Al-Hidayah Camp...

278 posts / 0 new
Last post

"muslim_kuri" wrote:

yeh i know when Qiblah said that we could have a break because some of the 'brothers and sons' were getting tired the night before....lol its always the males!

exception to that, moi is guilty i slept near the end but its mainly due to the fact that i hadnt much sleep over the past 2-3 days due to the glasgow conference and the travelin over 2 shropshire, i felt so bad fallin asleep but i made sure i sat up straight and kept awake, shaykh ul islam's lectures are mind blowing!!

one other thing that i think was very amazin was the historical slideshow of pics that we got 2 see of madina/makkah sharif, it just shows you how corrupt the saudi goverment are for removin all the beautuful holy places, its such a shame...word of advice anyone who goes to huram sharif do not use the outside toilets i cant exacly explain which toilets they are but to be on the safe side dont use the toilets outside huram sharif as the disgustin (i can call them worse but since its an islamic forum) saudi goverment have made toilets where syedinna Fatima-tul-Zahara (ra) was born, so out of respect that is due do not use those toilets.

So who else goin icis?

p.s. i knw saba 2..

yehh thnx alot 4 the burger woz sweet ov u, dint get 2 say thnx 2 u after. N bout the van thing, no need 2 apologise i herd the bro who drove us ther had an accident so thats y. the shaykh is havin dinner @ sum1z hous in rochdale - the ulama's that runs the Idara so InshAllah if ur able 2 then come down. Its both 4 the men n women. ur luky Shaykh Ul Islam is stayin @ ur hous this tym round as we also had the honour 2 yrs ago!
As 4 uni, im hopin 2 do audiology @ uni of manchstr inshAllah if i get the grades (18th august) pray i do!!! i wud take a gap yr iv realy been thinkn bout it but thing is iv olredy spent an xtra yr coz i resat my 1st yr AS Levels so i realy wona get uni ova n dun with then if its writtn then ill go 2 pak 4 icis course. How bout u, wot course u duin n which uni?

"The Prophet (s) is the path...Allah Almighty is the destination"

I think a lot of the ppl are worried bout education, but the thing is such things can be put on hold, if i had to i would leave uni 2 go 2 ICIS i would, i have just done my 2nd yr of uni and gona take a yr out so i can go ICIS..

i dont think i can stress enough how important ICIS is, personally the education in ICIS that one receives is more important than any knowledge we get for the sake of duniya..and plus shaykh ul islam's time is very precious and he is goin to be busy over the next few yrs so we should take the chance of goin ICIS while we hav it..

Salaam sis yeh i totally knw wot u mean n shaykh Ul Islam did say if there arent enuf studdents this tym round then he wont b holdin the course in future. but the decision is not mine alone my parents hav a say 2! lol. n i think they want me 2 get this education dun coz this worldly education is important aswel jus as long as we gain islamic knowledge at the same tym. ur luky ur goin this yr, inshAllah ull make the most it. So wich uni u @ n wot u studyin? oh n ur name?

"Asiya_A" wrote:
Salaam sis yeh i totally knw wot u mean n shaykh Ul Islam did say if there arent enuf studdents this tym round then he wont b holdin the course in future. but the decision is not mine alone my parents hav a say 2! lol. n i think they want me 2 get this education dun coz this worldly education is important aswel jus as long as we gain islamic knowledge at the same tym. ur luky ur goin this yr, inshAllah ull make the most it. So wich uni u @ n wot u studyin? oh n ur name?

i aint sayin the worldy education aint important but i think knowledge of our deen does and should hold a higher significance, but its true your parents have a say in it lucky for me my sis when to ICIS so i aint got no problems there..

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:

3 people actually converted to islam in those 3 days, subhanallah.

I know one of the sis was and i thot a bro did to but wasnt sure but who was the other bro/sis who converted?

"Asiya_A" wrote:
yehh thnx alot 4 the burger woz sweet ov u, dint get 2 say thnx 2 u after. N bout the van thing, no need 2 apologise i herd the bro who drove us ther had an accident so thats y. the shaykh is havin dinner @ sum1z hous in rochdale - the ulama's that runs the Idara so InshAllah if ur able 2 then come down. Its both 4 the men n women. ur luky Shaykh Ul Islam is stayin @ ur hous this tym round as we also had the honour 2 yrs ago!
As 4 uni, im hopin 2 do audiology @ uni of manchstr inshAllah if i get the grades (18th august) pray i do!!! i wud take a gap yr iv realy been thinkn bout it but thing is iv olredy spent an xtra yr coz i resat my 1st yr AS Levels so i realy wona get uni ova n dun with then if its writtn then ill go 2 pak 4 icis course. How bout u, wot course u duin n which uni?

nah it wasnt an accident, he was clowning about so dad had the hassle of sortin us transport in half a day, wasnt easy i tell ya!
let me know about the rochdale programme in detail closer to the time thanks.
Inshallah you'll get the grades, dont worry about it....if i did, any1 can Blum 3 if u did an extra year, then i understand ya fully. that makes u same age as me dont it? lol....i thawt u were like my sisters age :shock:
im up the road, man met....b4 u start laffin....i challange any1 to get into a law degree at the uni of manc!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Lol im 19! but my sis that woz with us is a yr younger than Saba. MashAllah ur studyin law, thats real gud. oh btw do u knw that Dr Zakir Naik is gna b in Oldham on mon in Queen Elizabeth Hall- im goin 2 that, i think he is soo gr8. hez anotha man who knws his stuff!!

Asalamualaikum!

First of all id like to apologise if ive misunderstood any1.

Nway..luks like no 1 can stp talkin bout the camp Smile

Well wat can i say it waz great....Now i cant wait for the manchester prog on the 21st Aug. Well i didnt hear bout Rochdale but i remember hearing him cumin 2 Bradford for his meeting on the 20th Aug but it luks like if his goin 2 Rochdale on that day den Bradford wuld b anotha day.

Im nt bothered wateva day of the week it is as long as i get the chance to see him.

Well my plan is to go to ICIS in da future too insh'Allah, ive wanted to go since 2003 wen it started but unfortunately neva had the chance....well until den i think ill concentrate on working for the mission untill i do get the chance insh'Allah!

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

wow, ur actually older than me lol. im not even 19 yet! yeah zakir naik in oldham....might go to that, but if its durin the day it'll be hard getting outta work. but the day before is the Unity convention in manchetser, he'll be there along with Imam Siraj Wahaj, and a few other famous ones i always 4get! im helping out on that event, so shud be fun.
tru he knows his stuff, but i hear hes a wahabi, not an extreme one but all the same....its worth checkin out, and if he is i suppose you can lisun 2 him but just be wary on topics of Aqeedah. that question bout unity was asked by me at the camp, wasnt sure whether 2 go! Blum 3

(edit: the topic is Islam and Terrorism, so i guess its ok to lisun to what he says IF hes a wahabi as i hear, dont think it matters too much....as long as hes not recruiting Blum 3 )

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Yes! I remember that question been read out by bro Zahid dat day.

Qaid goez if its 4 unity den dere shuldnt b a problem plus de question bout attendin conference's were media r involved waz asked b4 too coz Qaid goez the media r nt gna look on wether we r wahabbi, sunni , shia etc they r gna c us as one muslim community so if its bout uniting n stopping terror then its worth goin too.

We just hav 2 b careful in various topics of Aqeedah like bro Hayder sed.

I wnt b able 2 attend as we've gt our own monthly sisters programme but whoeva is goin i hpe it all goez well.

Jazak'Allah khair

yeah that question was me, lol.........and i requested 'Falak Kai Nazaro' by Shaam......jus had to hear that one live! The Qaid wanted to hear it as well! mashallah, i reckon Shaam shud do another album with the Proffessors lyrics and help, like they did at the camp.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Yeh! "Falak keh nazaaro" waz top n ur rite they shuld make a new album wid Qaid's lyrics it'll b top.

It waz top near the end wen Qaid waz makin dem learn one of his favourite salam coz Qaid waz readin it too, i waz takin pictures at dat time so i culd hear Qaid really clearly it waz just TOP!!!!

Insh'Allah the pictures of the Shaam group wid Qaid n the lecture pictures will b put on the minhaj ul quran msn group so the pple dat didnt go can hav a look but dat'll b in 2 weeks time as the manager has gne to the tour.

that long? any1 know when the camp info will be up on revival/Minhaj websites? i keep checkin everyday but nothing new! and when can we get a copy of the camp.....there was sum1 recordin everyfin!

lukin 4rwrd 2 them pics, but i camcorded Shaam Wink

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

1 no it seems long but the manager has gne to tour n ders nothin i can do coz she waz busy settin off yesterday n the day b4 she waz busy preparin so i dint bother askin her as i knew she'll say after the tour.

Well i think ull get the camp video up on the minhaj multimedia website like alwayz but it'll take em a little time as Qaid has gne to the tour n sum dat wrk 4 him hav gne too.

Bout the Shaam group i did c 2-3 brothers recording dem wid dey camcorders but i dnt think i figured out which 1 waz u.

i was the one makin every1 camcord 4 me, it starts 2 hurt after a bit Blum 3
gold/brown jubah

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Mash'Allah! Yes camcoarding is hard especially if ur holding it for a long time.

Well i remember sum1 in a blue jurbah n i think i mght hav seen a gold/brown jurbah.

"Mujahidah" wrote:
"chm1" wrote:

Not neccessarily.

I watch a lot of his videos and even though I havent had the chance to meet him personally, all the above attributes you mentioned in your post come across to me.

I don't believe in having just one sheikh but I hold a lot of respect for him and its incredible how much he's done for Islam.

Asalamualaikum!

Bro/sis ive seen many pple say all sorts bout him but wen they c him in real life n hav met him they alwayz take they words bk.

U mght b sayin all dis becoz u havent met him, id request u 2 attend a gathering in his company one day den ull c de truth. U cannot learn a lot bout him wen u watch videos n stuff the truth is shown wen u r present in the lecture.

Jazak'Allah khair

I didn't think i said anything negative towards him. All i was saying was that to me his noor comes through to me by just watching his videos.

Of course, when i get a chance to sit in his presence then his ruhaniyat will be more apparent.

Quote:
any1 else considering doing the ICIS course this year?

Inshallah i will be going to ICIS this year with my cousin.

"chm1" wrote:

Have you guys sent your application forms yet? i have. i just cnt wait but need to get everythin sorted out now as in packin!

Asalamualaikum!

Im again apologising 4 my misunderstanding n im sorry. I also apologised dis mornin in 1 of my other messages.

Mash'Allah its great to hear dat ur goin 2 ICIS im pretty sure ull really like it especially in Qibla Muhtram's company. Good luck!!!!

Jazak'Allah khair

"angel" wrote:

Have you guys sent your application forms yet? i have. i just cnt wait but need to get everythin sorted out now as in packin!

Make dua for me when you get there please. Make dua in a spiritual gathering of Dhikr in the prescence of Qaid that I am able to attend ICIS in 2006/7 please...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

Make dua for me when you get there please. Make dua in a spiritual gathering of Dhikr in the prescence of Qaid that I am able to attend ICIS in 2006/7 please...

dont worry i did make dua for all the ummah and those who are workin for minhaj-ul-quran and i will defnitely make dua again for you when i go there, dont worry sis your thirst to learn deen by shaykh ul islam will be successful, and you also remeber me in your duas that i come bak with the knowledge and spread it to muslims and non-muslims.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Insh'Allah we will sis! Im plannin 2 go to ICIS in da future too weneva i get de chance whether its nxt year or anotha year but we've also gt to pray 4 Qibla Muhtram's health n also that he carries on wid the ICIS course coz rememba wat he sed in the camp, dat he wants to take atleast 3 years off.

Jazak'Allah khair

"angel" wrote:
"chm1" wrote:

I've sent off my application form already...

The only prob i'm facing is that my parents are telling me to go to university this year whereas I wanna take a gap year.

I know that i'll get what I want-they can't stop me from going but then again i don't want to go without their blessing.

Another thing is that my sisters really want to go aswell but my parents don't believe in girls going abroad without a male accompanying them-so this is their chance to go but they are being tied down with uni and other outside problems.

My parents say that once they finish uni they can go to ICIS but I know that there'll always be something stopping them... Its harder for girls to go without the support of their parents and only Allah (swt) knows if their future husbands will allow them to attend.

your parents shouldnt have to worry about a male accompanying them. all students stay in provided secure accomodation, and when they are out and about, they are accompanied by a male who looks after them (it is pakistan after all, they luv 2 luk at u all day, and im a guy!)
and when its holz.....most people hav family in pakistan they jus visit them.
sum parents ate hard 2 convince, ur ryt...luckily mine arent Dirol ....jus the uncles who dictate my life! :shock:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Asalamualaikum!

I think that they should go this year with you atleast then there won't b an excuse coz ull b wid dem.

There is no harm in taking a gap year coz life is nt all bout uni. ICIS is a lifetime opportunity n we dnt no 4 hw long its gna carry on so id request dat u n ur sisters do try n go dis year whilst uve gt de chance.

U can go to uni wen u cum bk, its nt goin 2 run away as goin 2 uni is easier coz its in de UK in pk ders only ICIS dats available only in english n its a great opportunity if i culd go dis year i wuld hav but 4 me its a different situation n its nt dat easy 4 me.

If i had de chance i wuld hav dropt dis Business Admin course dat im doin nw n just go but unfortunately i cant but my reason 4 nt goin is nt becoz the course dat im studyin.

So my bros n sis go whilst uve gt de chance.

My parents are all for practising deen but unluckily they have the mentality that we have our whole lives to practise deen, go abroad etc but we should get things such as uni, getting a job, getting married out of the way.

Its much harder for my sisters as i can just take off whenever i want to whereas they have to do as my parents say.

On one hand i think that me and my sisters should all go together this year but then again it will be hard for my parents to have all of their kids living abroad for a year at the same time especially since my sisters have never been away from home for more then a month.

ICIS doesent start till the ned of September so they've gt plenty of time to spend wid dey parents.

No matter wat year u go or weneva alwayz sumthin is goin 2 cum in da way but our job is 2 carry on no matter wat. This is our test in dis life n our aim shuld b to pass it 4 de pleasure of Allah swt.

if you can convince and persuade them to let them go, thats great. if not, dont worry too much...you all tried your best im sure. and you must understand your parents and respect thier views. its like that with 99% of us, gotta do a million and one things 1st.....marry, kids, job, blah blah blah. but you can always see where theyre coming from, the concern for your future. sum1 want their kids to be established and happy before they pass away, enabling them to die happier. just 1 theory!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Hey bro hayder, ur helpin out this sunday at the conference?! its soo unfair coz i wntd 2 go 2 it but ol the tikets r sold out. so if u can wich u prob cant lol but do u rekon u cud get hold ov 2 tikets?? (worth a try) lol

Pages