exams

512 posts / 0 new
Last post

salam evry1

ive still gt more exams to get thrue yet, but its half term hols now

it was so sad leaving school, im gonna miss school so much, and it may sound geeky but im gonna miss my teachers the most

anyway, ive finished my ict paper 1 which was horrible Cray 2
my english lit wich im confident ive got a B, insha-allah ( though i really want an A, but realstically i know i got a Dirol
and then i totally aced my judaism and christian perspectives paper. Dirol
ive still got all the rest to go though
pray for me

thanks
wassalam
madiha

smile and be happy!!!

Gud luck....altho when u luk back, GCSE's are a walkover

but that doesnt mean i said dont work hard Biggrin

so glad mine are over...1 week of holidays down, 16 to go Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Finally... it's over :roll:

Just 2 weeks before I find out I've got a third. Biggrin

"Beast" wrote:
Finally... it's over :roll:

Just 2 weeks before I find out I've got a third. Biggrin

Lol

did it go that bad?

are you being affected by the strikes?

im not payin my 19 quid fine untill they mark my work!!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

whats wrong with the universities in manchester? well all over UK. thank god no strikes going on at my uni lol [/quote]

The teacher incharge of the exam I did is striking. There'll be some strict outsider marking it.

Last year of Uni was so boring. No enthusiam, no drive, no interest. I'm preparing for the worst.

You guys (and girls) must be relieved....my exams haven't started yet.

[color=magenta]my exams are over whoooooooooopeeeeeeeee im so happy, weeks of sleepless nights i can relax n chill for a bit, good luck to those who still have exams im just gna enjoy myslf, gna hit the shops monday [/color] Biggrin Smile Blum 3

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Congrats!!!

yesterdays news said there was an agreement reached and that the strikes had stopped by midnyt last nyt

maybe now my teacher will reply to my email askin when i gona get my coursework marks :roll:

the whole fiasco has been stupid, i feel for the lectureres....but why do students gotta suffer

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

oh my god!!!
my french exam has just gone so shit right now, what was going on, i have no idea!!!!
i just totally gessed everything.

everythings been hard actually. a load of pants!!! never mind, just keep doing dua for me all.
i really need it.
take care, i'll be back posting like a mad women soon Smile another 7 more exams to go...

smile and be happy!!!

Has anyone studied psychology as part of their A-levels....I need some help.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

im hoping to study phycology at A level. it is good at A level?

smile and be happy!!!

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

I agree but you need someone with more than an A-level. Lol

Seriously, in about fifteen minutes I'm off to spend the weekend in Wales but if you're reading this in time, see if I can help.

[size=9]*EDIT: Sorry about that, I have to leave*[/size]

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"madiha" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:

im hoping to study phycology at A level. it is good at A level?

No, but some universities offer amazing psychology degree courses and if you want to take a degree in it you'd be best to broaden your education with other A-levels. The trouble with a deep subject like that at A-level is the joy of learning it and getting scientific with it is overshadowed by the fixed range of theories and statistical methods you're obliged to memorise. Fact-crunching GCSEs and A-levels destroy truthful enquiry. Taking a science A-level brings this home when you realise how patronisingly and detrimentally simplified your GCSE syllabus was. For a psychology degree I recommend that your A-levels include English, and maths or at least one science.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"madiha" wrote:
im hoping to study psychology at A level. it is good at A level?

It's a brilliant subject. You get to learn about so many wierd and wonderful stuff. I love Freud!

But when you're doing A2 you've got to be good at memorising stuff as there's so much info but it's good fun learning it.

I disagree with 100 as I think English, Maths and Science are 'boring' subjects but that's just my opinion. Also aren't they supposed to be 'boys' subjects?

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"madiha" wrote:
im hoping to study psychology at A level. it is good at A level?

It's a brilliant subject. You get to learn about so many wierd and wonderful stuff. I love Freud!

Your not his/her kid are you?

Quote:
I disagree with 100 as I think English, Maths and Science are 'boring' subjects but that's just my opinion. Also aren't they supposed to be 'boys' subjects?

You find real subjects where there is a right or wrong answer as 'boring'?

Or is it you are afraid of failure? so you would rather do a subjkect that is based on opinions?

These pseudo subjects, while interesting, are not in the same league. Yoiu should be marked down for doing a 'soft' subject. Make an A in maths worth more than an A in psychology. after all is psychology its more about how coherent you make yourself sound, and how you back up your thinking rather than being correct.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

You can love others apart from your parents....can't you?

"Admin" wrote:
Or is it you are afraid of failure? so you would rather do a subjkect that is based on opinions?

Psychology is both facts and opinions as you study the biological and psychological aspects of the body/brain and behaviour.
I'd rather choose a subject I enjoy and pass it and not the opposite.

"Admin" wrote:
Make an A in maths worth more than an A in psychology.

When you wanna get into university the first thing they look at is your ucas points so doesn't matter if you get an A in maths or psychology. An A is an A no matter what subject you pass it in.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

You can love others apart from your parents....can't you?

You never got my freudian reference.

Quote:

"Admin" wrote:

Psychology is both facts and opinions as you study the biological and psychological aspects of the body/brain and behaviour.
I'd rather choose a subject I enjoy and pass it and not the opposite.
I agree with you here about enjoying the subject, but not on the obectivity of it.

Quote:
"Admin" wrote:
Make an A in maths worth more than an A in psychology.

When you wanna get into university the first thing they look at is your ucas points so doesn't matter if you get an A in maths or psychology. An A is an A no matter what subject you pass it in.
[/quote]

Ucas weighting IMO should take into account the relative difficulty of the subject. so an A should not be equal an A, if one is easier to attain than the other.

psychology is not a fully soft subject, but it still is more about backing up your opinion than actually being correct IMO. and that should be a diferent subkect altogether. English or something, where you are marked on how well yuo back up your opinions, not caring wether they are correct or not.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
You never got my freudian reference.

Care to explain...

"Admin" wrote:
I agree with you here about enjoying the subject, but not on the obectivity of it.

So you think psychology is all opinions and has no facts?

"Admin" wrote:
psychology is not a fully soft subject, but it still is more about backing up your opinion than actually being correct IMO.

I still disagree. You can't write your own opinions down. Even if you do, you won't get any marks for it.
You have to write down the study or theory of the psychologist then you should evaluate it. I don't know where your opinion comes in.

evaluate it.

And I care not to explain myself on the first point. It's a bit sick. Not something I should have made to be honest.

and the 'evaluate it' is not opinion?

First law of psychology: There is no such as an accident.

Oh I get it now....is it something to do with the 'you know what' stages?

Have you also studied psychology before?

For example if it is found that a study/theory had gender/culture bias then that itself is evaluation and I wouldn't consider that as an opinion....would you?

I have studied students stufying psychology at A levels.

I found it pretty amusing to just make up 'fake' theories to test people on a subject I had no real knowledge. and occasionally I uncovered nuggets. Try studying sociology. Its also prett rivetting stuff... which again I have not studied.

Quote:
For example if it is found that a study/theory had gender/culture bias then that itself is evaluation and I wouldn't consider that as an opinion....would you?

How can a study/theory have gender bias? Its the results, the conclusion that may have gender bias. Now that is an opinion based on looking into the sample, and the stats that are gleaned off it.

Now tell me why do people recover from sleep deprivation within approximately 12 hours, no matter how long they were deprived of sleep? and how does that add up to the fact people can sleep longer than 12 hours?

Testing me ehh...

I'm also studying A2 sociology, crime & deviance exam is 2 weeks later.

A study can have gender bias....if the reseacher and the participants were all males....the findings may not apply to females.

I had the unit 4 exam last week (sleep and dreams). People spend most of their time after sleep deprivation in stage 4 & rem sleep which is very important according to the restoration theory (which repairs the body...and the brain; protein synthesis). The rem sleep is also there for the purpose of dreams and is called rem rebound when the rem sleep is made up for the missed sleep.

We only studied cases of people who have deprived themselves of sleep (in some cases died) but not cases of people over-sleeping.

But that does not mean that the actual conclusions are gender biased...

... and I do not 'test' Just kick up idea's that are floating in my mind at that moment.

That is one reason why my longer posts start to go offpost after a few lines. And probably also why other topics I do not touch also go offline, as people see that I am doiung it, so nowt wrong with it.

EDIT: I knew I went offtopic whilst typing the above. It was not on purpose, but it was still timely. I thought I should continue with my line of thought.

OK, a question that I should ask a psychologist/sociologist...

What is motivation?

That is something I do not understand. I understand doing something, or not doing something. But motivation? I know people are 'motivated', but do not understand what that actually is.

SO what is it?

"Admin" wrote:
But that does not mean that the actual conclusions are gender biased...

What does it mean?

What topic is motivation from? We only learn stuff from the syllabus and not sure we have covered that.

I'm far away from being a psychologist/sociologist.

WHat it means is that the tests were carried out by males on males, or females on females. The results could entirely be accurate.

It all depends on the results taken, methodology, and wether the test is on something that is diferent between the genders, and wether the genders would have any reason to advertantly or inadvertantly 'tamper' with the results.

PS I hope that makes sense. I am 'feeling' sleep deprived atm... but have no motivation to sleep. Or not sleep. SO my coherency may be lacking.

If the results were based from female participants, doesn't it mean that the findings may not apply to males?

You are correct when saying that the results may be accurate but it still is gender biased as some psychologists try to apply their 'gender biased' theory to everyone.

Not always true.

What if the study was on wether over time people could manage sleep deprivation? while the actual rates could be diferent, the actual study of wether it could be managed would not be biased.

So it always depends. and all tests will always be biased in some way. Its not possible to have unbiased tests.

That is a basically principle of science. What you hope is that the bias is too small to make any significant difference.

and other things that contribute to bias could be age, experience, pay grades, general satisfaction with life, what was ate (or not) for breakfast, and believe it or not, the amount of caffeine the person consumed.

Caffeine supposedly stimulates the part of the brain that is like to agree. It makes you more likely to say yes.

Pages