exams

512 posts / 0 new
Last post

After graduating I was so sick of studying, if I could teach without my PGCE I wouldn’t have stayed onto further education….

Someone I know did her degree in Law, her Masters in something; she’s just finishing her PGCE and will start her PHD next year…

My uncles fiancée spent five years studying to become a pharmacist and then spent five years studying accountancy…she’s also done a few diploma’s.... Some people love studying…

Awww thanks guys. Only thing is i dont knw if i plan to graduate this year might be crazy enough to do my honours, need to speak to my careers advisor plus my uni dont know that I had originally planned to graduate this year. I am a confused soul Sad

Whats all this 2:1 and 2:2, it would be easier if they stuck to A's and B's.

So what's the highest mark you can get in uni...and the lowest mark?

In uni the highest 'grade' you can get is First Class.

Then there is Second Class. This is divided into two ie 2:1 and 2:2.

The lowest mark before a fail is a Third Class.

in 4 of my modules this year i got over 74-in one I even got an 84 :shock:

in the other two i got 60/55

if this was my final year i wud have graduated with a first

too bad first year dont count :roll:

congrats angel and beastly one-whens ur graduate party?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
in 4 of my modules this year i got over 74-in one I even got an 84 :shock:

in the other two i got 60/55

if this was my final year i wud have graduated with a first

too bad first year dont count :roll:

congrats angel and beastly one-whens ur graduate party?

thats awesome, bodes well for the next 2 or 3 years!

you beat me in 1st year, i chilled too much lol.

hightest i ever got in a module was 72

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

not really cos

in my uni-first year dont count towards ur final mark-or maybe only 5/10% counts

most ppl just doss in first year for this reason

I had 2 Government and Politics exam today.

I didn't sleep today and was revising all night with small breaks in between. I spent two hours revising just about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

When I opened the question paper the first question was about the conflict and I shouted YES! and everyone was looking at me and I just avoided eye contact and carried on.

The exam was good overall.

I just finished my last exam today (Government & Politics) phew.

Had 8 hours of sleep in the last 3 days...and still not feeling sleepy, just got a headache.

I wrote 5 sides for the whole paper, I know someone who wrote 12 sides...how do people do that? They don't think and just keep writing like mad.

Btw a guy got caught cheating today. Basically he asked to go to the toilet in the middle of the exam and was looking through his notes in the toilet and somehow he got clocked.

Speaking of cheating has anyone here ever cheated (in an exam!)...come on don't be shy.

I told a guy an answer to a question in one not-so-important end of module exam in high school.

We both got chucked out.

But my paper was marked anyway and I got one of the best marks in the class. He he he.

Got my results...Passed Alhamdulillah!

3% away from a 2:1.....which isnt bad, but no more than i deserved, im happy...no resits!

a lot of people got less and seem to be happy, it was tough so i cant complain even tho i wanted 2:1

but next year is 75%....so as long as i work had, probz try movin out, and no razor next year....may jus get it!

the one exam i 'cheated' in (i can explain!) is the one i did the worst in, 51%....lesson learnt

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=magenta]congrats any how next year you'll ace it inshaAllah, we all get the grade we deserve[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

[color=indigo][b]I got my 2nd year uni results 2 weeks ago, although I passed... I need to work harder next year to bring my grade up [/b][/color]

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

So sirus was that a 2:2 you got?

Come on sirus give us your story of the exam you cheated in...

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
So sirus was that a 2:2 you got?

Come on sirus give us your story of the exam you cheated in...

yeah, a [i]high[/i] 2:2

4 deadlines in a week....no sleep, last minute revision, still did ok....i would consider moving to manchester next year, but need backing for that!

the Human Rights exam.....

what happened was, i put my bag down on the side and then made my way across to an empty seat on the other side....struggling to squeeze in between the tables so close together.....and i was about to sit down, i realised i still had my notes in my hand, so i stuck them in my pocket with no intention to use them (i rarely ever finish on time, so sneaking out would be wasting tym, plus its not my thing)

then during the exam....i needed to go bathroom, i tried holding on for long time, as i knew it was a race against time to finish.....but i had to give in, and it just happens that my mind went blank at the time....even tho i knew what i was supposed to write, i just forgot.

so did my business, and then as i was drying my hands.....the idea crossed my mind, had a QUICK glimpse at my notes and headed back to the exam hall

victim of circumstances Biggrin
never gona do it again tho, felt very bad after doing that

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

You shud be ashamed of yourself Duhboy!

I have never cheated, it's a sad thing to do coz if you do well you knw you never put any effort into it!

So sirus is that politics or law you're doing a degree in?

Sirus are you allowed to have notes on you? We have to put all our things at the back of the hall, we're not even allowed to hang our jackets on the back of our chairs.

In sociology I revised everything except for a tiny topic which I thought wouldn't come up and suprise suprise it did. I was so angry with myself when I read the question. So 12 marks out of the window but I managed to make some things up so hopefully the examiner won't realise that.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
So sirus is that politics or law you're doing a degree in?

Sirus are you allowed to have notes on you? We have to put all our things at the back of the hall, we're not even allowed to hang our jackets on the back of our chairs.

In sociology I revised everything except for a tiny topic which I thought wouldn't come up and suprise suprise it did. I was so angry with myself when I read the question. So 12 marks out of the window but I managed to make some things up so hopefully the examiner won't realise that.

Law degree

and i dont cheat :x it just happened

ur not allowed notes, its the same as your exam....leave it at the back or side....i jus 4got to, so i put it in ma pocket

i so hope no examiner is reading this

dont worry, socioloogy is all about blagging stuff! i got A in my 1st year for that, B overall

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

What uni do you go to again?

I'll email this to the relevant uni lecturer with your real name haha (cheater!)

"Angel" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

What uni do you go to again?

I'll email this to the relevant uni lecturer with your real name haha (cheater!)

Central university of lancaster

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

lol well done sirus!

shocked that u cheated tho, tut tut. :shock: yes u just happened to have the notes, but u didn't have to look at them!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
lol well done sirus!

shocked that u cheated tho, tut tut. :shock: yes u just happened to have the notes, but u didn't have to look at them!

i know, i was dissapointed maself afterwards........glad that was the worst mark i got for a unit

i had no intention to Sad .........spur of the moment, was in toilets, had notes with me, needed to just look at one thing.... took the wrong decision :oops:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Don't worry sirus, we understand....cheater!!! Lol

I think I would have done the same thing if I was in your position but I always go to the toilet before going into the exam as in nearly every exams I had I was still writing when the teacher said to stop writing.

same here....i never go, but this time i really had to :x

i have nothing to hide, i admit i made a mistake in looking at the sheet when i had the chance to, i didnt plan on it, and i know i wont do it again!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
same here....i never go, but this time i really had to :x

Yeah yeah proly just an excuse to cheat you CHEATER :twisted:

yeah, safe :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Alhamdulillah

I also passed (1st year university) !!! Biggrin very happy and relieved!

Sirus, perhaps you want to edit that 'victim of circumstances' post seeing as some people on your course know who you are on here.

Congratulations to all who passed. Any who didn't, I thing the Lord has something better in store for you. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Dame it I have to wait a month for my results! So not fair!

Anyways congradulations to all that have passed their exams and may you have a sucessful future! Ameen.

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

When does the a-level results come out anyway...isn't it 19 august?

Pages