Med's Wedding

141 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:

aww thats very sweet of you LilSis but my wife-2-b is perfect as she is - afterall my ALLAH created her. She doesnt need your advice - thanks all the same. :roll:

I'm sure she's perfect

after all she's related to u :twisted:

You can say what you like abt me LilSis but I would request you not mock at her - :evil:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Not really... I had lots of friends growing up. Did get lonely sometimes but nothing earth shattering. That's what playstation was for...

I didn't know they had playstation in your time :twisted:

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Well like what is your intended field of study?

Oh that, well I'm chosen Criminology as I've got an interest with criminals/death penalty/prison, ect.

Wanted to do Law but luckily saw the syallbus and noticed that they teach you all the boring stuff so changed my choices quickly.

if u cant take it Med

then dont dish it out Dirol

Innaa lillahi wa innaaa ilayhi raaji'oon.

You're right.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I didn't know they had playstation in your time :twisted:

Yea... the only problem was electricity wasn't invented yet - so kind of useless for those first couple years.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Oh that, well I'm chosen Criminology as I've got an interest with criminals/death penalty/prison, ect.

Wanted to do Law but luckily saw the syallbus and noticed that they teach you all the boring stuff so changed my choices quickly.

Good idea - the criminology people can go into all kinds of stuff after college from law school to FBI, those of us stuck with prelaw degrees don't really have much choice - and it's a pretty boring track.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Good idea - the criminology people can go into all kinds of stuff after college from law school to FBI, those of us stuck with prelaw degrees don't really have much choice - and it's a pretty boring track.

I wanna be a senior police officer as I want power, respect and money Dirol

Wouldn't mind being a prison govenor....or maybe I've been watching prison break for too long.

So you've got a law degree right....what job do you do?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
I wanna be a senior police officer as I want power, respect and money Dirol

Wouldn't mind being a prison govenor....or maybe I've been watching prison break for too long.

lol well nobody can say you don't get right to the point.

As for me? I don't "do" anything. I've got a title a paycheck (and supposedly an office) in New York with my family's investment firm and a tentative position with my dad's law firm assuming I join after law school. But in the mean time I'm going back into the AF for the JAG corps and Harvard Law next year... been kind of a boring summer so far since everybody but me is working.

Odd man out...

Well you must have a boring job Lol ....but wouldn't mind if you have a fat paycheque.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
Well you must have a boring job Lol ....but wouldn't mind if you have a fat paycheque.

lol it's not so much a job as it is a bribe... it's my whole family's firm but since Dad went into law he never took an interest in how it was run and my uncle was happy about that. So we still have a board seat and always vote with the family, and out of generousity (and to keep us on the sidelines) he gave me a "job" which has a nice paycheck and good benefits - but it's silently contingent on me never actually getting involved or doing anything.

I'm not sure it's an entirely legal setup especially after sarbennes oxley but hey I'm not turning down a free check!

salaam

whats wrong with girls from karachi, whats wrong with girls from defence or clifton, what wrong with a MUHAJIR!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

the best girls are from karachi Med once u get married ull work that out!! ne guy marrying a karachite is lucky Dirol Dirol Dirol Lol lol

Yes I am extremely fortunate - alhamdulillah. ALLAH ka laak laak shukr hai.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Is it me or has anyone else noticed boys who are around 19 yrs. of age marrying.

I thought the ideal age for a boy to get married was in their mid 20's.

hey you know this tradition of getting married to cousins is it most prevalent amongst the Pakistani community or what? I can think of maybe 7 Pakistani girls from my secondary school all had to get married to cousins. Half of them are happy the other half divorced within the year.

My family are also very anti cousins, simply because it causes family arguments. Too many meddling relations trying to be helpful or controlling, end up making a wedge between husband and wife. But it's funny how certain cousins assume X's daughter will be given to Z's son simply because they're cousins, and nothing else. When ppl like my parents refuse to accept these sort of offers family members cut them off. Well who says their daughter or son is yours by default just coz you're cousins :?

there is no ideal age, aren't your parents already looking for you muslim bro Dirol

lol, marrying into cousins does seem to be a common occurance in the Pakistani community and yes they do usually assume that so and so's daughter will automaticly be given to so and so's son.

When my mom went to Pakiland her sister kept badgering her to marry my brother off to one of her daughters simply coz they were cousins. And bcoz mom refused she was like 'oh you're saying no coz you're rich and we're not' and mom like shut it, my sons will marry whomever they like when they are ready.' (lol go mom!)

Ideal age would be around mid 20 simply bcoz by then guys have graduated, has a job getting some money in to support his wife and family. But yeah i have noticed this trend is loosing now in favor of younger marriages.

Back in BLACK

Its not just pakistanis who marry in their family - this is standard across the arab world and is most prevalent I think in saudia and filisteen. I take the mick with my bengali friend that it seems they still have a bit of hindu culture left in them in regards to who they marry cos hindus dont tend to marry in family either.

Obviously marry who is best for you - and if its your cousin then perfect, and if its someone else then perfect too.

But those of my relatives who have married outsiders - their kids are a bit distant from us. The family gets too broken and spread out if people marry outside - when everyones married inside then you got 10 different relationships with one person! Its tight.

According to a Mawlana who came to give us naseehah recently - boys should marry at around 21 and girls 17 in UK. May ALLAH put barakah in Hadrats words. ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:
there is no ideal age, aren't your parents already looking for you muslim bro Dirol

lol I'm too young, haven't got any income and still studying....and I don't want to marry in a way.

Being single is the best, stress-free life Dirol

By the way aren't you a mother of five....

you cheeky boy loool. I've not even got one child yet, wht you on about :shock:

I don't know any practising bengali girls otherwise i would have given your parents some contacts brother lol. I'm looking for my own brothers, difficult finding girls who practise though :?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
you cheeky boy loool. I've not even got one child yet, wht you on about

lol... for some reason i was under the same impression aswell.

Just goes to show we dont really know that much about anyone on here.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

no it shows how little attention you boys actually pay, yash is married with no kids at the mo. Aphro has two children. Seema is married and has a child which she has adopted. It's all about paying attention Seraph.

do i behave like a middle aged woman with five kids :shock: i was feeling low today u guys made me feel worse lol

I sensed Yashmaki will be a mother soon. Gimme a fiver if Im right. Dirol

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"yashmaki" wrote:
I don't know any practising bengali girls otherwise i would have given your parents some contacts brother lol.

:shock: I'm suprised that you don't know any practising bengali girls. You should come down East London....

By the way they don't need to be bengali you know :oops:

"yashmaki" wrote:
I'm looking for my own brothers, difficult finding girls who practise though :?

I've heard of agencies who look for partners....aren't they any good?

Or you can try going back home and flashing the british passport Lol

"Angel" wrote:
Seema is married and has a child which she has adopted

Is that *Dust* you're referring to?

"yashmaki" wrote:
do i behave like a middle aged woman with five kids :shock:

Nope....you can be a young woman with five kids :twisted:

"Angel" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

no it shows how little attention you boys actually pay, yash is married with no kids at the mo. Aphro has two children. Seema is married and has a child which she has adopted. It's all about paying attention Seraph.

wrong again angel,

it just shows the good boys dont know anything about the girls on here.

In one ear and out the other thats what i always say.

Oh and Muslim Bro.... Seems is NOT *Dusty*... lol how can u confuse them?

"yashmaki" wrote:

The answer to that question is yes... yes you do.

Back in BLACK

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
Seema is married and has a child which she has adopted

Is that *Dust* you're referring to?

"Seraphim" wrote:

it's *Dust* Blum 3 and lol i am most definitely not married although i would love to adopt children in the future inshaAllah (much respect to Seema :)). he's a newbie Seraph, we should let him off this time. Wink

"Seraphim" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:

The answer to that question is yes... yes you do.

:roll: no she doesn't!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Seraphim" wrote:
wrong again angel,

it just shows the good boys dont know anything about the girls on here.

In one ear and out the other thats what i always say.

Couldn't agree more.

"Seraphim" wrote:

I haven't seen any Seema around here, is that her username?

Seems is Laila now, she went away for a bit but I think she just got back...

Went to leicester on saturday to see wedding clothes and subhanALLAH was the most amazing day.

Were waiting at New St station and saw a buzurg sitting on the far end of platform - me and my mate walked up to Hadrat, gave salaam and started speaking with him.

It was amazing. Mawlana came from India and was an Ustaad there. He mentioned his father and I couldnt believe it but this alim was a proper big timer. Hadrat was mentioning big ulama in india and told us that they were his fathers students, then he started mentioning some ulama here in UK from lesta and blackburn and bury and how they too were his fathers students. Apparently many of the masaajid in gujerat and delhi were either founded by Hadrats father or by the students of Hadrats father. We asked Hadrats name and it was Mawlana Habeeb ur Rahman Azami!!!

SubhanALLAH!!

Had heard of Mawlana from before but qasam never did I imagine I would meet Hadrat on his own at New St station!

Mawlana even mentioned that Mawlana Saleem Sahib of lesta did his dawrah hadeeth with Hadrats fathers - Mawlana AbdulJabbar. So I said to Mawlana that give us ijaazah to convey your salaam to Mawlana Saleem Sahib and he gave it. I was being clever cos this way I would have an opportunity to meet Mawlana Saleem Sahib properly cos I had the obligation of conveying Mawlana's salaam. lol

Mawlana thought I was farigh innit - and when I told him Im still talib ilm Mawlana came out with such duas - qasam made my heart light up. :oops:

Then Mawlana asked why we're going to lesta and I told him that Im getting married and looking for clothes. Then Mawlana made such duas that I couldnt believe. For 2 minutes solid he was just sitting with his legs folded beneath him, his hands clasped and his tongue rolling off duas. Im sure that with the duas of such a buzurg ALLAH will put barakah in my home inshaALLAH.

Lol - my mates a bengali and his urdu aint too good. So wen Mawlana finished duas for me I said to him that Mawlana make dua for my brother aswell cos he's not yet married and Mawlana did.

SubhanALLAH. Then our train came - we embraced Mawlana, kissed his shoulder, gave salaam and left.

ALLAH is mysterious indeed. Who would have imagined that we'd meet Mawlana Habeeb ur Rahman Azami Sahib at the train station on his own and that we'd have the opportunity to speak to him in detail. ALLAH is Most merciful.

Then in lesta got to speak with one of Mawlana Riyadh ul Haq's brothers outside Masjid Uthman for a while aswell. alhamdulillah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Muslimbro.

londoni girls? My mother won't allow a londoni girl in our house after the disaster with the last one, she's totally traumatised, she said over her dead body all they want is money money money. Generalisation i think but bad experiences warp your views don't they. She'd need a lot of persuading the, girl would have to be of exceptional character Lol

Back home... You can go there knowing no one and you'll get hundreds of proposals. They will make out their daughter or son is perfect for you. Everything you desire to your specifications, so long as you flash the passport. So it's hard to know what they're really like. You won't get a chance to find out. Soon as you say yes they'll be preparing wedding stuff.

If you're recommended somone and you maybe get to know them a bit then it's fine. But otherwise seems like you're marrying a complete stranger too risky don't you think?

One of my brothers has agreed to it, my parents didn't even suggest going back home, he did. I think he's mad. he's saying yes just on a photo. He doesn't know her ain't spoken to her nada. Once he gives the official yes and they know he's on the plane, they'll be making wedding preps. I'd hyperventilate and die before i could do that. We've told him the pros and cons but it's his life if he wants to go ahead his choice.

my other bro wants to get married here, he says the girls here will be more compatible for him coz they had similar lifestyle/upbringing. Guess girls or boys from back home works for some ppl not for others, depends what you're looking for. If you're good with your native tongue that helps a lot, otherwise there's communication problems, and it can effect the relationship.

What about you muslimbro you going back home, or gona look here, you decided yet Biggrin my sis in law would know lots of girls for you from back home, let me know if you get stuck Wink

So brother Med did you get your wedding outfit from Leicester or you come back home empty handed like i do when i'm fussy?

"yashmaki" wrote:

One of my brothers has agreed to it, my parents didn't even suggest going back home, he did. I think he's mad.[b] he's saying yes just on a photo. He doesn't know her ain't spoken to her nada[/b]. Once he gives the official yes and they know he's on the plane, they'll be making wedding preps. I'd hyperventilate and die before i could do that. We've told him the pros and cons but it's his life if he wants to go ahead his choice.

mashaALLAH - i like your bruv. He's doing it exact same as me. lol

"yashmaki" wrote:

So brother Med did you get your wedding outfit from Leicester or you come back home empty handed like i do when i'm fussy?

I didnt go to buy - just to look at the designs. Family go overboard and thought it was best for me to go with my friend rather than with my mother, aunties and ten million cousinsisters :roll: .

Apparently southall will soon be filled with my female relations searching for gold. :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Pages

Topic locked