What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

I really cant understand how ppl can leave essays last minute. It takes me about a week to do the reading and 3 days to write it up.
But i suppose it does depend on how hard your essay is and how much research you have to do.

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

Four and half pages was the actual essay typed up (size 12 font).

The max word limit was 3000 but I did 2914, I could've written more if I had the time. I finished writing the essay a few hours before the deadline, I'm the kinda person who likes (and works best) when under pressure.

Just incase you're wondering what the essay question was.

'Community interventions should be the ‘normal’ punishment for women, so that only those women who are convicted of dangerous and/or violent offences, and who represent a danger to the public, are sent to prison’. Discuss.

Four and a half pages? is that it one piece of my coursework is that long, i can do it with a reasonable grade in an hour or hour and a half tops.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

He that falls into sin is a man;
he that grieves at it, is a saint;
he that boasts of it, is a devil.

Back in BLACK

He that lies about it is G.W.BUSH

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

1. 48% of the worlds population is under 24, which means that our future will most def be shaped by the youth of today.
2. In the last 20years one Mosque every week has been built in the UK.

Too much tv and internet makes u tired n mashes up ur eyes, but I knew that before so I didnt learn anything today

Other day I learnt a mango has more than 100% of ur vitamin C intake for the day Blum 3 (or maybe it was 50 :? )

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

1. I learnt that, at times you cant pick a single fault in someone - but that doesnt stop you from strongly disliking them.

Leaving an assignment till the last hour (before the hand in deadline!) isn't a very good idea.

I've always been very, very sad when it comes to assigments - have always got them printed out at least a week before the due date. I cant relax if I know I have something important to do - and then I usually spend the night/week before deadline helping my friends do theirs.

Only few weeks ago, I stayed up late a typed up an entire 3000 word assignment for my mate in under 3hours, literally the night before the deadline. I couldnt personally hack such stress for myself.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I've always been very, very sad

You just reminded me of my tutor lol. I've tried to do my assignments before the deadline but i just can't do it, i'll try to panic but nowt happens! I seem to relax even more for some peculiar reason. With my assignments i know that no matter what, i'll always get them done so i just leave them till the end but i seriously need to break the habit.

"Noor" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
I've always been very, very sad

You just reminded me of my tutor lol. I've tried to do my assignments before the deadline but i just can't do it, i'll try to panic but nowt happens! I seem to relax even more for some peculiar reason. With my assignments i know that no matter what, i'll always get them done so i just leave them till the end but i seriously need to break the habit.

when in year 11, i did ALL my coursework on the day before the deadline- there was about 30 of us writing it up so fast, making half of it up as we went along...it was a pretty terrible effort considering I'd had almost 2 years in which to do them all.

amazingly I still came out with pretty decent results.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

- Domestic violence claims the lives of 30 men every year.

"MuslimBro" wrote:

Half of them were probably Gay.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:

oh, thats ok then.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"MuslimBro" wrote:

oh, thats ok then.

LOL. Lol

Back in BLACK

Dunno why guys find the idea of other guys being beaten up by women hilarious - show a bit of solidarity to your brothers guys.

Your attitude is prob the reason why most domestic violence against men is unreported.

There's some strong women out there.

-Qurbani is fard on the one on whom zakat is fard.
-One can do as many Qurbani's as they wish.
-Qurbani which literally means 'sacrifice' - proves how much one loves God, which is why people shouldnt be stingy regarding trying to get the cheapest cow/sheep or be stingy with distribution.

Thats also simmilar to the word Khurban in hebrew which means distruction.

I don't get it. How is that similar?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pronunciation wise.

-Sometimes people have such fantastic personalities that you end up overlooking others issues that you would ordinarily make a big deal about....and other times, people have terrible personalities which makes you want to nitpick non issues about them.

-The birth rate in Tower Hamlets (deprived area in East London) amongst bengali's is higher than the birth rate in Dhaka...and on top of that, since Tower Hamlets is a deprived area, many families are living in small council houses (despite have 6/7 kids).

-Whilst the likes of great psyhologists and even men have tried to figure out 'what women want'.

Even women themselves dont know what they want.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Even women themselves dont know what they want.

I could have told you that for nothing.

Back in BLACK

Just go ask mel gibson.

I spent most of my PGCE year studying GCSE bitesize key stage 2-4.

I've forgotten it all again, it is complicated stuff.

Can be very cheeky and ask you to talk me through long division?

i learnt that mayweathers a champion

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

Pages