The teach me Urdu thread

119 posts / 0 new
Last post

Sumaiya wrote:
It seems that everyone on this website (apart from me) is either indian, pakistani or bengali.

Hey!

I'm Scottish. I have a special family tartan an everything!

And I think Funzo is ethnically Irish...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

LMAOOO!!
what a threadd haha
i speak Urdu.. urdu urdu urdu.. i can hardly speak Punjabi, and when i do its a mix of lahori (which is where my parents are from) mirpuri coz of the area i live in in Sheffield, mixed with half english half urdu words.. which is whyyy i NEVER speak Punjabi, unless to my granparents haha
Our mother tongue is urdu, so i did Urdu early entry GCSE and A level Alhamdulillah..
soo ill teachhh uu lol hehe

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Sirus wrote:
urdu is easy!

i probably speak more urdu than english on a daily basis :? .....lately, ive started saying things in urdu i would normally say in english....which is weird

lool me aswell.. well it was more frequent in school actually, we used 2 have an "official mangy day" - (dont ask why its called that) where all day we spoke our own languages to each other,even to the teachers lmaoo.. they got VERY annoyed, it wasss soo muchh funn lol.. but fortunetly they understand most of our language, seeing as my school is literally 95% pakistani lmaoo...

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

Well you said that you could speak urdu or something earlier and whos funzo?

Behold...Me!

Thanks, do you know which part of ireland hes from?

Behold...Me!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.

Behold...Me!

I thought bedford was in the midlands?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i thought it was in belfast which is in northern ireland

Behold...Me!

Sumaiya wrote:
okay so hes from northen ireland, yaqub is scottish and im english ao now all we need is a southern irish person and wed make up the british isles.

er...I don't mean to always get on your back but...

what about Wales?

oh sugar puff and honey iced tea, well thats out of the window then. Are you a troo sco'ish mon? Do you have the accent as well?

Behold...Me!

Ya'qub wrote:
Sumaiya wrote:

what about Wales?

I used to live in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin up, mate! Life's too short.

Courage wrote:
Ya'qub wrote:
Sumaiya wrote:

what about Wales?

I used to live in Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ethnically Welsh?

Is your last name Jones?

Do you sing songs about leeks in a choir?

If yes, then astaghfirullah!

Are you ethnically Scottish?
Is your second name Salmond?
Do you attract Loch Ness Monsters with bagpipes?

i think its the northen irish accent that sounds like american

Behold...Me!

if anyone want to do a perfect impression of a cow...

and I mean PERFECT....

don't say the simple, boring, 'Moo!' Have you ever heard a cow say 'moo!' in the way it's spelt? I think not.

Instead, try saying the word 'Mirror' in a Northern Irish accent.

THAT sounds just like a cow!

Well done, excellent impression. Give yourself a pat on the back.

LMAO! :roll:

I can actually do a proper cow impression, believe it or not! Shame you can't hear me.

Ya'qub wrote:
if anyone want to do a perfect impression of a cow...

and I mean PERFECT....

don't say the simple, boring, 'Moo!' Have you ever heard a cow say 'moo!' in the way it's spelt? I think not.

Instead, try saying the word 'Mirror' in a Northern Irish accent.

THAT sounds just like a cow!

Well done, excellent impression. Give yourself a pat on the back.

What I want to know is: How did you work this out?

May Allah shine sweet faith upon you this day and times beyond. May your heart be enriched with peace, and may your home be blessed always. Ameen.

Amal wrote:

What I want to know is: How did you work this out?

I can't remember where I heard this. I didn't make it up by myself.

I DID make up the 'pat on the back' comment, but noone seems to have got the joke...

*sigh*

i thght this was the teach me urdu thread but all i hear is moo?

“O my people! Truly, this life of the world is nothing but a (quick passing) enjoyment, and verily, the hereafter that is the home that will remain forever.” [Ghafir : 39]

So anyone here speak urdu?

I know a few words here and there, that's about it.

I remember this Urdu ad was advertising this thing with the brand name of GIT. Yup, that's right, GIT!
The ad was saying how good GIT was. Me and my sister were laughing our heads off!

Sumaiya wrote:
i think its the northen irish accent that sounds like american

No it doesnt.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Ya'qub wrote:
Sumaiya wrote:
It seems that everyone on this website (apart from me) is either indian, pakistani or bengali.

Hey!

I'm Scottish. I have a special family tartan an everything!

And I think Funzo is ethnically Irish...

Lol!

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Noor wrote:
LOL!

for a second i thought, what the hell is "hoar phir" haha

i thought them guys said "hoar kaer" not "phir", "kaer" sounds so much ruder.

HUH???????????????

i can't speak any language except English.
but i'm doin Arabic GCSE, it's alright in class, but i can't speak it to Arab people!! i need my books in front of me! LoL
My Nanny and Nanna speak Gujurati to us kids, and we speak to them in English. its o.k, but my mum sumtimes gets it by other 'elders' coz we don't speak th 'mother tongue'! :?

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

yalla al shabab?

Pages