issue with the presentation-even if the speaker is speaking Haq (truth).

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I think 90% of Dawah depends on the presentation/approach.

Thats right.

If the advertising companies can sell us all sort crap simply by nice packging techniques, then surely Truth which is far more attractive, would only needs a small amount of good presentation.

God should be put in the most beautiful of packages.

If you can't do that, then don't sell God.

Sell something else !!

Omrow

the first part of ur post was very valid

then u had to ruin it with ur last two lines :roll:

People do not "sell God"

they promote his religion

promotion and sales are the same thing.

We are always selling. Sometimes its ourselves, at other times its our beliefs.

Its different from selling out, where you just buy wholesale someone elses position.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

Its ok Boss. Let her have it her way. She is learning.

She just likes to be politically correct.

Omrow

Pages