What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

i LOVE the countryside but i don't think i cud spend the rest of my life there, u'd get bored! its nice to go out there and contemplate but only for a couple of hours.

i too love the busy atmosphere.

"Noor" wrote:
i LOVE the countryside but i don't think i cud spend the rest of my life there, u'd get bored! its nice to go out there and contemplate but only for a couple of hours.

i too love the busy atmosphere.

id love the countryside.... the quite..

i could spend hours just contemplating.........................................

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..................

Back in BLACK

i also enjoy the hustle and bustle of london....but ONLY london!

i have been to other 'cities' in britain, and they are TINY!

manchester, liverpool, leeds, york, glasgow, edinburgh - they feel like towns to me!

i honestly couldn't live anywhere else in britain, its just tooooooo dry.

in terms of abroad tho...i would love to live in syria, malaysia or granada in spain...but not for more than a few years before I'd return.

once a man is bored of london... he is bored of life!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Noor" wrote:
u taking the biscuit?

No... at this point in time. I would love a trip to the country.

I find the city life a little too stressful.

Back in BLACK

This week i learnt

- having an eye test after 3 hours of sleep is not such a good idea
- driving bare foot is comfortable (and means you dont ruin your nice sandles)
- Toy libraries exist

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

History [b]WILL[/b] repeat itself.

Dispite my many attempts....

[size=7]note to self: try harder.[/size]

Back in BLACK

that the best feeling in the world is passing your driving test
that the worst feeling in the world is when your dad says your not getting insured untll you leave colege

"ThiS WoRlD Iz A PrIsOn 4 A BeLiVeR AnD PaRaDiSe 4 A NoN-BeLiVeR.........."

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
that the worst feeling in the world is when your dad says your not getting insured untll you leave colege

haha!

congratz on passing your driving test! i'm too skint to take any lessons. i have my own personal taxi driver - my darling sister!

"Noor" wrote:
"M4k4v3l1" wrote:

haha!

congratz on passing your driving test! i'm too skint to take any lessons. i have my own personal taxi driver - my darling sister!

thank you
my lessons were 100% freeeeeeee
coz my brother is an instructor and works for A plus
so he used to gve me a lessons
bt i had 2 begggg him evryday
but at the end it was worth it

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Noor" wrote:
wana expand on that?

I realised today how much I love the fast life of london, the noise, the congestion, the coffee shops, the traffic, the way people are always on the go, always busy etc

And thats after spending some time in a 'dead countryside' where time/life and people dont seem to move.

Someone I know got married in a tiny village, where shops are miles away...she was so unhappy and homesick that she even broke the marriage off. :?

Same Wacko even though I havent been around much of London

Debt trobules
Job worries Sad

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

congratz Mak why dont you jus share wiv ur dad. The insurance works out cheaper plus if anything were to happen not that im sayin it might then you can always send your dads licence Biggrin

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

beacuse he thinks am always gonna b out and not going to study o anyfin which is probably true bt a knt w8 to drive nw, so i take the car when nobodys home lol

-Some people work very hard to achieve their goals.
-Others reach their goals effortlessly.
-Some people appreciate all that they're blessed with.
-Others arent fussed.

And the harder you work for something - the more you appreciate it.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
-Others arent fussed.

Reminds of:

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

Twelfth Night

"ßeast" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
-Others arent fussed.

Reminds of:

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

Twelfth Night

Cool quote.

Dunno what category I'd rather be in though.

Something I didn't realise before but whatever category someone is in according to that quote they are great.

But then again...

"To be great is to be misunderstood."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"M4k4v3l1" wrote:
beacuse he thinks am always gonna b out and not going to study o anyfin which is probably true bt a knt w8 to drive nw, so i take the car when nobodys home lol

Dont worry about it Makki.

My parents where the same when i first passed my drivers test. They wouldnt let me touch the car for atleast 6 months down the line (it was my birthday in 6 months thats why). After which they got me insured... but still didnt let me take the care out. Probably for the same reasons you've mentioned.
So i played it really snide and took a summer job that was on the other side of manchester and would take me 2/3 buses to get there if I went by public transport. So they made my brother drive me there in the morning... which really p***ed him off. So one morning i didnt bother waking him and just grabbed the car keys and off i went downt the M60. It was the first time i went on the motorway on my own. But within 10 minutes of driving i was chillin in the car listening to the radio, laughing my a$$ off.
Ofcourse when i got to work i text my sis mobile to them know i got there safely. When I got home I found out mom was freaking out until i had text home re-assuring i was safe. After that she was fine and the thought i was compitant enough to drive myself.
:twisted: Biggrin

But in the end you'll just end up being a taxi driver for the rest of your family. Whenever they want dropping off somewhere or someone needs picking you they'll force you to do it. :x I hate it... but driving is a luxary.

Back in BLACK

how old are you ?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

How old is Yoda?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

yes seraphim

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

"Funzo" wrote:
how old are you ?

When 900 years you age, look as good will you not?

hmm

Back in BLACK

I am certain Yoda is older than that... Dr Who is supposedly 900 years old.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"You" wrote:
I am certain Yoda is older than that... Dr Who is supposedly 900 years old.

Nope.

Yoda died at the ripe old age of 900.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

Now this is gonna sound wierd... but he died? (and no I have not managed to watch any of those things they call films through in one sitting... I may have missed major plot points... though I did hear that Luke and Darth may be related... brothers? :shock: )

"You" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

Now this is gonna sound wierd... but he died? (and no I have not managed to watch any of those things they call films through in one sitting... I may have missed major plot points... though I did hear that Luke and Darth may be related... brothers? :shock: )

You Jest

Back in BLACK

-There's nothing worse than being in a position where you're majorly responsible for affecting someone elses life.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
-There's nothing worse than being in a position where you're majorly responsible for affecting someone elses life.

As long as you have some fun...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Not really. Some things just arent laughing matters.

True.

But you cannot always protect others from others. Too many variables in life.

People learn the best from their own mistakes. The trick is to make sure they can recover from them and have the tools of giving it a go in the first place.

Pages