Undercover Mosques

An undercover investigation has revealed disturbing evidence of Islamic extremism at a number of Britain's leading mosques and Muslim institutions, including an organisation praised by the Prime Minister.

Secret video footage reveals Muslim preachers exhorting followers to prepare for jihad, to hit girls for not wearing the hijab, and to create a 'state within a state'. Many of the preachers are linked to the Wahhabi strain of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia, which funds a number of Britain's leading Islamic institutions.

At the Sparkbrook mosque, run by UK Islamic Mission (UKIM), an organisation that maintains 45 mosques in Britain and which Tony Blair has said 'is extremely valued by the government for its multi-faith and multicultural activities', a preacher is captured on film praising the Taliban. In response to the news that a British Muslim solider was killed fighting the Taliban, the speaker declares: 'The hero of Islam is the one who separated his head from his shoulders.'

Another speaker says Muslims cannot accept the rule of non-Muslims. 'You cannot accept the rule of the kaffir [non-Muslim],' a preacher, Dr Ijaz Mian, tells a meeting held within the mosque. 'We have to rule ourselves and we have to rule the others.'

Inside the Green Lane mosque in Birmingham, a preacher is recorded saying: 'Allah has created the woman deficient.' A satellite broadcast from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh, beamed into the Green Lane mosque suggests that Muslim children should be hit if they don't pray: 'When he is seven, tell him to go and pray, and start hitting them when they are 10.' Another preacher is heard saying that if a girl 'doesn't wear hijab, we hit her'.

In a statement to Channel 4, Lord Ahmed, the convener of the government's Preventing Extremism taskforce, said he was worried about the programme's consequences: 'While I appreciate that exaggerated opinions make good TV, they do not make for good community relations.'

A spokesman for Green Lane mosque said Islam does not denigrate women and that the instruction to hit a child was merely a smack. He accused C4 of intensifying the 'witch-hunt' against Muslims.

'Undercover Mosques', Dispatches, goes out at 8pm on Monday, 15 January

[url=

Hmm... Green Lane Mosque was on the Panorama programme about the MCB too.

Beast is this the Al-Hijrah Mosque?...The one that has a internet/mosque cafe right next to it?

Green Lane Mosque is prominently visible at one end of Coventry Road. It looks like a rocket and has a clock on it. Opposite the Morrisons.

I haven't come across Al Hijra Mosque before. Is it on Coventry Road?

There is an Al Hijra School not far away.

Coventry Rd has loads of Mosques...I'm not sure if its that one.

I understand the Darul Uloom one on Coventy Rd was Meds one?

The one I'm thinking of is at the top of Banks Rd in Small heath....loads of kids go there to read, it holds loads of programmes for men/women...it recently opened a internet cafe and library (with books that you cant take out).

I was just wondering if thats the one the article was referring too...cos whilst I understand that they are a bit strict with the kids, I never thought it was a dodgy Mosque.

Yeh, I've seen that one...more near Morrisons and opposite that Sofa/furniture shops.

I'm glad its not the one at the top of Bankes Rd.

There are two reactions to this:

1. Don't you insult Islam. Everywhere I go you are all doing it. I can't breathe, eat or sleep because of all this Islam bashing. Maybe i'll go bash a few NF or strap a bomb round myself.

2. You couldn't insult Islam even if you tried. Over a thousand years you have been at it, but yet not a single viable piece of text have you been able to produce. You compare todays society to Islam? Making me laugh is easy! Your todays society is the worst mankind has seen in centuries.

I'm going to Indonesia for a kebab sandwich and a beach! Wink

He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition, burns a picture to obtain the ashes!

mmm,

How is that a reaction to the allegation that the mosque is used to incite jihad and promote observance by using violence against women?

Are you saying that it isn't happening and the allegation is false, or are you suggesting it doesn't matter?

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

m pretty sure green lane mosque in brum is the salafi one...correct me if i'm wrong.

The quote about women are deficient is from a hadith and needs to be understood rather than be taken out of context. Do these journos know anything about the interpretation of hadiths how weak/strong they are, line of narrations blah blah i think not. So i'd expect sensationalist headlines like that to make Islam appear backward. That's part of the agenda here. Coz there is nothing extreme in this particular hadith. If ppl wana know acquire audio or books on this hadith plenty out there too in depth to explain here.

Also the hadith about beating children if they don't pray it's true Personally i believe the hadith is instructing parents on the importance of the five daily prayers. It is telling parents to instill this in children before the shariah legal age for performing prayers. It is not really telling ppl to beat their kids. Prepare your kids for prayers from an early age, then they will naturally want to perform it, there's no need to hit the children. Beating in the context of the hadith is as a last resort, coz in Islam parents of young children will be held accountable for failing to instill Islamic values in them. Also i doubt beating refers to bashing ur kid around depends on wht connotation u pick up.

as for praising beheadings and all the rest i dont believe in that nor wud i glorify it.

saw the advert on ch4 yesterday.. was it shayk khalid yasin (from sheffield) voice??

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"Mr Honey's Day Out" wrote:
mmm,

How is that a reaction to the allegation that the mosque is used to incite jihad and promote observance by using violence against women?

Are you saying that it isn't happening and the allegation is false, or are you suggesting it doesn't matter?

I think he is saying since the 7/7 bombings there always some bad press about Islam and Muslims. And whilst people would be quite justified in saying: if you don't want the bad press whack the psycho's. The psycho's really are getting disproportionate media coverage.

If I wasn't Muslim and watched this stuff I wouldn't be impressed with Islam. Before I converted I thought there were a few psycho's but I was aware that the majority of british Muslims were civilised. Now if I was that person watching todays media, I might start sympathising with the national front.

His other point was that, Europe has tradfitionally seen Islam as a threat since the days when the turk was at the gates of Vienna, and perhaps as national propaganda they would attack Islam to raise the morale; certainly Muslims were demonised as devil worshipping barbarians. Today remenants of that thought may still exist on some fringe level in the sub culture of some Europeans.

He could aslo be referring to genral conspiracy theories prevelant today.

mmm, I'm sorry if you're not a guy, I'm just assuming you are.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

the prob with Muslims is

they're all talk

they talk more then they actually do anything

hence the existance of such programmes :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
the prob with Muslims is

they're all talk

they talk more then they actually do anything

hence the existance of such programmes :roll:

too true. such people make me mad :evil: .... waste of space... good for nothing... lazy bums....

Back in BLACK

the thing is u see...

if 'imams' are ACTUALLY recorded in saying words which incite hatred towards the west....or those who are sexist or simply out of touch....
then what should we do? ignore it....

isnt this documentary highlighting what we dont want to see or hear?

where is Islam does it say : hit women who dont wear hijab or women are born defficient?

yes some of the reporting will be out of context...but thats what you expect from the media....

documentaries like these remind Muslims if u dont have a system in place where you monitor, assess and hold accoutable Imams in mosques then sooner or later the govt will...then we will all be crying and moaning again....

i swear most of these programmes do interviews with muslims only so they can then go and chop up half of what they say and place it in a place which is right for them and which makes muslims look like lean mean oppression loving killing machines! ....Aoothobillah.

Lets prepare ourselves for round 5823 of Muslim Hate. coming to newspapers around you promptly tomorrow and surging another heated uneccesary debate.

Well the Trial of Tony Blair is on shortly after, so that should help us out of out depression a little.

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

There's a full page ad for this docu in today's Telegraph.

Across one whole page the caption read 'Radical Islam has a message for Middle England.'

Channel 4 know exactly who this show will offend and they're making the most of it.

BTW The main imam at Green Lane Mosque is featured in the docu. He was a panelist on Shariah TV.

[b]PRESS RELEASE

Re: Chanel Four Dispatches Programme

A pre-determined agenda to create mischief[/b]

In the current era when British Muslims are being routinely demonised, it comes as no surprise that next Monday’s edition (15/01/2007) of the Channel 4 documentary programme, Dispatches, clearly seeks to engage in sensationalism at the expense of peaceful community relations.

Based on the latest transcript we have seen, it is obvious that the programme has been edited in a highly selective and unfair manner, to present an image of Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith which is grossly distorted. It is revealing that Dispatches did not at any time ask us for an interview to respond on camera to their claims.

Unfortunately, it appears that Dispatches set out with a pre-determined agenda to create mischief and portray some leading Muslim organisations in a negative light, in order to foment sectarian divisions among British Muslims and generate mistrust among the British public.

We would like to make it clear that Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith cannot be regarded as endorsing every word uttered by every speaker we invite to our various mosques. Islam commands us to respond in kind to those who desire peaceful co-existence. If anyone contradicts this teaching then we would repudiate their views without hesitation.

The Secretary General, of Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith, Shaykh Shouaib Ahmed has said:

“We reject all forms of extremism. It is deeply alarming that a few sentences have been taken out of context in order to create the impression that our institution is a hotbed of fanaticism they could have approached us directly - we operate an open door policy in our mosques. We have nothing to hide. The religion of Islam is very clear.”

We believe that the Dispatches programme will play into the hands of those who wish to exacerbate tensions within society.

In a response to Channel 4’s documentary the following letter has been sent to Andrew Smith, the producer of the programme, clarifying the issues raised regarding Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith.

[b]

Markazi Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith U.K

20 Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham B9 5DB[/b]

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

[color=indigo][b]So who watch it? What did ya all think???[/b][/color]

hilarious.. mega lol

a lot of cut and paste of footage..

quotes out of context..

channel 4 got some good entertainment

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

i got alot to say but wont say much yet...

yes there was some cut n paste jobs..yes some mis quotes, some out of context...

but ALOT was undefendable...alot was embarrasing comments by so-called scholars, very damaging...

the 'shaykhs' shot us all in the foot...

channel 4 have got what they wanted...viewers, everyone discussing it...islamaphobes are laughing....but NO ONE FORCED THE 'SCHOLARS ' TO COME OUT WITH THAT HATE, MISGUIDED AND UNWISE COMMENTS, DODGY RULINGS, NARROW MINDEDNESS, SEXISTS COMMENTS, INTOLERANT OF NON MUSLIMS....I'M SORRY BUT WE CAN BLAME CHANNEL 4 AND EVRYONE AS MUCH AS WE WANT...BUT THE IMAMS LET THE UMMAH DOWN WHEN THEY OPENED THEIR MOUTHS...

... i think its time to think carefully of who you take your islam from, which scholars u look upto, which jamaat u follow....and not just get sucked in when u hear a passionate speaker....

its time to ponder ppl...

Channel 4's premise was that various Saudi groups, both private and in government, are pushing for Wahhabi dominance in the mosques, and that the Wahhabis are radicalising Muslims, encouraging a hostile, chauvinist attitude with a view to eventual Muslim supremacy in the west. They could have provided a lot more detail to this picture but the premise seems accurate and they demonstrated it fairly well.

All the accused were given a right to respond at the end of each segment and the accusations were backed up by concerned Muslims - ultimately it was a fair portrayal and it was clear that a number of Muslims unhappy at being represented by radicals want the phenomenon to be known. Kudos to them.

[size=10]The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.[/size]
[size=9]Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)[/size]

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
i got alot to say but wont say much yet...

yes there was some cut n paste jobs..yes some mis quotes, some out of context...

but ALOT was undefendable...alot was embarrasing comments by so-called scholars, very damaging...

the 'shaykhs' shot us all in the foot...

channel 4 have got what they wanted...viewers, everyone discussing it...islamaphobes are laughing....but NO ONE FORCED THE 'SCHOLARS ' TO COME OUT WITH THAT HATE, MISGUIDED AND UNWISE COMMENTS, DODGY RULINGS, NARROW MINDEDNESS, SEXISTS COMMENTS, INTOLERANT OF NON MUSLIMS....I'M SORRY BUT WE CAN BLAME CHANNEL 4 AND EVRYONE AS MUCH AS WE WANT...BUT THE IMAMS LET THE UMMAH DOWN WHEN THEY OPENED THEIR MOUTHS...

... i think its time to think carefully of who you take your islam from, which scholars u look upto, which jamaat u follow....and not just get sucked in when u hear a passionate speaker....

its time to ponder ppl...

i agree

we have the crazy extreme scholars for portraying a lovely image of islam yet again :roll:

what an embarrassment

it was also intresting to note that channel 4 never showed many of the MODERATE mosques in b'ham such as the main one

anyone wud think b'ham is an extreme city-but it aint nuffin like that

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

*DELETED*

this dude was on the asian network he was obsessed with his hatred of what he deems as wahabis. Im sure he would say im a wahhabi for veiling that's the impression he gave me. He clearly said the somalis in brum are all wahabbis. Just how he came to that generalisation i duno. For a man who claims to be a "moderate" he didn't seem very accepting of different types of muslims other than what he viewed as "acceptable". I found him rather arrogant.

As for the programme i don't see what good it'll do, in my mind it'll just create more hatred. Apparently it's for the good of society to expose these mosques. But it's not like channel 4 is gona follow up this programme to them it's about pure entertainment and ratings, nothing else. It's not about changing attitudes and stamping out radical views.

I had many opinions on it too, but i just want to say, if they were going to do a show about the extremes of wahabiism...then why oh why did they name the programme 'undercover mosques??' ... for crying out loud, wahabis dont reflect us all, not every mosque, though yes quite a few, but not every mosque and im sure not every worshiper in that mosque is a wahabi and thats what they portrayed. The way they showed the speakers portrayed them being oh so popular and everyone sitting in there agreeing with what they said. But thats not true, coz the fact that this undercover reporterr didnt agree means that not necessareily everyone else did.

So now, every mosque is extreme, and yet they only focused on one mosque. The name of the show itself is out of context!!! ... thats saying all muslims and all mosques are like that. .. they should have called it undercover wahabism!! ..

Muslims have enough problems within themselves without the need for nonmuslims to know too or for it to be shown nationally, with the aim of what? With the simple aim of breeding fear within the people. Im sure odd things happen in churches [ i go to a catholic school and i know bout that one!! ] and synagogues and temples and gudwaras... so im going to be waiting for those shows.

Yes, it showed the problems with wahabism, but my problem is that they branched it under the term 'mosque' which referrs to Islam, not merely wahhabism and made a point of saying islamic extremists etc one too many times.

Quote:
was pretty low forthe Mr. T. J. Winters to get into the act of selling out game with his Sufi MC brothers and their battil.

did he once mention the sufi council? No. Did he once mention wahabism in its full context? ... Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad was clearly misquoted. Cant you see..its not about sufi, wahabi, whatever. This programme had two clear aims... 1) divide the muslim ummah while at the same time on the outside branching them together as wahabis 2) create a state of fear.

And Allah knows best.
Wasalamalaikum

< You turn to Him with divine obedience
He turns to you with Divine Love >

"KhassanBaiev" wrote:
Assalaam alaikum

Wa Alaykum as Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Shazan?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Pages