Will you be my valentine:-)

121 posts / 0 new
Last post

"momin" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

celebrating mawlid has got nothing to do with rada khan....
classical scholars from the last 1000 years have celebrated it and gave their rulings as permissible...
you need to do research on this...
ok, how about some proof for your claim. And why 1000 years back why not 1400 years back huh?

did the prophet or sahaba celebrate valentines:-) you serious.... lol.... if you are then we shouldnt be having this discussion...
i didn't find it funny, did someone else? What's wrong with that, after all Prophet(SAW) said that the one who is like me and my sahaba will be the only person who will go the jannah. If they didn't do that then who are you and someone else to say that it's ok to celebrate.

you need to do research on what bid'ah is, what categories they are and what the ulema have said regarding them.... because without this info no discussion can take place...

back to valentines...
ur argument: dont celebrate it as its not from islamic history
io would say fair enough.... but is it haram...bidah...if so what type...
etc u need to be clear on the ruling....
which at the moment you arent...

Subhaanh Allah, and alhamdulillah, so you've accepted that Valentine isn't muslim celebration day or part of Islamic history. So from this we can conclude that it's day which kafir people celebrate. I don't have to put it in some sort of bida'h. This hadith is enough for you, Prophet(SAW) said that whoever imitate kafirs [b]he is one of them[/b][u]. In conclusion, Valentine can never be found in Islamic history as a celebration day thus it's a kafir's celebration day and whoever does celebrate this day is one of them!!![/u]

what absolute rubbish
typical arguments from ppl who dont know jack about jack

1, mawlid is supported by all classical scholars, imam asqalani and suyuti give evidence from life of the prophet.... and if over 1000 years of CLASSICAL scholars say its allowed then who the friggin hell are you and your modern mullahs to say otherwise!!!
2, if prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) or sahabah didnt do something then that thing is not haram!!!!! its bidah which is divide in to at least 5 categories amongst the scholars. so before ypu say : 'oh prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) didnt do it its haram...its kufr.... SPEAK TO A SCHOLAR... cos from your posts its obvious u lack basic knowledge on this subject....
3, to celebrate a non muslim celebration does not make you a kafir for god sakes....what ignorance... ok say it will be wrong, sinful but become a kafir????? you need to think carefully before u open ur mouth...

this is jahiliyah at a new level...i'm shocked!!!

Ed you're talking about classical scholars... this is meaningless to certain sects who adhere who consider Islam three things "The Qur'an, the Hadith, the Hanafi school of fiqh (and even there narrowly when they want it to be read narrowly)" PERIOD.

I love how Deobandi and Salafi aqeeda is so uber streamlined they actually go so far as to deny [i]millenia old islamic tradition[/i] because it doesnt fit into their narrow description of "the sunnah." ie they can't point to it in x hadith, so please disregard the fact sunni scholars didn't question Y practice for 1000 years, it's not in an obscure hadith so there.

so is it ok to have a romantic meal on the 13th feb???!!!!!!

I just thought it would be fun to go out on the 14th!!!

.................prophet mohammed(saw) didn't use computers. is it haram for us to be using the latest technology?? :roll: :roll:

live and let live!!!!!!!

"momin" wrote:
Valentine can never be found in Islamic history as a celebration day thus it's a kafir's celebration day and whoever does celebrate this day is one of them!!!

"Angel" wrote:
So who ever celebrate's valentines is a kafir, wow....

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
it dont take much to become a kafir these days :roll:

3, to celebrate a non muslim celebration does not make you a kafir for god sakes....what ignorance... ok say it will be wrong, sinful but become a kafir????? you need to think carefully before u open ur mouth...

hmm guys, if he's referring to the hadith 'whosoever imitates a nation is from amongst them' (Abu Dawud) then we gotta be careful bout how we reply - can't deride the hadith!!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"momin" wrote:
Valentine can never be found in Islamic history as a celebration day thus it's a kafir's celebration day and whoever does celebrate this day is one of them!!!

"Angel" wrote:
So who ever celebrate's valentines is a kafir, wow....

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
it dont take much to become a kafir these days :roll:

hmm guys, if he's referring to the hadith 'whosoever imitates a nation is from amongst them' (Abu Dawud) then we gotta be careful bout how we reply - can't deride the hadith!!

sis dont give sheer ignorance some hope....:-)
lets not use a random hadith and add our own interpretation to it....pleaseeeeeeeeeee

mormin had too many pills...
lets wait till hes sober

Salaams All this poem expresses my view on this subject, Revival editor do u think this is worth publishing in the magazine?

Valentines Day

It’s coming soon
And I don’t know what to do
How many cards to buy and send
To the good looking people
It’s quite funny
they never ever send me any?

Every year it’s the same
Being asked the question
How many did u get?
I lie
and say I got over twenty
Sent most of them to myself

Not into religion much
Aint got time and I am too busy
more time for that stuff when I’m older
but every Valentine ’s Day
I buy and send cards
Didn’t realise that I was a practicing pagan
Worshipping Satan
Instead of my religion Islam

I go with the flow
And the flow goes westwards
Live life based on desires
No fear for the hell fire
Religion is just a joke
In this modern age of technology

Desires satisfied
But always more to do
Humans are pretty
When u get one
The one u don’t have seems desirable
Always the opportunity cost
And sometimes u feels lost
And spoilt for choice

Who shall I date?
And have as my mate
Coz Feb fourteen only comes once a year
Full of fear
As I ask out a nice girly
Is she taken or playing hard to get
Get my wallet out
and she’s mine without a doubt

Cash always works
And the promise of a good time
Better than the last one she was with
Hope she’s not too experienced
With a good memory
Hate comparisons
But that’s just the way it goes

In this day and age
Changing partners every few months
It’s all the rage
Me and her both

Also being careful
Not be caught by the family
Otherwise
It’s the arranged marriage route
for her and maybe for me
Honour and all that
But we both lost ours years ago

I like women’s equality
Any excuse to go all the way
Hope she don’t get pregnant
Or pass me any diseases
Asian girls are cleaner
Compared to the others
So I don’t bother with protection

Feb fourteen
Is all about following St Valentine
Dating and mating
Not debating
Serious issues
As I pursue my prey
All the way
And practice being a pagan
For just one day

Even if it means
Catching diseases
Loss of honour and respect
And being caught by the family

Author: with help from Shifa and Mahbuba

[url], the place to be

"momin" wrote:
Two authentic ahadith can't contradict each other and i'm referring to the hadith which i quoted earlier from Bukhari and Muslim "Whoever introduces anything into this matters of ours shall have it rejected". Both of ahadith are contradicting each other!

Well you say any matter that is introduced into deen will be rejected, well what about the following?

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 32, Number 227:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever prayed at night the whole month of Ramadan out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, then all his previous sins will be forgiven." Ibn Shihab (a sub-narrator) said, "Allah's Apostle died and the people continued observing that (i.e. Nawafil offered individually, not in congregation), and it remained as it was during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr and in the early days of 'Umar's Caliphate." 'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said, "I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. [b]So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion)[/b] this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

That Biddah-e- Hasana was created by none other than Hazrat Umar (ra)....also do not call others misguided due to your ignorance and lack of knowledge.

Dust - When one celebrates valentines by giving their wife/husband a present, how is that make one a kafir? Islamically there is nothing wrong with expressing love for your partner although one day shouldnt alone be used for that purpose but somehow I don't believe it can make one a kafir......if you do something outwith Islam I can understand where that interpretaton comes from but at the end of the day if your intention is to make your partner happy then there is nothing wrong with that.

"Showkat" wrote:
Salaams All this poem expresses my view on this subject, Revival editor do u think this is worth publishing in the magazine?

Valentines Day

It’s coming soon
And I don’t know what to do
How many cards to buy and send
To the good looking people
It’s quite funny
they never ever send me any?

Every year it’s the same
Being asked the question
How many did u get?
I lie
and say I got over twenty
Sent most of them to myself

Not into religion much
Aint got time and I am too busy
more time for that stuff when I’m older
but every Valentine ’s Day
I buy and send cards
Didn’t realise that I was a practicing pagan
Worshipping Satan
Instead of my religion Islam

I go with the flow
And the flow goes westwards
Live life based on desires
No fear for the hell fire
Religion is just a joke
In this modern age of technology

Desires satisfied
But always more to do
Humans are pretty
When u get one
The one u don’t have seems desirable
Always the opportunity cost
And sometimes u feels lost
And spoilt for choice

Who shall I date?
And have as my mate
Coz Feb fourteen only comes once a year
Full of fear
As I ask out a nice girly
Is she taken or playing hard to get
Get my wallet out
and she’s mine without a doubt

Cash always works
And the promise of a good time
Better than the last one she was with
Hope she’s not too experienced
With a good memory
Hate comparisons
But that’s just the way it goes

In this day and age
Changing partners every few months
It’s all the rage
Me and her both

Also being careful
Not be caught by the family
Otherwise
It’s the arranged marriage route
for her and maybe for me
Honour and all that
But we both lost ours years ago

I like women’s equality
Any excuse to go all the way
Hope she don’t get pregnant
Or pass me any diseases
Asian girls are cleaner
Compared to the others
So I don’t bother with protection

Feb fourteen
Is all about following St Valentine
Dating and mating
Not debating
Serious issues
As I pursue my prey
All the way
And practice being a pagan
For just one day

Even if it means
Catching diseases
Loss of honour and respect
And being caught by the family

Author: with help from Shifa and Mahbuba

Following Saint Valentine would mean restoring sight to your jailers daughter before being executed for not denying Christ.

He was celibate.

Frankly, if you want Valentine's day, Christmas, Eid or every other Tuesday to be "debotchery day" where you lose any respect for honor and family, degrade your love or "hunt women" as you do in your article, there is very little stopping you.

But that doesn't mean that was the intended purpose of Valentine's Day, Christmas, Eid or every other Tuesday. Frankly I've always used it as another pointless excuse to try to patch things up with my mother (never works), spend some concentrated time developing my relationship with my wife and remembering those Christians who came before me that had the courage to say "Yup, I believe in Christ" when things other than public embarassment or stereotyping were on the line.

Who's to say I'm wrong?

As for Muslims, do as I do, make what you will of it. I don't think anyone can berate you for *GASP* buying flowers for your wife and reminding her that you are blessed to be married to her.

Your poems tend to forbid evil more than they enjoin good Showkat, beware - that's a fast track to cynicism.

"Ø"][quote="Showkat" wrote:

Your poems tend to forbid evil more than they enjoin good Showkat, beware - that's a fast track to cynicism.

Salaams Jzk for the advice, can u please give me a list of positive things i can write about inshAllah.

[url], the place to be

Much great writing has been critical or negative but the word he used was cynicism. For instance your snarky reply might have seemed funny to you or even positive, but it was exceedingly cynical. You have nothing positive to offer people, so I personally wouldn't dream of offering up lighthearted or positive topics for you to ruin with your tired and nasty kafirs=evil Showkat=goodness shtick.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

It was my sisters B’day the day before yesterday. And it was my brothers B’day yesterday. I went out of my way for them (in fact this is the first time I’ve actually bothered to get something for my brother).

On Mothers day I treat my mum. On fathers day dad usually gets something.

Giving presents increases love between people. That’s an Islamic fact.

I don’t know much about pagan connotations…nor is this something that is at the forefront of my mind when I let my family know how much they mean to me.

No, we shouldn’t single out days to show our love to others. We should do it more often but I seriously doubt that we’ll be condemned for showing love to loved ones on certain days that does happen to have pagan connotations attached to it.

Celebrating “Valentine day” is not part of Islam. However, at the same time, giving presents to one another is encouraged in Islam. Appreciating loved ones is part of Islam. Showing affection to ones wife, treating her kindly etc is part of Islam….If a married couple do the above on Valentine Day I’m not sure what rules exactly they’ll be breaking.

lets not use a random hadith and add our own interpretation to it....pleaseeeeeeeeeee
yea, he shouldn't be paraphrasing it like that, but don't call it 'random', its a hadith!! :?

mormin had too many pills...
lets wait till hes sober
that's wot we call a personal attack Ed - not very nice.

"momin" wrote:
Jazak Allah khair for your offer sister but i don't read stuff written by mislead people, alhamdulillah.

...May Allah Ta'ala guides us on to the straight Path and fix all the bralavis' aqeeda, Ameen!

that's not very nice either!! :? forgive me if i'm wrong in saying this, but that stinks of arrogance.

"Angel" wrote:
Dust - When one celebrates valentines by giving their wife/husband a present, how is that make one a kafir? Islamically there is nothing wrong with expressing love for your partner although one day shouldnt alone be used for that purpose but somehow I don't believe it can make one a kafir......if you do something outwith Islam I can understand where that interpretaton comes from but at the end of the day if your intention is to make your partner happy then there is nothing wrong with that.

omg angel, do you actually think i believe that^^? if so, i'm truly saddened, thought u knew me better than that. Sad i would never label someone a kafir, na3uzubillah. i don't even know if my own place in jannah is secured so who am i to comment on other peoples 3qeedah and whatnot.

i do not agree with momin's argument at all. i just wanted to make sure that no one unknowingly ended up deriding a hadith, because obviously thats a big deal. if he intended the hadith he should have posted it up instead of paraphrasing so that people knew what he was on about.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

okies our egos aside would any scholars actually encourage us to celebrate valentines day somehow i think not? there is no justification for it within our faith. But outside of our faith we can all find many justifications for it. But shud we pretend these stem from our religion when they don't there's no basis for it.

Many follow the scholars from the minhaj org here right, i find it hard to believe they would say its ok either?

If we "personally" wish to take part it in thats up to us but we shudant use religion to justify a day that has no place in our faith should we? :?

So those of u who want to take part do so go away and be happy and those that dont wana let them be. end of ive got a migraine from this thread.

"Showkat" wrote:
"Ø" wrote:

Salaams Jzk for the advice, can u please give me a list of positive things i can write about inshAllah.

I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic. You don't actually think that the world is so simple that there is a list of positive things and a list of negative things written on two big tablets hidden away in some government office do you?

My point is pretty simple, you aren't looking at the whole picture when you speak instead you focus on manufactured negatives, and your advice is always "withdraw, run away, hide."

It's as simple as taking the extra step to evaluate the subjects of your poems as they are, which obviously includes good qualities, rather than distilling them into negative stereotypes of themselves.

Furthermore it is better to suggest Muslims [i]engage[/i] themselves in the good aspects you identify, while avoiding the bad things than to tell them to run and hide from all these shades you seem to find everywhere.

"*DUST*" wrote:

i do not agree with momin's argument at all. i just wanted to make sure that no one unknowingly ended up deriding a hadith, because obviously thats a big deal. if he intended the hadith he should have posted it up instead of paraphrasing so that people knew what he was on about.

but u support his arguments and try to refute arguments which others have put against him....
so it looks like u do agree with momins argument...
otherwise you would have refuted HIS argument not the others....

anyway...

"*DUST*" wrote:

but u support his arguments and try to refute arguments which others have put against him....

anyway...

Ed, chill out you sound like a five year old. All she is concerned about is the integrity of the hadith, I don't know how much clearer a stance you want from her, she already said she doesn't agree with what momin is saying "at all."

Unless you are accusing her of being dishonest or something you need to back off.

"Ø" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

anyway...

Ed, chill out you sound like a five year old. All she is concerned about is the integrity of the hadith, I don't know how much clearer a stance you want from her, she already said she doesn't agree with what momin is saying "at all."

Unless you are accusing her of being dishonest or something you need to back off.

and u are....?/!!??
im making a valid point....
whats ur problem anyway....
im not accusing Dust of anything and dont tell me what to do..OK

i still genuinely dont geddit

why cant a husband and wife give each other a prezzie on V day?

why does becoming a kafir, biddah and imitation of kufar have to come in to everything?

aint the same argument applicable to stuff like using a knife and fork? cos that too is a immitation of the non muslims, a biddah and a kafir invention

p.s is celebration Pan Cake day haraam too?

i eat pancakes random weekends. i don't even know when shrove tuesday is unless i tune into blue peter regular.

these days im hooked on fatty american pancakes with lots of canadian maple syrup, yummy!

i dont wana get involved in this valentines argument but just one thing ed if deobandis are a sect so are barelvis, salafis, and all the is' and isms in between. whether we like it or not we are all classified into groups that includes you. So saying Momin is from a sect doesn't mean nowt so are you like it or not.

can we have a new thread for "mawlid" or just a referal to an old thread please dont discuss it here again...im sure it was hotly debated yonks ago.

Ed dare i say it chill out have a few pancakes....

and u are....?/!!??
im making a valid point....
whats ur problem anyway....
im not accusing Dust of anything and dont tell me what to do..OK

Ed that was downright rude, fair enuf if you have a problem with something i wrote, but you don't have to bite dave's head off. :?

He'd break his jaw if he tried something like that, my head is way too big.

Ed,

I'm Dave.
You started off making a valid point, now you are lashing out in several different directions at once, it's disgraceful.
Thus "my problem."
You're accusing Dust of supporting something she said she did not, thus you are either ignoring her points or calling her a liar.

I'm not "telling you what to do" I'm telling you what you [i]should[/i] do.

"Ø" wrote:
He'd break his jaw if he tried something like that, my head is way too big.

Ed,

I'm Dave.
You started off making a valid point, now you are lashing out in several different directions at once, it's disgraceful.
Thus "my problem."
You're accusing Dust of supporting something she said she did not, thus you are either ignoring her points or calling her a liar.

I'm not "telling you what to do" I'm telling you what you [i]should[/i] do.

ok ive done. its time to go back to rehab

ok ive done. its time to go back to rehab

Yup, you need to cool off a little.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

a bit off topic but 100, whats the Jewish view or views on valentines day? i remember reading a long time ago that its often called "hearts day" not valentines day, and like muslims Jewish folk have a love hate relationship with it. some celebrate it others don't? Is this true or am i totally off track?

"yashmaki" wrote:
a bit off topic but 100, whats the Jewish view or views on valentines day? i remember reading a long time ago that its often called "hearts day" not valentines day, and like muslims Jewish folk have a love hate relationship with it. some celebrate it others don't? Is this true or am i totally off track?

It isn't Jewish and a lot of people would ignore it or deliberately not celebrate it, but you're right, a good many will mark it with romance same as anyone. There is a similar rule in Judaism as in Islam not to imitate other cultural practises, and there are degrees of strictness in the interpretation. Also of course a number of Jews prefer to have both a secular lifestyle and a say in the matter. Personally, given the inescapability of Jewish identity as rabbinically ordained, I have no issue with respecting those opinions, but most strict Orthodox would value an authoritative ruling maintained by their respective rabbis. Acceptance or rejection of the practise is no cause to denigrate the occasion. I think it is sweet, even if somewhat confronting for singles like me. Romance is a big part of Judaism.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]

Hey... you're 100man aren't you...

I just got that.

Wow.

Biggrin

Please accept my apologies. I posted initially to the Juma Mubarak thread and kept up replies as 100 to dispel any confusion.

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
Biggrin

Please accept my apologies. I posted initially to the Juma Mubarak thread and kept up replies as 100 to dispel any confusion.

Very well. You are forgiven.

But NEVER do anything like that again - I started hyperventilating almost fainted and exploded (which would have been very unpleasant).

"Don Karnage" wrote:

But NEVER do anything like that again - I started hyperventilating almost fainted and exploded (which would have been very unpleasant).

but funny if you filmed it and posted it on youtube. Biggrin

Back in BLACK

Pages