Will you be my valentine:-)

121 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Seraphim" wrote:
best of luck.

Cheers!

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

prophet muhammed said that if u lived with a nation for 40 days u become one of them. he stopped there but doesnt that mean that u must take part in their traditions etc.

I've always been abit wary when it comes to Valentines. I'm not too sure about how Valentines day came about but I've heard it originated from a person who was a Christian?

Quote:
Imitation of the unbelievers (Kuffar) is something that Islam strictly disapproves of.

In a Hadith recorded by Imam Abu Dawud (Allah have Mercy on him) and others, The Messenger of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) said, “Whosoever imitates a nation is amongst them”. (Sunan Abu Dawud)

Fatwa of Shaykh Mufti Taqi Usmani - Doing something that is unique and exclusive to the non-believers or it is part of their faith. This will be considered imitation, thus Haram (unlawful).

A lot of things can be classed as imitating the kufar, where do we draw the line? It's about your niyya too, if you have no intention of imitating them, then how can this be wrong?

We can draw the line where it becomes haraam or creates a gateway to sin?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Also making things compulsory.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Im sure you will understand sooner or later.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Quote:
[b][size=14]Saudis clamp down on valentines[/size][/b]

Religious police in Saudi Arabia are banning the sale of Valentine's Day gifts including red roses, a local newspaper has reported.

The Saudi Gazette quoted shop workers as saying that officials had warned them to remove all red items including flowers and wrapping paper.

Black market prices for roses were already rising, the paper said.

Saudi authorities consider Valentine's Day, along with a host of other annual celebrations, as un-Islamic.

In addition to the prohibition on celebrating non-Islamic festivals, the authorities consider Valentine's Day as encouraging relations between men and women outside wedlock - punishable by law in the conservative kingdom.

The Saudi Gazette reported that some people placed orders with florists days or weeks before Valentine's Day in anticipation of the ban, which is a regular occurrence.

"Sometimes we deliver the bouquets in the middle of the night or early morning, to avoid suspicion," one florist said.

Others were planning to travel to the more religiously liberal neighbouring countries, Bahrain or the United Arab Emirates, to celebrate.

Saudi Arabian authorities impose a strict Islamic code that prevents men and women from mixing.

[url]

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Valentine's Day as encouraging relations between men and women outside wedlock - punishable by law in the conservative kingdom.

very true.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

"MuslimBro" wrote:
Quote:
[b][size=14]Saudis clamp down on valentines[/size][/b]

Religious police in Saudi Arabia are banning the sale of Valentine's Day gifts including red roses, a local newspaper has reported.

The Saudi Gazette quoted shop workers as saying that officials had warned them to remove all red items including flowers and wrapping paper.

Black market prices for roses were already rising, the paper said.

Saudi authorities consider Valentine's Day, along with a host of other annual celebrations, as un-Islamic.

In addition to the prohibition on celebrating non-Islamic festivals, the authorities consider Valentine's Day as encouraging relations between men and women outside wedlock - punishable by law in the conservative kingdom.

The Saudi Gazette reported that some people placed orders with florists days or weeks before Valentine's Day in anticipation of the ban, which is a regular occurrence.

"Sometimes we deliver the bouquets in the middle of the night or early morning, to avoid suspicion," one florist said.

Others were planning to travel to the more religiously liberal neighbouring countries, Bahrain or the United Arab Emirates, to celebrate.

Saudi Arabian authorities impose a strict Islamic code that prevents men and women from mixing.

[url]

Aww...c'mon guys! The Saudi royals are just teasing. They say this every year, but when it comes to the big day they'll have a large bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates for all of us! They're big softies really...

Don't just do something! Stand there.

I recieved a LOT of cards and flowers etc this year, mostly from the kids from my class...valentine day is just a commercial expression of love. I can see little wrong with it.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I recieved a LOT of cards and flowers etc this year, mostly from the kids from my class...valentine day is just a commercial expression of love. I can see little wrong with it.

depending on who is giving to who, i agree

i got something wich was really nice from a friend Biggrin

doesnt have to be lovey dovey, jus something sweet!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Noor" wrote:
just a friend eh? Wink

Yes!

Biggrin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

On valentines?

If it's a guy friend, you gotta start watching your back.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
On valentines?

Lol Lol Lol

"You" wrote:
On valentines?

i actually did get valentines texts from my mates....one i wouldnt be surprised if he was a lil on the other side.......but your ryt, better watch out..!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimBro" wrote:
I've always been abit wary when it comes to Valentines. I'm not too sure about how Valentines day came about but I've heard it originated from a person who was a Christian?

It was started by a Christian, but isn't a Christian celebration. The eprson who started it was persecuted because the state banned marriages and he was a priest who was secretly marrying people ('marrying two people together', not 'marrying himself to other people'). In my opinion he did a good thing but this day seems to have become something else, what with the secret admires and all.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Disgusting, Yaqub, disgusting. Looked like intestines and guts when I first looked at it.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
salaam

SALAAM!:lol:
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Valentine Day is approaching....

yees..here too..
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
so do people take part or not?

everyone want to do it..:D
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
do you see it as haram and evil?

i think it's not haram(=is like forbidden?)..but it's useless..
TheRevivalEditor wrote:
Should married couples take part?
isn't it good for married couples to use this day as an excuse to be nicer and closer to each other?
Is it just a waste of time....

yes..everyone can take part...:)
but i think it's a waste of time and it's a commercial "party"..if u love your partner, you love always...without presents....if u want to do it, you should do when you want to do it..not in a day specify..

TheRevivalEditor wrote:
wasalaam

is like "goodbye"? or "hello" twice? Biggrin

its easiest to just tell them its against your religion to go out with them

they take it better than telling them you would never go out with them
its what i do anyway Biggrin

SMILE! its charity Wink

wednesday wrote:
Is it suppose to turn into a 'handsome' prince 'charming' or someone like him?

What's wrong with just a toad?

Don't be so superficial!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

proud_hijabi wrote:
its easiest to just tell them its against your religion to go out with them

Not like that. Never. It'll make them think Islam is some cult.

“Before death takes away what you are given, give away whatever there is to give.”

Mawlana Jalal ud Din Rumi

wednesday wrote:
Is it suppose to turn into a 'handsome' prince 'charming' or someone like him?

Only if you kiss him :badgrin:

Back in BLACK

I hear that alcohol can do the same thing. but the prince charming may revert to be a toad by the morning after.

You wrote:
I hear that alcohol can do the same thing. but the prince charming may revert to be a toad by the morning after.

I suppose its the only way toads "get some" lol.

Back in BLACK

Pages