Med's Wedding

141 posts / 0 new
Last post

lol. Med leicester is excellent for Gold, why go all the way to south hall? They have all the latest stuff in lester, plus good prices. I wanted to go there but us bengalis dont get to choose nothing, grooms side picked everything for me. yes i;ll hold a grudge on that all my life lol.

So i sold most of it. really tempted to sell the set my hubbys side gave me. don;t hate it just never gona wear it could do with the money. hubby says i should keep it pass on to my kids in the future. perhaps he's right.

"yashmaki" wrote:
I'd hyperventilate and die before i could do that.

lol.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Yashmaki

I must agree with you on your views about londoni girls. I think most are bitchy and want everything their own way but not sure if they're after your money :?

The problem with going back home for some people (not me) is I think Bangladeshi people look for people with fair skin, even if you are ugly but got fair skin they'll think you're the most gorgeous person on the planet.

What makes me laugh was when I went to a wedding in Bangladesh. When the females came in quite a few of them had dark skin and it looked like they just slapped some talcum powder on their faces and they started acting like models but they looked like clowns to me....but I [i]tried[/i] not to laugh Lol

Isn't marrying a complete stranger part of the excitement Lol

I think the main problem of marrying back home is the paperwork of trying to get your partner in the UK legally. So it seems like a mission to me to marry back home.

If you're marrying someone from back home they are more likely to put up with you when you're going through a hard time and are arguing. But the people in this country are more likely to divorce you after the first argument.

And about me....erm....I'm quite shy when it comes to talking about marriages and I tend to slip out of the room when my cousins are talking about it :oops:

I'm not gonna look for anyone, I'm just going to put it down to fate and see what happens....even if it means me turning 60yrs. and getting a proposal Lol

But I think my parents are going to pounce on me with proposals the moment I start working full-time....so I'm planning to get my own house :twisted:

P.S. can you tell your sis in law to look for a wife for admin....he seems lonely [size=9](don't tell him I said that lol)[/size]

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

What makes me laugh was when I went to a wedding in Bangladesh. When the females came in quite a few of them had dark skin and it looked like they just slapped some talcum powder on their faces and they started acting like models but they looked like clowns to me....but I [i]tried[/i] not to laugh Lol

Isn't marrying a complete stranger part of the excitement Lol

That aint just a deshi thing bruv - in pakistan aswell some women powder some white stuff on to make themselves gorey - looks naff cos as the day/night precedes the layer of powder is washed away/wears away and person looks kinda funny :roll: .

And yes - marrying a complete stranger is part fo the excitement. Lol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:
lol. Med leicester is excellent for Gold, why go all the way to south hall? They have all the latest stuff in lester, plus good prices

I'll tell the people of the house but I dnt knw anything abt gold and thats the way I wanna keep it. Women and weddings :roll:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
Well as you folks may or may not remember I'm getting married in december inshaALLAHu Ta'ala.

Salaam Med , its me Raf , first of all its good to see you back, i guess admin had to bring you back because the revival jus isnt the same without ya Wink it needs someone to make it interesting Lol and for them to argue with :twisted:

[b]CONGRATULATIONS[/b] on your wedding

or should i say commiseration's. :twisted: , Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence--a life sentence :shock: .

Marriage requires a man to prepare 4 types of "rings":
* The Engagement Ring
* The Wedding Ring
* The Suffe-Ring Cray 2
* The Endu-Ring Cray 2

A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking;but the husband gives and the wife takes :? .

[b]all joking aside , congratulations and may Allah grant you a happy successful marriage full of joy and happiness, inshallah[/b]

and dont let the mother in law bother you, and remember keep your wife happy and she wont spit in your food Biggrin but remember man is the boss :twisted:

"nAS786" wrote:

Salaam Med , its me Raf , first of all its good to see you back, i guess admin had to bring you back because the revival jus isnt the same without ya Wink it needs someone to make it interesting Lol and for them to argue with :twisted: :

alaykum salaam
Im back with a vengeance :twisted:

"nAS786" wrote:

[b]CONGRATULATIONS[/b] on your wedding

or should i say commiseration's. :twisted: , Marriage is not a word. It is a sentence--a life sentence :shock: .

Marriage requires a man to prepare 4 types of "rings":
* The Engagement Ring
* The Wedding Ring
* The Suffe-Ring Cray 2
* The Endu-Ring Cray 2 :

Astaghfirullah!! What is this? I aint getting any of these rings- alhamdulillah.

"nAS786" wrote:

[b]all joking aside , congratulations and may Allah grant you a happy successful marriage full of joy and happiness, inshallah[/b]

ameen

"nAS786" wrote:

and dont let the mother in law bother you, and remember keep your wife happy and she wont spit in your food Biggrin but remember man is the boss :twisted:

My brother - they are over the moon with me - aint gonna get any bother inshaALLAH. Alhamdulillah ALLAH has gifted me a great blessing - qasam sometimes we expect and want something and then ALLAH gives us something much better than what we wanted.

And I dont need you to remind me man is the boss - forget everything else - Im THE man and more than one lady knows that :twisted: . Thing is a man bes a real man and ladies naturally act like ladies and thats the way it should be.

May ALLAH keep you happy bruv. Did u go to Masjid Uthman on sunday?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Assalamu alaikum,

what's suffe and endu ring?

Also in Islam we aren't required to wear a wedding ring are we? I only ask coz i don't like wearing jewellery except on special occasions. So i've not got my wedding ring adjusted to fit me, i simply don't wear it.

One more thing men can only wear silver and of a certain weight aswell. So i got my hubby a silver ring but they tarnish easy, and they don't look nice afer. Are all silver rings like this? If so they seem like a waste.

So neither of us wear wedding rings.

Muslimbro bengali girls over here in the west do the same thing only they use face powder or foundations 10 shades lighter than their skin tone. I think it's a problem amongst black ppl too,it's really sad.

Someone for admin you say... Biggrin

"yashmaki" wrote:
One more thing men can only wear silver and of a certain weight aswell.

I knew men can wear silver but didn't know it had to be of a certain weight. Do you know what the weight is?

"yashmaki" wrote:
So i got my hubby a silver ring but they tarnish easy, and they don't look nice afer. Are all silver rings like this?

If you just spent a little bit more money on buying the ring Wink
Seriously there are some good silver rings out there.

"yashmaki" wrote:
Someone for admin you say... Biggrin

shhh...he'll hear us Lol

Assalamu alaikum,

i'm not stingy Sad :x

It won't ever be expensive. i'd have to go for a greater weight for it to be expensive,and the hanafi view is it should ideally be 2.975 grams in weight, or under 4.85 grams, correct me if i'm wrong please. i'm sure that's right. For other madhabs it may differ. It's light as anything looks like one of them toys you get from sweet machine lol.

There is even a difference of opinion in regards to wearing a silver ring.

Fatawa Rashidiyyah has explained the issue but I dnt have the reference.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:
Assalamu alaikum,

what's suffe and endu ring?

Take out the hyphens.

Congratulations Med...you're unbanned. Boom Boom Tsh!

Oh and about the marriage thing too.

Btw I voted to keep you banned, but I'm hopeful Med take 2 is the patient , tolerant cool-minded Med that marriage requires. Good Luck.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:
Btw I voted to keep you banned, but I'm hopeful Med take 2 is the patient , tolerant cool-minded Med that marriage requires. Good Luck.

Do keep up.

Its Take 3 atm!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

actually bruv wen I came back as Adil I didnt try and conceal who I was :twisted:

Thanks for the advice Dawud - but I'll deal with my marriage the way I think is best :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

The only problem with that could be that the marriage may deal with you the way it feels is best...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
The only problem with that could be that the marriage may deal with you the way it feels is best...

lol yea...

I just recently bought a book by Peter Post about essential manners for men - not that I'm rude, but it gives a lot of great advice about all the little things that drive women crazy when you live with them and why it drives them crazy.

For example - when you leave the sink all wet no big deal right? Apparently women will lean over to check the mirror and will get water all over their shirts. :shock:

Any guy getting married or just married should read it, it's excellent.

OK - admin no wife, no opinion Blum 3

and dave - yr white so yr culture is different. Blum 3

Anways Im THE man and I am certain that things will work out inshaALLAH. Did it halal, my parents and grandparents duas are with me, plus I got Mawlana Habeeb ur Rahman Azami Sahibs duas rolling off his tongue for 2 continuous minutes. Of everything perhaps Hadrats duas will be most fruitful. Biggrin

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Inshallah negates a promise. So it also negates certainty.

You are thus NOT certain...

... and remember you currently have no wife either. You are PLANNING to get married. So by your rules, no opinion!

"Med" wrote:
Thanks for the advice Dawud - but I'll deal with my marriage the way I think is best :twisted:
are you saying patience and tolerance aren't good qualities?

"Admin" wrote:
lol

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
are you saying patience and tolerance aren't good qualities?

"Admin" wrote:
lol

I subscribe to the saying : spare the rod spoil the child. :twisted:

Where lilsis wen u need her. she'd have a few comments to make on that :twisted:

But seriously - the Holy Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam is the perfect example for us including in marital life. And yes those noble qualities were part of His salallahu alayhi wa sallams marital life.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Proverbs 13:24 is actually in reference to [i]children[/i] not wives. The Song of Solomon is a little more geared toward the other half.

I'd never hit my wife or my children, I could never see myself getting that angry at her and I couldn't hurt her.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Proverbs 13:24 is actually in reference to [i]children[/i] not wives.

exactly what i was going to say. there's a slight difference between how one treats children and how he treats his wife. :roll:

and i take it from that last line of his post that Med was attempting to be funny, or atleast provoke a reaction from lilsis. but such things should not even be said in jest. :? i cannot stand people who try to justify hitting children.

Hi Med Welcome back! Biggrin

And Congradulations for getting married! Wink

may you have a long and Happy life with your wife! Blum 3

ps : Sorry for being a bit late to say that, I have just been away for a while caus of my exams!

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

"Don Karnage" wrote:
I'd never hit my wife or my children, I could never see myself getting that angry at her and I couldn't hurt her.

What if your wife had an affair?

Do you have children....I thought you said you were married for 3 months?

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Don Karnage" wrote:
Proverbs 13:24 is actually in reference to [i]children[/i] not wives.

exactly what i was going to say. there's a slight difference between how one treats children and how he treats his wife. :roll:

and i take it from that last line of his post that Med was attempting to be funny, or atleast provoke a reaction from lilsis. but such things should not even be said in jest. :? i cannot stand people who try to justify hitting children.

out of interest how many of you think religion justifies hitting children?

In mosques it still goes on today even though many people turn a blind eye towards it, mosque teachers usaully slap and have a cane where they hit you on the fingers, i remember in my local mosque , we used to get beats alot but it still didnt stop us making mistakes when we read and some kids would still mess about even though the molvi would literally beat the crap out of them, i exaggerate not :shock: - this is not a one-off i know many people who went to different mosques in different areas and also got beatings by molvi's

if any molvi was to touch my nephew/nieces/kids like that ill give them beats :evil: :!:

Also church school used to beat kids as well, :? not sure if it still goes on, and in schooling , they used to cane children until the law changed in the mid 80s.

I also got beats at my local mosque and to be honest I think I deserved it for misbehaving and it taught me discipine. If I didn't get any beats I think I would have been more spoilt now.

It's a shame that schools banned the cane.

If you see the kids nowadays the teachers are scared of them.

If kids would listen to what's being said verbally then that would be fine, but they're not. So they need some discipline, tash...

I don't believe in beating the child to a pulp but some moderate punishment should be allowed.

i used to get beats at the mosque aswell. But i never took it seriously. I mean the Imam would go around hitting all of us in succession, regardless of us being well behaved or not. We'd laugh he'd laugh, it wasn't really a beating, it never hurt, it hasn't done me any psychological or physical damage. Did i fear the Imam no. I like being ahead in classes so that was my motivation for being a good student not the impending smack of the cane.

However there were other imams who were ruthless with the boys. I don't agree with that, i felt like crying when i saw the boys hand bleeding. Yep his father came in and there was a scene. Imams, and teachers in schools should be allowed to discipline children under their care but the cane isn't needed, coz it can be abused.

the problem we have now in educational institutions is a total lack of discipline, kids and parents seem to have more free will to do as they wish. Teachers are no longer respected.

If your wife had an affair would you beat her muslimbro? it wouldn't achieve nothing, except points on your book of deeds. Better to relieve your anger in a non violent way. Talk things through, separate or divorce.

you should explain and make the child understand what he is doing wrong , if you beat him when he is misbehaving he is only going to associate being bad with beatings. E.g he will think 'i better not smoke cuz im gonna get battered' rather than 'i better not smoke cuz im gonna get lung/throat/mouth cancer, waste my money and stink' or 'i better not misbehave while reading quran because imma get caned' rather than i better not misbehave while reading quran cuz its a sin and allah will punish me '...ect

when he is older and there is no one to beat him, he will have it in his mentality i can be bad and its ok because no one can beat me. The child may beat others cuz thats the only way he knows how to express himself . It can have a damaging psychological effect if children get too many beats especially if they dont know why they are getting beat.

Also if you keep hitting your child it wont mean anything, however when he is totally out of control and done something really really bad , one hard slap may do the trick but an explanation should come with it

God, let Med's wife want for nothing, may she always be happy, fulfilled, self-expressed and at peace. May the marriage be filled with love and generosity. May the sins of Med's past be like ashes and the good deeds of his future herald him with the sound of trumpets. May there be only wall-to-wall understanding, joy and lovingkindness. Amen.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"The Great 100" wrote:
God, let Med's wife want for nothing, may she always be happy, fulfilled, self-expressed and at peace. May the marriage be filled with love and generosity. May the sins of Med's past be like ashes and the good deeds of his future herald him with the sound of trumpets. May there be only wall-to-wall understanding, joy and lovingkindness. Amen.

I dont get some of what is being said above but I think its good. May ALLAH crown you with imaan and ameen.

I aint really gonna beat my wife - some ppl dont get my humour :roll:

And take yr mosquebeats to another thread - this ones abt me :twisted:

Btw if a man beats his wife for being with another man thats one of the reasons he can beat her so whoever insinuated that its gonna be bad deeds for that persons record isnt entirely accurate. But like I said - take wifebeating and mosquebeating to another thread. Smile

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages

Topic locked